Thread: Pregnancy Yoga DVD

Question Pregnancy Yoga DVD

Hey girls!!! (and gents)

Does anyone know of a decent yoga DVD for pregnancy I could get my hands on? I've been holding off for the first 12 weeks, cos I heard it's better not to, but now I'm almost ready to get going again!! Anyone??

Cheers!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Yep I have some FANTASTIC ones, which I am just about to put up in the online store, called Yoga for Pregnancy & Birth. Out of all the DVDs I have seen I like this one as it gives specific tips and advice for labour during the DVD, it's not just a yoga routine with nothing else to it. I really like it. I will post the URL when I have it uploaded.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

That sounds great Kelly.... I'd definately be interested in having a look when you have the link up Thanks
    Al

Awesome, thanks so much Kelly!

I know it isn't yoga but stay away from the pilates tv 'pregnancy' DVD. I found it to be unsafe. I had not ever heard of them and thought it looked ok on the box. There was a so-called expert, (who did not lead the exercises and who was pregnant herself) but she would only offer the advice to adapt the exercise half way through the move - after you have already twisted in a way you shouldn't etc. So I found it unsafe.

Good luck and I hope you find one you like

I have the one Kelly mentioned, and it was really good. I started going to yoga classes during this pregnancy, but the past couple of weeks I've started doing it at home again with the dvd.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Tambly Guest

Hi there.
    Long time away from BB but remember looking everywhere for a decent pre-natal yoga workout ... found Shiva Rea's "Prenatal Yoga" DVD to be really good for all stages of pregnancy with modifications for each trimester demonstrated by ladies at each stage (though the relaxation section could go for longer...). Apparently there's a follow up Post-Natal workout too but haven't used that (yet). Can sometimes find these on Ebay if that's any help. Agree that the Pilates TV Pregnancy DVD is terrible... a lot of the positions/exercises are exactly what you shouldn't be doing.
    Hope this helps.
    Tam