Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will I be treated any different?

Default Will I be treated any different?

Being this is number 4? All of my births have been pretty straight forward. But I wonder if I am likely to encounter anything different being my 4th bub?
    Like am I going to be treated as a higher risk or anything like that?

fionajill, this is no. 4 for me as well - i doubt we will be treated differently, might get the ' you've done this enougth times before' comment - but other than can't see why not.. it definitely doesn't categorise us into 'high risk' though.
    good luck with it all..

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I think it's 5 or more you get the higher risk label... you will be fine
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

This is my 4th baby too and i havent been treated differently...
    wishing you a H&H pregnancy!!

You wont be treated any differently, and Kel is right, its your 5th and more!!. Just more monitoring of bub and placenta, and there more concerned for you afterwards, losing blood and uterus not going back into shape But with number 4, you'll be fine. And big congrats, you'll love a "big" family, its great

FJ, you should be treated the same hun. It's not like you've had a previous c section or anything like that. And Yep, it's 5 or more babies that your considered "high risk" I was a grand multi, atleast I am grand at something

ahh Ok, see reason I asked was I read on a blog that 4 or more was classed as a grand multi LOL what a title hey!.

Mumof2Girls Guest

I'm having my fourth and am high risk. But only because during the other three pregnancies, I have had pre-eclampsia. If you don't have any history for high risk, you should be fine.

I think it really depends on your care givers and where you plan to birth as to whether you're 'high risk' or not with #4. At the hospital I went to (for all 4 bubs) they consider #4 to be high risk and their standard procedure is to put a canula in your hand during labour incase you have a retained placenta or PPH (apparently the likelihood of this happening can increase slightly when its your 4th, but its a load of crap, theres no difference at all and the risk is very similar for any birth - which is really low anyway from my understanding of it) and need to be taken to theatre to have it removed or the bleeding stopped etc. The whole idea that a specific number of pgs should be classed as higher risk is just ridiculous.

So it would certainly pay to be aware that somewhere along the line you may have to deal with varying opinions of what number pg is high risk just so you can nip it in the bud if it happens.

Thanks Sherie,

They usually stick me with one anyway. But yea. I guess I more wanted to know if I needed to be on alert for any crap that wasn't true.

Hi

I just read this thread and wanted to say how wonderful it is to still see people having larger families. Congratulations. We wanted 4 or 5 but hasn't worked out for us - fingers crossed number 3 will go smooth (5th preg).

Wishing you best of luck
    Sam

I am not ready to say 4 will be it. But DH says lets just get this one done & then see about more LOL. I am happy to have a billion LOL

FJ, we are very similar!! I'd keep going till I just couldn't anymore if I could!!

Im only 27, Will be 28 once this one arrives. So I could do 5 by 30 for sure LOL.
    Alot of women are only just starting one number 1 at 30.

Hell FJ you could do 7 by the time your as old as me

Yes, true that some people start late (like me) - but we need to keep our minds open because it is not always a matter of choice. Plenty of reasons - no life partner, medical issues or angels lost.

Oh my comment wasn't meant as anything nasty. Just saying is all.

I'm another who wants to have a large family. 5-6 kids. DH says 5 and then see how we feel after. I'm nearly 22 though so got plenty of time at least.

Congratz again FJ!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast