Thread: Low pelvic pain...???

Default Low pelvic pain...???

I'm not really sure what it is, or how frequently it comes along, and i think it's largely dependent on where bubby is sitting. But my gosh, am i in pain.

At the moment, i'm hurting to stand, to walk, to lay on my back, to lay on my stomach i have to have a leg ****ed up to the side. I've tried getting DF to massage the area around my sacrum because i thought that's where the pain was stemming from, and whilst the pressure provides relief it's only short term and tends to return when he finishes. It feels a lot like period pain except rather than feeling it low in my abdomen, it's to the left and right very much on my hips and then very much in my back all the way across.

The only idle position i seem to be able to assume is with my right leg folded under my left (and sort of my bum) while im sitting on the computer chair. Unfortunately this comfort is even unbearable after five minutes because i end up with a dead leg!! Help! =S

Is there anything else i can do to ease the pain, if i try and make bubby sit higher will it relieve any pain? (he seems to move if i dig in hard enough...) I thought it might be related to constipation or something, but i haven't really had that as an issue of late either...

I get the same feeling Ashlea and i wouldnt have a clue what its caused by or what to do about it

*bump* ???

hey Ashlea

it could be sciatic pain...but this tends to be a sharper pain that shoots down the legs from the buttock...so the reason I think it may be is the position you descirbe that provides some relief

the pelvis is also in a phase of 'relaxing' which will further enhance the sensation

its hard to know for sure what it is...sorry hun

but I would recommend having a chat with a physio, chiro or (of course) a good pregnancy yoga teacher to see what they would recommend

I have a yoga pose on my pregnancy yoga page (for you to try) that would provide relief

hope this helps

xx yogababy

Ok, thanks Natalie
    I was thinking about getting my exercise/yoga ball out (there hasn't been enough room for it) to see if maybe it does ease/help with the pain, as i was sitting on one at a friends place today and it was so comfortable! - so maybe yoga is definitely a good option.