Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ December 2005/January 2006

Humphrey - Another one has to admit to snickering about your DS who was probably only trying to help mum hehe

Trish - I actually have a small fibroid and it has been there for a long long time, in my case it wasn't the cause for the infertility and it didn't pose any problems with my last pg or this one. And one of my babies is measuring about a week ahead of the other and the Ob was not concerned about it at all.

Tam - Can't wait to log back in after christmas and see if there is any news.....................

Sush - Hope your doing ok with the heartburn, it's a bugger at times.

Sal - Hope you get your computer problems fixed.

I had another scare yesterday with the lack of movement on one side, so drank a couple of cans of cold coke which produced only half hearted kicks. So I went to have myself monitered and all is ok which is a weight off my mind. It didn't help that I had three people in the last week commnet on how I didn't look pg with twins, and that i was too small. I wish people would keep their crap comments to themselves, as if I don't have enough to worry about.

And for the good news.........I have my new car yippee! DH brought it home on Thursday and surprised me with personalised number plates and a bloody snorkel, I have been doing a lot of singing of "many rivers to cross....." just to wind him up hehe.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone if I cannot manage to get on here before so.

Shell have a great holiday.

Trish PMSL. You have a smart boy there.

Jo glad the babies are ok

Still nothing happening here.

Hope you all have a GREAT xmas!!!

Merry Christmas Day Ladies,

Life is just a little busy at present - having christmas for 30 people over here (my hubby's immediate family), so will have to catch up soon!!!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Hi Gabby
    bet Tomas was absolutely adored by everyone and more gifts than you fit in his room

Jo - glad your bubs were okay

Tam - rest up we are on watch

Hope everyone else is resting up in the heat today and that you all enjoyed Christmas day

Oh no, I have put my back out Just aching unless I put a foot down the wrong way. I now resemble an old lady shuffling along. It has come at such a gooooooooood time. I'm seeing the Dr on Thursday so hopefully he can FIX IT! I'm suspecting that it might be ligaments/muscular??? Because of the extra hormones floating about causing everything to weaken, have I got that right??? Bloody pain in the arse. I need a wheelchair or a zimmer frame hehe.

We had a wonderful Chrissy and hope everyone else did too.

Hello Lovelies and belated Christmas greetings to all ...

Tam, are you feeling the pressure of being next in line with all these virtual eyes boring through your back? =)) I am preparing lots of hot water and towels as we speak (who knows what for ... I've seen too many old movies).

Trish - darling I hope you are feeling well and not suffering too much in the heat.

Jo - bummer about the back. Mine is a bit iffy too. Have been doing some exercises to keep problems at bay. Hope the doctor can help you on Thursday but I'll bet it feels like forever until then.

Gab - 30 people! Where did you put them all? Hope you had a good time and weren't too exhausted!

Hope everyone is having a good break. It doesn't feel like a Monday today!

Love,

Mel

tiggy Guest

Hey Mel!

CONGRATS on hitting double figures!!! Not long now til William arrives!

Tiff, nobody is more shocked than I!!

I think I will have my hands full with him. He's busily trampolining up and down on my cervix as we speak (and probably using the cord as a skipping rope). He's ready for his walk. Thank goodness for the Hug a Bub so we can keep this up after birth!

Hope those lovely little ones of yours are in good form and that you all had a merry Christmas!

Mel

Mel, Zander was the same with the trampolining & aerobics alll the time!

Sal Guest

Hello girls! Hope everyone had a lovely xmas. Mine was very relaxed, just eating, more eating and being by the pool (was very hot here).

Tamwatch continues... hope you're not going to keep us in suspense like Gab did My prediction for Tam (we are doing predictions of arrival dates and bub sizes in the Jan buddy thread) is New Year's babies! And they'll be both 6lb or a smidge over.

Nothing much to report from me. My computer is totally stuffed, so I've lost a lot of piccies and other files *sigh*. We can't afford to have someone see if the hard drive data can be retrieved, will just wait until after the move to Canberra. At least now I get to use mum's computer, but in Canb I'll be going stir-crazy without a computer and internet access at the ready!!

Mel, yay on getting to double digits, gee that has flown by.

Jo, hope your back problems get resolved. I have been lucky so far, but I know that if I sit in an awkward position for any length of time I do feel it, must be the preg hormones.

*gulp* the 37w mark looms... it still doesn't feel fully 'real' that I will soon have a squishy squirmy bundle of my own, somehow! I suppose the contractions are there for a reality check, as well as for practical purposes, huh?!?!

Just checkin in on Tam & Sal watch, hope ur hangin in there girls.

Thnx Trish, hehe, what a crack up.

Oh Jo, hope u can relax more now & that Doc can help with ur back. Hehe on given DH a dig.

Wow Gabbie, ur game, 30 people.

Tiff hope everyone's doin well.

Cool Mel, a trampoline, hehe.

DH felt bub for the first time xmas eve morning, 4:30am just after alarm went off, I felt the BH type feelin but this time was only a small hard spot, so asked DH to feel it, then he felt a knee or elbow as bub rolled over, then no more hard spot. Well it was very quiet & relaxin at DH's sis's farm, but they only have horses, cattle & chooks now. Although DH also got a very nice pressie, a speeding ticket (points exceeded now so prob. licence to come) for doin 82km in a 60km zone, 6 points. DH drives that road all the time & they have changed the 80 to a 60 & moved the signs a bit. He got booked within 3 car lengths of the 100 zone speed limit zone. Great.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Morning all!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Chrissy! Sat was hectic for us, with Shay's b'day. We had 9 people over for dinner and I cooked a 5 course meal. Won't be doing that again in a hurry.

But things got quiet after with my three kids taking off with their Dad to Busselton Sunday morning, but not until after they opened their pressies though! DH and I went for a picnic lunch with mu MIL, which was soooo lovely, and then his Dad came to see us that night. After that we spent two lazy days painting the bub's room, catching up with friends, sleeping, culdding etc. Oh the life!

My kids felt bub moving on Sunday morning, and they were so excited I think that it was an added bonus to their Christmas morning! But, as usual, the little'un stops moving the minute his/her Dad puts his hands on my belly, so DH is yet to feel it! Lol!

Jo, bugger about your back. I did that too with Zaki and it's not pleasant. I can't imagine how much pressure your poor spine must be under with two little'uns in there. Please take care, and I hoppe Dr has a good idea on how to fix it.

Sal, WA has not had a 35 degree day yet this year, let alone a heatwave. Poor you, but sitting by the pool so great. My pool is finally beautiful and sparkling but no one's game to have a dip!

Mel, Yay on getting down to double digits!

Shell, poor DH, felt bub move one day, speeding ticket another!

Tiff, Gab, Tam, Trish, humph and everyone else I've missed, I have missed you all and here's to a wonderful 2006 for us all!

love
    sushee

Hello all - gotta be quick because the Monster munch is cranky for his third lunch!!

Birth story is up finally...

Morning All - still here and still pg.

Well we had a good xmas, busy, but that is normal. I wasn't feeling the best however, my ankles swelled right up as did my hands.

All good now, just waiting. Have another OB app on the 5th Jan.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Morning all,

Gab, what an amazing birth story. I am glad everything went so well after the scarey start!

Tam, we're still waiting with you, my sweet! All very exciting for us, I'm sure, but I can imagine it can't be much fun for you anymore.

Well, DH finally got to feel baby move yesterday. And how! Was on the bed last night in my undies when he came out of the shower. He sat next to me and was amazed that he could actually see baby kicking me. My tummy was moving around with every kick. So he quickly put his hand on my tummy and the little'un obliged with three ferocious kicks. I don't think DH could mistake it for anyting else! Lol! He's over the moon. Should have seen the smile on his face!

But the bad news is that in the last few days I seem to have broken out in a rash. At first I thought it was the kero I removed the gloss paint with on the weekend reacting to my skin, but three days on, it's getting worse, not better. So am going to see if I can move my ob appt closer from the 5th of Jan to talk to Dr about it. The itch is driving me mad!

Aside from this, all is well. Tam and Sal watch continues unabated, with Jo watch not far behind! Just over 7 weeks left of work for me. Yay!

love
    sushee

It's about time I came out of the closet officially. Can I be added please:

Forum Name: Humphrey
    State: NSW
    Due: 3/08/06
    Hospital: North Shore Private Hospital
    Ultrasound Dates: 24th Jan
    Gender of Baby: will definately find out
    Baby Name(s) Chosen: Boy - / Girl - ?
    Baby's Website:
    Time TTC: 14 months for # 2
    Number of previous pgs: 1
    Any assistance: IVF
    Fertility Issues: Endo

I shall now crawl back into my hole of MS misery - sorry not to be more sociable. I'm checking every day for news on Tam and Sal though. Take care everyone

tiggy Guest

Hi guys,
    Hope you all had a great Chrissy! Ours was busy with feeds and back and forths to the hospital and chrissy lunch and dinner with the relos.

Ivy and Noah are doing really well! They both had their weigh in today and Noah was 2460g and Ivy was 2310g! They have been weened off the caffeine and they are coming off the Sodium. So far there have been no apnoeas, no desaturations of oxygen and no drops in heartbeats!!!

Today we started on a feeding regime and I can finally see the exit doors of the hospital!!!!! We're starting on two tube feeds to one suck feed today, so 3 suck feeds (BF) in 24 hours, from there we go alternate, then two sucks to a tube, then all suck feeds and once they can do that for 48 hours and have put on weight, we can go home!!! YAY!!!!!! I reckon a couple more weeks and we'll be there!

Tam and Sal, watching and waiting for your little cherubs, hoping that everything goes just the way you want it to.

Sushee, glad to see that DH finally got to feel your baby move and you other cherubs too!! How special.

Humphrey, sorry to hear that the M/S is bad, hope that gets better for you soon.

Trish, how are you going?

Gab, will check out your birth story after this, still haven't gotten to mine yet. Any more pjotos of the gorgeous Tomas?

Mel, I'm hoping to get a couple of those hug- a- bubs from Kelly, just waiting for her reply.
    Can't wait to meet your little guy either.

Shell, Wow, you are flying along now, after a tricky start to the pregnancy. I still remember your BFP!!!!

Jo, hope you are feeling better and your back is not playing up so much. Twin pregnancies put so much strain on your body, don't they? All for a good cause but it can be so frustrating when you don't feel well in your pregnancy.

I miss you guys so much. Was just telling the girls in the NICU all about you all today and thought I would just jump on and see how you were all doing!

Tam & Sal watch still goin, hehe.

Thnx Sush, actually it was the same morning, yeah I actually felt sorry for him, as it was an honest mistake & it is easy to miss a speed limit sign, especially if u know the limit & then they go & change it on ya. Yikes on the 5course meal, good to c u got some relaxation in thou. Oh dear that rash doesn't sound very nice. I get a fine rash on my belly that is more noticeable if anything touches it like a waistband, so wear low waists or dresses. Hope u get it sorted. And naughty u for using the kero.

Gabbie, great story... :-)

Humphrey, hope ur m/s subsides quick smart.

Thanks Tiff, yeah it is hard to believe I'm 25wks tomorrow, only 15more to go, can't wait. :-)
    It's great to hear Noah & Ivy are progressing nicely & u can c the light nearing (hometime) after all the struggles u've had to cope with.

Well my feet aren't fitting in most shoes now, finally found some comfy ones, adjustable width (buckles) slip on HomyPeds with reflexology bumps for under $35, yay. Poor DH is out in the heat again, he just got home from work, where he has to wear long sleeves & pants & then put on overalls overtop of those to work on hot machinery (mobile mech), then he's home to pull down our side fence to save us some $, new one goes up tomorrow. The last 2 arvo's, he had to dig out alot of dirt as our side was higher than the neighbours. Poor DH. Luckily neighbours on other side are away camping so our dogs are in their yard with their dog for a day (got permission) & they said we can use their pool when we like, so he'll be jumpin in that shortly. He's been working like a trooper.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast