Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Vent Thread #1

I am so over m/s! I didnt really get it in T1 but for some reason i have it now! Um hello body you are a bit slow on the whole thing! I was supposed to get it weeks ago!! Oh and i thought insomnia kicked in a while ago, well i was wrong! I average on about 4.5hrs sleep these days. I am so lucky DS goes to school 2 days a week and i have a great DF who takes him out if i cant sleep! I turned the tv off at 9:30pm and didnt sleep till 12:30am... Only 11 weeks 2 days to go..

Oh my,

Big hugs to you all !

My vent really is that i have an 8mth old and preganant with the second and my head seems to be in the toilet bowl day in and day out:mad: !

Dh thinks i am bunging it on of course, men i tell you they have no friggin idea and i wish that they would understand a little more sometimes.

Apart from that i feel my day never ends i have an 8mth old who is into every thing and i cant even go to the loo in peace or have a shower! Dh gets home and has his time and by the time that has finished i have fed DD, Bathed her and organising dinner he plonks himself in front of Tv and does nothing. His words are i had such a hard days work i am nacked..... AHHHHHHH I'll give you a hard days work mate!!!!

Anyway i went off last night must be hormones or am i being a ***** i don't know! Well he couldn't believe it and actually put his washing in the cupboard and helped me for once. I said thabkyou and i hope it stays like this cause when the next one comes you will be helping alot more as there will only be 15mths apart.

Finally i think he will help but see how long it will last?????????

Anyway thats my vent Men i think they are all the same some times!

Hugs to everyone and tell me if i am being a ***** or just hormonal as the 1st pregnancy i wasn't like this at all. Maybe its going to be boy this time?

Jen

Oh Jen, that's great that your dh helped out a bit, I had to have stern words with my dh too, it's hard for them to understand just how exhausting this whole thing is.

I think what also helped us was other women (our mums, my friends) and other father friends telling him also that is really is hard work to be pregnant! That helped him understand that though I was dramatic about it (pregnancy does that), I really wasn't making it up or exaggerating it.
    Just keep communicating, try and understand him and help him understand you
    And understand that sometimes men have rocks for brains and if you need to throw a few things at him to get through to him, well...

But HUUUUUGE hugs to you all girls, I remember how crapola I felt, eugh, I don't envy you! But I do feel for you - take care of yourselves, and find other people who will look after you too

Little note: Just having a smile to myself, my last pregnancy vent was pretty much 24hrs before I went into labour! I was pretty feral the whole day before, so if you get major crabbyness and downright b!tchiness when you're due...get your dh on alert :P
    Take care girls.
    Last edited by Nelle; December 1st, 2006 at 09:33 AM. Reason: if you think pregnancy-brain is bad...

LMAO, Nelle @ your reason for editing...

Yeah - my DH reckons the placenta demetia never left after DD was born! But it is certainly getting worse already and I'm only 4w4d! Left the stove on and went out twice yesterday - once even I went to work!

Wow its nice to see im not over reacting when it comes to DP. As for men having "rocks for brains" i agree . Men just dont understand what us women go through.

Being pregnant means i cant have late nights(8:30 bed for me) and even when i do eventually get to sleep, i get woken up 2-3 times a night to go to the loo or i have restless legs all night long and cant sleep. I thought restless legs was caused by smoking and caffine( i guess i was wrong as ive given up both). I cant have a social drink with my friends or DP.

Because i dont work i feel bad cause DP works 5days a week and is trying to get our granny flat finished with his father. But he says im a whinger and im lazy, because we live with the in-laws i dont do much house work but i get in and do as much as i posibly can(mother-in-law likes things to be done her way).
    I only whinge about the things that run through my head a million times a day(chrisie pressies,lack of money, our single bed:frown: , lack of money, baby things, my family(and lack of support from them), having no friends here, DP either rockclimbing or playing computer(no time for me:frown: )oh and lack of money).

Ahhhh!!!! That feels better

Hugs, girls - men really don't get it!

My DH only stopped shouting at me for not cleaning the house while he was out and not changing the bins when he heard me on the phone to my mum and she was telling me off for overdoing things - I think they really do need to hear it from someone else.

Shorty, re: the PiL, I lived with mine for a bit pre-marriage, in their home. Respect to you for coping with pregnancy and PiL at the same time, I couldn't have done it! And I get on with them as well as I do my own parents.

I lived with PIL pre-marriage and while pg. We moved out when Kimberley was 4 months old.

Wow we are having some DF/P/H issues here today! I totally agree with what you all are saying, Its not easy running around after a toddler and having you head in the loo with m/s then having to clean and cook and clean and grow another human being in your body. Hello. Lets see them do everything we do for a week! Ha like that will last...
    Hats off to you shorty with living with your PILs. I did it with my DD too and i tell you it was not fun. But on the plus side it was my XPILs and i dont have to put up with them anymore! Hehehehehe.
    My new PILs live in the phillipines so i am sooooo lucky. i only have to put up with my SIL... thats another story.
    Better go dinner is repeating, OH the joys....

Hey Shorty, I'd move out as soon as possible if I didn't like living with my IL's

Only stirring you girl, although now you have some idea as to why I moved out from home at 16.

On the housework front. I think you'll find that your MIL is happy with whatever you do, as long as it is something. Doing nothing is the worse thing that you could possibly do. And I do know that for every little thing that is done, it saves her from doing it. And for that she is very grateful, happy MIL means happy household there. And I don't like visiting when it's not happy there

But, if there is anything I can do to make it smoother for you there let me know. You know I will come and drag you out of the house. We can sit here on our butts and do nothing. No one can go off at us here !!!

Oh yeah BTW, there is no way in hell I'd live with my IL's, your a braver girl than me :hugs: for you

I think im luckier than others who would be in my situation cause my IL's are really supportive opposed to my parents who recentley seperated the beggining of this year. My mother is too wrapped up in her own life to acctually give a crap about whats going on with mine.
    Even though this is her FIRST grandchild i thought she would give me more support. My father is alot better although thats when hes not complaining to me about my mum.
    This is my IL's lucky 10th grandchlid and they are always there whenever i need them, usually when my parnets arent.:frown:

Just thought id let you all know i wasnt bad mouthing my PIL, cause i am really greatfull for all they have done for us.

Oh.. and i have a great SIL whos always there whenever i need her

YAY for the great SIL

Simone, I know you weren't bagging them hun. And if you want to feel free. I do it often enough

I am so fed up with everything and starting to think bubs will be better on the outside world than inside me. I have had such a horrible time of things and the last two things that have gone wrong are out of my control but i keep thinking if i have bubs at least i can control things a little more than i can now. Even if it means waiting another 2wks to have her i would just be glad to have half my life back and some routine back for the other two.

Shane is nesting. Everything has to be done to the tee, and he seems to think emptying the diswasher and loading it up is more important than letting me rest without jenna screaming. Its exactly like what he did last time around with his bloody sister. He left me to labour in the basth by myself so he could put out the rubbish. FFS - liek I care about that when I am having contractions every 3mins or so.
    He was gone for 40mins cause he was sorting stuff out with his sister. While I was in labour.
    Its exactly the same f'ing scenario now. He has to be mr bloody physical provider make sure all the errands are done, while ignoring the fact that I'm in pain, and feeling pretty scared and alone emotionally.
    ARGH!!!! I am so angry with him. He reckons he isn't gettin genough sleep to "support me" and its a crock. He even tried the whole - I need to be at 80% to support you through this labour, and at the moment I'm only at 30%.
    I am going to scream at him if I dont get some of this out!! I am sure this is really conducive to a peaceful labour.

Well, everything's progressing and I think I'm started to get overwhelmed by it all. Yesterday I bawled for about 2 hours non-stop. So not sure if that's "hormones" or a return of the depression I suffered before moving to Melbourne. I'm bawling at everything good in the world, like bikies giving gifts to kids and the like.

Anyhows, DH is very ... well, I've told him, and he hugged me silently which I don't know if that means he can't think of anything to say, he's expecting this to happen or what.

I have no energy and am daunted by cleaning my house. I guess it isn't helping that yesterday DH told me we won't be upstairs when the bub's born. Which means I won't have a decent kitchen, or a laundry with a tub. At the moment I have to manoever loads of washing from the bathroom where the horrid old washing machine is to the garage and dry it there. We don't even have a washing line and he won't put up a temporary one for me. The car port has a boat and several loads of wood for the renos in there so I can't use that. The temporary line I put up on the verandah is now obscured by the shadecloth DH has put up to stop the sun coming into the lower part of the house, and I can't see into the valley from the deck at all, let alone from indside the house. I just feel like once the bub is here I'll be stuck in a 2-room place that's horrid and crowded and I won't be able to close any doors and escape from anything. We won't even have room in the bedroom to put the bub unless it sleeps in the bed with us and goddess knows where or how I'm going to bathe it as our kitchen sink is really deep and too low for my back. And that's to do the dishes - let alone wash a bub. Add to that the only way out of this place is through the garage and every time I clear a path through there, he moves crap into it. Desks, chairs, dog food bins so I can barely walk out now, let alone when I start to really waddle. I need to do washing but I can't be bothered to do it or anything. It took me a week to get the sheets from the washing machine tot he dryer last week and then I had to rearrange the entire power points system as he's charging up some stupid batteries that we don't / won't be using until the house upstairs is finished. I unplugged the batteries and got in trouble, so I had a choice - dryer, light or garage door. I need the light, but I can't open the garage door if the dryer's going and it gets too cold here to leave the garage door open all the time. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I am soooooooo determined to never post in here! *repeats to self---I love being pregnant, i love being pregnant*

OH ladies, you have all of my sympathy, i hated my pregnancy with Anneliese, and after labour started at 21w and 25w i'd had enough, and just wanted her out... she came 5 weeks later. Then the guilt started... I'm sending lots of happy preggy vibes to all you ladies (cept you fi, you dont need em anymore!!) Things can only get better..

lol Danni, I'm sure you will have to give into the erg sometime...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast