Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy AFter Long Term TTC Chatter - May/June 2005

Sal Guest

Tiff, thanks so much! Can't wait to get it and start reading up on it (actually will be a blessing to take a little while as I really should be studying...)

Hey, that number is really good! My HcG was quite high, so I figured that if I didn't feel m/s by 6 weeks then I wasn't going to get it. My only symptom is bigger and sore bbs...but that could be from all the peanut m&ms I've been packing away. I seriously have no symptoms and am terrified about my 12w u/s (i.e. them not finding much). I'll be so relieved to see a bub in there, then I'll be grateful for my lack of symptoms.

OK, I literally have to run off now, for my first (of 5) exams....bleeeerk.

Sal, have you had an ultrasound yet?

Hi there - It's great to see all of you guys in here chatting!!
    Well, I'm now 19 weeks...nearly half way!! I've got my 20 week u/s next tuesday which I can't wait for!! But I got to hear the heart beat today which was great!
    I've just had a hugh change, I was booked into Freemasons and had an OB, however they were really, really expensive! Also - my OB tried to tell me at my 18 week appointment that it was too early to hear bubs heart beat (it sounded pretty loud and strong to me today!) So anyway, I found a new OB close to home and am going to Knox private now.
    I think that I may have felt some movement - not sure though. It just feels like a twitch under my skin...
    Also tummy has started to pop - finally, but not very big.
    Congrats to all of those who have had that BFP since I last spoke to you!!
    Love Carrie

Sal Guest

Hi girls,

Yes Tam I had an u/s at 6w0d and I saw the heartbeat. Was very reassuring but that was three weeks ago so am feeling like some more reassurance asap. I have an OBS appt on the 28th, wasn't sure about seeing him but what they hey I have lots of questions for him and I have no intention of having my baby with the private hospital he is attached to.

Phew! One exam down, 4 more to go...

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Sal
    congratulations 9 wks almost quarter of way there
    ticker looks great ....

Trish

Sal Guest

Thanks, Trish, I just wish I felt pg!

Before long Sal you'll be huuuuge & wondering when you'll feel normal again!!!

Hello Girls,

Sorry to have been MIA....

I have worked 17hrs on Tue, 16 hrs on Wed, 16hrs on Thu, 17 hrs on Fri, and on call today.... feeling a bit washed out really. Not sure how long I can keep this up.....

So, I have not caught up, but just wanted to let you know I was alive and stuff...

Carrie good to see you!! Wow, almost halfway there!!

Sal almost 10 weeks! Whooohooo!! How are the dreaded exams?? Thinking of you!

Sas - Alexzander is soooo cute!!!

Well, I am off to cook dinner.

I am on call tomorrow, but will try and catch up then, hopefully I will be a little more awake!!

Aww thanks Gab, we think so!

Sal Guest

Gab, those hours sound horrendous! You must get so tired, especially with munchy on board. So, are you showing yet?!?

I've only had one exam, but I have three this week coming and then it's all over with my last exam Monday week (27th). I see an OBS on the 28th and have pre-empted and booked a NT u/s for the 6th July (am VERY excited/worried about that milestone).

Sarah, Gab's right, he's very cute indeed!

Hope everyone is travelling well and enjoying their weekend (is rainy and cold here in Ballina today).

Hi Sal!!

Not sure how I am coping.... Just surviving really!!

I am glad that your exams are almost done!!

That milestone U/S is really stressful, but I felt a lot better after it!

Hey, guess what!!

Its a BOY!!

I had a play with the U/S at work today with one of my friend ultrasonographers, and all is looking good otherwise!!

Sooooo excited!!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Congratulations Gabby

I suppose it doesn't really matter what accessories our bubs come with but we get excited when we actually know :boy:
    can't believe you are over 16weeks already and that Sal is going for her N/F

Wooohoooooo on a baby boy Gab

Gab - Great news on finding out you are going to be having a SON! So exciting and now you will be able to buy some stuff for your boy.

Sal Guest

Oh Gab, that must be so exciting to find out! Now, no excuses next time you go shopping for the bub, you must buy something for him rather than more sheets for you!

Hey Sal, very soon you'll be able to get a big bellied avatar!

:bellyrub:

Hi Girls,

Gab - a little man! How exciting! I can't believe you are 16 weeks already.

Sal - hope those exams are going well and that you can soon kick back and relax for a while.

Carrie - so good to see you and to hear that things are going well. Your little one will be here before you know it.

Sarah - your baby is beautiful and the photos are lovely.

Keep well and look after yourselves.

Love,

Mel

Hi girls,

sorry to those that have read this account elsewhere - I am cutting and pasting a couple of times.

Hi girls,

thanks for asking after me Kate - yeah I have been MIA. I was put in hospital!!

I had my last birth class on Tuesday night and I mentioned to the midwife that my ankles were very swollen and that they had been since the previous day. She told me to come downstairs to the maternal ward and get checked out after class. We went down and they took my blood pressure and a urine sample. My BP was up and there were traces of protein in my wee. She rang the duty dr and he said to go home, get into bed (it was 10.30pm by this time) and see the dr the next day. I was supposed to go and get netting for the nursery the next day, but the midwife put the brakes on that!

So on Wednesday, I went to the GPs in the afternoon (after sitting around all day with my feet elevated) and my BP was 140/95. My BP prior to this has been a constant 110/70 (it is the second figure they really look at). Also, I had more protein in my wee. And I was as puffy as hell (face, hands, legs, feet, ankles..). My GP rang my OB in Melb and I was told that I had to be admitted that night! This was 4.30pm. So it was a very mad rush back at home getting a bag packed for me, the baby and DH, because for all we knew, I was not coming home without a baby, and we had no idea how long I would spend in Melb.

Typically, I had a hair appt booked for the next day and a waxing appt for the Friday that both needed to be cancelled. Also, DH and I had booked a photo session for some preggie belly shots on the Friday night. We kept this appt, hoping we might be able to make it back.

So I spent Wed night, all Thursday and Fri morning in Francis Perry House. When I got to the hospital at about 9.30pm on Wen nite, I had BP taken, urine sampled and a tracer put on the baby (20 mins). Pup is AOK and is not affected in the slightest (unlike mum!). DH stayed with me in the hosptial that night. OB came in the next morning and said that they were going to do a 24hr urine collection, blood tests, BP measurements and baby monitoring while I was in. If the results showed a 'hostile' environment, then I would be having a c-section on Saturday (yesterday). However, the 24hr urine smaple (which went from Thursday am to Friday am) was not going to have any results until Friday. My BP came down a little (130/85) and protein in urine remained constant. So the OB let me come home on Friday afternoon, with the proviso that I see him early next week. I have an appt on Tuesday anyway.

So we came home and I am having daily midwife visits at home to check heart rate, BP and urine. I see OB on Tuesday to re-evaluate.

The main problem with living where we do, is that our only surgeon has just gone on 1 month holiday as of Tuesday nite and if something untoward happened, I would be in a spot of bother as there is no access to surgery here atm. Hence, why they want me in Melb. I think the OB was a bit nervous about letting me out of hospital, but I promised to take it easy.

So, here I am, still pregnant - at least I have made it to 36 weeks and if I need to have a c-section, then Pup will be fine.

Oh, and DH and I did end up making it to our preggie photo session!

I'll keep you all posted.

Hayseed

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast