Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - August 2005 #2

All added Shazz.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hello girls,

Blue and Shazz, welcome and congratulations again! I know it's still new and uncertain for the two of you, but trust me, the newness and uncertianty never really wears off, so jump in with both feet!

Well, my scan went really well. The little'un (and there is only 1 little'un) is the right measurement for the dates, and despite being a bit shy - helped by mum not having a full enough bladder - Dr and DH were able to see the heartbeat beating strongly even if it wasn't for long enough to count the bpm.

Dr wasn't concerned though. He was happy with everything else. He said the hb was nice and strong, and my vitals are within normal ranges. He has booked me in for my screening BT at 10 weeks, my Nuchal Fold (?) scan at 12 weeks, and then another scan at 19 weeks. Only after both scans will I see him again.

So I guess everything is fine. Can't wipe the smile off my face. Will work on getting the scan pics up tonight!

love
    sushee

\/ I'm glad everything went so well sushee =D>

i got my bloods back today HCG 828 so it has calmed me a little roll on scan day

Congrats to Shazz and blue for their progression to this thread. how exciting for you both.

BIG congrats to Carrie on the early arrival of your little girl. Wow! Bet you didn't have stuff organised hey? I was nearly caught out when I went into hospital with pre-eclampsia at 35 weeks - you never think that you are going to run out of time.

Big waves to all my cohorts in here (sush, sal, nz girl, melbo, jo etc etc). I miss you guys and really should venture around the site more often, but still trying to do all I can with the 15 minute grabs of time i find myself with. It is all I can do to keep updated in the baby thread and the breastfeeding thread. Anyway, how you are all keeping well. I can't believe that my little man will be 8 weeks old tomorrow. WOW. Where does the time go?????

Hi to all

Hayseed

tiggy Guest

Yay, Sush!
    Glad everything went well.

perhaps I don't belong in here either, I really feel like I am posting to myself most of the time.

Tiff,

You doubly belong here! Lol! I can't believe you're 17 weeks already!

It is quiet in here sometimes. I find myself still trawling the LTTTC forum as there is so much happening there. I am findling it hard to post from work, though, but cannot resist! BB addiction is in full force now.

love
    sushee

tiggy Guest

Thanks Sush!

Sometimes feel a bit out of place because my time in LTTTC was quite short, really. Often feel a bit out of the loop. SO thanks.

Blue Sky Guest

Hi girls

Thanks so much for your warm welcome! My head is still spinning – cant seem to be able to concentrate on anything, keep thinking “OMG I’m pregnant!”

Thanks Mel, Shaz and Sal for your advice on the dates. If I go by my LMP my EDD is 01/05/06. But I do like the sound of 04/05/06!! Kinda just rolls off the tongue!! I’m just so clueless – I’m not sure what happens now.. just waiting on the letter from MIVF.

Sushee & Amy – glad to hear that your scans went well! It must be such an amazing experience.

Mel – how did your appointment go?

Carrie – sounds like your littleun is thriving. Best wishes to you both!

Sorry – I have another question: how long did you wait until you told family? My brother has just had his first child (actually, I had my transfer on the same date as she was born) and I don’t want to steal his thunder, but on the other hand I don’t want them to think I was holding out on them.

Cheers,
    Blue
    :bluestick:

tiggy Guest

Yay Shazz that your HCG levels are right on track!

Blue, you need a ticker!

I can't answer your question but it has to be right for you. I don't think you will steal your brother's thunder if you tell them now but you need to feel comfortable and confident when you do tell them, so you can bask in the happiness and not have to worry too much about hurting others!!! Good luck. I'm sure everyone will be thrilled for you!

Blue Sky Guest

Thanks Tiggy - I think you're right. I might sound out Dad on father's day. Will get to work on that ticker too. I think I'll even celebrate by signing up to become a BB member!!
    cheers,

OMG guys when I look at your tickers and see just how far along each of you are, I can hardly believe it! It is so amazing and we will have so many bubs from here - I just cant wait! \/

By the way Blue - with regards to EDD, I checked with my clinic last cycle and they said that it should generally be from first day of last AF, however in your case (as was in my case) pickup did not occur 14 days after that. So instead you go 14 days prior to OPU - use that date as your last period start date and calculate from then..... so there, bet that is clear as mud!

Yay Blue & Shazz \/ hope you like your new thread!

Yay Amy on your scan, hugs to make you feel better!

Yay Such on another great scan!

Such good news from everyone!

I will put a spanner in the works regarding the EDD. Apparently you do not go from LMP with a FET, for instances, my doctor worked it out as my LMP was 26th May, to get this due date, (2-3-06) Going by my LMP (in real time) which was on 20th May, my EDD will be the 24-2-05. Yep like Keen, clean as mud! I guess as some stage of next year I will be going into labour LOL!

Blue - I guess, you could tell people once you felt comfortable doing so. My parents knew early as they had to babysit Jack a lot of the time for OPUs, scans etc etc. I will be telling my brother and SIL this weekend as I cannot really hide the bump any longer. A few friends also knew early as they are IVF-ers as well.Anyone else will know as and when.

Tif - What do you mean, you don't belong??? Silly moo, of course you belong ( and I mean this in the nicest possible way ) It doesn't matter how long you were in the thread or how many cycles of treatment you had, no competition, you were in the LTTTC thread and now you belong here as well

I THINK i might have felt a little flutter from Twin B today..........................Tif, have you felt any movements? And how early were they? Or am I just dreaming?

Yay Sush - Great to hear all was well at your scan.

Keen - Won't be long and you''ll be in here too I just know it!

Blue - I agree with tiggy - I think it would be a double celebration in fact! Liking the 4/5/6 birthdate - how cool would that be!!

Hay - OMG 8 weeks!! BTW that is a gorgeous photo in your ticker.

Sal - Yep I still got girl vibes too. However I hate to admit I have been wrong in the past as my DH likes to remind me at the moment. I was so sure I wasn't pg after our FET that I had a mouthful of wine the night before our first BFP HPT!! Not long to wait though now!!

tiggy Guest

Jo,

I haven't felt anything because I have an anterior placenta and an a posterior placenta, so they cushion all the kicks and punches but with the others after my first pregnancy, I felt flutters at 13 and 14 weeks and started to get big thumps around the 18 week mark, so you probably are feeling you little bubbas kicking away!!

WOW Jo that is sooooo cool!!!

And yes I agree - Tiggy does a bear sh*t in the woods, is the pope catholic? Of course you belong here!!

Awwww think all the lovely pg hormones are kicking in, you guys give me the warm fuzzies with all your best wishes and support - you're the best!!

Sorry to end with a gross question, BUT I still have a runny bum and after a particularly bad episode have a rather sore bumhole (sorry!). you can't get heamorroids (sp?) from diarrohea can you? Have had to stop wearing a g-string as WAY too uncomfortable!!! Can anyone help???

Ohhhh how exciting, but not 100% sure, it could still all be in my head lol!

Amy - Start eating lots of bananas to firm up your poos, i did this when Jack was young and had a little nappy rash. It worked for him. Have you spoken to your doctor about it? Or perhaps give the midwives at your local clinic/hospital a call and see what they think. I had a look in my book and it states that it can occur at any time and to increase your water intake to replace any lost fluids and also to see the doctor who should test your poos. Is it really watery? Or just softer than normal?

dragging my memory back twelve years:

Jo, I got my first flutterings with Zaki at 14 weeks. You feel them a little earlier with each subsequent baby, so you'll feel them this time before you did with Jack.

Amy, my mum reckons toast every morning and lots of water should slow the runs down. Seems to have worked for me.

While I'm here, can I update my next scan date, please, Sarah? 12 week scan will be on the 4th of October. Except for a BT at 10 weeks, nothing at all is happening until then! After all the hustle and bustle of the last few weeks, it feels awfully strange to suddenly not have anything happening, but I guess that's a good thing!

love
    sushee

Hi Girls

YAY Blue, congrats and welcome!!!!

Sush - great to hear the scan went well

Hay - wow 8 weeks already

Sorry I have not been around a bit, but having real issues with the pc's at work and being able to log on. Looks like I will have to log on at night at home until I get my pc's at work fixed.

Hope you are all well. I have updated my website with a new belly pic and also with the baby change table.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast