Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - September 2005 #2

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

quick post - late for picking my Dh up from work - scan was great and I got to see the little'un, who was wiggling and squirming. Dr is very happy but accidentally tore through the picture he printed for me! So no pictures, but happy anyway.

Hope you're feeling better Keen, especially before the big day on turesday!

love
    sushee

yay Sushee i am so glad the scan went well \/

Sush - Love the belly, did I miss it last night?

Mel - It's pretty hard to take sometimes all these sad stories about. A girlfriends niece has just been induced at 22 weeks as they found out her baby had potters syndrome(?)(kind of kidney failure) if she had gone full term her baby would only have lived for a couple of hours and they advise to induce earlier in these circumstances. It's very sad and I sobbed my heart out for her, even though I had never met her.

No news here, had a arvo nap today, very tired and very moody again. I've had it up to my neck with my DH and alternativily want to punch him or divorce him. Or possible both? The heartburn is coming and going (thankfully) so i'm pleased it is not a constant thing atm. And my bloods came back saying that my iron levels are pretty low, so now have to take a supplement. I'm already taking a pregnancy/bf pill but have to take the seperate iron as well.

Sush glad the scan went well and you got to see your little one.

Hope everyone is well.

I had my OB appointment this morning. I have a low lying placenta but will have another scan at 28 weeks to check it out again. Otherwise everything is great!! Baby girls HB 150 B/P, boys 160b/p, all normal. Blood pressure perfect and no swelling for me. I weighed in at 62 kgs so I have only put on 9 kgs so far, which doc tells me for twins is great. Fundal height measuring 28cm, in otherwords measuring belly size of a 28 week pg but only 22 weeks really. Bubbas both measuring 22 weeks also. So all in all so far so good.

sush - Glad the scan went ok, I think i forgot to post about it last nght.

Tam - WOW 62 kg!!!!! I wish I was 62kg, I'm too embarrassed to pop my weight on now, I think I have put 9 or 10 kg on though as well. Great that your appt went well. You have certainly skedaddled that old wives tale of boys hb less than 150 and girls over! Glad that it is all going so well for you.

Has anyone had trouble sleeping lately? I was awake from 3am this morning, then fell off to sleep at 6am, then the alarm went off at 630am. Prior to waking up a t 3am, I was up at 130am for a wee. Needless to say I had to have a sleep this afternoon with Jack.

Hi Jo,

I had really bad insomnia with Zaki, and even now, if I don't get to fall asleep when I start to nod off at about 9pm, I then can't sleep until past 1am. Hopefully you manage to have alternate days of sleep so you don't get over tired.

Tam, excellent news about the scan. So nice when everything's going great guns!

Some silly women sprayed perfume all around me in the office (yes I'm still at work!) and now I'm feeling sick to my stomache. Must complain to my boss about it! Lol!

love
    sushee

It's been soo quite in here hope every one is enjoying their weekend

Lol, Jo,

Talking about insomnia, guess who couldn't sleep last night until 2am?

Grrrr

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Hello Shazz!

love
    sushee

Hello Girls,

Just got home from the hospital (work not baby, LOL), hubby has gone to play golf, my mobile is silent (what a bliss) so I thought I would post and let you know I am alive (just....) and all is well.

I am getting a bit tired with work and all, still doing about 80+ hours each week, 12 days on, 2 days off so I am just not finding the energy to post very much. I am so sorry, because I miss you guys!

I still have not had time to start on the nursery, but we have bought a pram and a cot last weekend. Still have to do the rest, but it is exciting!!

3 more weeks of work.... if I make it that far. I am getting very swollen legs after operating all day, so might have to restrict that if I can...

Hope every one is really really well, I will go and catch up on the last few pages.

Miss you all, hugs and belly rubs!

Gab - Glad to hear from you. I know your a doctor and that, but you should really be starting to take it a bit easy. 80+ hours a week is so not good, surely the hospital would understand..............but then again, going with all the crap that is occurring at my local hospital, perhaps not

Sush - Don't you just HATE it. I get really cross with myself and that just makes it worse. Glad to report that I had the best nights sleep last night for ages, only got up once for a wee and woke up another time very briefly. Unfortantly a 2.5 year old woke us up at 550am as he was excited to be going to visit his nanna!

Gaby so glad to hear from you but not good about your huge work hours. At least you only have 3 weeks to go - you take it easy girl.

As for me I discovered my first stretchmark on my boob this morning...not very happy about that. Went out and bought some oil immediately and will now bathe in it every day!!

Take care everyone.

Amy, Lol about the strech mark. I have got heaps from my first three (when I was young and didn't care) and so I figure what's a few more?

Jo, I had another night of very little sleep last night, but am heartened that you managed to get some shut eye.

Gabby, so good to see you back, my sweet, though your schedule sounds horrendous! I sit all day and I'm still figuring I ain't going to make it to 34 weeks! You wonderwoman, you! Hopefully the next three weeks goes quickly for you, or you decide to chuck it in early. Either way, I'm hoping for some relief for you soon. I cannot believe you're only a couple of months away from seeing Munchy!

I'm off to try to sneak in an arvo nap if I can, but will see you lovely ladies tomorrow!

love
    sushee

Amy - Oh no........but hey, be proud of them

Sush - I wonder if it's the baby/s bouncing about that is somehow keeping us awake? I had another good night last night, hope it lasts another night or two.

Had my next dr appt today, everything is fine. found the heartbeats again which was great as I was back in panic mode. Another appt in 4 weeks time and my next scan at around the 10th October, but I will probably have it the Friday before. As usual, celebrated by going baby shopping......

6 days to go...........................

Gab - so good to hear all is going well with you. Cant believe the hours you are still working - you must be SO ready for a break! But I suppos it probably has made the time fly by much quicker (mind you only feels like yesterday when you announced your BFP)....

Amy - hugs to you on the stretch mark, honey. It sucks, but Jo's right - at least you have good reason to be proud of it.

Jo - glad to hear you heard the heartbests again, bet thats reassuring. Hey 10th Oct is my birthday, so trust me it will be more good news

Sush - Hope you get yourself some sleep soon... you should have slapped that lady with the stinky perfume - thats just wrong!

Well, hopefully for me I will have two little strong embies on board tomorrow.... you guys have to keep everything crossed for me, so I can finally become a permanent fixture in here!

Keen,

Good luck today! I figure that as I'm typing this, your snowbubs are already safe in mum's belly! Now is our turn to distract you in the TWW!

Jo, I reckon my insomnia may be from the hundreds of hours I slept in the previous four weeks -nodding off at 7 in the evening and sleeping like a log until 7 the next morning - that my body is rebelling now! I've overloaded on sleep, and now I'm paying! Lol! That's my theory anyway. Yours must be bubs having a party in there at night!

love
    sushee

I reckon the insomnia comes from the weird-arse dreams you have when pg! Last night was just one freaky dream after another.

Jo great news on the dr's appointment, we have our midwife appt on Thurs and can't wait to hear the dush dush again.

As for the stretch marks, I figure I have and will continue to earn them so I may as well embrace them...Eek.

Anyone else notice that if you type a swear word like arse, it automatically comes up with a symbol - arse arse arse!!!

Sorry moderators, I think that is really clever, especially with my potty mouth at the mo.

LOL Amy, crack me up. Yep, I have to agree on the wierd arse dreams. As for the stretch marks, yikes, that's 1 thing about pregnancy that I'm not lookin forward too, but it comes from a good cause. I'm using 'Bio-Oil' from the Chemist (was in 1 of those preggy mags & my friend has used it on her back surgery scars) & Vaseline Intensive Care pump pack (Yellow bottle) daily at the moment. Not using very much of the bio-oil though. Hope it helps.

Jo & Sush, I to wake up in the night. End up nodding off now between 9-10pm & every morning seem to wake between 3-4am, only to nodd off again at 6am & to get up 40mins later. Apart from the loo trips in between.

Keen, awesome, your on your way to that magical BFP.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast