Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats Your Opinion?

*Kristee* Guest

Question Whats Your Opinion?

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering when everyone else thinks when to have next baby.
    Like how long should you wait before falling preg again?
    Your experiences or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
    Kristee-Lea
    xxx

Tarleha Maye 29/06/06

We just let nature decide. And here comes number two now,so they will be 21 months apart.
    Congratulations and hi to your baby girl.

I was very very broody almost immediately after delivering!! The problem was, dh and I were so exhausted we rarely had the time to bd! But when baby was 9 months old, I fell pregnant again and the timing felt right. There will be 16 months between them.

I prefer a slightly bigger gap to the above girls. I feel that way I can give my attention out abit more evenly, iykwim. So Joel and Brandon are 2years and 9 months apart. Then I have a 7 year gap - new relationship. Then Noah and Tehya who are 2years and 10 months apart

Of course I have nothing against mums who have their babies close, more power to you I say, but it's just not for me.

I wanted mine close together and am thrilled that there will be 20 months between them. I am a little older though so I didn't really have time on my side. Everyone tells me that the first 1 - 2 years is quite hard when they are close, but after that it is great because they get along really well and entertain each other. There are pros and cons either way, I say do whatever works for you.

Melanie.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

We are waiting until Jonah is in school. Like Trish said I want him to have all my time and attention whilst he's young. I want to have him settled into school before the next one comes, so we are looking at TTC in December of the year he finishes Kinder.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

I had my first 2 just under 2 years apart and although it was a little difficult towards the end of my pregnancy, I am already desperate to TTC for No 3 and have been since the day I left hospital with No 2!

I am finding it really hard to wait till he is 'old' enough to try. I went on the pill for about 2 weeks after not having taken it since I fell pregnant with No 1 and even DH agreed I was a monster! So now I am off it and I reckon we will let nature take its course!

cazoraz Guest

We have 22months between our kids and while it was tough at first I love that they are so close together in age and play together. Its lovely watching them grow up together and have fun, Lucy teaches Cole how to do lots of things too which is so cute!

We plan to have a third baby with a slightly bigger gap due to me finishing uni and starting my teaching career in January next year. So we think we will TTC around June 2008 so that I have been teaching for 2yrs before taking any time off, Lucy will be about 5 and Cole about 3 (hopefully, if everything goes to plan of course!) Ideally, I would probably have had a closer gap again if I wasnt about to start a new job, but I am desparate to start working full time again, if I stay home all day my brain goes to mush

mum5boys Guest

I have 5.5 years between my first and second child and then I have 18 months,
    17 months,18 months,21 months and now there will be 21 months gap between this baby and my 13 month old.

They are all the best of friends and it is lovely watching them play together.

I wouldn't have done it any other way but a lot of people think I am absolutely crazy.

Its hard work but it doesn't matter how many children you have and what the ages are they are all hard work at some time or another but they are all worth it.

You should have your children when it suits your family and its what you want to do.
    Everyone is different,but you will know yourself what is right for you.
    Michelle

Im pg with my first, but my Dh would like a big family (4-6 children) so i dont want them to be to far apart.
    We are not really sure whats a 'safe' gap but the sooner the better.
    I know between my sister and me theres 10 years 4 months and thats waaay to much of a wait!

With her 3 kids theres a gap of 3 yrs (1st-2nd) and nearly 2 years (2nd-3rd).

skorpy Guest

I think the same as you Trish.

My son from a previous relationship was 9 when my Daughter was born. She will be 2 years and 11 months when My boy is born.although we did try to concieve from Septemeber because we were hoping for a June/July baby. Cant always pick your dates

Hi Kristee-Lea Its a really interesting topic, I see this has been debated on some of the morning TV talk shows recently. I think on one of them they had this psychologist on and he seemed to think 3-4 years apart was ideal.

However, you of course get parents who had a much closer, or bigger gap and swear that is perfect!

I personally however, am not sure we even want a second, but if we do a bigger gap, like 4-5 years would be what we'd like.

Cathy

Just from a slightly different perspective, I have 7.5years between my two (different dads) and I am SO happy with that gap. I (just me) couldn't imagine having two at home at once. Having one at school is great, not to mention that she just totally adores the baby and is a wonderful help. I wouldnt change it and I won't be having any more. For me personally I just need at least one of them sleeping. With coco still showing no signs of sleeping through permanently, I knkow I couldn't cope with another youngie waking too.
    That's just my perspective and I totally ADMIRE anyone with young ones all at home together xoxo

I have 2 -21/2 years gap between each of my 3 girls and almost 7 years gap between Olivia and Sammy. I love the 2 year gap..couldnt do it any younger though for me they just seemed to little! The bigger gap for us is good in some ways but I feel bad for him that he wont have a little buddy growing up.

Jo

I say when nature takes it's course! But that being said I never timed it for the age thing, I timed it for when my Mind, Body and spirit were ready!

I have a mixture of all ages, and they all love one another beautifully. My first two are 18 months apart and that was hard work on me. My oldest will be 16 yerars older than this new baby, and he is 14 years older than my youngest child now and they get along so beautifull there isnt any fighting over toys, and it all works out fine.

I say go with what your body and mind and heart tell you! It's you that has to have the work of mothering, it doenst matter to the children cause some get along some dont, its not about age it's about there personailty!

Good luck on whatever you decide!

soul

Hi girls,
    I just thought i would share the gaps between my SIL's two children, as i think that it will knock you over,,,,,,
    She went for her 6 weeks check-up complaining that she felt really ill, thought maybe she had developed mastitis, or an infection etc........turns out, she was pregnant again!!
    there is like 11months between her children!!, she found ir really hard, especially when the father bailed out on her at 3 months pregnant with the second (he was truley a ratbag if I have ever seen one).
    Her kids are now 4 and 5, and she seems to be very happy, as they go through the same stages as each other.
    There is a 4 year age gap between my first two boys, then a 2 year age gap between the next one. there will be almost a 5 year age gap between this little one and my last DS, but my eldest is really excited about this bub (he was still a little young with the last one to really understandtoo much), and he is already wanting to volunteer to help with settling, pushing buba in the pram etc. He is just such a proud big brother already, and my 2nd eldest (6) keeps comming up and kissing my belly,,,,so sweet.

Fire Fly Guest

Theres 2 1/2 years between mine and im greatfull for that. I couldnt handle two kids in nappies. I had to wait until DD stopped BF to that played a big part of it, i wasnt going to rush her for the sake of falling again.
    Once she was off though we waited a couple of months i think.

I am the same as far as BFing playing a part on it. I wont wean one to fall with another. I think its best to let nature space them out naturally. When AF returns onher own accord thats when I am ready to try again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast