Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Relle you champion hedgehog wonderkid! I honestly can't imagine making it to Frankston w the little man in one sane piece! Just to clarify to others -- not that I don't want TO!! It's just that I am a VERY new driver (only got license because I was going to get knocked up) and hopeless w screaming tot.
    I will come down when DH is avail to transport us safely (and we have ALL the time in the world -- takes me ages when driving because I have to stop when he screams! Hopeless I know)

Ros, would love to catch up! I did a weekend workshop by Victoria Marshall who runs Birthready. It was great and DH loved it.
    I don't know if this is the right forum to discuss it and I should also post in the doula section, but this will come as no surprise to t hose who know her, but Relle was incredible! DH was very hesitant about having a doula but he is now a total advocate.

Mel, I wish that I could say it's all different. I think that everyone's best intended comments to me threw me into thinking I don't know how to mother my boy. He is troublesome in rhat he won't settle off me during the day, i can't get him to lay in a pram and he's back on 2 hr feeds .... but having now met a number of other new mothers, it doesn't seem that we are too unusual.

We went ti pinky's sleep seminar yesterday. it was great in that it was affirming of what i am doing and stuff, but there was no real advice that was of use or new to me. i have tried it all it feels like. now i am deciding if i am panicking and should get more help, or maybe i can wait it out a bit longer. afterall it will pass ...
    Although after 2 nights of barely anysleep, i am now like 'bring on baby Valium!' Who cares about development issues???????

sorry re typos -- ds attached and typing one hand.

Oh nox honey sometimes you need to try alot of different avenues, every baby is different. Sometimes the no cry solution only works some bubs and not on others, any thats what i have found, sometimes you need to do your own thing, you are doing fine!!!

If you want i can pick you up and bring you to Relles or you could come to my place and i drive down there. i Live in Parkdale on Beach RD

Relle yummy hedgehog i have been craving so many sweets!.

Mel and kirsten i really want to learn some more about your techniques and i have to start think about it now as i am approaching 28 weeks, althought i wish it was 38 weeks!!

Hi Everyone.

Really interested to see the discussion on Calmbirth. I have already emailed Di Gardner about this. Not sure if I will go ahead but definitely interested in it. Even the name 'Calmbirth' sounds good to me! I think I am tad scared of the labour process - so any techniques to prepare me will probably be good. I am also hyper-flexible, which sounds like a great thing - but it also means that I have to be very aware of my body over the coming months to ensure that my muscles and bones do not stretch (or spread as one lovely physio once told me) during the later months of pregnancy. I am thinking that pilates will help with that.

I am hanging out for my 20 week scan - 7 whole weeks to go. Seems to far away.
    I also told the CEO today that I am pregnant - he was lovely about it.

Calmbirth Calmbirth Calmbirth!
    CALMBIRTH! Do it! Everyone!

I am available any Monday, just name the date and I can be there! Name a plate and I will bring it! Mother's groups are so good for making you feel like you are doing the right thing, you realise it's not just you - it's great to have that group of people with bubs of the same age. Although it can get a little..."Political" is that right word?? Anyway I love mother's group and hate to miss it!

I am in too!!!!!!!!!!!!

When and where should we meet, Wheres relle she's usually the regular one on here!!!

Relle we miss you !

Kirsten i would love for you to fill me in on calm birth can't wait to hear about it!

I have a dentist appt tomorrow yuk!!!!!

I have been putting off that dreaded glucose test but i think i ave to get it over and done with, last time the room was spinning it was gross!

Ros: Ugh! That glucose test! YUK, made me hyper and edgy and was awful, I hate it. I thought the drink didn't taste that bad but made me feel disgusting!!!!!!

Yeah Super Bogan, where are you??
    I'm In I'm IN

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hi girls,

I am here, more than happy to have it here on a Monday. Is next Monday cup week or the week after?

Have been flat out with client appoinments, but settling down again now.

If next monday is not cup week, I am cool to have it then, otherwise maybe the Monday after the cup.

What do you think?

Monday coming sounds good to me!

Hi girls, sorry I have been a bit slack with my replies lately! Life in my house has been so busy lately with work and Chelsea has her ballet concert next Tuesday so they have been having rehersal, photos, buying stuff - can't wait till its over!

Sorry to say I can't make next Monday or the fortnight after that, but please go ahead with whatever day suits everyone and I'll just make sure I can come to the next one as I am sure we will have more than 1 (or I hope so!).

Ros - have you been to the dentist yet?

Nox - how is the little man travelling? Sorry to hear the seminar didn't help much. I'm sure everything will click into place, it just takes a bit of time. You sound like my bestfriend in Qld, she got her licence aged 32! She has had to sit her learners permit 3 times as they expired every 3 years. She is not very confident either, but I think that comes with practice (much like raising a baby lol!!!). She drives alot at night when the road is quieter just to get her confidence up.

Better get back to work and I am hungry!

Nox I was also a later starter in the driving area. I got my licence when I was 24 (now 31) but then went straight overseas so never got in any practise. Then last year, I finally decided to do something about it. I enrolled in a course called 'Fear of Driving' (I think) and whilst doing it, I got a new job that would require me to drive. So I was pushed into it really. I drive everywhere now, which still amazes me. 18 months ago, I would have dissolved into tears at the slightest thing on the road. I can honestly say that getting over my fear of driving has been the hardest but most worthwhile thing I have ever done.

If you are having issues, maybe look into a course. I found it so reassuring to realise that there were other people like me who got afraid!

haha! Thanks Katie and Mel! I sound like a freak I know! I was a bit older than that when I finally got my license--so maybe a bigger realisation of the possibility of death??!!! LOL
    Anyway it's not soooo much that I am afraid of driving ... more that I am afraid of my DS!! It is just when he screams .... also I have NO idea of where I go when I drive. Don't ask why. The other day I wanted to go to Coles in Elsternwick and ended up at Coles in Glenferrie Rd. Not sure why ... hahaha! I was saying to Relle generally the furthest I drive is Caulfield Park (I am Prahran)!

Anyway little man seems to be a bit more manageable ... dare I say it? And the BEST news -- I GOT HIM TO BE IN THE PRAM!!! Every morning now this week we have gone for a walk from about 930-1130 with no drama. In fact he is still asleep from this morning's walk and I had to take him out of the pram to get upstairs!

Of course still unsettled, but I am better with that now.

Relle -- he took to the Happy whatevers dummy that you recommended. I don't know if that is a good thing or not. I nearly cried when I saw him looking like the Simpson's baby. But my mat nurse says that we will have him off it before 4 months if I keep using it. Used it yesterday evening and not again yet. But thanks!

He is sneezing and coughing a bit though ... is this normal?

Nox - I am glad he has taken to it, honestly hun it is really not that hard to get them out of having dummies, and if it makes for a happier baby and a happier mum in the meantime, then in my opinion it is worth it.

OK - How on earth did you end up in Glenferrie road as opposed to Elsternwick??????

That is awesome news about him sleeping well in the pram now, that will make life alot easier for you.

Kate - that is a great idea about the extra driving course for confidence, and looking at your ticker, time is ticking by for you too.

Mel - How exciting about Chelsea's concert coming up, she is soooo growing up isn't she.

The other day I could do a meet up is Friday, Campbell will be in creche, but I would rather that and we all get to catch up than have him home anyway! lol

How are we all situated for the Friday before Melbourne Cup, so not this Friday, one after?

Angus has taken to feeding at 3-3.30am at the moment, so by the time he feeds and then the boys wake at 5-5.30am, my days are pretty much starting at 3.30am atm so they are long days by the time 10pm comes around with no rest for the wicked through the day either, I never manage to get all 3 down sleeping at the same time.

Jo and Kate, you are more than welcome to come as well, if you are free PM me your email address and I can send you my contact details.

Thanks Relle, much appreciated. I am still working full time so will have to wait until after the baby is born to join in.

I found the course for driving really useful. I used to feel like such a freak about not wanting to drive. Going to the course just made me realise that it is a legit phobia and lots of people have it! It also came out that every single person in my class was a perfectionist! Not surprising really.

Time is moving along. I am really looking forward to my 20 week scan. I had a bit of a scare this week with some bleeding so managed to get in for a scan - and all was good. Probably didn't need the scan but it worked as much for my own peace of mind. Being the first time for me, everything is so new and weird.

I think I will look into Calmbirth. I saw Diane at the Baby expo this past weekend, but didn't get a chance to chat. I need to get DH involved. I think he will be okay with it, but might take some initial persuading.

Thanks Relle, but I too am still working full time. I won't be finishing until early Feb. Maybe another time though!

It's funny how different things freak different people out. I got my license as soon as I could and I used to hang out with my BF and her brother and his mates and the boy's used to take us out around this one way street in Cheltenham called Friendship Square and they taught us how to go around the corners sideways and keep control of the car! Fun at the time, but silly now that I look back on it!

Hi there,

Super Bogan, Fridays are no good for me, but I can come to the next one (if its a monday or Tuesday) if Friday is good for everyone else. It is so hard to organise a big bunch of people to all be available on the same day??
    How are you even coping with so little sleep?

Oop gotta go...Quinn waking up again, off to Gymbaroo soon, I love Gymbaroo.

OK Cool Fahncy,

Lets stick with a Monday then. Are you and Ros free for this monday? Or should we make it the one after cup week?

I guess we will make it the one after cup week...
    This Monday is today...sorry, a bit slack here with the computer. Is that the 11th Nov??

hey ladies. i should put up some pics of my little man. i'll get them off the camera maybe today.
    i have my app w dr d today! hasn't been long enough for me to start missing him yet so not really looking forward to it as much as i should!
    ds is now 8 w old and seems sooooooo big and old to me until i see him against all my friends older kids. things have chilled out -- still no easy routine and day feeds can be pretty much anywhere. makes for no plan days o be the best. nights are ok but rather than sleeping 4.5 hrs from 830pm i would love that from midnight!!! haha shouldn't complain.
    hope everyone else is well!

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast