Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy AFter Long Term TTC Chatter - May/June 2005

It is so great to look at your tickers and see just how far along you are - can hardly believe your so far along Hay & you too Bel! And Tracey, too! Wow, cant wait to meet all these gorgeous little darlins you are each going to have!

Bel - did get some answers to my questions. Am waiting for another IVF go in July. Have a very very very good feeling about it - dont know why, just do. I think it would have been great to hear a story from someone else having recently gone through IVF - especially from the same clinic. Thats great that you are going to do that.

Gab - all the best with the studying and exams.... dont envy you for that!

Sal - Holy moly, already past the 7 week mark! Its so hard to know which way is best with regard to ob vs midwife, and so on, isnt it??

Hay - So I hear a shopping spree is in order for you.... have fun \/

Hope you guys dont mind me popping in here every now and then. Im just so very excited for each of you and cant wait to join you all!

Sal
    Redland hospital is on Weippin St Cleveland and it definately does obstetrics there is QE2 hospital @ Kessels Rd Coopers Plains and Logan hospital @ Armstrong Rd (cnr Loganlea Rd) Meadowbrook as well but I'm not sure if they do OB. I live on the northside of Brisabne so don't know as much about the southside hospitals. Redland hospital is actually about 30-45 mins from Rochdale Sth and QE2 and Logan are about 20 mins away. Can I ask why u don't want to go privately? I will be seeing my friend tomorrow night so I will ask her about the OB thing.
    HTH

Hi girls,

Keen, I also can't believe how far along I am. Time has really flown, especially after the 20 week mark.

I went and did my big shop (I'll post a list in seperate post) so at least I feel a little bit more organised.

Bel, I think it is wonderful you are speaking to the IVF group. I also wish I had seen a few more success stories before going down that route myself. I had my cousin who had been through IVF at least, so that was something....

Just pop back to the Belly Buddies post and get my shopping spree purchases!!

Hayseed

Sorry to those girls (I know of Bel) that have read this in the July Belly Buddies thread. I just cut and pasted.....

Back from Melb and bought up big! I got:
    farmyard quilt set
    nappy stacker
    woollen underlay
    thermal blanket
    nursery decorations
    (all these above things are in farmyard design)
    baby bag/change bag
    sheep skin for pram
    Baby Bjorn carrier
    Mama glider and ottoman
    change table
    mat for table
    another mat for putting bub on out of bath (aka laundry sink!)

My mum bought:
    a cot pillow
    a woollen blanket
    bunny rugs

My mum and aunt went halves in a stroller (for use in/out of the car and around town)

And I also put on order a small laundry basket and musical mobile also in farmyard design.

Phew!

The only things I have to organise is a small bookcase for the nursery, a steriliser and baby monitor and that's it. Oh and of course the little bits and peices like a few jumpsuits, nappies, baby toiletries, etc. but I have a baby shower next weekend so I thought I would wait and see what comes of that before buying that sort of stuff.

I thought that the shopping would be more funner than it was, but I guess being 6 weeks off due date and walking around the shops for 2.5hrs wasn't doing my legs and back many favours. I guess I just got tired (and hungry!)

Wow Hay!! Sounds like you had a ball!!

I can't wait to go pottering!!

.....after 20+ weeks.....

Have fun unpacking!

Can't believe it is only 6 weeks - how exciting!

Sal Guest

Hay, that is a HUGE shop! Will you put a piccy of your nursery up on your website once you have everything set up? Please [-o< ?

Shez, I really don't see the point in going private, as I don't intend on having an OBS birth. Plus, I hear that nearly every baby is delivered by 'some' OBS but usually not the one the woman has been seeing all pg (don't blame the OBS, can't help awkward timing!). Plus, why spend my entire baby bonus amount on the OBS/anaesth bill when I don't even want that intervention? I'm a bit radical (I guess you can tell) but I don't want to put myself or blobby at risk. Look forward to hearing what your friend has to say. Is Logan a private hospital?

Actually, DP and me are talking about moving to Tweed Heads if he can find work there or at the Gold Coast, so don't really know where I will be living come due date!

Hey Bel, I just checked out your www & saw your belly shots - Gee you aren't all that big (at least appears that way in the photo). Must be glad! You got a compact one!

Sal
    Logan is a public hospital. I asked about the public/private thing out of curiosity as I work in a Private hospital and if (no when ) I get pg I will be going privately. I will see my friend tonight and post after.

tiggy Guest

Hi guys,

Not sure where I belong at the moment...
    But thought that I would pop in and say hello.
    I can't get my new ticker to work, please help O

Oooooh Tiff, congratulations What's the prob with your ticker, I'll see if I can help...

Sal Guest

Tiff, we'd love you to join us in here! You must be over the moon, congrats again!

tiggy Guest

Hey Sal,
    Yep over the moon and also very stunned and very scared too.
    Saying my positive affirmations for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby alot now!!!

belmarks Guest

Hey Tiff, welcome! Hope you enjoy a really long and positive stay here!

Keen, yes, everyone seems to say that my belly is compact or "neat" as I have heard in the last little while. The front on picture at 32 weeks looks huge, but then you go to the side and there's not much there. I didn't really start to get any belly until about week 25, but it just looked like I'd had too much to eat tee he he!! By the scans the baby is smallish but ob won't move my date, because he knows exactly when I conceived due to the IVF, so it just means we're having a smaller than "average" baby. DH was only 4 pound and I was only 6 pound something, so not very big for either of us (DH is a twin).

Hay - how's the nursery going? Got it all set up yet? Make sure you post some pics on the web site so we can all have a little looky.....

To all you Brisvegas girls, I have an old friend up there who is about 15 weeks pregnant and I think she is going public, she has been enjoying it so far, so no probs with the public system. Hope you all have the same deal. Not sure what hospital she is going to, she is sort of half way between Gold Coast and Brisbane, so Im not sure where she is going to....

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Love that new ticker Tiff - so happy for you

Gabby - 15 weeks that is amazing go Munchie

Sal - hope you get pregnancy care sorted out 7 weeks you are moving along

Tam - best of luck for u/s Wednesday

Hayseed - your shopping trip sounds like well deserved fun for you - your baby shower will be a bounty of cute things and good stuff .

Trish

Hi all,

Nup, haven't done anything to the nursery yet - was going to get stuck into cleaning it today, but have been feeling a little bit "off" today. Hopefully tomorrow. But I'll make sure that I put up piccies on the website.

I have been meaning to put my belly shots up, but because DH and I use our digi camera at ultra high resolution, the pictures are too big for the babies online site. I will have to resave them as smaller files. I am being a little stumped in doing this as the picutres are sooo small by the time I reduce them to under 100KB. Any suggestions???

Hayseed

Hey Bel, you're right about your 32 wk tummy. You look really big from the front and quite small from the side!!!

Hayseed

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Hayseed - I think even if you resize them to web page size option - once on website they can be enlarged by the person viewing - I checked it on mine

Can't wait to see your pics -
    Trish

Sal Guest

Hi girls,

Hay, I use Adobe Photoshop, in there I have the option of selecting both the kb size of photo as well as actual dimensions, not sure how to do it elsewhere. Hope you find out, would love to see a belly shot (and those nursery piccies too)!

Gab, a huge GOOD LUCK for your exam, I have all fingers and toes crossed that pg-brain and m/s will stay away and you'll fly through it. :luck:

Sorry, must go, am trying to stay off the net as I have five exams looming (from the 15th - 27th).

Tiff, love your ticker! When is your EDD?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast