Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG I think I'm finally pregnant...

Don't panic, Spuddles! Do another Discover One Step early pregnancy test today, they're more sensitive. It could be that your FMU was a little watered down. Did you look at the blue lines on the digital test? If there's a definite second line there, you just mightn't have had quite enough hCG to kick it over to say "pregnant". But by tomorrow you should have enough for that magic word to show up on those expensive hpts - it's soooo good to see it, isn't it. No, I don't think it's possible to get a false positive on the digital tests - just false negatives!
    Congratulations on your BFPs. Book an appointment with your GP and I wish you a very happy and healthy pregnancy.

Yeah spuddles it's me, Renstar! I remember your husband having the name Ren too!

Sorry to hear the test showed 'not pregnant' today however like Kerry said, do another test thats really sensitive and see how you go, its probably very early days still for the hcg levels.... and make an appt with your doctor ASAP to get blood test done. Hope everything works out for you hun....

Stop doing tests! LOL. Go to the doctor and get them to confirm for you.

Congrats!!! I would definitly trust the digital tests I have used them twice and both times I was pregnant(This time and last year when I had my m/c), plus your other tests came up witin 2 mins so you are definitly pregnant!
    Congratulations!!!

Put away the evil pee sticks, even though it was fmu is it possible that you had a lot to drink last night or went to the loo more than usual? that might dilute it.

Can you get to your Dr? i think that would be the best thing for you right now. Try not to stress (yeah right) - i hope your bt levels come back super high and in 9 months u can scold your little bubba for giving mummy such a scare.

Spuddles Guest

I did drink a lot of fluid last night and was peeing every hour or so before I went to bed. I hadn't drunk much at all when I did the afternoon test yesterday that came up "Pregnant" on the digital one. I hadn't thought of dilution - I guess it is possible and those digital tests are apparently not so sensitive (50?). I keep looking at those lines on the POAS ones (I brought them to show the doctor this morning - I have an appointment in 40 minutes). I'm feelin queasy (but that could be nerves or my toothache), my boobs are swollen and sore and i still have some cramping, but AF is 4 days late now. Only time will tell hey - it's just doing my head in!

Good luck at the docs, and let us know how you go. Lots of luck and fingers crossed!!

Good luck at the Dr's, let us know how you go
    (i hope I get a BFP this cycle cos we will be due around the same time!!)

Spuddles Guest

Ok, well the doctor was quite positive about everything (although his english wasn't great so I didn't tell him about the negative this morning because I'm a moron). I took another test at 11am at work and while I couldn't use a cup and I don't think that I used enough pee the midstream way and I'd just finished a glass of cordial, it was a faint (quite faint actually - fainter then the others) line. I'm just scared that my hcg levels are dropping... the BT will help to tell I guess... I'll know 4:30 or 5pm this afternoon. If not, then tomorrow morning. Sigh... this is worse than the 2ww!!

Spuddles Guest

ok scrub that last post - i just did another test (i know i know i know, i have to step away from the test packet with my hands in the air, I know) and it was clearly positive - not overly faint (I mean not "look at me, look at me" but not "hello are you there?" either).
    ARGH!!!! This is killing me. Hurry up 4:30-5pm!!

Spuddles, calm down and take a BIG breathe! tee hee.... you'll hear your results very soon and they will be good!
    & yes it is worse than the two week wait! I agree!!!! I remember in Nov it was awful!!! lol
    BIG HUGS....

Spuudles congrats are in order I would say, good luck for the BT coming back this arvo.

I think we'll be due around the same time.

hugs xoxo

Spuddles Guest

Still no word from doctors. 5 positive tests (they were faint today, but then they weren't with FMU either) and one negative test. I'll just have to possess my soul in patience and hope it doesn't kill me!

PMSL Spuddles... you have to give up your HPT addiction!! I know it's horrible waiting!! I was the same and when I did get my BFP I was neurotic at checking toilet paper each time I went to the toilet!!

I seriously think you're baking hun!!! I hope you get your results asap!

oooooo I can't wait to hear your results!!! GL hun!

good luck spuddles the waiting is very hard hang in there

Spuddles Guest

ok ok, don't kill me but coz i didn't get the blood results, I might have accidentally bought a digital test... it wasn't my fault! i went in for chops and came with with clearblue - it was quite literally calling out to me "Spuddles... Oi! Spuddles... Over here!!! Come ooooooon.... you know you want me..." How was I supposed to resist such an intellectual argument? So it jumped into my basket. Anyway... this one was 'pregnant.' I'm going to try really really hard NOT to take the second one in the pack tomorrow morning because I'll get my blood results then. I have to say, despite my better judgement, I'm beginning to get excited!! OK, I'm going now so you guys can't throw stuff at me...

Ah...! See? All that worrying for nothing hun.... CONGRATS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast