Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - August 2005 #2

Blue Sky Guest

Hi
    sorry - panic stricken question (laden with TMI)!! Went to loo before and noticed little brown spots. When I wiped again there was very light brown in the general pessary aftergoo.. I went & put a pessary in and straight to bed for an hour. Checked again just now and still the same.
    Was I premature with my BFP? Should I ask for another bt tomorrow? Is this normal? Am I posting this in the right spot? oh please help me.

Edited to add: Have just read through the 'Bleeding in Pregnancy' sticky and am feeling a bit calmer. Deep breaths and off to bed for me, ring nurses in the morning... come on bean, stay with me.
    :bluestick:

Amy - just checked out your wee little darlin and am totally cuted out! Love hos the top pic looks as though bubs is looking straight at you.... so glad to see is healthy and strong.

Sush - I am so glad to hear your scan went well (knew it would, of course )....

You guys keep that seat warm, Im planning on taking up that offer by October!

Blue - is my understanding that the pessaries themselves can bring on brown spotting (in fact my IVF nurse told me this today!). Apparently can just cause some irritation or something. Whatever you do dont stop the pessaries - and Im sure all will be fine.

Oh, that reminds me.... Tam, the other night I dreamt (and I know this is weird) that I was on BB and a message came up saying that one of your twins was a boy.... but I dont remember what the other was!..... but for some reason am getting girl vibes...

I know its a bit sad that I dream about getting on BB..... 8-[

Tam, are you finding out gender? Id be interested to know whether Im right...

Blue - Hope that spotting has stopped, I know it's hard to not worry but a few of us girls experienced it early on also so we've BTDT. Talk to your DR and just take it easy.

Thanks guys for the advice, I think it hasn't been helped by all the fruit I ate in the first trimester. SOmetimes it is quite explosive and other times just runny, but sometimes it's solid too. Sorry for the TMI. Think I'll ask the midwife again.

Take care everyone

Blue Sky Guest

Thanks Amy & Keen,
    Have tried ringing the nurses this morning but no luck - recorded message. I still have a little bit of bleeding. Cramping has gone. Have thought about whether I could just turn up to a clinic and ask for a BT. I POAS this morning and it came up positive, which gives me hope. Sorry to be a duffer but what does BTDT mean?
    Hope you have a nice day!
    cheers
    blue

Edited to add: ohh been there done that??

Yep!!!!

Try not to worry Blue. When was your last BT? Normally they wait 2 or 3 days between to get a good idea of levels. I would definitely book in for another one though.

Keen we are finding out the sex, so I will keep you posted

Sal Guest

Hi girls,

Tam, checked out your preggy belly (very cute!) and change table. I'm still undecided on what I'll do re baby changes. You know, I have the same vibes as Keen i.e. one boy and one girl. I know you want two boys, so here's hoping our vibes are wrong.

Blue, BTDT = been there done that. Seems that all girls on pessaries have had some spotting at some point, I know that won't help your worry. Being an IVFer I'm sure you can get another BT for reassurance.

Hay - 8 weeks has absolutely flown by! Have you had your first smile from Thomas yet?

Anyone heard from Gab lately?

Hey Sal

How are things travelling with you?? A boy and a girl would be nice, but it is just a gut feeling that it is 2 boys.

Blue Sky Guest

Hi,
    Sorry - self indulgent post. Thought I would update you before planting my a$$ on the couch for the rest of the day.

Couldnt get thrugh to the IVF nurses until after 10am so took myself off to the GP who ordered an urgent BT. Will get the results back after 3. Rang IVF nurses when I got home - they have upped my pessaries to 3 per day and want me to ring them when I find out my BT results. May have to have another BT Friday. Spotting seems to have stopped though. fingers crossed.

Cheers
    blue

Sal Guest

Blue, am sure you'll be reassured when you get your BT results back.

Tam, I am very close to admitting that I can feel mr. blobby kicking me! Would be very exciting if it were true, just not sure if it's wind! I have a rounded preg belly, but at the moment my bbs are so huge (and otherwise feeling fat) so don't really look pg to the public. But I know it's just around the corner. Have been having some tummy pains at night, I think it's my bladder - why it hurts I'm not sure - so am very thankful to have the doppler to check the heartbeat. Other than that, my only other symptom is raging hunger (all the time) and heartburn (pretty constant). I'll be 20w tomorrow, just cannot believe how time has flown, that I am actually in this position. I just never imagined that this would actually happen to me IYKWIM.

How often do you feel the twins? How are you feeling?

Sal re the pain with the bladder, I get the same. I think that it is just a little squashed. I am like you, I think it is the twins that I am feeling, but could be wind I guess. WOW 20 weeks already. How time flies.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678