Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - September 2005 #2

I have just remembered that I didn't post all that I wanted to say, Cailin *hands in the air* my brain has gone mushy also!

I have HEARTBURN oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    It plagued me in my last tri with Jack, and now it is here EARLY ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH .
    I HATE heartburn, I never get it except obv when I'm pg! Here comes the milk and here comes the weight again. *haveing a little mutter to oneself*

Today I also "harrassed" DH to go to Northlands, quite a little hike for us. I wanted to chq out babyco and baby target. Both were crap in the way of choice for twin prams, cots etc.. Babyco had one twin pram that would have fallen apart on the first trip down our driveway and the only one that baby target had was the valco. Okes in shepparton had about 6 twin prams and several twin strollers. I found it amazing that a country store had more stock than a city store.....unless of course there has been a big run on twins?

DH didn't like any of the cots, said they were too flimsy, so we will eithor get the exact same as Jacks which is a convertable thing or something very very similar.

I wasn't impressed with the range of linen that I have been seeing eithor, I like bold bright colors like the bright bots range, which Jack has a duvet cover etc of, or a couple of the kidsline sets look alright, but we would have to order over the internet, babybunting is just too far away, we would have to camp overnight lmao!

All was not lost though, spent an obscene amount of money in pumpkin patch and brought a pack of cloth nappies 8-[

Shazz - Apart from the heartburn and the moods, we have been going along pretty well so far.

Yeah Jo - I think the father makes one brand and his son the other - not sure which. I LOVE Pumpkin Patch, they have the coolest stuff and quite reasonably priced I reckon - so easy to spend heaps of money there!

Keen was wondering where and how you were, hope you are resting up and building a nice thick bloody lining for your precious bubs!!! Sorry, that's what my acupuncturist used to say and used to make me chuckle for some reason!! - are you doin a HRT FET??

yep, sure am Amy. Hoping I follow in many of you guys footsteps as far as FET successes go!

I have also noticed the limited ranges as far as nursery linen goes, Jo, and its not very impressive (most of it looks pretty much the same). Fortunately I already have a whole heap.... in boxes..... waiting....

Have not really looked at twin stuff before but I get it can be frustrating with the limited ranges. Ive been told before that the big chain places usually dont have as many as the smaller ones.... dont know how true that is though?

Jo - Errrk on the heartburn!

Tiff - I checked out your 3d pics of bean and sprout - amazing how cute they look even at that stage.... AAwwwww!

Shazz - So pleased to see levels are coming along nicely and you are getting the chance to relax just a little bit more. Im sure after tomorrow's ultrasound, you will be able to take yet another sigh of relief.... By the way, interesting about the general anaesthetic causing liver problems ( 8-[ )....

Gab - Not much longer now... Must be exciting/scary to be at the top of the summary list now!

Sush, Mel, Cai, Sal, Tam, Shell - hope you are all doing well, and being pampered and well looked after and getting bigger, beautiful bellies by the day!

Most definately Keen ~ i was like oh what ... why .... how .... so she went through all the things that could cause a Liver function test result like that and soon as she said general anaesthetic i was like pheww i can rule that one off the worry list , Hope your US and BT goes well you'll be joining us in no time \/

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Morning all!

Keen, hope you're getting used to posting in here....

as for me, I can't believe I'm past the 10 week mark already! Now to get to the 12 week mark! (heehee we're never happy are we?)

Sarah, can I update my next scan date please? I've got the Nuchal Translucency u/s on the 6th of October, and my 19 week scan on the 23rd of November.

Jeez, it seems so far away!

love
    sushee

PS my ticker with my kids' pic wasn't ticking, so have had to boot it!

Congratulations Sushee on reaching 10 weeks, A big YAY. A quarter of the way there, well done.

Sal Guest

Hi girls, quick post from me (am supposed to be watching over a chicken, to stop our dogs eating it...looong story).

Jo, I hear you on the heartburn, I've had it since 14w and it gets me down a bit. I take Rennie tablets for it but that only alleviates it for about 5 mins.

Shazz, good luck for scan.

Geez, we are all motoring along in here, amazing!

Hi girls!!!

thought I'd drop in and check up on you all. It's been ages since I've spoken to most of you and I'm glad to see things are progressing along nicely!

Jo, I had shocking heartburn too and I ended up going on Zantac tablets (from the OB) because NOTHING else would work and I couldn't sleep. Also, I hear ya on the god awful range of baby things at some places. We ended up going to Baby Bunting to get our pram and car seat. At the superstore in Bentleigh (I think??, you can check out address on web) there is the most AMAZING range of prams, pushers and strollers. Almost every make and model known to man. I know it is a bloody big hike for you (us too) but the range is well worth the trip. It was a whole day thing for us. Also, this store has an excellent range of linens, toys, cots (nursery and portable ones), high chairs and just about everything else you can think of. I'd highly recommend visiting there when thinking about purchasing stuff.

Well, my little man will be 11 weeks this week (OMG!). The time has just flown by. Going to be TTC #2 at the end of the year. When we decided on this, it seemed so far away, but now it seems so close.

Hope you all stay well.

Luv
    Hayseed

Awesome Hayseed, wow that has gone quick. We too have decided to TTC for #2 when #1 bubby is 6mths old, clock ticking & all that & keeping ages close together... hehe

Hope everyone's well. Mel, not long til your NT scan & your morphology scan Jo.

Hi ladies,

I don't know if this will help any of your baby shopping needs but there is a new baby bunting that has opened just near highpoint.

Take Care all

Racheal

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi girls,

I had a doozey of a dizzy spell on Sunday and though I'd call Dr. I've had them in all three previous pgs, because I start to become aneamic when I'm pg. Thought I'd better have a chat with Dr about it.

Anyhoo, he wasn't there, but his receptionist thought it might be good idea to go see him on Thurs, after he receives my triple test results. Do you think I should try to convince him to do a quick scan while I'm there?

love
    sushee

well very interesting scan today

bub going strong measuring 7 wks 3 days and 2.4 cm and then doc thought he has found another sac but couldn't make out a strong heart beat so back for another scan in 2 weeks but every thing is looking good according to him so stress levels slightly lower

And Sushee yep i reckon you'll get that scan ~ if you ask sweetly and not while you have the doctors tie in your fist screaming at him ( 8-[ from experience that does not work )

Shazz- Glad the scan went well. It's very strange of him thinking he might have seen another sac? Did you transfer two? If not, do you think you might have fallen al la natural at around the same time? It would be nice to have another set of twins here, just to keep them going!

Hayseed - Yay on Thomas being 11 weeks! Time does fly. I can't believe that my little man is now 2.5! It seems like only yesterday when he was a bub. He's grown into quite the young man now lol, the other day we were in Target and he opted for the three pack of thomas the tank engine undies instead of a matchbox car LOL! He hasn't stopped playing with them, it's so cute. He has to pull them out of the pack, show whoever is around, try them on one leg, then he stuffs them back in the pack.
    We are picking up our kittens in two weeks, they come from Mornington, and i think Bentleigh is kind of on the way, so we might stop off for a look then. I have had a look on their website at various things, it's all just a matter of being *bothered* to actually go and do it.

Sal - Yap, rennie & mylanta are not very good for pregnant heartburn. The last time I just drank loads of milk, raised the top of our bed up on yellow pages and did a lot of whinging! Have not had any today so far, cross fingers!

Sush - Yay on 10 weeks \/

Shell - Yep, i have another scan in a couple of weeks, no date as yet, am seeing my doctor on Monday, so will organise it then. Had my BT to check iron levels etc etc today yucky needles!

Hi Girls,

I think I'm back in the Land of the Living this week so it's time for a post. Had the nuchal translucency scan yesterday and everything is fine. Apple was waving his arms like mad and posing for the camera. DH has scanned in his picture so I will finally post it on his site. It is a still of Apple apparently raising a can of Pepsi to his lips (like father, like son). Yes, I'm still thinking Apple might be a boy but won't know for sure till the next scan at 18 weeks.

Jo - I checked out the places at Northland too ... I agree that the range of stuff is pretty limited. I can't seem to find any nice soft baby towels at the moment so I'm still on the lookout.

Sushee - I'm sure the doc won't mind if you ask for a scan. My last one was just a quick scan in the obstetrician's office. Hope you don't have anaemia ... something else we have in common! Also hope your triple test results are good and you can rest easy.

Zap - thanks for the tip with the new Baby Bunting store. The Highpoint one is closer to me and after the reviews given by others, I think it sounds well worth checking out.

Hayseed - I know I've said it before but Thomas is just lovely. Can't believe you're ready to go again with number two, but I guess when number one is such a beauty, who wants to wait?

Keen - Good luck pet and all sorts of good wishes for your FET. Can't wait for you to join us.

Shell - thanks for thinking of me and I hope things are going well for you too.

Sal - Are you watching over a live chicken or a cooked one? I'd say your chances of keeping the dogs away from the latter are pretty slim. Hope things are going well down in Ballina.

Shazz - great news about the scan and I hope that eases your mind a little. Sounds like all is good with your little one.

Humphrey - how's that wait going? Hope you will be joining us soon.

Thinking of all you lovely ladies ... Tam, Gabby and everyone else I've missed. Hope you all have a good day.

Love,

Mel

Hi Jo,
    yep we had 2 little embies transfered so it is a possibility either way i am happy as a pig in poo \/ the next 2 weeks are going to go soooo slow i just know it,

hows everything with your bundles ? hope the heartburn is being kind to you ..

Sal Guest

Shazz, yay on great scan!

Mel, glad to see you back in the land of the living...is the m/s tapering off yet?

Yep, agree with Hay and Shell, I'm planning on TTC #2 as soon as possible after #1 pops out...as it took so long to fall pg plus biological clock tick tocking away, I figure that I need to take any chance I can get of having another one. Gee, I get ahead of myself, don't I?!?!?

Oh Mel, the chook was (and is) a live one...one of the hens became broody so it was being segregated from the others (apparently this 'cures' them, or at least teaches them a good lesson!!). I needed to watch and make sure the dogs didn't try and dig into the temporary cage it was in.

Well much as I'd love to natter, I didn't get any study done last week (due to the move) so now I'm a bit behind and have two assignments looming. Back to the books *sigh*

Just my story on TTC number 2. Would you believe I started trying 2 months after DS was born! AF came back after 2 months (despite only breastfeeding) and my Doc said I was O again so tried straight away. All those stories where you hear of people falling PG naturally after IVF as "your body know what to do now". Crap - didn't work for me Lol. But at least I gave it a shot before IVF again. So you go girls! I'm sure your DH's won't complain

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast