Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Thankyou for all of your positive thoughts girls - it means alot.

Our drive was really lovely, only problem is Cooper has come down with an absolute shocker of a headcold, so needless to say he is miserable.

Wow - I can't believe you and Ella are getting so close to finishing work, at this rate I will still be pregnant when you give birth Nox! lol

nox - no, i'm doing the one on 9th Sept - i already have plans for the 11th August so couldn't make it...

relle - i wouldn't want to see the fight for the bathtub if yourself and nox are in cabrini labour ward at the same time - lol!!! i think you'll both safely meet me to it though!!

Relle had her baby on the 17th July at 2.47am

Angus Blake

Weighing at 8lb

She had a 90 min labour and all natural!!!

YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Go Relle!!!!!!!!!! Fast labour that one!

relle, you cheeky sod!! having your baby so quickly without giving us a chance to send positive calming labour thoughts!! i hope that you made it to Cabrini in time, and Dennis made it there in his pink polo for the climax!!
    Gorgeous name, and i can't wait to hear your birth story!!

He is sooooooo beautiful!
    Just got back from visiting the legend and Angus is a gorgeous little man!!! Relle looks so good you would never know she's just had a baby!!

Aaaawww.... i want to meet mine now too!! still another 10-12 weeks to go...
    I'm just about to start writing my birth plan now so that i can go through it with Dennis at my appointment on monday... hope he doesn't think i'm a hippee!!

Ha ha ha - Ella, he didn't think I was a hippy and I had everything in it - he goes through every point with you. And is really good.

I'm sure Di told you to send it to cabrini too - they are very good because they know what's in it when you're in labour. No one mentioned pain relief to me not once!!!!!

Kirsten - yes, i'm planning on hand-delivering it to Cabrini and getting them to put it in my notes (i'll use any excuse to try and get a peek through the window of the nursery in Cabrini though!)... glad to hear that no one tried to offer you pain relief - i wasn't sure whether they'd actually bother reading it...

Ella: I was there through 3 shift changes and every single midwife was aware of my birth preferences. I was very impressed!! They even reminded me that I requested vit K orally, even though by the time Quinn was born I decided I didn't want him to have it at all The hospital ante natal classes actually made me really worried about labour, they focussed so much on "pain relief" that I was expecting the midwives to push it on me, but they were sooo soooooooo good, they pretty much left me to it and were there when I wanted them and came in and did their obs and then left again - only once did i have an internal in the whole 13 hours I was there and that was at Dennis' request because my waters hadn't broken, and they asked me if it was ok.

Kirsten -- I have been writing (sort of) my birth plan and I have some strong ideas. I have not yet given it to Dennis, but when I discuss some of my thoughts, I have been a little put off. Perhaps he is not sure if I am asking because I am not wanting intervention or am asking because I do ... but for eg I have asked a lot about natural birthing of placenta -- he's clearly not into it. Also I have expressed concerns about episiotomy (?sp) and he sort of just threw it off saying that you could tear anyway and this can be better etc etc. Perhaps I am also paranoid and mis reading him, because you know I think he's great ...
    When do you give this to the midwives? Before admission?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It's really important that you have a carer who respects your birth plan... if you have a carer who doesn't respect your choices and preferences now, then what about labour? Will it be any different? It's important to make your preferences clear and agreed upon now. These are your choices for your birth, don't comprimise how you feel just to keep the peace... you'll remember this forever - your carer wont.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Absolutely Kelly.

Nox: The first time I mentioned that I wanted to birth the placenta naturally Dennis sort of blew it off saying something about how syntocinon is routine etc etc , but once I put it in writing he knew it was what I wanted, during labour he was brilliant, he made sure Darren (my partner) saw that the cord has stopped pulsating before he clamped it (he tried to show me, but I was in a zombie state and wouldn't have known if he was showing me a pumpkin at that point) my placenta was delivered very quickly afterwards anyway (within 5 minutes and he wanted to show me that too) but he was well aware of everything I wanted. I posted my preferences to the hospital and it was put on my file. I also took a copy with me just so there was no excuses, I was really put off by the ante natal classes so was going a bit over the top - but in the end I had exactly the birth I wanted (if a little longer than I planned) and I am very glad I made my preferences known to everyone!

Thanks Kelly and Kirsten,

I am writing out the prefs this week in preparation for my next appointment. I think that once I write it down I will also feel better. It is also quite possible that he is not certain which way I want him to play it yet either. After all we have such short time with the Obs when you think about it.

Kirsten, how long and how detailed was your plan? I went to a fab natural birth class and she showed us some egs. One of them was only 1 page long which seems great as there is less for everyone to read, but of course doesn't go into details like if this happens then try this first, second etc ... Did you go into a bunch of scenarios?

BTW everyone -- visited the mighty Relle and GORGEOUS son!!! They both look amazing, healthy and so happy!

Hey ladies ... I was trying to find the conversation by scrolling backwards through our thread ...

Where and who did your calm birthing classes?
    Can't find it on the thread ...

Nox i agree with Kirsten, Dennis always respects your wishes he may initially just blow it off he may think you will change your mind, but put it in writing and you'll be right.

i have never had an episiotomy or tearing but i have heard the same thing from others who have had them and have teared excessively that it can be better to have an episiotomy, i am not talking about small tears but tears that require like 20 to 30 stitches.

But there thing you can do to prevent an episiotomy or tearing like massageing the area (you know where).

Dennis pnly gives episiotomy if only needed, i was told by the midwive that iwas concerned when Sebie was transverse at 37 weeks as i really did not want a cesar, Dennis kept saying don't worry he will turn, the midwive said if in the end Dennis says if you need a cesar or an episiotomy then you really need it, he does not like to do them routinely (this is from her own mouth), he has even turned a second twin whie in utero so the woman could have the twins delivered naturally.

So i think that he may of been a bit like that cause he does not give them routinely.

So don't worry just write it down, and do that excersise down there or get hubby to do it for you

Anyway i have to go and hope you ladies are doing well, i saw Angus on Wednesday and he is soooooo gorgeous and Relle looks amazing!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hi girls! Thankyou all for your well wishes, and the visits, they were lovely!!!

Feeling quite sad to leave this morning, but felt good knowing I will be back there in about 6 weeks with Nox. (who looks awesome to by the way for 34 weeks preggo!!!)

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Calmbirthing - see Di Gardner - http://www.dianegardner.com.au/
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast