Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did you find out the sex of your baby, and they were wrong!!!

I wasn't having ago at you for having a laugh I just thought maybe Tulip Didn't actually know. I mean I didn't till this Pg.

Sal Guest

Scanologist is entering my vocabulary, I think it's a great word!

Sal Guest

Hehehe I noticed that too, Fletch, but thought I'd dug my hole deep enough as it was!

well what is it then! You all think your so smart, whats the proper name then!!! Huh huh huh {joking}

AAHHHHHH HUH!!!!
    It is too a snographer!! I just googled it! :nana:

Ok i have also seen it called a Sonographer. But the other way came up too...
    Last edited by *Efjay*; June 7th, 2006 at 03:23 PM.

Sal Guest

Hee hee! Your keyboard might be playing up with the 'o' key FionaJill! I think scanologist is less pretentious than sonographer, but the word 'snographer' conjures up images of a seedy person in a trenchcoat teaching you how to have a good snog!!!!

Ok, sneaking off now! lol

I googled snographer & that comes up. But when you google only aus pages it comes up as sonographer.

Sal Guest

well that's because those yanks don't know how to spell tee hee

Neither do I LOL!!!

Lorin Guest

i also here about this happening alot. My lil sister friends mum, was told she was having a lil boy all the way up too her last ultrasound at 38 weeks as she had difficulty through out her pregnancy. And well bubbies was born a gorgeous lil girl.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Its a snographer isn't it?
    do you know what snog means ? (I didn't till I was an adult and an english teenager told me)

I never even noticed the
    scanologist
    but I had a good giggle about this thread.I like it too.

I have heard a few girls being boys .... and a 'boy' that was a girl in last few weeks. At my last scan 2 wks ago I asked her to recheck ... we only saw one boy - the other was hiding his bits but the 'sonographer' said they are definately boys we have seen them 5 times now - their accessories are quite clear on the screen.

The 18wks 'guy' said he could tell -boy because they (1) had hands between their legs

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

My cousin had a scan every month and was told it was a boy each time. Wrong! Lol!

I didn't want to find out with any of my kids, but when I was pg to Zaki, I told the sonographer (hmm, I like scanologist too!) that I was hopig for a girl and she said I wouldn't go out and buy lots of pink if I were you!

If I ever fell pg again, though, I'd probably ask about the sex, I think. But hearing your stories, sounds like the chances are still good that it might go either way!

oh noooo why oh why did i read this thread ?? now my first reaction will be to grab the baby as soon as it comes out and make sure its a girl , otherwise my " son " will be wearing a lot of pink

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I think it's pretty likely if they can point out the bits. Our sonographer pointed out Jonah's bits but I still had no idea what the hell I was looking at and she was right So stop stressing Tanya, I'm sure Lucas is a Lucas and not a Louise

*LOL* Even though I had three scans from 20 weeks plus, I still panicked each time that Maddy might turn out to be a boy. When she was born, all of the midwives were 'Welcome to the world little Madeline' and I had to ask 'has anybody actually checked?'. *L* They then lifted the blanket over her on my chest to double-check! hehe Nobody had actually even looked properly!

Tulip, can up put the pic up on the net & we can all have a look? You could see clearly that my boys were boys. But this time round the "sonographer" was definate it was a girl. She said, its a girl. I said OMG are you serious? and she said yep definately a girl! I said OMG!
    There is a good site that has pic of boy / girl ultrasounds so you can see the differences. Its on the about.com pages in the pregnancy section. Not hard to find.

When I got home today I went & checked some sites to see if what we saw was girly bits or not. It was hard to tell with my scan because the little one was moving around too much, but I definately didn't see any boy bits.

Maybe 'hes' just modest Christy?! hehe From what i understand there is a very distinct three white lines to be seen when its a girl (or is that two lines?).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast