Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy AFter Long Term TTC Chatter - May/June 2005

Blurghhhh

Cows eat it but.......

Hayseed

Hayseed,

Yes! As soon as you said that I remembered that I had seen the goats do it on the farm when we were growing up. Also the cats when they had a litter.

Must be something in it, like nutrients for breastfeeding.

Mel

Hello Girls,

I am back....

EEEWWWW, what a topic of conversation... Eating the plancenta, yuck, can't imagine that... would you like tomato sauce with that????

My exam was horrible, they have made it much more difficult (part of a change to the marking system) and I was not the only one who thought that.... So, it is not the way I imagined feeling when it finished..... Oh well, just gotta wait...

Nothing else to really report, except that my hubby keeps trying to cheer me up by reminding me that I can just start thinking about baby now... Wow, so I can!!

I keep waiting for my belly to pop or do something to make it a bit more real, LOL. Am I gonna regret that or what?? Have not felt anything much, so I guess, will be anxiously awaiting the obs appt on 23/6 to make sure all is well in there! Was kind of tempted to play with the doppler at work, yesterday if only I could get 2 minutes to myself... (still have not made it public news at work).

Well, going to have a cuppa and call my mum!

Have a good sunday, adn speak soon!

Trish - so good to see you here and your ticker is progressing nicely!!

Sal - 8+2 wow, time flies!! So, will you keep the same obstetrician even if you move to the GC or TH??

Bel - glad to hear that all went well at your talk. Geez, you are almost there girl!! Are you getting excited??

Mel - so glad you girls keep dropping by, it is really nice! How is your cycle going? I really need to catch up with everyone!

Hay - how is the nursery!! Your shop sounded so good, the nursery must look amazing... Could only be a few more weeks!! How's pup - has s/he turned at all??

Apologies to anyone I missed, I have to read back...

Sal Guest

Hi Gab! So when will you hear about how the exam went for you? Do you mean they made it much harder and then the pass mark will be lower?

Gee, not long for your u/s, how exciting, to find out whether munchy is a ms or a mr.

Hi Sal!!

Who knows I think is my answer to that... I would hope (pray!!) so!

My formal U/S to find out whether Munchy is a missy or a master is on the 5/7 at 8:30am... so still a few weeks to go!! How frustrating.

I went wondering around the shops, and there are so many cute baby things to get, and well, this will sound funny, but I just stood there and I did not know WHAT to buy... so, I bought some sheets for OUR bed (Spotlight had a huge sale, and I got sheets for a king size bed, including euro pillows etc for 150$, which was great!) .. poor Munchy!! Maybe when I know what it is.....

Well, hope everyone is well, have to go grocery shopping now, and then I think I am going drag hubby down to the video store, and we are going to have a movie night... sounds soooo relaxing!

Take care,

Mel, most animals eat their placenta not so much because of the nutrients, but to "clean up" after birth and to remove evidence of a birth occurring - so that a predator doesn't get alerted and then eat the youngens!! Also why most young animals can get up and walk 10 minutes after birth!

Gab, I'm sad to say that the nurery for Pup is still largely just a room. Over the past couple of days we have removed some furniture that we were storing for others and have given it back. DH just took outside a chest of drawers that I am going to sand this arvo in preparation for staining. The carpet cleaning guy is coming on Friday to do the carpet and then things can start to be moved back in.

We aren't painting or anything - have got some wall hangings - so once the carpets are clean and the drapes are back from the dry cleaners, then it really is a matter of just assembling nuresery furtniture and taking it into the room. ATM the glider chair, the change table, the pram, the sheet sets etc are in bags and boxes in our hallway. It looks like we are moving house!! I have also gotten around to ordering a new mattress for the cot, which should be here by Friday, so at least Pup will have somewhere to sleep!

Also have to organise getting the car seat fitted, or we won;t be able to get the baby home!

Hayseed

Sounds like everything is going well for all, it's good to hear good news, can't wait for u/s reports and the 1st birth. Makes it worth while.

Hayseed I know what it's like getting ready but don't leave it too long, my DDs room was our junk room that I was going to clean up when I finished work but she came early and it freaked me out that she wouldn't even have fitted her in if we tried.

I saw my childhood cat have numerous litters of kittens and it is amazing how it all works, they are cleaned up and moving in no time at all!

Take care

HeHe you guys crack me up - all that placenta eating talk. Yeah, definitely not my cup of tea. Sal - was laughing to myself in the PG buddy forum when you got told off. What's the story - are you supposed to carry the baby around while the placenta shrivels up? Mmmmm like you don't have enough to deal with?!

Glad to hear everything is going well for you guys.

Gab - sorry to hear the exam was a nightmare. Wow, so you're still not showing?

Sal - Glad to hear everything is well.

Take care all.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hello all my beautiful pg bellies!

Can you believe I've only just noticed this forum? Man, a bit slow! So glad to see all you guys in here. Makes me all teary knowing that there's somewhere warm waiting for me when my time comes (ever hopeful!)

Have to put in my two bits worth about placentas. When I had my kids, my XH had to take the placenta home, wash it with salt and put it in a container under the bub's cot. This is so my kids would 'always be close', according to his mum.

The placenta had to stay there for 40 days, and then XH had to bury it in our garden. Let me tell you that after forty days, burying it was a challenge!

Just thought you'd like that story!

love
    sushee

Must say I never saw my placenta, and I think I'm glad.

Sal Guest

Sush! Amazing that you let your XH leave it there that long - blerk, just even thinking about holding it, washing it, handling it in any way.... I'm not even that squeamish but let's face it, it becomes medical waste once bub is born!

Hey, there is going to be LOTS more girls in this thread very soon, what with so much going on in the LTTTC thread. I didn't realise how much I'd be wishing and willing all the other girls to get pg (now that it has miraculously happened for me)...it's even more nerve-wracking watching that thread than being part of it.

LOL Tam at your concern I might leave it too late for cleaning the nursery. I think my mum shares your sentiments!!!

After the carpet guy finishes in there on Friday, we will be able to move stuff straight in. And the cot mattress will also arrive by Friday, so the cot should be up. And hopefully, I'll have finished staining the chest of drawers, so they'll be able to be moved in. And then DH has to assemble some other stuff, but won't take him too long. I reckon, we should be in there by the end of the weekend.

The only things that won't be in there will be drapes, but I can either put our (newly cleaned) drapes in there, or hang up a big blanket.

**FYI, we have a phone with caller ID. The phone is currently ringing and says "overseas". I have no friends or family overseas, so you know that it is someone from one of the telecommunication companies using Indian labour to try to convince me to change compnaies. Thanks god for caller ID as we get about 3 of these a day!!!!***

Hayseed

Sal Guest

Hay, caller ID sounds wonderful! Since becoming a full-time student, I have realised how often the home phone rings. I am a serial non-answerer of phones (the home one, anyway, as I don't know who it is 8-[ ). What sort do you have and how much do they cost?

Gee, you like to leave things until the last minute!! I hope you're going to get time to take a nice piccie of your nursery before you actually deliver pup!

At how many weeks did you look pg?

Hayseed, I should probably let you know that I had my DD 7 weeks early, so that's why her room was still the 'spare' room. I only ended up with 1 week off work (if that's what you can call it) before she came.

My hubbies traditios is also to bury the placenta as it is like a spiritual twin of the baby & then usually they don't go to far from the family home...
    Or unties their family ties if that makes csense, but we have discussed cord blood donation & he is fine with that & is not really concerned about not burying the placenta. So we will see what happens, I did look at mine as the nurse showed me all the areas of it with my first & it was interesting (I used to work in a butchers!) so it did not bother me, it was really big & red etc... But my friend whom smoked through both her preg's told me the nurses pointed out where the placenta was grey & holey & dead was from something & she owned up to smoking & they sauid yep that'll do it, she said she felt really guilty, especially as she could see a huge difference in first where she did try to cut down to second where she smoked between 7-12 smokes a day & said about a third of it was grey & holey!!!

That's amazing about the smokey placenta, maybe they need to put that on a tv ad for quitting smoking!

Sal Guest

Yep, that might be enough to motivate a pregnant woman from smoking during her pg!

tiggy Guest

Sal,

Just wanted to let you know, I have the book and disc all packed up for you and will post it tomorrow or Friday, so should get to you early next week. (Bare in mind that I live out in woop woop and everything happens v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y out here)!!!

How are you going? Any nausea yet?

My hcg levels were 19,000! No wonder I feel sick! Ha ha!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast