Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Plus Sized Pregnancy

Welcome Angela!

Hi Angela, welcome! I too have had insensitive comments, sorry to hear you've had to have that experience.

AFM
    Sorted the mum issues for now! Phew. Ob appt went well yesterday too, phew. Will bbl, but feeling the heat in Melbourne today and since I'm trying to resist turning the aircon on since I know it's going to get a lot hotter before Cupcake arrives in january! I'm going to take myself off and go and lie down in front of the fan for a while. I think the reason i'm struggling when it's only 28 is the way the temperature goes up and down so quickly! We're having a 10 degree drop tomorrow, so I reckon I'll be cold again! lol. That and three years of living in England has turned me into a wimp when it gets over 25!

Welcome Angela... sorry to hear of your horrid comment last pregnancy and congrats on the loss so far this pregnancy... let me know your stat's for the first post and I'll update :-)

Yarrawin - I know how you feel with the heat... I shiver, pull on a blanket have a nap then wake up soooo hot it's sickly... not looking forward to the middle of summer at all... I believe I'm going to live on ice drinks and ice blocks....

I have a little ice shaving machine here and intend to use it all summer! Summer was hard enough when I was preg with P (the pregnancies are 23 months apart, so almost pregnant in the exact same months) but now I live in a unit on a major highway with no heating or cooling, and I am NOT loooking forward to summer at all.

I am due 22 April 2011, thanks Danielle. I suspect it's another girl but we shall see at the anatomy scan...

Must admit I am sooo glad this time I will be pregnant throug summer and not just the beginning!
    Charlotte was born end of Nov and this one is due beginning of Feb... Would never choose to do newborn in Perth summer... it was horrbile. Christmas day and Boing day were oth over 44c and she spent the whole time passed out or attached to the boob every half hour - with no air con - it was hell. Compared to being pregnant it was way worse!
    I will be big but I will be mobile and not attached lol AND we will have air con in a few weeks ready for summer!

AAS heya chicky!! *mwah* And you should be looking forward to it, you can come flop out with me and we can be hot whales together

Hi Angela! You are due a few days after me... I'm due the 19th with my second too. You should join the belly buddies too nice bunch over there.
    I had a spring baby last time and it was great...def not looking forward to being pg in the summer. I swell at the best of times so it is going to be nasty in summer. Super giant kankles for me!! I understand what you mean Limey about newborns in summer... rather it me than them! Dd was 3 months in summer and I was so worried about her!!

Hi AAS!!!! <3

So

Im feeling really fat

That is all

Ditto!

I havent gained any weight but my body shape is obviously changing as all my clothes aren't fitting right.

All my maternity shirts are stretched from my pregnancy with P so they don't actually fit at the moment (too big and floppy) and everything else is professional work clothes that I just dont feel comfortable in at the moment.

And undies...ARGH! I just want some comfy nanna ones LOL

Hi girls,

It has been a while since I have posted in here! Welcome to the newbies! And congrats on all of your pg's.

Well, I'm not going so well, my back and right hip (in particular) are really starting to play up and hurt me big time. Some days (like today) I can barely get up to walk. I am pushing 100kg too. I weighed myself at the docs and I was so depressed! I was hoping to avoid being 100kg or more. But I am 98.5, with 11ish weeks to go. I seriously doubt I will stay under. I can't exercise with my back, so that won't help at all either. On the upside baby is getting so big I can't eat alot, and I don't have GD! Another doc I took my kids to see is worried I might have thyroid issues though. In some sort of sick way I'm hoping I do because then me getting this fat wouldn't entirely be my fault, kwim? Crazy I know, but I can't believe I have gotten sooo big. DH showed me photos of me which I sent him when he was in the navy, so about 7ish yrs ago (pre kidlets, well we only had our first angel bub) and my goodness I was so slim! And the sad thing is I used to think I wasn't back then. I have never enjoyed my body or me very much for some reason. I find that so sad. And now it's been ravaged by being pg and being so overweight, I will never look very nice with all my saggy baggy skin and stretchmarks from (literally) under my ribs to my pubic bone, to around my sides.

AAS, I am having issues with mat clothes too. I am nearly 30wks pg though. I just can't find any pants to fit. I brought some size 16 pants the other day and they barely came over my hips, so I then got some 18's at a different store and they wouldn't even come above my thighs. I have no shorts or skirts to wear for summer and I'm going to die of heat exhaustion if I don't find any since we are living in the sticks where it gets really hot. Plus I can't just go out and buy anything because we are living in the stick where there's no clothes shops for miles! Plus I don't want to be spending too much money on things now when I am nearly ready to pop and this is our last bub, and we don't have alot of spare $$ at all.

Ok enough whining from me. LOL, not in the best of moods if you can't tell! Sorry to dump it all here.....

OMG I so hear you on the undies!!! I have some really daggy kmart undies that I got at the beginning of the year and they were a bit big. Now they're all I can wear and they're getting a bit uncomfy too. I went to kmart today thinking I'd just buy a size up and I'd be right, especially as they're cotton and I need that because I've had a few thrush issues and I was devastated to find they've started making the same design in this yucky shiny synthetic material and have stopped making them in cotton! I find undies dig into my hips when I sleep. I woke up a few nights ago dreaming that I'd fallen over and taken all the skin off my hip... nope! Was just my undies digging into my skin.

I'm not feeling as bad as I was in terms of feeling fat in the beginning, but my back has gained rolls where before it was just flab. It's not nice and very uncomfy now I'm getting hot quite often. It comes around onto my sides too which makes it feel even worse!

How is everyone doing? I'm okay. Getting really uncomfortable now and finding I can't sleep. So then after a few sleepless nights I end up really emotional and I have a meltdown over something-or-other. Getting a bit fed up now, I just want January to be here so I can have her!!!!

Lilias - We posted at the same time! We're at about the same point in our pregnancies and I'm having the same issues. I'm just wearing dresses a lot - big maxi dresses - and I spend ALL my time at home walking around in either a singlet and undies or a sarong. Its all I'm comfy in! I think its crazy that they make maternity clothes so rigid. Pregnant body shapes change and they don't seem to allow for that at all, do they? I have two pairs of shorts that are good... I have a pair from pumpkin patch in XL that are quite a good size and relatively comfy (and I think I saw the same pair online!) and a pair of shorts from Plus Maternity that have a big scoop front and are a lovely cut, but they're not exactly casual and thus I haven't worn them anywhere. I modelled them and she gave them to me, that's the only reason I have them! Definitely recommend them though if you're stuck and don't mind the style.

Thanks for those links you sent me Yarrawin, I appreciate it!!

For those of you looking for clothes, PP is having a sale now, 30% off maternitny clothes. Some nice stuff there too. And the 30% makes it that much more affordable!! I find most of their XL-XXL clothes are pretty generous and fit my size 16-18 butt!

Quote Originally Posted by lilias View Post
    Thanks for those links you sent me Yarrawin, I appreciate it!!

For those of you looking for clothes, PP is having a sale now, 30% off maternitny clothes. Some nice stuff there too. And the 30% makes it that much more affordable!! I find most of their XL-XXL clothes are pretty generous and fit my size 16-18 butt!
    Really? I was there the day before yesterday and nothing I wanted was reduced. I'm eyeing off the button up shirts atm but not willing to pay $56 for them! Hmmm might have to go back I think... thanks!

I think everything is 30% off??.....Maybe I should check again!

Y ep I just had another look andit's 305 off. If you click on the quick buy option, then look in your shopping bag, it will have the price of it at 30% off and show you the saving on it.

Which website??

Pumpkin Patch

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast