Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - Oct / Nov 05

Jo,

Don't know the answer off the top of my head, so will consult my little library of tricks and get back to you in the morning....

Good Morning ladies ( couldn't sleep #-o so a very early morning hello)

Thanks Gabby and Jo

i really think some Gp's like putting the fear of god in to you maybe for personal enjoyment who knows not nice though

5 more weeks and i get to see bubs again and hopefully get to find out the sex then

Jo ~ i hope your kitty issues are soon sorted out and the little thing is feeling better soon

Shell ~ just to answer your question it was a local GP that told me that about the bub HB

any way i am going to attempt this sleep thing again don't like my chances but got to at least try 8-[

Jo,

I have looked up my books - are u asking about treating the cat or people??

The books really just talk about treatment of people - if the infection is mild and there are skin lesions in the skin, scalp etc, then application of a topical antifungal is enough to start - ie any antifungal cream such as ones you'd use to treat tinea. If it does not heal up with the antifungals, then you need oral antifungal drugs and depending on the strain of ringworm determines the duration of treatment - from 2 weeks to 3 months.

They stress adequate hygiene - clean dry feet, clean hair, cutting any nails affected, hair in the affected areas etc. It does not talk about home hygiene routines per say, but I guess your idea of bleach/clean and vacuum would be sufficient. The spores like any dry skin area, particularly any damaged skin with cuts etc. The infective phase is not over until all the dry skin in the ring lesion has been shed.

Hope this helps, it is all I can come up with - maybe a search on the internet looking more at pet care and home care with a sick pet may help.

Well, back to more painting!!

Take care and have a good day ladies

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Jo,

I had an outbreak of ringworm when I bred cats yonks ago, and the best idea is to try to apply a topical cream morning and night to contain the spores. I know with cats, they tend to try to lick it off, so if you can get some oral medication as well, this should kill it good.

You probably will find that bleaching everything will not contain a spread, best probably to treat lesions on humans as and when they occur. The cats bedding should go straight into the wash every night (so having two or three bits of bedding would be handy) but if they sleep all over the house, this may be difficult. If you confine them to one area, say, the laundry, until the area heals, you'll probably find that that will be the end of it.

Treatment on humans is much easier, as obviously the cream doesn't get licked off, though it can take a while for ringworm to disappear, especially on area like the tummy or hair (where you tend to sweat) so washing the area morning and night and reapplying the cream will help.

love
    sushee

Sal Guest

Hi girls,

Gab, good to hear you're still around, was wondering how our resident 'lady of leisure' was going. Sorry to hear that you're stressed about work, training etc. Must really stick in your craw to come up against an old boys network in this day and age. Hope it all resolves and you will be able to combine mummyhood and training. Were you moving to QLD to do it (I seem to recall you mentioning something like this)? You're a brave soul, if so... the health system gets a daily bucketing in the news without fail up QLD way! Glad to be back in good 'ol NSW, must admit (no offence to any QLDers 8-[ )

Shazz, glad you are finally reassured.

Jo, hope your kitten gets rid of the ringworm quickly and that you and family don't get it (sounds yucky, though I've never had it).

Well, mini update from me: apart from studying (oh, so sick of it!) I did go and see my GP for a 28w appt. BP is excellent, bub is head-down (I had NO idea how he was lying other than he makes my ribs ache) and I appeared to be measuring at 30w but actually this is just because the uterus is so high (common in first pregs, apparently). I'm going to do my diabetes test this arvy, so that's excellent, too. I'm chuffed that all is going well. I have been hanging out to reach the magic 28w milestone, and can hardly believe I'm here now!

Just a quick one... getting excited to see Gab posting more often... not long now, matey!

Hope everyone is rubbing their tummies and telling their bubs Keen says Howdily Doodily!

Morning Ladies,
    second night of not sleeping arrrrgh

i tried to get on last night but the power went out again ](*,)

i went back to my Gp yesterday as she wanted to check that the bleeding had stopped she did some poking around checked BP checked bub's Heart rate 140bpm then she was feeling up the sides of the uterus and proceeded to tell me that she thinks that the placenta has come away and there may be a blood clot sitting behind it 8-[ freak out mode again so off i go for the seventh US in 13 weeks #-o the Us lady was dumb founded to why she would say that but everything was fine bub was having a ball chucking back flips heart rate was 156 bpm (mine 190+ 8-[ ) no blood seen ovaries still way to large for what they should be ( this is what the US lady thinks may be the problem with the pain ) so back to hear god only knows what next time Oh and she thinks i have another UTI so yay something to look forward to
    sorry for the rambling
    and after a little sleep hopefully i will be able to catch up with where you all are

Have a great day ......... it's friday \/

Hello Ladies!!

You poor thing Shazz, sounds as though you are going through the wars a bit there. Not sure about your GP.... but I guess at least the U/S should be reassuring for you. I sincerely hope that the spotting and pain starts to settle soon, and you can start to enjoy your pregnancy a bit more!

Shannon - thanks for dropping in!! How funny that you imagine each lady dr to be me.... Hope they all looked suitably fat and pregnant, LOL!! I am sorry to hear you are spending so much time at the hospital with Jess - how is she going?? Speaking of male world, well, you don't see too many female surgeons around the place, hey?? I guess there is a small group of us (but I am the only problem, sorry pregnant one...) so I guess they will have to get used to it one of these days! Will check out your quilt shortly!!

Sush - how are things with you?? Still so exciting to see that ticker under your name!! Still makes me smile!

Keen - where are you up to?

Big hello to everyone else!

Gotta have my little selfish time now - we had a bit of a scare last night and realised - WE'RE NOT READY YET!!! I was having lots of braxton hicks, seems to happen more frequently when I am tired, but then I started to feel nauseous, hot and sweaty and they felt like mild period cramps..... about 7-10 mins apart lasting about 40-50 seconds. Felt really tired and I just thought this is not it, if I just sleep, it'll go away...... Hubby was upset with me because I did not tell him for the first couple of hours, but then I did, and he timed them, and it took another two hours till I went to sleep... I did not ring the hospital because I thought they were just a false alarm (did anyone say drs were the worst patients? Along with nurses??), but it has given us the idea that we better get organised, lol. Get the car seat fitted, that sort of thing....

Reading my books, I guess this would have been a bit of prelabour, and it says that you can get this for days and weeks prior to the birth, or it can turn into the real thing... HMMMMM. I keep telling Squirty he is not cooked yet...

Well, better have some brekky, sorry about my rant, but it was kind of weird...

Have a good morning!

tiggy Guest

OOOOHHH Gab,

That does sound like pre labour a bit.... it can go on for a while, I niggled every day for a week before full blown labour started. You sound so sensible, the midwives would have just done what you did at home, timed and monitored.

You are almost 36 weeks, they wouldn't prevent labour if it did come on. Hang in there.

Hope you get some much deserved rest today. Don't work too hard and I hope those male surgeons, realise what they've got with you on their team! Any woman who can work the hours they do and grow a beautiful baby at the same time is a super woman in my books! They should be thanking their lucky stars instead of cussing your ability to have a baby!

Shazz, Your GP...hmmmm...I would be not going near her for a bit, stick with your ob. IMHO, she is adding fuel to the fire. I know how you feel. I take everything on board too and it is hard to block out the stuff that is negative and damaging. I hope that you get some much needed sleep too and that you feel 100% better. Hopefully your ovies will settle too now that you are not on the prog.

Sorry girls, I'll have to go back and catch up on everyone else. I DO know that Sal, you have reached that magical 28 weeks! YAY girl!!!!

As for me, have spent the last couple of days in the hospital (no Shazz, not the mental hospital) although, it could have been.
    Iron levels are right down, as are my stores (you can be low in iron but have good stores) the funny thing is, I have been taking iron since I found out I was having Noah and Ivy, so they looked at my ability to absorb and that is 3. Lower side of normal is considered 15. so pretty low. The good doctor let me go home after I told him I was going crazy but he has given me two weeks on a different iron supplement to get my levels up, otherwise, I'm in there until the twins' b'day and I'll have to have iron infusion (which I have heard along the grapevine is not very pleasant). To top that off my BSLs are all over the shop but they are making me do the diet and excercise thing first before they give me insulin. Oh well, only 8 weeks to go, I'm sure I can do this.

Sal Guest

Tiff, gee I hope your iron levels come up, so that you're not a permanent hospital fixture til the end of the year (how booorrrring would that be?!?!). Fingers crossed diet and exercise does the trick for your BSLs. How is your DH going to manage with all the kids when you have your long stint in hospital?

Shazz, your GP sounds like a disaster...seems that everything he/she has scared you about has been wrong. I'd be shopping around for another carer if it were me. Who knows, perhaps you'll even be able to pack away your straight jacket 8-[

Gab, pre-labour sounds very exciting, not long for you to go now! I've been thinking that I'd like to do a 'Princess Mary' and have my bub at 38w, sounds like you might be doing the same. Are you getting a baby capsule or one of those full converting child seat things?

Hi all, hope your Friday is going well. Is a nice sunny day here, not as hot as yesterday, thank goodness. I am actually sending my hired doppler back today. Had it nearly three whole months, and it was great. But now I feel bub enough that using the doppler isn't needed for reassurance. Though must admit that DH is horrified when I jiggle my belly to get bub to move if I haven't felt him in a while! Am I being very norty doing this, or does every preg woman do this????

Thanks Tiff on the vote of sensibility! In a way it was kind of humourous - my poor hubby quickly consulting all the books... Then he said that my medical books were a bit too grown up for him!! Poor thing, he could not go to sleep because he was too focused on listening to my breathing in my sleep. He said he could always tell if I was having a contraction because apparently I breathed up a bit... What a sweety.

Poor you with the iron levels. Iron infusions aren't the most pleasant, but they are the most effective way to get the old levels up, but lets hope that the new supplement will bring you up a little bit. The worry is more long term, because it takes a long time to rebuild your stores again.

Oh, and YAY on having only 100 days to go!!

Sal - we have bought one of the reversible seats, friends of ours had the same thing and it was fine for them. I am just worried about fitting it in my car - it seems a bit loose, and having it behind the passenger seems to make the passenger seat too squishy ( I drive a 3 series beemer, so maybe it is a little small). Since we will most likely make all baby trips together with hubby particularly at first, I am not sure I will fit my legs into the front LOL!!, and sitting behind hubby in the back seat is just as bad, LOL! So, I will take it to a fitting station just to check we have got it right or if there is a trick to it, and then we may need to get a capsule just for space reasons till we swap hubbys car over to a bigger one.

How is everyone else today??

Oh dear Shazz, I'd be going to an obgyn if i were u, or at least another GP. When I saw my GP in between obgyn visits, i asked her somethings & she said i'd rather leave that to the experts, don't want to give wrong/incorrect advice.

Tiff, gees, ur gonna be sick of hospitals soon, hope that the new iron supplements work.

Gab, my gf (#1=9wks) had been told at 33.5wks to lay down & rest as bubby's head was pushin on her cervix, she started getting braxton hicks on/off from 35wks, delivered naturally 39wks. Hope bubby hangs in there, not long to go.

Wow we are all just flying along... good to see... :-)

Well couldn't help myself yesterday, had my morph scan booked in for 29/11 (20wk4d), but rebooked it for 17/11 (18wk6d), the receptionist didn't want me to rebook any earlier than that despite her saying they do them from 18wks, just they prefer not to do them b4 19wks, gees i'm getting impatient, can't wait to find out flavour, hehe.

Oh & we splurged on a digital video camera last night, our combined xmas pressie from each other (JVC GZ-MG30).

Hi Girls,

thanks every body you are all doing a fantastic job keeping me semi sane so thank you =D>

on the Gp issue i had to take in my scan results today and she apoligised (sp) for yesterday and we talked about my anxiety levels etc etc and she and i have aggreed that if she wants to double check that the bub is alright or in grave danger that she sends me for the proper testing or to a more qualified doctor for further assesment before making me stress like this again so i feel a bit better about the whole situation and yes i do have another uti and she wants to wait for the culture results to come back before another dose of antibotics so soon i don't feel like i have any symptoms so i was happy with this
    i hope you all have a great week end i'm off for a girls night out to an all male review ( 8-[ i'm the driver these days ) sounds like fun though watching all the 60 + year old's blush #-o

Some good results Shazz. As for UTI's, I'm still fighting thrush & think it has now caused a 4th UTI, bugger, obgyn aptmt is Mon 7/11.

Sounds like a lot has been happening in here, I'm just going to add to it in a minute......

Thanks a lot for your info Gab & Sush on ringworm. They have been confined to a smaller area of the house, the laundry, playroom and hallway. Still has carpeted areas but I'm looking into a disinfectant that is ok for soft furnishings. Also found a laundry rinse at Safeway that kills 99.9 % of all bacterias. (Canestan laundry rinse) So will be using that on all of our washing.

We had the same problem with our convertable carseat when Jack was born. I was driving a duel cab ute at the time and the only way a passenger could get in was if they were a dwarf. We hired a capsule and to tell you the truth it was the best thing we did, they are just so convenient. This time, even though we have a bigger car (and are still looking into something even bigger) we are still going to hire the capsules for ease.

Today i made an *emergancy* doctors appt as I just didn't *feel* pregnant, hadn't had any movement for a few days, hadn't been night wandering eithor. Anytway my usual dr is away this week so had to see one of his learning doctors, or whatever you call them. It was so funny, she couldn't believe that I still hadn't booked into a hospital yet, and told me that her cousin had just had twins last night at 29 weeks. Then before she got the doppler out she wanted to book me in for an u/s as she was worried that she wouldn't be able to find the hb. This was at 4pm on a Friday afternoon! While she was waiting for the imaging place to get back to her she had a go but just couldn't find them. To tell you the truth i was starting to have alittle stress. Then they phoned back and told me to get my backside down there so they could do a quick scan. Everything is ok, two little hearts going mad, the sonographer made them wiggle around but I still couldn't feel anything so it must be a positioning thing or because of the placenta being at the front. *phew*

afternoon all
    hope you are all enjoying your weekends

went to the all male review last night and i am soo so tired today
    i didn't get home till after 1 am ( i am usaully in bed by 7.30pm ) so i feel like a wreck today but a good night all the same

Jo ~ i am so glad that they could get you in for a scan and that everything is all right

oh and i am loving having my own doppler it is a great reassurance but can also be a bit stressful if you can't manage to find a HB straight away but patience always wins out and i have been able to find one every time i check now

Shell ~ bugger about the thrush Hon hope it is going to ease up for you soon

Just a quick Question ~ has anyone heard of anyone getting morning sickness at 13 weeks+ cause OMG i feel like crap #-o

oh so quiet in here (((((((((((((((where are you all)))))))))))))))) #-o

seems everybody is resting their beautiful bellies.... hope you are feeling a bit better Shazz

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast