Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting After LT TTC ~ January - April 2008

Hi everybody!

Hello again ktgirl - wow, has it really been 5 months already? Glad to hear things are going well for you. It is hard to imagine having TWO babies, but obviously it is doable (and yeah, twice and wonderful too, I bet!)

Too bad about the sleep Monnie, but at least you know it'll probably get better again once the molars are through

Proud mamma moment - Aric has learned to clap! so cute.

Hi all,
    I've been gone a while, but i loved reading everyone's news and having a bit of a catch up.
    7.5kgs seems to be the 'in weight'. Liam is 7.5kgs now - at 7.5 months! He's fine and I am so much more confident as a parent now. He eats loads of food some days, and then hardly eats a thing the next day - but he is still being bf about 4/5 times a day, so i know he is doing fine.

Marcellus - I know that one of my mother's group is TTC number 2 - but she has fibroids and wants to have another bub before she has to have surgery again.

Mako - hope things are better with Sage and sleeping, and also with you too. A diagnosis is all well and good, but you need to get some strategies for coping too. Happy very belated birthday to your wonderboy!

Monnie - I can't believe Felix is a toddler already either. Seems like yesterday i was reading your BA. Have those nasty molars come through yet?

KT girl - hope everything is going wonderfully. I hope you have some great support around you to help a bit.

Nic - some Drs are just idiots and say the dumbest things. At least you know you are doing everything right for you. How is DD with her little brother?

Well, I went to NZ on my own with DS to visit my parents. The travel was extremely hard and I was a zombie when i got back to Melbourne - the plane had no more bassinets so i had not put DS down for 8 hours straight - except twice i handed him to the airline crew while i went to the loo! He couldn't sit up on his own, and all the noise and lights and people was too exciting to sleep! He barely recognised DH at the airport, bu was back to his old self the next day. I took a little longer to recover!
    And DH has given up shift work for a few months over summer. This means I will see him every weekend, and no more night shifts for a while! I'm pretty happy about it all.

Hi to everyone else too.

Welcome back Lenny!
    missed you round here

Hi gang!
    I've been missing for a while too... life is busy and I have discovered facebook too which is quite addictive. I am trying to limit my computer time also.

Anyhow, I didnt realise I missed you guys till I started reading what you are all up to.

Celeste is now 10months and when she was weighed a month ago she was 7.28kg so I would say she is around 7.5kg now too!!!! That is so weird lol.
    Nik, that doctor truely does sound like a tool! What was he thinking? Just blow him off, you dont need to worry at all.

Well done Lenny on your travel without DH. Sounds like you certainly had your work cut out for you on the plane. Don't they get enough bassinettes when you book your fllights? I would find that soooooo tiresome!!! 8hours is a very long time with a baby who is wriggling all around, not sleeping. Well done.

Monnie, hope those molars come through nice and quick for you and your lil toddler! What a difference walking makes hey? They just look more grown up then I reckon. Are you finding it more or less difficult now that he can walK?

Mako, so glad sleep school has worked for you. I have two friends who went with their 10 and 11 month olds and swear by it. They are like new people now!!! Dont worry abuot the meltdown being embarrassing... I am sure they have seen it many times before!!! And it was the right place for it too, with all the months of stress building up to then and all the pressure to get it right, it had to come out. Hey I've done it in less appropriate places in hte past!

Hi Kate, hope things are going fantastic for you and your two little wonders. It sure is amazing isnt it? And you must get double amazed! How are you going for sleep? Are they in sinc?

Celeste is now clapping and like you Marcellus, I get a thrill out of it. Sometimes she does it just to get me to smile and praise her. It's her newest trick. She is still only commando/caterpillar crawling but getting closer to all fours now as when she is sitting she leans right over to that position. Not pulling herself up to furniture yet either. She has a few words now: Mum, Dada, Dog sometimes but mostly by sign language. She said the dog's name the other day (Molly but she said LL-y) One day she just said "Hello" but only the once. Celeste just llllooooves the dogs. Every mornign the first thing we have to do is open the curtains to see if the dogs are there and if they are outside when she wakes from her nap we have to let them in right away! They get lots of hugs now that she can move. Very cute.

Well, hope to be on here more often than I have been.
    Take care all!

Hi ladies.

Monnie - How exciting that Felix is walking now. It doesn't seem like that long ago that you fell pregnant on that clomid cycle and all of a sudden he is walking!!! WOW.

Sazz- So cute about Celeste with the dogs also with the clapping and talking!! The twins sleep pretty well actually. I always made sure when they were new that we kept them in the same routine so when one woke for a feed I would also get the second one up and it seems to have worked and they pretty much do everything at the same time.

Mako- I hope things are going well with Sage and you are getting some good sleeps now.

Lenny- Wow you went to NZ on your own, that is such a good job!! Hope you had a lovely time.

Marcellus- Go archie with the clapping... that would be so cute

Mackenzie is cutting her first tooth!!! I have been checking a lot lately because both of the babies have been really funny with their feeds. So I found it on Monday. It has just broken the skin. She is handling it really well actually. Tonight was the first time I have given her panadol as she was pretty out of sorts. I am surprised Ryder hasn't got any yet as he has had a few days of being pretty cranky. Perhaps his are on the way.

Thats is about it for now. I really should get to bed. Night

Nic - I love your message - Sleep is for the weak. We were like that for such a long time! Now, I have to say things are pretty good...for now. DS is super active, so i think that helps he get tired. He rolls and creeps around constantly. He can go for miles, and rarely sits still. In fact he hardly sits at all - he just rolls over straight away. We can't imagine when he can crawl for real. This weekend has been set aside for babyproofing. The cot will go down, the laundry cupboards will get locked, and the pretty things will go up high!

Sazz - I wish my dog was a little more kid friendly. They love each other, but the dog is still a puppy really and doesn't know his own strength. He is a bit boisterous. We have great hopes for them to be best friends...but in a few years time!

Marcellus - has Aric got little teeth yet? How did that go? We think Liam might be getting the top ones now too...he is dribbling like a tap.

Kt - I was always so scared of giving DS panadol, but i did once for his bottom teeth as he was really crying and miserable. OMG, he was like a new child in 10 minutes. Amazing stuff. I felt mean for not giving it ealier!

Yay, some action in here
    Hiya again Sazz - Celeste sounds gorgeous! Aric just loves our cat too - always wants to grab him and reaches out and 'ah ah's whenever he sees him. Trying to teach him signs too - cat is one of the first ones we're using since he likes him so much. He loves my parents dogs too and they love to lick him - ew!

How're the teeth going Ktgirl?

No teeth here - some lumpy gums but that's it. Don't think they're imminent.

Have had a sort of breakthrough with sleep. After 2+ months of struggling against biology I am sleeping with Aric. It's all much better now. He goes to sleep very easily and when he wakes in the night (much less often now) he goes back to sleep pretty much on his own (though maybe after a feed if he's hungry). Day sleeps are still dreadful though - probably would be better if I could sleep with him but can't cause of work. Hoping that if he gets more sleep at night he'll be better rested and able to sleep better during the day... doing 10-11 hours at night now versus 7-8 a little while ago!

Good luck with the babyproofing Lenny - I'm not looking forward to having to do that!

And hi everyone else

Thought I should drop in and say 'hi'
    As some of you know, we've had a pretty full on week or two here with family stuff. Haven't been able to keep up as well as I would like.
    Think we are teething ATM? Running a little warm, and can see the little white spot on the gum.
    No rolling over yet though? 5 months old on Sunday just gone. Even though I know he will do it in his own time, it still worries me a little at times.
    Sleep is pretty good. Most nights are now being stretched out to 3-4 hourly sleeps. We've had a few nights where there were 5-6 sleeps, which were quite nice.

Will attempt to come back later in the week and attempt some personals.

Nic

Nic, just a quick one to say that while DS learned to roll at around 5 months, he didn't really start doing it till just recently. Sounds like the sleep is gradually improving for you - that's great!

Hi girls. How is everyone?

Nic my twins are 5 1/2 months and only roll occasionally. They don't really like to stay on their tummies for that long, they end up just getting frustrated. DS has been doing it for a while every now and then but DD only started doing it recently. It was actually on the day she was 5 months old. I was worried about it too but have seen them developing in so many different ways so I guess they are fine and when they want to roll all over the place they will.

Marcellus - Glad to hear your little one is getting a bit more sleep. Hope it continues for you

Lenny - How did your baby proofing go?

Well Mackenzie now has two teeth. They came through a couple of days after one another. Ryder had a really off day today so am not sure what is wrong with him. I wish they could just tell us. I am feeling a little bit anxious tonight. The babies have been sleeping in bassinets in our room and tonight they are in their own room. They have been in there before but not for quite a while. We just got an air con unit put in their room as it is getting really hot here. The reason why they have been in our room so long is because we have air con in there. Ryder feels the heat so badly, poor boy. He breaks out in a sweat at the slightest temp rise, he is just like his Dad. Keeping them in air con every night is probably not ideal but I guess at least they sleep, otherwise they really don't sleep that well. I am sure they will be fine they are just down the hallway but I hope I hear them when they wake up (silly Mummy I know )

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all well.

Ah ktgirl, I remember when we first moved DS to his own room. We had the monitor turned all the way up, just in case we didn't hear him, and would race (literally running) down to him at the slightest noise... Half the time it was just sleep noises. And the monitor was soooo loud it startled us awake so I'd be sitting there, heart pounding in my chest as I woke up. Now we have it all the way down on the lowest setting and wait to be sure he's really up before going down there.
    It really took some time to get used to sleeping separately - it just felt so wrong. Honestly, if the cot had fit in our room, we'd have moved it in. As it is, I'm back sleeping with him now anyway .
    Anyway, give yourself some time to get used to it. And if you find yourself lying awake thinking "oh, i hope they're ok....", just slip in and check up on them for your own peace of mind (otherwise you'll just lie there worrying....like me)

hmm, that post makes me sound like a crazy person

No marcellus, that post made you sound like me! I would lie awake in bed thinking eeek i haven't heard a cry for a while, I hope he's ok and lie there panicking. Now sometimes I turn the monitor off!! If he really cries I can still hear him! Imagine what I'll be like with the second/third child.

ktgirl - I worry about the heat, but we haven't had the weather that you have. We did buy a portable air-con last weekend (as well as the baby-proofing, which is a work in progress). At least I can cool DS's room down if it does get really hot.

Nic - I'm so sorry for you and your family. Hope the sleep keeps improving for you all too.

I freaked the other night when DS wouldn't sleep, and I went into his room (again) to give him a bit of a pat, and he was sitting up looking at me. Aargh! I got such a fright. He's never sat up before on his own. It was such a funny look he gave me. Like, look at me, aren't i clever/funny!

Hi to all.

Quote Originally Posted by marcellus View Post
    hmm, that post makes me sound like a crazy person
    nope, not crazy at all. Sounds just like me...and I'm fine....i think?

Lenny, I had a giggle at you checking on your DS to find him sitting up. I remember the day that DD learnt to clap, she was 8 months old to the day, and I heard a noise from her room. When I checked on her, she was sitting up and clapping and gave me that 'Aren't I clever' look. I spent the rest of the night getting up to put her back down, everytime I tucked her back into bed,she would sit back up and clap her hands again lol.

So, after my post the other day about DS's lack of rolling, I go out and he rolled in front of DH!! DH said he thought it might have been an accident, but he still rolled by himself. I wonder if I type in here that I am concerned about how he lacks the ability to sleep through the night, if he will do it just to prove me wrong?? HAHA, one can only wish hey

Nic

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    It was such a funny look he gave me. Like, look at me, aren't i clever/funny!
    He was probably thinking 'oh my, how'd I get here...?' Man, if DS did that I'd freak out too!

Nic - good luck with that wishful thinking...

LOL that's funny Marcellus! I went in to check Celeste last night and she was just laying there looking at me. It freaks me when she does that. Or when she looks like she is sleeping but quickly turns her head and stares at me with like a freaky 'evil baby' look on her face. She must be asleep when she does that but it is certainly creepy.
    She was sitting up when I went into her the other morning but that was a once off so far. No tricks with it yet like you Lenny.

Well we have some news here. Its a secret in real life but we went to the fert clinic for a review appt on wednesday. We are going in to have our frosties transferred after January AF!!!! We have 3 left so heres hoping some survive the thaw and one implants!!!! I am soo excited now that we have decided to do it. Until now I was thinking I would like a bit of a break to just enjoy Celeste without the stress of treatment but a natural frozen cycle is pretty stress free, well physically anyhow. I will keep you folk up to date later when it's happening.

Celeste is in the throes of seperation anxiety these days. Poor DH doesnt get a look in. If I pass her over she freaks. Funny thing is if she is already on the floor and he picks her up it is fine. Wonder how long it lasts for? She takes a long time to warm to other people now too. I'm trying to let her know what I'm doing more, by telling her, rather than just doing things (like leaving the room to put the nappy away etc.)

Marcellus, you sound normal to me too!!! ( we are a bunch of crazies tho arent we?) Sometimes when Celeste stirs in the night and I am in a deep sleep I still leap out of bed and am standing up already going to her room before I am even awake!! I have to stop and think : does she really need me? Usually I just get back into bed and listen for a while but it does really give me a start!

Sazz, that is awesome news about you having your frosties transferred. Will be thinking of you when the time comes and praying for some bfp news

Hi
    Wow you girls have been busy lol.

Just a quick 1 to say I've uploaded a photo of Sage and Santa tonight. It was taken today and he was a very good boy. He didn't cry or anything

Anyway I won't attempt personals at this time of night except
    Sazz Thats great news. I hope everything goes really really really well for you when the time to transfer is here. Can't wait to see your news

Ok I'm off to bed but promise I'll come back in the next day or 2 to catch up on everything.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast