Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - September 2005 #2

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Shazz, great news about your scan. Will be hanging out the two weeks until you get some definitive news about the other gestational sac....how exciting!

Also will definitely take your advice not to get Dr by the tie when I ask for a scan on Thurs!

Hayseed, am so glad you've popped in. My mum asks about you all the time, and I must remember to show her your site. She really wants to see Thomas. I told her that he's beautiful!

About planning for the next one, I told DH that I'd like to go back and transfer our last snowbub blast maybe 8-10 months after this little'un arrives. For me, it'll be trying for #5, which I suspect frightens DH a little bit! Lol! But if that fails, I have promised that we won't try again, and I'm happy with that. This little'un is a gift I never thought I'd get to have, so am quite happy if he/she gets to be the spoilt baby of the family!

love
    sushee

Great to hear from you Mel and glad to hear you're feeling better - great news about the scan too - LOL at the pepsi drinking.

Also great to hear about your scan Shazz, wow imagine if you had twins on board too...that would be very cool.

We will probably start TTC #2 reasonably soon too, seeing it took so long with #1 - although maybe I'll change my mind after the birth!!

I've been feeling rather "normal" lately which of course makes you worry a bit. Is anyone elses belly small one day and big the next and then small again? Presume it's nothing to worry about.

Take care everyone - happy chooksitting Sal!! (you're a crack-up!!)

Shazz, thats excellent news on your scan. Can't wait to hear the results of your next one.

Sushee, can't hurt to ask for a quick scan. Yikes on the dizzy spells, hopefully u don't get them when driving. Can't wait to see that preggy avie.

Mel, yay on the scan, that's great, can't wait to see that pickie. Now the 6wk wait to find out the sex/flavour.

Sal, hope that chooky stays alive, hehe.

Amy, glad u found ur ideal pram, that's 1 big decision over with, but a happy one.

Well have my 3rd UTI since late May & thrush yet again (so sick of getting this repeatedly over last few years, incl a severe bout in the middle of our honeymoon, hmmm, just what we wanted, TMI). Well been spotting daily since Wed & started to panic again, so spoke to obgyn yesterday, he's happy to re-test my 3 clotting antibodies (& said take 1/4 aspro / day in meantime) & said he'd be happy to do a weekly quick scan if it will put my mind at ease, but I said no, I've already had 3 & the 4th is in 2wks. He even said I don't mind talking to you between visits to answer questions & help aleviate some anxiety. He said I'm likely to spot regularly at least in the 1st tri, possibly longer & GP said she wouldn't be surprised if my 20wk scan shows a pouch of blood amoungst the placenta, where it would be leaking from. He also said he'd be checking my cervix size at my next aptmt. Feeling good about it all again, so close to that 12wk mark now.

Hope ur all well.

Oh, & u know that friend I was talking about back in June, the 1 that started TTC around the same time as us & fell 1st go (just like her mum & sis's) & that she told us they were TTC #2 few wks after my surgery & she was already 2wks late & is never late. Then we didn't hear/see her for wks, just her hubby & when asked him, he said they'd decided to hold off for a while. Well Fri night, they came over & showed us a 3D u/s pickie & I said cool was that when u were 20wks. They said no, that's from today, 18.5wks. So she fell 1st go again. They only just started telling people, coz she was sick of everyone saying how far are u & she can't hide it now as is starting to show. She said they didn't want to tell us till we were 3mths. Don't know how I missed it, happy for them though.

Hi girls,

quick post, but am getting anxious about the scan on Thurs now, about asking Dr for one (which knowing him, I know he won't refuse) and also whether everything's okay. Damn, I've been so good at keeping my nuerosis at bay and then today I feel like I'm losing it.

Also, how long from the time you emailed Kathryn did she get your av changed? I emailed her a week ago with not only my pg belly change but also other changes. I now feel guilty for being a bossy boots!

Argh, the day is crawling. I hate waiting!

love
    sushee

Hey Sush that happened to me for my 1st av, then followed it up few wks later. Her email to BB had gone astray, hence why it hadn't been updated. This time, I just put a post in the 'Avatar' forum instead & whammo, next day had it. Try posting here instead for av changes: http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/view...=242683#242683

Mel - Good to see you back, i have been thinking of you. Glad that the scan went well....isn't it nice to hit the 12 week mark. I don't know about the towels, but I brought some face washers from Big W ages and ages ago and they wash up beautifully, they are still very soft, I see no reason why their towels will not be the same. They just won't be baby ones, but I used proper towels (and still do) with Jack anyway.

Sush - way to go on the 10 week mark! Thats fantastic! I would certainly be doing all i could to persuade doc to do a quick scan.... :smt062 ..... Im impressed your neurosis stayed away as long as it did (kidding! .... sort of.... !). Im sure Kat is onto changing you to be a glowing pg av as we speak (I mean type).

Mel - so very happy to also see you hit the 12 week mark. Have you told family/friends yet? Looking forward to seeing your u/s piccie. By the way I saw some beautiful baby towles at Myer the other day...

Shazz - good to see scan went well.

Sal - hope the chook survived ( 8-[ probably best not to ask, I suppose!)

Can totally understand the TTC#2 so quickly after #1 - why the hell not!? We've all done our dues and waited for so long already.

Hey Keen Sweetheart - not long for you now, glad to hear your lining and everything is looking good. (Was checking up on you in LTTTC!!)

As for me, had a bit of a sooky day yesterday - so not like me either but I'm blaming it on the pg hormones (why not!!). Just felt depressed and weepy all day and have no idea why. Dh is involved in musical theatre and has a show opening tomorrow night and even though I am involved too I haven't seen much of him. Also, he has a few romantic scenes in the show which normally don't really bother me but at the moment they turn me into a woman posessed!!! :evil: Anyway to cut a long story short my darling DH bought me a bunch of flowers and wrote me a very very sweet note about how much he loves me and how he can't wait to meet the baby.. so of course that made me cry too!! Anyway I am MUCH better today and plan to stay that way for a while!!

Hope you are all well!!

Take care

Amy,

I wake up and swat DH is I have a dream that he looks at another chick! And that's when I'm not pg!

love
    sushee

Awwww hugs, Amy. These hormones of ours are a real pest at times. I'm so glad that your DH brought you some flowers to make you feel better. I love getting flowers, I don't get them that often so when I do it makes it even more special.

Good morning girls,

Shell - hope everything is all right and the check up goes well. Your doctor sounds like a real peach and very reassuring.

Keen - thanks for the tip about the towels (DH has some Myer vouchers hanging around coincidentally) so we will take a look there over the weekend. Look after that lining of yours!

Sal - Thanks for asking about the MS ... it's tapering off a fair bit now. It is really only just if I get very tired or delay eating for too long. I've found a fruity ice block works wonders and a squeeze of lemon in iced water is also good for some reason.

Sush - love the new av! Don't think I mentioned that I liked the photo of your kids on your ticker. They're very nice looking kids too. How's YOUR morning sickness? Hope you're hanging in there.

Well my relief at passing the 12 week mark has been dampened somewhat by some disappointing news from a friend yesterday. She has been trying for a baby for several years now. She had a miscarriage last year and it was devastating for her. When I started IVF, I kept her in the loop on everything I was doing and she was the first person I told outside of my family when it worked. Yesterday, she told me that she had conceived twins around the same time I did but both have now miscarried. It is so disappointing and sad, particularly since we have both been trying for ages and it would have been kind of special for the babies to be born so close together. I hope the tests they are having done now will resolve the problems and they can go on to have a live baby next time. She's 39 this year so I hope next year will bring some happiness for her.

Thinking of you all and I will post again soon.

Mel

tiggy Guest

Sush,

LOVE your AV!

Mel,

So sorry to hear about your friend, it will be hard for all of you. Fingers crossed that things get sorted for them really soon.

Lol! I have my new av! I love the fact that it looks exactly like my old one but with the belly!

Thanks girls, but I have to admit, Kathryn deserves all the praise for making me look for better than I do IRL. Except for the belly. That's pretty close already! Lol!

Mel, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It's funny how some things seem like kismet (like the two fo you falling pg together) and it makes it even more sad when it goes awry. I hope her time will come and her experience when she finally has her bub will lessen the hardships of previous losses.

As for my ms, all but gone now. Only comes to visit around 8pm in the evenings, and I'm usually nodding off by 9pm, so not long to suffer. What has taken over is the pain in my hips and joints from the stretching of the ligaments, and I have - at 10 and a 1/2 weeks - developed the duck waddle already. This happened with Zaki too and I ended up being nearly immobile by 30 weeks, unable to get out bed, or a chair, or from my car unaided. If this continues, leaving work early may be mandatory, not just a wish.

Aside from that, am also having a visit with my Dr today so I'll get to see bub again today! DH can't get out of work, which is a shame, but he'll be there for my Nuchal Translucency scan in 2 weeks anyway, so that's not so bad, I guess! Shell, you have nerves of steel to refuse a weekly scan. Don't think I would be able to!

I hope everyone is well! Hearing about all the baby shopping is making me feel like hitting the shops!

love
    sushee

Sal Guest

Gosh Mel, that must be hard for your friend, and also for you, I think there's a sort of 'luck guilt' that us long-termers feel when WE fall pg and we know of other long-termers who haven't made it yet. Anyway, that's how I feel, I just want all the long-termers to fall pg and join us in this thread and have a wonderful pregnancy.

So glad to hear that m/s is tapering off, hope it is for Sush, too.

Sush, your av is cute!

Well a little update from me: my coccyx is on the mend, thank goodness. I have a special pillow to sit on and am now very vigilant about sitting still or in a bad posture for too long. My heartburn comes and goes, seemingly unrelated to what/when I eat. My bump is growing, though strangers would not notice that I'm pg yet. The bump is lopsided, though!! When I went to my last ante-natal clinic (with my new GP) he couldn't figure out the position of the baby, which makes two of us! I feel kicks either up under my right rib or down low in my left side, so that accompanied with a right-sided bulge makes me think my little man is lying at a 45 degree angle across my front! I was complaining to my mum about being lopsided yesterday, and poked at the bulge - she told me to stop poking the baby!

OK I have to get a whole assignment done today...*sigh* it's already 11am and I haven't started. Right-o, must crack on with it.

Hope everyone is well today, I just can't believe that Mel is already 12w (a YAY for making that milestone!) and we are all motoring on. Gosh, at some point I'm going to have to come to terms with the reality that I'm going to be having a baby! Yikes!

Sal Guest

Oops! Posting at same time as you, Sush! So glad m/s has settled down. Good luck for your appt today and I hope you can sweet talk the doc into having another look at your bub!!

Keen, oooh goody, not long til ur transfer, & hopefully a BFP.
    Mel, so sorry to hear about your friend, hope they sort things out for her & it happens quickly.
    Mel & Sush glad to hear that m/s has eased up. I ate a juicy fruit ice block (or whatever their called), the long stick ones, the other day & it went down real well. Also find eating a Tangello helps (also called Mineola), kinda like a cross between an orange & a mandarin, but juicier & sweeter, yummm. Although I haven't had m/s anywhere near as bad as u both.
    Sush, yay on the belly av. I kinda got a bit of a belly IRL too, finding some of my clothes just aren't fitting, even wore my maternity jeans the other day (just have to roll the waist down few times), no-one noticed. How bout u Mel? Hope u get to see bub again at your aptmt. Cool, our NT scans & our tickers are 2 days apart.

Amy, hope those hormones ease up soon. Cool, flowers & an emotional letter, DH's can be sooo sweet sometimes hey!!!

Sal, bout the LT TTC'ers, I totally agree. Hehe on poking your bubby. Oooh, only 4mths to go, ur flyin by.

OMG, only 2mths left for Gabby. Hope ur not feeling too uncomfortable & overworked.
    3mths for Tiff & 4mths for Sal & Tam. It must be so good to be over that half way mark.

Hi All

Very very busy at work ATM. Just wanted to pop in an say gday and YAY Mel on reaching past 12 weeks and Sush on your new AV!!

Sush - I am SO much loving your av preggy belly! Adorable. Glad to hear your ms has all but disappeared. Time to start to relax and enjoy.... (and get shopping too ). Big yaye on getting to see bubs again!

Mel - that is really terrible fr your friend. And must be a bit hard for you too. Fingers crossed that they find some answers very soon.

The lining is being very well looked after - DH keeps call me his little heart-shaped kitten - he thinks its cute that I have a heart-shaped ute, yeah, sure, if you could see it and it didnt make things that much more scary (think he is just trying to make me feel better about the whole thing). Cant believe you have passed the magic 12 week mark - that, my friend, is cause for celebration!

Sal - good luck with the assignment. Im sure you'll just toss it together in no time and blitz it 8-[ .... . LMAO about your lopsided tummy too!

Shell - I tell you I'll be posting in here before anywhere else as soon as I get that BFP.... and I WILL get it!

Im at home sick from work today - last night had terrible (sorry if TMI) non stop violent vomitting from about midnight to 6am this morning. Now have a shocking flu as well - cant believe my luck that I would get them both at once.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast