Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What did/do you call your unborn?

Maria was Gigi after DH favorite soft toy rabbit as a kid.

We went between:

- parasite/paris and copypod in the early days,
    - chilli in the 2nd trimester (so named because we were sick of people asking us about names when we had said from the start that we weren't going to be naming until it was born, and we were walking past a chilli plant in the garden so we said that's what we were calling it just to p*ss every one off),
    - then once we found out it was a he, he became little bloke, squidgy, and kicky little bugger who won't let mummy sleep,
    - and finally, at the moment of escape, he was called 'holy sh*t it's a baby'. Lucky it wasn't like the old days where they had a priest on hand ready to baptise them. After three days of calling him 'hey you' we named him Euan. He still gets 'hey you' though.

Caitlyn was lentil - she was bean shaped. I still have difficulty eating lentils
    Oscar was alfie - short for alfalfa sprout because he was a little sprout
    This one is edna - extra-special DNA due to the conception being without assistance this time

Sarah was bubbles, until the 20 week scan, from then on we called her by her name
    Emma was Peanut, also until the 20 week scan
    our 3rd will probably be squirt, and I am not going to say why other than, think moment of conception

We call ours Spikkel. It's afrikaans for speck, because when we went for your first u/s I thought I was about 6 weeks, so we were expecting a little thing that looked like a jellybean ... well I was only like 4 weeks and all that was on the screen was this little speck!! Hence Spikkel was named Not going to change till the 15th of August when we find out the sex and then it will become an array of names till we find the right one. But I would probably continue to call him/her Spikkel till he/she is 21

Noah was Lima Bean. This one doesn't have a nickname, yet. I need to see it on ultrasound again and that won't be until 20 weeks and then I am sure it will be called Luella Mae from there. Maybe I should call it Canuck since I found out I was preg over here. Hmmmmmm off to the drawing board!!!

This little one is Bubble, cos when we got the positive pregnancy test Shel looked up what the baby would look like (at 4 weeks LOL) and it was just the sac which she said looked like a Bubble. So she's Bubble, and has been through the whole pregnancy.

Though when she was head up and poking her head into my ribs, she became knobby head LOL! That's all I'd call her.

Yesterday I told Shel she can't be Bubble anymore, she's too big, so for these last few weeks I think she'll get Whale Bubble which is what I was calling her yesterday!!!

MJ was 'the baby' and some times 'Buck' cos on one the u/sounds she looked like she had buck teeth (she had just yawned when the picture was taken)... glad she came out a girls as i think that my sister would have continued to call her Buck had she been a boy!

My friend called her unborn 'bananas' as she wanted a name that had nothing to do with a gender...

DS was Pikelet. The midwife put it on the card they attach to the crib at the hospital thinking it was his name. That got quite a few comments I might add! The current bundle of joy is Speedbump.

fionas you just made my morning, what a crack up!! LOL

Our lil unborn is referred to as The Unit

(df is a geek and he came up with it, kinda stuck and very original)

My friend has just had twins and they called them itchy and scratchy!!!! They are mad simpson fans! It was very cute though! x

Harrison was Bubbalouie.
    There was a song and dance involved too but I won't go into that! lol.
    Baba looey is Quick Draw McGraw's little friend... I just adapted the spelling to be more baby like

We are currently referring to ours as the bean, coffee bean or jelly bean. We read that it was currently the size of a coffee bean at about 6wks, now I've told DH that it must be bigger than that by now, maybe a jelly bean? So that has stuck.

Alternatively DH refers to it as the booby thief

Chippy Guest

We're using Squeak. I wanted to go with Pip but DP vetoed it.

Ok so I am going to go back a generation and tell you what me and my siblings were called

LS (short for little stranger)
    Fred (apparently they "knew" it was a boy)
    Spot
    Bubbles

With our last we knew early on he was a boy so he was called all the names I liked for at least a week, until one stuck that I really liked and Scout it was.
    With my third though he was B.O.B for baby on board. The older boys actually thought that was his name and it took weeks before they would call him is real name.

From when we found out my friend named the baby "Joneslet" which has stuck.
    Other names are Embryonic Jones and currently the Kid

With Jack it was Peanut because he looked like one the first time we saw him. this one is Pistachio DH wanted to stick with the nut theme. my mum keeps telling him its not a pistachio its a cashew so really it depends who you talk to as to what we are calling it, either way its my bubbalubba
    Mel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast