Thread: pessaries Quest.

Default pessaries Quest.

I got a BFP on the 31st March (11th transfer)with my beta coming back at 290, 2nd came back at 960 (prog 20) and after a scare bleed yesterday it came back at 4906 (prog 31).

Although I am being told my numbers are strong I am still stressing because I have been having brown discharge since last thurs and then yesterday there was blood when I wiped. When I go my 2nd reading back my progesterone came back at 20 which the nurse said was a little low but my Dr said not to up the pessaries (2x400mg). Because this crap was coming out of me I put in a 200mg I still had in the fridge with one of the 400mg on sunday night. Woke up yest with some blood but there was nothing during the day. Then last night because my nurse upped my pessaries to now 3 a day I had 2 last night and this morning woke up with some blood again.

So do you think it could be the pessaries irritating me thats causing the bleeding??

I havent even been able to enjoy my BFP for at least my first week. Man I need some sedation lol.

Thanks
    Shazz.

Shazz, unfortunaltey i cant offer you any advice, but just wnated to give you a hug - and to let you know youre not the only one who hasnt been able to enjoy the first week of a BFP!

We are so close, i am terrified too ----

Hi

I know this is a late reply but:

Yes, it is quite a normal side effect to have brown spotting from pessaries.

Hi Shazz,

I too am on progesterone pesseries. They upped my pesseries 3 weeks ago to 2 x 200mg in the morning and 2 x 200mg at night. I have had some brown spotting and also had a bleed the night before my BT to tell me whether or not I was pregnant - my results came back at HCG 220 and 24 prog. They told me that a lot of women have break through bleeding sometimes up to the 3rd or 4th month and that it was nothing to worry about as long as the numbers keep rising and there is no clotted blood.

I feel the same I can't really enjoy my BFP as much as I want too, until I can get to week 12. Hang in there your numbers sound good and strong.

Thanks for your reply girls. We are 13w tomorrow and the brown spotting stoped about 7 1/2w, so my body must of got use to it. My OBS is keeping me on them until 14w..........lovely!!

Thanks again
    Shazz.