Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC - June 2008

Welcome Babymiracles! And congratulations on your pregnancy! Those early weeks are so hard. Hopefully your 7 week scan will be here before you know it.

Sending you

Devon
    xxxx

Welcome, babymiracles.

Just want to let people know that I'm still here and still reading but I really don't have the head space to reply properly at the moment. Things just don't seem to be getting better here... I'm sick of red meat, I'm sick of taking so many tablets for apparently little to no effect! I took yesterday off work sick and I'm feeling a little better... but still far from bouncing and overflowing with energy. Work is being wonderful and looking for ways to reduce my load (and a lovely colleague has cooked us some meals that are in the freezer here at work waiting for me to take home) until we get to next term when things get a whole lot easier. Until then, it's strategic use of sick days and relying on the wonderful people I work with and my wonderful DH to get me through. Only 4 and a half more weeks...

For now, thinking of everyone, just finding it hard to find coherent words...

BW

Wink

Hi Devon - great to meet you and thanks for the congrats

Hi BW - thanks for the welcome. Sorry to hear you are feeling so rotten. Hang in there and take care.

Best wishes everyone
    x
    Babymiracles

No worries BM that is what we are all here for sweetie try and realx if you can

BW - I'm sorry to hear that things are still tough for you right now. That little parasite is clearly sapping everything that you have to give, leaving nothing for mummy. I really hope you can get some relief with this iron situation soon. Have you tried Spatone? Liquid iron supplement, supposed to be more readily absorbed than tablets. Recommended to me by my midwives. I'm sure you've explored all the options now though. I hope you feel better soon, nice to hear you've got some lovely people looking out for you at work.

Geez, I am so, so very tired today. And totally over work - I really just don't care anymore. I feel like I just need to sit somewhere quiet and get my head around this pregnancy thing. It's such a fascinating, weird and utterly overwhelming experience!

I hope everyone's doing well today, all 'round!

Devon
    xxxx

Wow it sure is lovely to see so many new faces in here. I wish all the new ladies a wonderful pregnancy and can't wait to see you all graduate into the parenting after LTTTC thread.

BW I hope you start to feel better soon hun.I also couldn't stand eating meat when pregnant with Sage. I can eat it now though thank goodness.

I hope everyone is ok and big to you all

Hi All
    BW hope you are feeling a bit better
    Devon - I understand the tiredness - even before getting pregnant I seem to need so much more sleep than the average person - hate to think what I will be like as the pregnancy progresses - might not ever make it out of bed!

I am doing okay although been feeling pretty down. Just still cannot believe I am pregnant and no symptoms what so ever. Had nightmares last couple of nights about things going wrong. Cannot wait till the 7 week scan to see if things are okay - time is dragging.....

Wishing everyone a peaceful day

Hi Babymiracles

I hope you are feeling better today. I just had to respond to your post - I so know how you feel - in fact I wrote a blog post at 5 weeks and 4 days worrying about why I didn't have any real symptoms! For me the nausea didn't really kick in until about 7 weeks, and my boobs have only slowly grown in size. Its such a hard time these early weeks, wishing you all the best . You and bubba hang in there, the odds are that everything is fine

Hi Numa

Thank you so much for reply and for your thoughts. It is very comforting to hear to someone else felt same way (re no symptoms and not feeling pregnant early on). Feeling a little brighter today. Thanks again and wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    BM

Hi everyone
    it is so great to see it all happening in here. Welcome Baby miracles hope the next few weeks fly by for you, it definately is a harder process when youve had AC i still have worrying days.
    Sorry for the lack of personals just so busy at the mo (unfortunately)
    Had my scan last thursday which was so nerve racking but wonderful and its a .......
    little girl which i knew it would be even before i fell pregnant so quite bizarre really !!! Everything else is lookin good placenta is still low but not covering my cervix which is good. MS has come back with a vengence as well as the extreme tirdness, but i must admit im starting to actually feel like its really happening and "slightly" less worried which is great. Hope everyone is well and again sorry no personals but i will catch up soon. Hugs to all!

Great news Scooby, congratulations on your scan an lil' girl . We are nearly half way now! My scan is this Friday, but we have decided to wait to find out - even tho I'm reeally curious and can't seem to get a real strong feeling either way. First I thought boy, then I was convinced girl for quite some time, now am leaning more towards boy again (I dreamt I ended up with boy triplets, and was puzzled as they hadn't all shown up on the scan!). I secretly would love a girl at some stage, but will also dearly love a boy - just hopefully either or! I had a good laugh at a line from Kaz Cook 'Up the Dufff' where she says people ask "are you having a boy or a girl?" and she replies "yes, I believe so".

Also a belated congratulations to queenh on your gorgeous twins! So glad everything is going well for you.

How is everyone else going? Must be busy, or tired, or both....

Hi girls

Scooby - congratulations on your little girl! Very glad to hear that your scan went well, but sorry that the morning sickness has come back. Glad that you're feeling less worried about things.

Numa - good luck for your scan on Friday, hope you get a good look at bub, although not too close a look if you don't want to find out!!

It is really quiet in here, isn't it? I'm just waiting for my scan. Still got 7 sleeps to go, I think I must be having a late one, it's next Tuesday morning and I'll be 20 weeks and 1 day. Feeling quite anxious about it and worried there will be something wrong with bubs. All will probably be OK though Just counting down the days...

to everyone.

Devon
    xxxx

Scooby on the little girl Hope the Ms will ease of a little for you

Numa - Great Line and enjoy your scan too

Devon - 7 sleeps and counting for you and me both I have a 10 week scan next Tues too so will be thinking of you

Me: 10 week scan Next Tues spotting has eased off quite a bit so hopefully that will be it for scares for us Things going well starting to belive it all now

I know that I don't belong in this thread as yet, but I really just wanted to say that each and every one of you inspire me that although our journeys may take time you are all the proof in the pudding that in time it works.
    Sorry for my waffle but seeing these posts keep me going on those bad days and I just wanted to say thanks and good luck with your pregnancies and am sure you will all make terrific mothers

Hello Ladies

Thanks for dropping in Nicole, we all know how it feels and hard it is. I used to do the same thing and found reading people success stories helped keep the dream alive. Good luck hun and i can't wait to have you join us

Scooby - Congrats on your little girl

Numa - Good luck for Friday! Cant wait to hear about your beautiful baby

Linda - 10 weeks is fantastic, enjoy the scan on Tuesday and cant wait to see how bubs is going.

Devon - Good luck next week too I will be eagerly awaiting all the news from these scans, what an exciting time in here at the moment.

Babymiracles - Hope you are doing okay and are getting that much needed sleep and that the nightmares have eased off. It does get better

Huge to Queen, BW, Miss C, Megan, Waiting1 & Janie Hope you are all going well.

AFM - growing rapidly and definately feeling pregnant. I have the waddle down pat and i fear the end of being able to shave my own legs is near babies are being very active and its facinating now they respond to things. I was at a work conference interstate last week and every time the room started clapping the babies would kick for a good 5 minutes. I have the GD Test on Friday also skipping straight to the long version - how did you find it BW?

Have a great week ladies

Shan

Urgh! The GTT was horrid! Definitely make sure you have someone to drive you home. Make sure they have food with them when they pick you up! I had one before I was pregnant and was pretty ok, just dizzy at the end. For the one I had a few weeks back, I ended up spending the majority of the time lying on a bed in one of the collection rooms with a sick bag beside me. I got extremely dizzy extremely fast and felt really bad for ages. DH met me with an apple danish, and then made me eat something protein-filled afterwards and I recovered fairly quickly. However, I did need him to help me to the car afterwards because the whole walking in a straight line thing was completely beyond me. Driving would have been downright foolish!

But... all this, and my results were fine!

At work for now, so can't say much more. The baby is active and happy, and is fortunately much quieter than on the weekend where he drove me stark raving mad and kept me awake all Saturday night! All is good apart from the anemia on my side of things.

Back to yelling at unmotivated year 11 students, will try to remember to get back later tonight, but I have acupuncture so it will be pretty late before I get home.

BW

Shan - Lovely to hear about the active twins will try not to clap too much around you for the next few weeks

BW - Thanks for the info on the GTT I was thinking about that earlier this week at least now I have an idea.

Me not much have caught on my tax moving into new clothes and bras as things are starting not to fit kind of exciting too

to all have a great day/night

waiting1 Guest

Hi All

sorry been gone for a while. I have been soooo exhausted. The other night went to bed at 7pm and then woke up at 9.20am. Devon I am with you. I just find it so hard to drag myself to work each day - seriously. I am ready for maternity leave at 8 weeks.... hmmmmm
    Have first ob appointment tomorrow. Feeling anxious again even though had 7 week scan monday before last and all was fine.
    Seriously, is 12 weeks like the longest thing you have ever had to wait for. What is with that? when y ou are on holidays time flies but when you finally get pregnant one week is like a year.
    My main symptom is tiredness. Some waves of nausea usually about 10 mins or so and not all the time. Sore boobs on and off but just tired. I can't bear to prepare food or clean or do anything. the only thing I am doing is walking from the city home each night (about 40 mins) or 50 when I am slow coach.
    It is good it is so quiet here and all of you seem to be doing well. I have a look at another forum as well and there is a due in group so lots of ladies due at the same time - and about 5 dropped off in the past week. That scared the crap out of me.
    I seem to get anxious before each scan ever since my 6 week one. Nice to be getting out of ivf land and into ob land though - each step is a step closer !

Anyone coming up for scans etc. I am so envious of you ladies finding out sex ! I wish that were me !!! I am so excited to meet my baby and there is about ohhhh 32 weeks left..... hmmmmmmm
    Love to you all. Sorry I have been such a slacker.

Waiting (for ob appoint) x

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast