Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting After LT TTC ~ January - April 2008

Happy birthday Felix! Wow, where has the last year gone?

IF you're talking about #3 then things must really be better Nic. It's amazing how a few hours uninterrupted sleep can make such a difference, hey? Hope things keep getting better from here. I read somewhere recently that apparently the unsettledness peaks at around 6 weeks. Looking back i realise that was true for Aric. HUBs are great, hey? DH spent weeks on his feet with DS in ours...

He slept 8 hours straight last night. then put himself back to sleep this morning - miracle of miracles!

Yeah, he's been doing that for the past 4-5 days or so (the putting himself to sleep, not the 8 hours) which has been really nice. He's even managed it for a few day sleeps now!

Aric rolled from his back to his tummy the other day, when I wasn't looking of course. And he's starting to make more 'babbly' noises.

How're you travelling with bubba #2 Kim? Hope it's all going really well

Hope you guys had fun for Felix's birthday Monnie.

Marcellus, what a clever little boy Aric is rolling over and putting himself to sleep.

Just a quick one from me. Had our paed visit last week, all is well. He is amazed at DS strength, and is happy with his weight 5.3kgs, (birth weight 3.4 kgs) and length is 9 cms longer than birth. He said DS is 'transitioning'and should be getting better soon, which I really hope so as monday night I was up with him 4 times (feeding) between 11pm and 4am. Paed, said he isn't surprised that my supply is being outstripped, and to continue comp feeding but offer breast first.

Ok, going to quickly check out the rest of the forums while little man is napping!......ok, that should be WAS napping lol

Red face

Hi everyone!
    Hope I am still welcome here after being away for so long.... (hangs head sheepishly).
    I was finding myself spending too much time on BB and not enough in real life so I just banned myself for a bit. Hope I have more balance now.

Just had a read up on how everyone is going. Cant believe how old the babies are now. I know Celeste has aged but was surprised with how old the other bubs are now. Silly me! Everyone sounds like they are doing so well. It is fantastic to hear, and more on the way in this thread is wonderful news. Gives me hope for our family too! Thinking about that one at present.

Update on us: Celeste is 7.5months now. She has been sitting for around 2months, has 2teeth with 2more about to emerge (owwww), is rolling back and forth but not yet travelling, pulling to stand on my lap and has said "Mum" and "mumma". She signs "dog" in baby sign language and is in swimming lessons! We are still exclus. Bf but presently deciding whether to wean fully/partly/not at all??? Biting is a real problem with these top teeth and also contemplating going back for FET soon so undecided on the whole BF thing. I so enjoy it but it is also a real pain sometimes. Bleeding nipples=no fun. Celeste has just transferred from her amby hammock to a cot in the last week and that was much simpler than I expected. I had anticipated problems changing beds at this age and with teething at the same time but it was a breeze. She has always been a fantastic night sleeper but the last month she has reverted to waking several times (with teeth pain I think). I was feeding her in the night but have now stopped offering it and she hasnt complained any so I hope once the teeth have settled she will sleep through again.

I hadnt realised how much I missed you lot till I started reading through the thread and hearing all the exciting things going on with you all.

Hope I can come back soon but not obsessivly so that I have to ban myself again lol!

Sazz.

Quote Originally Posted by sazzafrazz View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Hope I am still welcome here after being away for so long.... (hangs head sheepishly).
    I was finding myself spending too much time on BB and not enough in real life so I just banned myself for a bit. Hope I have more balance now.

Just had a read up on how everyone is going. Cant believe how old the babies are now. I know Celeste has aged but was surprised with how old the other bubs are now. Silly me! Everyone sounds like they are doing so well. It is fantastic to hear, and more on the way in this thread is wonderful news. Gives me hope for our family too! Thinking about that one at present.

Update on us: Celeste is 7.5months now. She has been sitting for around 2months, has 2teeth with 2more about to emerge (owwww), is rolling back and forth but not yet travelling, pulling to stand on my lap and has said "Mum" and "mumma". She signs "dog" in baby sign language and is in swimming lessons! We are still exclus. Bf but presently deciding whether to wean fully/partly/not at all??? Biting is a real problem with these top teeth and also contemplating going back for FET soon so undecided on the whole BF thing. I so enjoy it but it is also a real pain sometimes. Bleeding nipples=no fun. Celeste has just transferred from her amby hammock to a cot in the last week and that was much simpler than I expected. I had anticipated problems changing beds at this age and with teething at the same time but it was a breeze. She has always been a fantastic night sleeper but the last month she has reverted to waking several times (with teeth pain I think). I was feeding her in the night but have now stopped offering it and she hasnt complained any so I hope once the teeth have settled she will sleep through again.

I hadnt realised how much I missed you lot till I started reading through the thread and hearing all the exciting things going on with you all.

Hope I can come back soon but not obsessivly so that I have to ban myself again lol!

Sazz.
    My word Sazz, Luisa seems back ward compared to Celeste! But I do know tht kids grow at different paces! I too have not been great with keeping up with BB. With Luisa and a new job which is very high stress it has been hard.

So to all the others, "hi" again.

I am finding it hard still to adjust to my new life. I love my little girl but it is so hard to adjust to having this responsability when you have been a childless couple for so long. Will deal with it!

We had Luisa's Christening last weekend. I am proud to say she was the best baby I have ever seen at a Christening..bias I know but true.

Good vibes to all through the transition to parenting!

Cheers

Jason

Hi
    Welcome back guys!
    It is so wonderful to hear about what's happening with all the babies. I was just thinking that Aric is becoming more like a little boy everyday - where'd my baby go?
    He hasn't done a lot of rolling recently, did give himself a big scare when we rolled to his front then back to his back again. Will have to watch him on the change table now... He's also wanting to roll around in bed so we've stopped wrapping him. Was up 4-5 times in the first couple of nights, but seems to have settled down again now.

Well of course she was the best at a christening Jason

Hope DS is feeling better soon Kim

Ouchie for the bleeding nipples Sazz - that's no good!

OMG Sazz, can't believe that Celeste is now 7.5 months! Ouchies at the bleeding nipples. That's good that you had no problems trasferring from the Amby to cot too.

Quick one from me and a BIG hello to everyone as well.
    We had our 2 month needles this week and DS slept the remainder of the day and then slept for 3 hours straight that night (Monday)and the next and last night as well. Gosh I hope he keeps it up.

Sazz, (and any other Amby users) how did Celeste go with sleeping in her Amby? Did she take to it straight away? We got one for DS when he was windy about a month and a half ago, and he doesn't like sleeping in it. We have left him in his bassinette of a night time, and, of a day time the paed told us to give him tummy time as he is favouring one side of his head and is creating a bit of a lopsided head, which he said will be fine as long as he spends the day time naps (which there aren't a lot of) on his tummy. I'm afraid he will outgrow his hammock before we get him into it fulltime!

Nic

Yay on the sleep Nic, certainly hope this is him settling down a little. From memory I think Aric also slept quite a long time after his first needles... Didn't work with the next lot though

Am still constantly amazed that we have a son...

Hi everyone

I was thinking that he will probably be different with his next lot of needles too, Marcellus.

Isn't it cool realising that we have this special little person in our lives finally. Even DD commented to me the other day that she is so glad that she has a baby brother, otherwise she wouldn't have known what it felt like to be a big sister.

We got another block of 3 hours of sleep last night WOOHOOO. Praying it continues!

Nic

Hi gang!

Nic, we put Celeste into her Amby the day she came home from hospital, we had no bassinette. She liked it right away. I wouldnt worry about him out growing it too soon. We probably could have kept her in hers for longer but we bought a cot with change thingy on top (cause my back cant hack doing changes on the floor) and the room is so small that we had to choose one or the other to be in there now... I opted for the change table. They can stay in it till they start climbing out. I think Lucy had one of her kids in there a lot longer. Did you get the snuggler for the hammock? You could put him on his side with the snuggler in the hammock so that he has to lie on the side he doesnt favour. S'pose he wont like that though! Hmm. Not sure what else to suggest. Yay for getting a few blocks of sleep. Makes you feel so much more human doesn't it! I found Celeste really settled much better around the 9 or 10week mark so hopefully you are nearly there

We seem to have passed the biting faze for the moment, hooray! And the scab has finally formed so things are healing too. (It was getting pulled off 4 times a day when stuck to the breastpad, ooooh) I am sooo glad I persisted. I was so close to weaning. I actually gave her 1 bottle of formula after one night of feeding with tears but thankfully she didnt really take to it. I felt so funny giving her a FF when I had plenty of milk myself. It just felt wrong! So we have a reprieve for a while longer.

Celeste has just developed a funny thing when she eats something. It is like a shiver running down her spine/ someone walks over her grave. It happens if she has vegemite on toast or something. Funny cause she really likes it and will continue to eat it but it gives her the creeps too. Funny little critter she is!

Like Aric, Celeste had a big sleep after the first needles too. She had less after pain with the second ones so that is good news and the third ones she had no after effects at all but at the time there were real sad boo-hoo tears and Mummy cuddlesShe kept giving the nurse nasty looks! Wonder what the 12mth ones will be like

Yesterday evening we had a wonderful time. Celeste was at the silly/tired stage and I was having cuddles with her. She kept throwing her arms around my neck and giving me the sloppiest kisses, tongue and all, and laughing herself silly about it. It was just soooo nice. We were kissing and giggling ourselves silly!!!! One of those times to remember. Shortly afterwards she crashed though and that wasnt as pretty = straight to bed! Nice while it lasted. It was one of those moments when you think "This is what I waited so long for and now I have it" Very lucky Mum, I am.

Before I go.... Happy Father's Day to Jason. Hope you get your share of sloppy baby kisses on sunday!

Before I go.... Happy Father's Day to Jason. Hope you get your share of sloppy baby kisses on sunday![/QUOTE]

Firstly Sazz, thank you for your good Father's Day wishes. I'm always looking for the sloppy kisses...from Luisa! I am still trying to take in this Father's Day concept because of the obvious, for a long time I didn't think I was ever going to be one but also I never did Mother's or Father's day with my parents other than a call. The main reason was nothing more than my father's birthday was just before Father's Day and my Mum's birthday was just before Mother's Day. I am hoping that Gia doesn't go as silly as I did with helping Luisa get a pressie!

So what is everyone doing to assist their kids for Father's Day?

Now on another matter Sazz, I know Celeste is older than Luisa but is my girl not keeping up, not Aussie! She has not had Vegimite yet. I am worried...not a good show for a 9th generation Aussie!

Anyway, I must away. I hope to check in more than I have been but please forgive me if I don't.

All the best for the continual adjustment to parenthood.

Cheers

Jason

Yay, it was great logging on here and reading all these great stories!

Sazz - thanks for catching us up with your news, and i loved the story about the kisses!
    Jason - Happy Father's Day for tomorrow. We aren't really into celebrating those days - more just a cuppa and a homemade card! (Funny - my mum's birthday is the second week of May - the same time as mother's day, and my Dad's birthday is 2 weeks after father's Day - so the same as you pretty much). DH forgot Mother's Day, and when i told him that maybe he should get me some flowers to mark the special occasion, he said hmmm, yes, maybe. And...I'm still waiting!
    Nic - What about sleeping DS on his side and alternating sides each time. That's what we did with DS and it actually worked for us. It helped him not to thrash about so much and not to have that falling reflex which always woke him. I love that your DD loves being a sister - she sounds like a fantastic big sister to have.
    Oh, and Liam never slept for either lot of needles! Just got diahorrea - yay for me!
    Marcellus - We stopped wrapping ages ago - pretty much after the first few weeks! Thank goodness for sleeping bags, or he'd freeze. Liam isn't fussed about rolling, but he does the funniest little sit-ups, and has done for about a month now - he is going to have abs of steel!

Hi all
    Did you get anything special for father's day Jason? My DH missed out as the thing I was trying to make him kinda fell through... he did get a special gluten-free muffin though.

Lol at the situps Lenny. Aric tries to do that - guess he's attempting to sit himself up, but barely a tummy crunch really We've gone back to wrapping cause he was sleeping so terribly for a while there... might just be a coincidence. Anyway, he's not interested in rolling now...

Celeste sounds so cute. Aric kinda gets silly tired too... giggling and 'singing'... and then he crashes. Guess it's normal. Glad to hear that the feeding is better.

Hope the sleep is still going well Nic - soon it'll be 4 hours, then 5, then....

Hi everyone else

Lenny, hope Liam's next round of needles don't give him the runs.

Sleep around here has changed again. DS now has a big sleep when he first goes down of a night, usually 3 hours, last night was 4 hours! but the trade off for a big block of sleep is that he has decided to start waking up every hour after his first block of sleep. We can get him down for a day nap now, well most days we can, and he has been sleeping for a couple of hours or more for them as well.

So, DH and I have been having a few little chats about having more children. We always wanted 2, but I'm finding that I am seriously considering #3. I think it is because we have 8 snowbubs in storage. If we didn't have them, I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't even be entertaining the idea. I think I'm still in the babymoon phase? DS is smiling so much more often now, especially when DD laughs for some reason? He is so close to giving a little giggle it's not funny.

Jason, hope your father's day was fantastic and you got loads of sloppy kisses.
    How did everyone celebrate father's day? My DD loves father's day, she made a card for DH, along with buying one from the shop that she picked out all by herself. She didn't want one of those funny cards, because it's father's day and it's serious, apparently. We got DH a set of kitchen knives that he picked out, and a chopping board as well. Got them both on sale, so picked up a huge bargain

Hope everyone is well

Nic

Hey nic - DS is the same with sleep. He has a long stretch first - these days 5-6 hours, or at least 4 - and then multiple wakeups after that. But it's soooo much better now cause he usually only wakes up once more and goes back to sleep quickly (not taking 2+ hours like it used to...). Hope this is a sign things are really getting better for you
    And yeah, why not 3?!

Quote Originally Posted by nic View Post
    Jason, hope your father's day was fantastic and you got loads of sloppy kisses.
    How did everyone celebrate father's day? My DD loves father's day, she made a card for DH, along with buying one from the shop that she picked out all by herself. She didn't want one of those funny cards, because it's father's day and it's serious, apparently. We got DH a set of kitchen knives that he picked out, and a chopping board as well. Got them both on sale, so picked up a huge bargain

Nic
    Hi Nic,

Father's Day did go well, except could have done with a few more sloppy kisses. I was spoilt this year, as a result of DW having been spoilt on Mothers' Day. It is a one off to celebrate our first year as parent's after LTTTC. Next year I will be happy with a home made card!

Cheers

Jason

Hi everybody!
    Hope you're all doing well.
    Today is DS' half-birthday!
    Sleep has gone to poops in the past week.... otherwise nothing to report.
    Keep well everyone

Red face

Hi everyone.....im back after a long awol, hope I can still pop in.
    The last couple of weeks have been manic, we have moved house, failed to sell our previous which is now rented and after much deliberation dh has gone to work at the mines during the week as I wasnt ready to go back to work yet...feel guilty but not ready to leave Emma...im being positive all will work out as planned

Anyway I digress, so glad to see some familiar names, you all sound so fantastically happy and the bubba's are coming along in leaps and bounds aren't we all so lucky

Emma is now 4months and 1 week, we had a slight mishap with feeding while we were moving but were back on track now. She had her jabs last week and has been a rat bag waking everyhour from 1, which has taken its toll on me...i have a mouthful of ulcers but the last 2 nights she has only woken once at 3...i hope it continues...i have also started giving her baby rice 3 times a day only a spoonful but she is so active rolling everywhere I think she needed it. I found her this avo on her side with all the sleep lines down her face she looked so cute.

I have also started to think about number 2 Nic though I have to admit only just....dh thinks im crazy, but I'll have to see how easy it will be. After the ttc we are just now getting back to our old relationship ways, it would be nice not having to clock watch and pop pills for a while.

Anyway I hope you are all feeling fabulous
    Oh and congrats on number 2 Kimnastics

Lis xx

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast