Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Larger pregnant women...

Mel, I 100% agree with you =D>

Metformin worked for me as well Although I wasn't trying to concieve until 6 months after I was put on it so I'll never know for sure

Lee33 Guest

rikki, hope the wedding preparations are coming along nicely

So you will be about 7 months pregnant for your wedding?

I am 26 weeks now, and for the most part am still wearing the same size clothes as before I was pregnant, however i am avoiding anything that is tight around my waist as thats very uncomfortable.
    As Ive only put on .75kg in total so far, the only difference I have noticed is my abdomen feels firmer. My GP explains that I am losing body fat, but gaining baby weight, therefore not a great deal of difference in my weight. If I wasnt pregnant, my GP predicts I would have lost about 5 kgs.
    This is due to the fact that I am eating better, and drinking lots of water.
    This is only a guide, because of course everybody is different in the way that they carry their pregnancy.

Has anyone else had problems with ultrasound images? Because of my body fat, I had to return for repeat ultrasounds to get images of baby's brain and heart for the morphology scan. The fat makes it harder for clearer pictures of baby to be seen.

OMG Mel - I soooo agree with you too I hate it how some people are so quick to judge, I cant lose weight do due medical condition too and one of my friends in particular just doesnt understand, she told me if I eat right and excerise it would work it made me so frustrated last week. AUGHH. I take Metformin too!

Kylie - -hello mate! thanks for all your information, I guess I will be tested constantly too with GT tests! LOL.. oh well better to be safe than sorry!

Rikki - hello! your in the Sept BB thread too! dont worry hon, I know exactly how you feel. Im finding it so hard now just nearly 7 weeks trying to eat the best food I can possibly eat for bub, its really hard when having cravings for hot chips and carbs .. re clothes, i buy my clothes from My Size or 1626 or Target, even Big W has larger sizes but the nicest ones are from 1626 or My Size that I can get away with wearing at work.

Thakns so much for all your posts girls, this post has made me feel heaps better and more positive, so I am very grateful to you all!

Best wishes.
    Bel
    xxx

Lee33 Guest

Mel, I would love to email you, but not sure how to get in touch?

Debbie Lee Guest

Lee - I had to go back for a second ultrasound to get a better view of Gabby's heart but they never told me it was because of all the fat. Maybe it was but they were being PC?? He just said that she was squirming around too much and he couldn't get a good view.... hmm... ponder, ponder!

I did have trouble with those damn CTG monitors (I practically lived on them for the last few weeks of my pregnancy). I had to always push the monitor into my stomach really firmly so it would pick up a heartbeat. During labour, they had to put a scalp-clip on Gabby's head because the CTG was so useless. They said it's pretty common tho.... once again, they never mentioned my weight as the issue...

Hi girls,
    I just wanted to pop in and say hi, and to the girls that have been taking Met the risk of GD ( which is higher in PCOS) is reduced by 30% if you have been taking it prior or during the first 12 weeks. So there is hope.
    As for the ultrasound, hmm I always wondered why they did internal ones- but 20 of the buggas was abit too much 8-[
    Take care of those bubbies
    Bec
    Hehe Deb I had trouble with the CTG machines, cause I would get the giggles and the thing would move.

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Bec... why doesn't that surprise me??

20 ultrasounds?? Woah! That's thorough!

I only had internal US for the first ones a 7 weeks, the rest were "normal" ones and two of the three pg's were "risky" with lotsa US's.

Bec,

Metformin also reduces the risk of miscarriage if taken for the first 12 weeks. So good news all round My endocrinologist is having me stay on metformin for the whole pregnancy and he says it's completely safe. I hope so!

Kylie

Hi Lee,
    im not sure if im alowed to post my email address in here MODS PLEASE ADVISE??

On another note i had my docs appointment yesterday im now down to 2 weekly visits Ooooh scary its getting closer lol Doc said bubs is perfect size and very active and he said im absolutely cruising through this pregnancy. I got the results from my GTT and my levels barely budged between the 2 blood tests and 2 hours of sitting still which of course drove me nuts.
    I used to work for 1626 the clothes are a bit expensive but really nice and a generous fit. Some stores also carry size 14 now as well and theres heaps of funky styles available. I have found also that if you for a handkercheif cut it has extra room around the belly because its flowy but still fits perfectly around the breast and shoulders and it just takes away that `tent` effect that buying bigger sizes gives you. the prob is with me for example and a lot of women find the same thing is im about a 24-26 around bubby now but was a 20 before pg and only about a 16-18 around the shoulder chest area i may wear a large cup size but my around size is smaller IYKWIMbefore bubs i wore a 16E bra now im an 18F and BBs are getting bigger DF recons if they get much bigger im gunna overbalance and topple over lol oh well he loves it lol
    Anyways ladies have a great day
    Mel

Hi there,

I have just read this thread and thought i would join in.

I am at the moment 98Kilos - I was 103kg when i got pregnant but seem to have lost some weight along the way.... maybe its the eating healthier coz i feel bad for the baby!!!

I have great trouble finding maternity clothes - Although i live in a small country town - so there is actualy no maternity shop clothes - but i am loving the target 16-26!!!

I have been finiding now that i am getting on a bit in my pregnancy that my stomach is starting to get heavy - and my boobs - well there just bloody huge!!!! - i think i am getting a tad top heavy!!!!! - but my husband loves it. Finding bras is so hard.

I haven't as of yet had any problems with the U/S - well not that the sonagrapher has told me!!

I seem to have gotten strech marks on my boobs a bit too - I thought being a larger girl my body would be used to being strtched - but obviosly not.

Having my GD test on saturday morning.

Hope everyone is going well.

Mel - gees down to fortnightly visits....... that is scary!!!

abs Guest

Metformin is used by some Type 2 diabetics to control their sugar levels, so tis probably why some tests are coming back normal

And heaps have posted their email address Mel - or do it, then once Lee has emailed you, come back and remove it

Or even better, unhide your email address, so it shows as an email button - will be in your account settings

Hi guys I am too overweight I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and weight 100.7kgs I started at 94kgs so I have put on a bit but everyone keeps telling me a look like a have lost heaps of weight and I just look all baby I just laught at them and think you lot have no idea what you are on about I know I have not lost weight from anywhere and my belly as expected has expanded.
    Maternity clothes - I have found pumpkin patch to be the best I am comfortably wearing a Large in their range and I have a paid of XL jeans which fall off so I dare say will easily fit me right to the very end and still me loose enough not to be unfomfortable. Pre pregnancy I was wearing size 18-20
    Bras - I have always had big BB's even when I was only a size 10 if only I could get back to those days at the momonet I am wearing size 18 DD maternity bra but I don't think they will fit much longer and there is literally no where around here that has maternity bras in a bigger cups size grrrrr I live in Tassie so that makes it harder as there are less shops around here but I think I am able to order them in from the local baby shop will have to ask.
    I am down as slightly high risk of developing preeclampsia as my bp is higher than it should be I know at my last check it was up not that the midwife let on she is really good she knows how stressed I got when they told me my BP was to high at 12 weeks so she was checking all the other signs etc and so far elevated BP is the only sign however recently my vision has gone a little blurry. My next appt with the midwife is on Monday after antenatal classes I will discuss this further with her then

Thanks abs.

Lee my email is [email protected] feel free to email me at any time im always up for a chat.
    Have a great day
    Mel

Hey guys for those who were wanting to share their email just go into your profile and pop your address in the spot provided and then there will be a link to send you and email at the bottom of your posts.

Debbie Lee Guest

OR... you could get a platinum membership so you can PM and help BB out at the same time??? Sorry... had to be sneaky and chuck that one in!

Becky - I had a PP top and it was sooooo comfy! I really wish I had looked at more PP stuff. I just always assume things that are sized S, M, L etc. are never going to fit (because XL is usually a 16 - grrrr!). Hope that the pre eclampsia stays away for you. My BP was high and I got headaches toward the end of the pregnancy and it was enough to send warning bells off for the doctors.

Jacci - that's great that you have lost some weight! It will hold you in good stead. The stretch marks suck, don't they? I got SOOOO many with Gabby. My stomach looks hideous!

Mel - glad to hear things are going well with you. I love 1626 clothes. I have a pair of jeans from there that fit just beautifully!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacci PG
    I have great trouble finding maternity clothes - Although i live in a small country town - so there is actualy no maternity shop clothes - but i am loving the target 16-26!!!
    Hi Jacci,

A few posts ago I posted the names of some companies that make larger sized maternity wear. If you google the names you should find their websites. I am pretty sure both of them you can order online Not quite the same as being able to try stuff on I know. For me, just getting clothes a size larger is going to look ridiculous. Before I was PG most of my fat was around my belly, so I have thinnish legs which is just going to look bizarre with a big preggy belly

Kylie

Quote Originally Posted by abs
    Metformin is used by some Type 2 diabetics to control their sugar levels, so tis probably why some tests are coming back normal
    I know, I stopped taking met the day before the test as per my doctors instructions.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast