Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - June 2008

I'm pretty tired this evening (been having lots of fun at the Big W baby sale), so I'll just make it a short post...

I'm loving the avatar too - never thought I'd get to this point, and I just LOVE seeing it there. I'm really spun out that it's actually MINE!

When it comes to clothing... it's really hard to predict what will happen. Some women pop really early, IVF pregnancies can bring a lot of bloating in the early days... I grabbed some pants a size bigger early on. Just some cheap ones, because I figured I wouldn't be in them for too long, but I realise now they will also be handy for after baby. I also grabbed a belly belt (hated it and have never used it) and some belly bands (much more comfortable, but I still feel like my pants are falling down)... I've been fine with the size bigger pants up until this last week when suddenly the buttons on the size 14 pants are refusing to do up! Things seem to start popping out practically over night... might be an idea to start looking and try on a few different styles to see what you find more comfortable. I can't stand the under belly style at the moment, but I can see that it's going to be heaps more comfortable when I'm bigger. Also, look for styles in normal tops that will expand around a belly... I'm at the point where regular tops feel (and look) silly, but most maternity clothing is still rather tent-like, but baby-doll tops and things that gather under the bust are brilliant for now. They are also cheaper than maternity clothing in many cases.

Linda, did your AP use points on your big toes? Because I had so much spotting in my first pregnancy, mine has left me with a moxa stick and told me which points on my toes to heat in case it starts... worked brilliantly with my one little scare a week or so back, and during some really heavy and prolonged bleeds when my body was protesting the pill.

Janie, the food aversions don't seem to ever go away... Hang in there with it all. Just make sure that you are eating. The less you eat, the worse the nausea will get. Regular snacks!

Devon, seriously loving your avatar too - it's great!

Queenh, good luck with the repeat blood test. I'll be praying that all is well.

Going to go catch up on the rest of BB before I flake out now... the carb binge is nearly over! The fast begins in about 20 hours... Dreading that phase of things...

BW

We did do stress on Big Toes and managed the moxa one other time but as the bleed has almost stopped he was more concered about manging stress both he and the FS think bub moved a bit.

Have the moxa stick here though so I may give it ago if in need to thanks for the reminder

Hi everyone Thought I might pop my head in here. We got our BFP last week.
    I was going to wait until we have a heartbeat before I joined in, but I guess that's what this thread is for.... stressed out women hoping everything is going to be ok. It's been 3.5 years of waiting and I still can't believe it's happened.
    I have had some nausea, with the worst being in the middle of the night and keeping me awake, but the last 2 days I have felt almost back to normal which has me worried.
    Had a dating scan on friday, but way too early as I'm only about 5 weeks so all we saw was the sac.
    This is so new to me....having spent so much time focusing on ttc, when it comes to pregnancy I have no idea!! How many weeks generally until we can see a heartbeat?

Megan, generally a heartbeat can be picked up from 6 weeks on an internal scan. With an abdominal scan, you may need to wait until 7 or 8 weeks.

I always had normal days which would freak me out - but you tend to get in a pattern of what to eat and when to eat it that helps keep the nausea at bay. Get out of your routine even slightly and you end up feeling like hell again.

Glad to have you join in, Megan.

BW

Thanks BW. Looks like I have a wait ahead of me. I just had my scan next to where my GP is and I think they only do abdominal scans.
    DH is so excited, like a kid at Christmas but I can't bring myself to be excited until I see that heartbeat.
    Thank goodness for having a busy couple of weeks ahead of me and an assignment due date looming. I need something to keep my thoughts on other things. Although, saying that I realise I am sitting here on BB with my assignment in front of me, and my thoughts are definitely not on that at the moment!

Megan and congrats I hope all goes well and you have a happy and healthy pg.

Megan, a huge congrats to you and DH! Fantastic to see you in here and i hope time passes quickly so you can see that beautiful heartbeat flickering away

Megan - welcome to the thread and big congratulations on your pregnancy! I can understand your DH being so excited! I think it's pretty normal for the m/s not to properly kick in until after six weeks, so I wouldn't worry about it going away - I'm sure you've got plenty of morning sickness coming your way!

I hope these anxious early weeks pass quickly for you.

Wishing you all the best for your pregnancy, may it be healthy and happy!

Devon
    xxxx

Good news no sign of blood at all today so feeling much better

to everyone and thanks 4 sleeps to or scan on Friday

HI Y'all,

Wishing everyone a good week

Megan and congratulations on your BFP! I only recently found out too and it seems to take forever to get to see the heartbeat! Just think of all the time you've spent getting to this point, a week is not long in comparrison. Hope you were able to finish your assignment! I can't talk though, all I think about is how the baby is going.

TL: Glad to hear the bleeding has subsided and hope you are travelling along well. BTW What is a moxa stick?

BW: Thanks for the advice re: clothing. I went and bought some thingies (?!) which extend your pants, so I am ready to take on my expanding waistline.

AFM: I had another bleed on Friday afternoon, went for a BT on Saturday and all is okay. Which I still can't believe. Asked for my scan to be moved from next Monday to Friday, will find out later today. After the second bleed I must admit I was pretty concerned, but the clinic reassures me all my levels are going up. I have come off one of the medications and now just on pessarries, which are pos. causing the bleeding, so I am looking forward to coming off them. Otherwise trying to take it as easy as I can without going overboard. MS is also picking up the pace

BB regards
    from Queenh

Queen H sorry to hear about another bleed but if the levels are rising that is a good thing so you have a naughty baby too (That is what our FS called ours) A moxa stick is a heating group of herbs used in accupunture feels really quite nice

:Hi everyone
    Yay its so good to see this thread so busy. Just hought id say hello!
    queenh: im soo glad alls well, the bleeding is very scary and hopefully its just those silly pessaries, i have heard they can irritate the cervix and cause bleeding, hope it helps but i know a girl who has been bleeding off and on her whole pregnancy she is now 30 weeks, so i it stops when you come off the meds but if it doesnt you can still have a healthy pregnacy, BUT we really dont need the added worry do we
    TL: so glad your bleeding has stopped thats great, i really hope your keeping well with just enough ms to reassure you !!!
    Shannon: how are your gorgeous bubs going i bet it feels like the weeks are starting to speed by now!!
    Megan: congrats on you BFP and hang in there, it is so hard to get excited when youve been through so much to get here. Hope the next few weeks fly by.
    BW: hope the GTT wasnt too horrible and that you are feeling good now youve decided to take it abit easier. I am wondering now if the AC has something to do with so many of us in this thread having some spotting or bleeding, i wonder has any studies been done?
    Devon: hi and yippppeeeee we are now 17 weeks woooohoooo!!!! Dont know about you but it has been really dragging, i think cause we find out so early. I went out with my BF yesterday and her husband said to me oh you must be nearly 5 monthes now and she totally jumped at him and went NO shes only 4 monthes i wanted to scream its been like a year!!!
    Well ive been good still doing water aerobics which is fun just cant seem to find any decent bathers, i am so frustrated with clothes at the moment as i am too fat for normal clothes but too little for maternity, so i have a very limted wardrobe, must admit i dont have much of a belly yet i just look fat
    Got very annoyed yesterday as mum is in the uk and phoned to speak to her she wsnt there so i talked to her friend who i havent spoke to in at least 5 years, and can you believe she gave me a lecture about how "lucky" i was ( yes with an ectopic a missing tube, OHSS, 2 years of meds, needles, blood tests and op's (like i need to tell you girls) Yeah real lucky ! dont get me wrong because i do feel very blessed that on my first IVF i got my BFP, but theres no way id be callin it luck! And then....... I got the you girls should be happy that you got one to begin with (as i already have DS) If she was standing in front of me i would have hit her ( nothing to do with the agro preggo hormones i have at the mo!) Seriously were do people get off!! ANy woo sorry for the rant i told DH and he kinda of got it but didnt really !!
    Well going to go sit in the glorious sun and unwind before i get ds from school. Hope i didnt miss any one!! and great to see everyone doing so well!!
    Oh forgot to say my CS has been booked for 16th of january, not sure im fully decided on that path yet, but if i do that means im half way there yipppeeeee
    Last edited by scooby; August 18th, 2008 at 02:34 PM.

Hi everyone - wow it has been busy in here!

Sorry for the lack of personals, but just got a moment to pop in here. Just wanted to let you know that I had my first OB appointment and I am so happy with my choice! I had used him previously as a gyno, but I had forgotten how amazing he is. The midwifes are just lovely too.

Anyhow, I am happy to say that I got to see my beautiful little baby again today. Measuring perfectly at 8 weeks (15mm) and a strong HB that we got to hear today as well as see. OB was over the moon with results. He said that if this scan is normal then your risk of miscarriage goes down dramatically. So he said all should be good for our baby to arrive 30/31 March 2009.

No wonder I have been feeling so crap - Baby has grown 9mm in the 10 days since our last scan. DH and I are just over the moon as I know you will all understand.

So next step is BT on 1st September and Nuchal Fold U/S on 15th September then OB visit. Then finally we will be able to tell work/friends about our impending arrival.

I will come in and catch up with everyone's news tomorrow.

Hope you are all well - I am walking on air!

Janie xxx
    Last edited by Janie71; August 18th, 2008 at 05:25 PM.

Janie that is excellent news

Scooby good to hear from you almost half way

Queenh, I hope the bleeding has settled down - I had a bleed earlier in my pregnancy so I know how scary it can be . But the levels are going up so it sounds like you have a sticky lil bubba!

Everyone else, I love reading your posts and it sounds like all is fine and dandy - yay for all the courageous LTTTCers!! I am hopeless at doing personals as I seem to have a ridiculously short term memory, so I'll just randomly pop up now and then and say helloo to everyone .

My happy news for the day is that its my DHs birthday which means I can update my signature so he is a little closer in age to me again. Silly I know . I also have bought him a few presents that I have assured him I will be happy to receive if he doesn't like them (win win situation). Currently I'm tossing up baking a birthday cake or lying on the sofa and putting my feet up... hard choice! What would you do?
    Last edited by numa; August 19th, 2008 at 11:38 PM.

waiting1 Guest

Hi All. Hoping you all don't mind me joining in. I am due around 12 april 09 so only 6 weeks. I posted somewhere else about my concerns as my 6 week scan showed fetal pole and heartbeat but FS said it is measuring a week small so I have to go back for scan next Tues. Trying to be calm but beside myself with worry. So scared of what she will tell me. Have been eating more steak than I can bear just to try to help with growth.
    Decided to stay home today and its raining outside so bed is a nice place to be. I just didn't want to stress at work and have to work as well.
    Hope you are all going well - it certainly sounds like it. I don't think I will be calm until I am 37 weeks and the baby can survive on its own. I thought after IVF I would be so excited to be pregnant and i am but wow - the worry..... I didn't foresee that part ! I will read away and get to know what has been happening here so sorry for no personals until I get to know you all. x

Welcome Waiting and congrats! Ahh yes the worry is so unexpected but completely normal and sadly i dont think it ever goes away, we will stil be worrying about them when they are married and having kids of their own!

Will be back later for personals but just a quick update Scan on Monday went well, our little girl is still on the very small size but has grown since last time at a healthy rate so they are just going to keep a close eye on here to make sure she keep growing properly. But they tell me i have very active bubs (no kidding! ) and they are both head down and right up next to each other and kicking like crazy. I am suffering big time from lack of sleep i am getting quite sore and the bubs keep waking me up. But so glad they are doing great! We are 25 weeks today so only 12 weeks to go and 7 week of work! Can not wait to not have to go to work anymore!

Huge to all!

Shan

Hi everyone

How is everyone doing today?

Shan - having two little bubs in there kicking away all the time sounds exhausting! Good to hear that your little girl has grown a bit, hopefully she will keep growing at an acceptable rate. I hope the remaining 7 weeks of work pass quickly for you, you're really on the countdown now!

Waiting - congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm sorry that the scan has given you so much anxiety, I think most women worry a bit, but pg after LTTTC can be agonising. I hope that your next scan goes well and bub has caught up a bit. Those u/s machines do have a bit of a margin of error, so hopefully that's all it is.

Hi Numa - how are you going? Did you end up baking the cake, or did you choose the lounge??

Janie - great news on your scan - congratulations! You must have been so relieved. You're getting there, not too long till you're 12 weeks.

Scooby - I agree, it's definitely dragging. But then sometimes I really can't believe I'm 17 weeks. Just really, really want to get to that 20 week scan. When is your next scan? I can't believe what your mum's friend said, it would have been very tempting just to hang up on her. Where do people get off telling you how you *should* feel about anything. Best of luck deciding whether to go the c/s path or not, I read your other thread, that's a tough decision to make, but you've still got plenty of thinking time left.

QueenH - great to hear that your levels are still going up, that's the most important thing. Hopefully it's just the pessaries causing it. I hope you are going well today.

TL - glad to hear that the bleeding has stopped. Best of luck for your scan tomorrow, I'm sure everything will be fine. So nice to have that reassurance, can't wait to hear how it goes.

Miss_C - how are you doing hun? I hope that little bub is treating you well and you're feeling good.

BW - how are you doing? How did you GTT go? I must check in on your blog.

Have I missed anyone? I really hope not. Quite a few people in this thread now ? it's great!!

I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting for my 20 week scan. 19 sleeps to go. Still don't think I've felt movements. It's so hard to tell, because there is a fair amount of gas going on, but sometimes I feel like it's not like anything I've felt before, so perhaps movement. So confusing. Feeling a bit anxious, I just want to know that my little baby is OK in there.

Devon
    xxxx

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast