Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy AFter Long Term TTC Chatter - May/June 2005

Okey dokey, you're all added. Sal & Hayseed, there are a few new bits added in if you want to send me your details...

Gab, do you want to be added yet?

Guys I am so chuffed to see you all in here - yabbering away about all things bubs and tummies! I think it is just so great, cant wipe this smile off my face

Cant wait until Mel & I join you very soon, oh and we intend on bringing a whole herd more from lt ttc - so get ready for a population explosion in here....

There'll be plenty of \/ and =D> and

Keen

Hi girls just dropping into see how everyone going. Sal you r in Brisvegas now right? Have you considered where you will have bubs? Do you have private health? Just curious cos I'm here and I'm aunty to bubs born 03 & 04 and I'm a nurse so if you need to know anything about hospitals in bris I'd be please to help.

8-[ Hey thought I'd pop in as I was in the LTTC for a while...
    Not as long as all you loverly lasses...
    Plus I have not had to travel the IVF path either, but for a long time we were just not getting anywhere!

I too am stoked so much to see you all in here too & hayseed it does feel just like yesterday when you announced your BFP... It has gone so fast, although mine seems to be dragging!

Well ladies Congrat's & Keen I cannot wait til it's standing room only in here due to the mass influx!!!!

belmarks Guest

Hi ladies, Im glad this thread has been opened up too, it gives us all a chance to yabber about stuff! Hopefully we will see more over here real soon!!

Keen, did you get any further information on the IVF stuff that you were asking about in another thread? Can't remember if you were asking about Metformin or something similar???

belmarks Guest

Oops, sorry Sarah, i forgot to add FERTILITY ISSUES to the front page, mine is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)

Sal Guest

Wow, it is great to be able to just talk pg stuff here with such like-minded girls!

Bel, not long for you now, must be VERY exciting! Is the bub's sex a surprise for you as well, or just for the public at large?

Shez, you are an angel! Yes, I'm in Brisvegas now, have NO idea of what I need to do, found a GP who referred me to an initial u/s and BT, but now just fobbed me off with a referral to an OBS who isn't taking on patients due in January GRRRRR. The receptionist told me to call my local hospital (I have NO idea what that is) and get a list of OBS and try find one who'll take me on. The thing is, I don't really want to see an OBS, just want a midwife birth. Yes I have private cover but don't want to go private - can't see the point or need. So I am on protest at the moment, not trying to find an OBS, not going back to my GP (who obviously doesn't want to be monitoring me during pg) and not knowing what to do. HELP! Any advice would be wonderful.

Sarah, will go check what extra details I can provide. Thanks!

How are we today lovies??

Still beavering away at my studies, be all over at the end of next week so will around more then (hopefully!!).

Sorry about lack of personals, big hugs to all!!

belmarks Guest

isn't it amazing girls, that when you are going through it (infertility or subfertility) you think you are the only one going through it, I mean, you know that there are others, but you seriously feel all alone in it, and now we come on this wonderful website, and discover that there are heaps of other women going through the same thing or similar. I know that the support that I have received on this website is phenomenal and I hope that all you others feel the same way.

I have been asked to speak about my journey at an IVF seminar which is being held by my clinic next Tuesday night, I only hope that I can help someone else on their journey the way the girls on this site have helped me!!

Sal Guest

Belinda, it helps so much to hear from other women suffering through the same thing. As we all know, it is such a unique and painful thing that only others who have experienced it can truly understand.

I bet you'll be an inspiration to those nervous newbies at the clinic, I wish I had seen someone with a preggie belly talking about what the journey was like, perhaps I wouldn't have felt so 'alone' (well, before I got onto BB, that is).

Gab, hope your brain is sopping up all your anatomy stuff! Is your exam on Tues or Wed?

Me too Sal - exam is Wed, Thu and Fri, then I go straight on call at the hospital two hours after I finish for the weekend!! What a bummer! Oh and Sal, YAY on 7w1d!! Oh, and I am sorry about your DH's Job - did you not move to Brisbane for his work???

Bel - I am sure you will be wonderful, and it will be SO good for the women out there to hear a positive outcome story. It is really helpful I reckon to hear it! I think through all the infertility stuff, a positive story gives you a ray of hope, and makes you believe it really is possible!! Good on you for doing it!

Better go again....

Sal Guest

Gab, *gulp* three days solid of exams?!?! You poor thing, sounds awful. And then straight back to work, before you know it you'll be having your 17w scan and finding out what accessories munchy is coming with

Yep, we moved to Brisbane purely because DP needed to get some work, so now we find ourselves here with most of our 6-month lease to go and not particularly wanting to be here. DP I think has lined up some contract work for next week, so at least we'll have food on the table (what with me being an unemployed bum, oops, uni student).

Sal,
    Where in Brisbane are you? The Royal Brisbane & Womens is the major public hospital but I think you do need to go to the hospital who's catchment area you are in. Your GP doesn't sound very helpful unfortunately they are probably the ones who know which catchment area you belong to. Alternatively you could ring RBWH and make enquiries, they have a birthing centre there that I run by midwives. RBWH number is 36368111.
    HTH

Sal Guest

Thanks Shez, I am in Rochedale South. I am in the ballot at the Royal Womens for the birthing centre (they'll consider me in the ballot even though I'm not in their catchment area). I know that I'll probably have to call my GP back and find out what hospital is my catchment.

Do you know whether I really need to see an OBS? Can I just go to the public hospital for monitoring by the midwives instead? Am I being too radical?

Sal, In Melb you can go to a few of the Public Hosp to see Midwives...
    Maybe just call the hopitals one you know are in your area & ask...
    Good luck darl!

Sal I think you need to see an OB at least once but don't quote me on that. Redlands hosp is down your way too. I ahve a friend who was going thru the birthing centre so I could ask her about the need to see ob.

All updated for you lovely ladies

Sal Guest

Yes please Shez, if you could ask your friend re need to see OBS. BTW where is Redlands near? Do I just call the hospital and get an appt to see a midwife? I buckled and called my GP and he referred me to another doc, who practices at Sunnybank Private Medical Centre. I am thinking I don't want to go down this path as I have no intention of this OBS delivering my baby nor having the baby in a private hospital.

I just can't believe how confusing it all is.

Thanks Sarah!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast