Thread: Qu/ to do with thrush...

Default Qu/ to do with thrush...

So, i finally decided that i was sick of waiting for a female doctor to EVER be available and headed down to the doctor's today, turns out i have thrush, which id gathered after recently having come off anti-biotics as well it seemed like the obvious diagnosis.

Aaanyhow, the doc and the pharmacist both recommended loose non-cotton underwear, to reduce irritation and whatnot? But i have NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE ON ABOUT.
    I must be oblivious to the underwear world because all the underwear i own is made from cotton and it's not all that tight fitting so what do i dooooooooo?
    // Does anyone have any suggestions what to get and from where, because i am a mighty confused...

Not sure about the underwear thing.......all my day to day undies are basic white cotton from Target.......

In relation to getting rid of the thrush, I would recommend Fast Tract and In liven and some healthy smears of Canesten........

Thanks Lucy - Ive got some Canesten now, and the pharmacist recommended in liven also, so im going to see what i can do about getting some.

They probably mean the lacy nylon type I've ditched all of mine in favour of Bonds boylegs.

Also keep in mind how tight your pants are. Tight jeans or whatever can bring it on. I used to suffer from thrush terribly when I was younger and studying as I'd be sitting down most of the day and I lived in jeans.

Cotton should be fine. Its the nylon ones that cause the problem.
    Probiotic yoghurt can also help you can eat it and use it internally.
    All Undies and pants should be loose.
    If possable spend as much time as you can without undies.
    Cut down on you sugar intake
    Wash well before you apply any creams.

its also good to eat yogurt normaly natural if you can maybe with a bit of hunny but I cant stand it so I just eat the normal stuff it helps the next time you go on anti-biotics to buy yourself a tub so that you are eatting it aswell as this can stop the thrush from comming in the olden days that used to dip a tampon into natural yogurt and insert but now that canesten is over the counter its not so bad. hope you are feeling better soon

guess I should really refresh before posting lol
    well atleast my advise was right LOL

lol tali

Thanks everyone!
    I'll try keep in skirts for a while maybe, it's only been since i started working that brought it on, which has been sitting down all day in pants, so maybe that's part of the problem. I also did a stock up on yoghurt too! Thanks for the advice about the underwear Alan

i experienced recurrent thrush in my last pg.... so bad... i had used pessries over and over again with no avail, all the same brand- canesten.. wasnt till i tried a different brand that it finally went away? i think it was called monstat? something along those lines... also as alan said really watch your sugar intake.. your diet makes a huge difference... also this may be tmi.. but if you are sexually active(and have unprotected sex) whilst you have a thrush infection, your partner can carry the bacteria and re-infect you. so he may also need treatment.... just as a precautionary measure... consult dr or pharmacist first.
    hope its cleared up... nothing worse!!!!!