Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just can't cope anymore :(

You poor love Danni - I found hot water bottles helped quite a bit, but I wasn't in as much pain as you are. I really hope the physio sorts everything out, or that it's just Junior lying in the wrong place and he moves very soon for you.

Take care of yourself and take things very easy - and maybe invest in a po.

Hey Danni,

I had bad sciata pain for like 4 weeks (it magically went away after i went to the physio), but the advice above is pretty good - especially about sleeping with a pillow between your knees.

If you are looking into private physio, i can recommend a great lady in Caulfield. She specially does pregnant women, whereas a lot of other physios aren't so up on everything that can be done as they mainly do sport injuries. Anyway, i only had o go once, and it was $60 i think.

PM me if you want me to find the number for you.

Good luck, and i hope you feel better soon

Danni, you poor thing. Check in when you can and let us know how you're going. ((HUGS))

Hi Danni,

I am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain. My cousin had SPD (not sure if you have this or not) and saw a very good chiro in Werribee, but I'm not sure how pricey it was. I can ask her if you like.

Usually the physio at the hospital is not nearly as expensive as a normal/private physio - at least thats the case at my hospital - I hope it is for you too and you get some relief.

Thank you all so much for your replies!

I definitely sleep with a pillow between my legs all the time, and last night I swapped it for the body pillow...so Ill see how I go today.

The physio at the hospital will be free of charge which is my biggest concern as I am no longer working, and am not financial at all

My doc suggested seeing as osteopath, but it was only a suggestion, not a cure, and at $60 a pop, I cant see myself doing that

I was supposed to start aqua natal classes again last night, but I was in too much pain to get in the car, and was scared the water wouldnt make it better. But i promise to go next week, and try and get down to the local pool atleast once a week too.

Will keep you posted when I hear from the physio. Thanks so much for caring guys xx

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Are you on medication danni? My back pain (from car accident injury) got so bad I accepted panadeine forte which is okay to take as directed.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

No, the Ob said pain relief probably wont work-- which is what I have read about SPD too..

Ok im going to call the physio now, as they havent called me back yet. so much for "urgent"

Danni,

I have just found your post. I had it with Amy but not as bad as you. I contacted the Pelvic Instability Support Group in Victoria and they were great. They sent lots of information and they have regular meetings (not that you are probably interested). As painful as it is, it went away instantly when Amy was born so hang in there.

ok i went to the physio today and she looked at me with very sorry eyes

if it gets any worse, they will hospitalise me so I dont move anymore. Basically my symphasis has come right away off the bone

Dan I have a couple of friends who have had SPD and the one thing I do know is that they were both advised to back off on the swimming and extra exercise (apparently you can do more damage to yourself if you push it). So while I haven't had SPD and I imagine it must suck severely you have gotta stay put and rest up. Here's hoping you get some relief......

The best thing I have found is to keep your legs together (someone should have told me this 9 months ago!! lol)
    But seriously... you don't realise how much you open your legs to do silly little things like get out of bed... retrain yourself to keep your knees together when getting out of bed and out of the car for example. It has actually helped me immensely

yep thats what i was advised too. But how am I supposed to walk with my legs together? I wish I still lived in my small house

another thing - can you get some cheap satin sheets - apparently they make turning over in bed a lot easier....

Oh Danni that sounds awful!! So was there anything she could actually do for you?? I so hope it doesn't get any worse for you!!
    Rest!! Just sit in front of BB all day and don't do anything!! hehehe.

nothing at all Kris, I was in and out in 5 mins

Oh hugs Danni. I hope you get somer relief honey.
    xx

*hugs* Danni,

I hope you find some relief. I hate stuff where you're just at the mercy of the gods like that.

Danni sorry to hear your in so much pain and that the physio couldnt be of much help. I hope you find some relief soon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast