Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - Oct / Nov 05

Hello Lovelies,

Gab - Hope things are well with you and that you have enough time to finish what you're doing before the little one arrives.

Sal - Wonderful news that your BP is down (along with the baby's head). Sounds like it's all going swimmingly! Now once those dang assignments are out of the way ...

Tiff - You poor pet ... Hope you are feeling better. I have the same problem with iron stores, even when not pg. For some reason, my body can't hold onto it. I can only imagine how you feel with two little ones sharing those limited resources as well. Hope you are doing okay.

Shazz - I would sack your GP ... seriously. She's scaring you half to death and that can't be good. You need calm reassurance at this time. Hope things are okay with you.

Shannon - Hi there and thanks for your good wishes! Yes you will see me at the BellyBelly event. Looking forward to it!

Shell - I know what you mean about wanting to find out the sex of the baby. It's only one week till my u/s and I'm looking forward to it. Think of it ... we'll be able to address the baby by name!

Keen darling - how are you sweets? Sorry to be MIA but maybe it's the warm weather that is luring us all outside! Melbourne Cup is today so we have a public holiday and would you believe it is going to be TWENTY EIGHT DEGREES!!! On Cup Day!!!! In Melbourne!!!

The sun was out properly yesterday, no wind, no pollen ... it was beautiful. Makes all that waiting through winter worthwhile.

Hope everyone has a lovely day. Talk soon.

Mel

Yes very quiet in here! Shazz I got morning sickness back at 13 weeks and just about felt worse then than before!! I know it's bizarre but it did go away after a week or so! Hope you feel better soon.

Hi Mel - Good to hear from you, not long till your scan now!!!

As for me anyone know a good, safe remedy for hayfever? I never get it but have it so bad at the moment it's driving me nuts...and DH! Also apparently being pg makes me snore like a trooper!! Funny aye, ahhh revenge is sweet and I;ve still got 4 months to go!

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,

Thank you all so much, I'm feeling alot better today after seeing my two baby elephants on u/s!

in the first corner we have Noah William weighing in at a hefty 1143g (yes, you did read that right) and in the opposite corner we have miss Ivy weighing in at 1032g! That's the 93rd centile for my big heffer boy and the 73rd for my baby hippo girl!!!!!!

Placentas look good, lower segment has stretched up already (gulp) and is thin (double gulp) but is intact! (YAY) So all is well in uterine land. Now just have to get on top of the fainting and the blood sugars and we might just make it!

Mel, it's good to see you back in here, look at your ticker fly!

Shazz, Sushee, how are you guys?

Amy, I heard that pineapple is good for allergies and hayfever (?)

Sal, hope that you are not studying too hard!

Tam, how are you?

Shell, hoping all is well with you, when is your scan?

Gab, have you had little munchy yet????? Where are you? Hope you get everything done that you need to.

Jo, how are your little bubbas and how are you?

Keen, waiting for you to join us, there is a special seat in here just for you

Whoah Tiff! You have some very healthy bubs growing well and strong there... soon you'll be holding them both... ooohh how exciting!

Amy - no ideas on the hayfever sorry - but LMAO at the snoring! Finally a little revenge!

Mel - I can hardly believe how far along you are already! So glad to hear was so lovely on your part of the land today. Wish it was a public holiday Australia wide! Cant wait to know if your bubs is pink or blue... Im thinking might be time for everyone to put their bets on the table - I think PINK!

tiggy Guest

I think blue - that is my bet

Tiff - excellent news there and it sounds like you are all doing great.

Keen - I can't believe how far along I am either. It's gone so fast!

Amy - There isn't much you can take for hayfever while pg (your GP will be able to advise though). I use a buffered saline spray a couple of times a day. It really just helps to clear the passages a little. You can also try inhaling a little eucalyptus oil in warm water. It might not stop you sneezing but I think it will help with the sinuses (and the snoring. HA!)

Did you say to DH "Well, my sinuses are blocked. What's your excuse?" =)

Okay, if we're starting bets on gender ... I think Apple is blue and I think Shell's is pink!

Got to run so I'll talk to you all later. Have a good day.

Mel

Tiff - fantastic news that your babies are growing so well, and the placenta looks great, and the uterus is healthy!! That is excellent! Hopefully, your fainting and stuff starts to settle - have you stopped work yet??

Amy - I agree with Mel - not much you can really take for hayfever in pg, but the saline spray several times a day works reasonably well. Not as good as a decongestant, but....

Keen - how are you going. Not long till you start your next cycle - I have all my fingers and toes crossed for a positive outcome. Must be coming up soon!!

Sushee, Tam, Jo, Shell, Sal, Shazz (and everyone I missed...) how are you all going??

Not much to report here. Plodding along. I have joined the land of giant swollen hippo feet, and don't even need to do much to get them to blow up!! Very sexy not!!

We have put a sexy plastic sheet on the bed, just in case something happens early (don't really want to be replacing our new mattress just yet), and it is the strangest sensation sleeping on plastic. I feel like I am at the hospital on night duty stealing a kip on the pts beds... My hubby says it feels kind of naughty!! (Maybe it is practicing for when we are old and need to sleep on plastic because of 'accidents' LOL!!

I have finished painting munchy's room!! YAY!! I need to take piccies of my other attempts at artwork, and will post them a little later on this morning.

Started packing both my bag and munchy's bag. My hubby is so funny. He said I had to put an outfit together for him to go to the hospital in when the time comes - and listen to this, it needs to have his undies and socks and everything so he does not have to be looking for anything, when he is in a tizz!! trying to get me to the hospital. LOL! I had to laugh so much, because I can just imagine. I keep telling him, that it is unlikely to happen that fast because it is the first baby afterall (who am I trying to convince here???)

Anyway, better potter off and have breakfast and clean my kitchen, so catch up with you all later.

Have a great day!

Gab... OMG 4 weeks left!! How did that happen? Oh and btw I think you can safley remove the stick and grow please from your ticker... it won't be long until it's time for little munchy to unstick And I've heard he has grown quite well

Tanya

Lol Tanya!!

4 weeks - I know! I have to keep pinching myself to believe that it is really true and it is really happening to us after all this time (but not as long as some!). Mind you my bouncing, moving belly should remind me that it is really real every minute!!

Yep, munchy is a good size, ehm. 'this one is not going to be a wimp' in the words of the good radiologist! Last heard he was 3 weeks ahead in size for gestation. But, I guess their growth is unpredictable in these last few weeks so you never know where he'll end up!!

I have loved and love being pg, so I just keep saying to hubby that I pray we can do it again!! (Oh, and I have not even given birth yet LOL!). My hubby on the other hand, loves my belly so much, that he has decided that I should be permanently knocked up until I can't any more...... Not sure about that one!

Hope all is well with you and your little girls! And thank you for dropping in!

My girls are great... growing too fast!!
    It's so great to hear that you are enjoying being pg, now that your body knows it isn't so bad, hopefully it will comply next time
    Are you going to do a belly mould? Sounds like DH would be able to do it for you

Tanya

Mel, good to see u back in here again. Wow, ur scan is so close now, ok, my guesses are the opposite, Pink for u (8/11) & blue for me (17/11) :-)

Gab, wow only 4wks left, bet u just cant wait now. Good idea with the plastic, geez it'd be yukky if 1 of our waters broke in car or shops or on carpet at work/home, hehe. LOL at ur DH's idea.

Tiff, great news on ur scan, sounds like ur twinnies r doin really well. Just hope those iron stores build up so u can feel better.

Jo, great u got that scan so quick, for re-assurance that everything's ok. Hope the kitties r making a speedy recovery.

Amy, hope that hayfever eases up, but not coz ur getting some snoring revenge, LOL.

Tam, how u doin?

Keen, as they say 3rd time lucky, hope u r & bring a stack of the LT TTC'ers too... :-)

Shazz, hope ur doin well, especially with that re-assuring doppler.

well I just bought a doppler too on ebay for $68 + $13.95 postage (angel sounds), same as one my friend lent me for few wks, she paid $110. Well had to take the video camera back, it was so NOT good quality, it was very poor on image quality, got a refund. Seems u can't trust the claims made by salespeople & manufacturer's. Might hold off bit longer now.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

quick post from work:

Blue
    for Mel

Blue for Shell

Pink for me!! (23rd Nov)

Lol!

love
    sushee

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

BTW I'm not finding out the flavour so we won't know if I'm right until....ooohh...sometime in April next year!

love
    sushee

Rosebud Guest

Default hi can I join your thread?

Hi everyone, I was posting on the long-term TTC thread for a while last year. Great to be back and recognise so many familiar names of women who are now pg!

I too am finally 11 weeks (or is it still 10?) after TTC alone. All up had 8 cycles IUI using donor sperm.

Thrilled to be pg, but at the same time feeling anxious that it all goes well ... it was just such a huuuuge journey to get here!

Feel no pg symptoms whatsoever really these days - was tired and hungry at first but now no M/S, no breast tenderness or growth ...a bit of a worry at times.

Having my neuchal fold test in 2 weeks and cannot wait to see the reassuring image of a heartbeat.

Would love to know if anyone else experienced doubts that they were even pg at this stage!

Welcome back Rosebud!

Glad to see everyone is going along smoothly!

Gab - i had to laugh at the plastic sheet!!!

I'm hot, tired, uncomfortable and something else but I cannot remember what!?? I have pains in the belly, just the stretching pains and they are starting to drive me a bit demented.

Had a dr appt on Monday and everything is going along well, my normal dr found the hb straight away! Must be his vast experience or age lol!

The kittens are growing v-e-r-y fast. They are still contagious, so that might be a reason why I'm tired, all this vacuuming and mopping of the floors! House has never been so clean and tidy!

Take care everyone!

Hi Rosebud - Great to see you in here, hope you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy a bit after your scan. I think it's perfectly normal to be feeling like you do, I think we've all gone through that in here so understand completely how you feel.

Jo - Yay for your DR and finding the heartbeat. Sorry you're feeling a bit yuck. I had pains in my lower belly a couple of days ago, think it was stretching - I can only imagine what it's like with two in there! Must admit I need to get cleaning around the house but have absolutely NO motivation. House needs to be very clean around birth time because of our home birth but think I'll have to bite the bullet and get in cleaners, cause at the moment I can't be arsed doing it!

I am useless at the gender prediction game! All my womanly instincts have been completely wrong in the last 5 months so I'm going to say blue for Mel and pink for Shell and Sush. You can just about guarantee it'll be the opposite!!

Shell - Glad to hear you're well, bummer about the camera - hope you get a new one sorted.

Well if it wasn't for this hayfever I would be great, but I'm not going to complain anymore! Have tried everything I'm allowed to try - homeopathic drops, pineapple and nothing really works so I'm just going to grin and bear it!

Take care everyone.

Good morning all

I have tried to read up on all the posts, but boy there were a few pages.

I am back from our hols. It was great, I LOVED the weather. Especially where we were, as it is always another couple of degrees warmer than Melb. Furbabies had a good time and the twins got a bit of sunshine too.

I had my Glucose test yesterday, so should find out the results tomorrow. OB appointment tomorrow morning. The drink I thought was fine too, I didn't mind it, but boy it sure made me very tired.

tiggy Guest

Hi Rosebud! Welcome Back!!! Congrats on your pregnancy. Hope you can pop in from time to time and give us an update!! Good luck for your NT. When i had my first set of twins I didn't have one day of MS not one. I guess it is different for everybody and different for every pregnancy.

Amy, Sorry to hear that the pineapple didn't work. Hoe that hayfever leaves you soon.

My bet is Blue for Mel, Pink for Shell and Pink for Sushee too. OOHHHH can't wait to find out!!!

As for me, well I started on t he dreaded insulin yesterday and told that I needed to stick with the iron. Asked how I was coping and when I burst into tears the doctor thought counselling would be a good idea. MMM, I would just prefer a good level of antenatal care myself, a nice midwife/doctor balance.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast