Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ December 2005/January 2006

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Sushee - the nursery sounds like it is coming together.Glad the rash has improved.How uncomfortable.

Jo - I feel for you - hope it improves.

thanks Shell I hope to see GP tomorrow. They say different advice - so confusing.

Hi Didge, i hope all continues to go well, and can't wait to see how many "tenants" as you put them have moved in. Godd luck

Sush - Sounds like you are getting super organised there We have almost finished the nursery, well all the basics are there, just a tad more sewing for the quilts, which are not super important anyway and still have to move the futon out of there....all in good time hehe. Hope the rash continues to fade and leave all that smelly stuff to DH!

Shell - I'm glad you are also seeing a chiro, I wasn't sure if it was allowed and was hesitant in going at all. He didn't do anything major, just moved my top half and bottom half in opposite directions, that doesn
    't make sense, but I'm sure you understand?! They concentrated more on the massage side of things. He also told me that if we came in on a regular basis we wouldn't get these problems etc.. but to be fair to the doctors, I didn't suffer from anything like this with Jack.

Didge - Welcome and good luck!

Hope everyone is well, the weather was nice today, only 27, so I was able to cope with it. DH ddi tell me the other day to just go and swim in the dam but I'm sure the yabbies and fish in there will nibble at my toes........

Hi everyone, I'm still alive but still driving that ol' porcelain bus every day. Funny how the mere thought of food makes me gag but I always feel so much better after I've eaten. Poor old DH has been cook so there's been lots of cheese & tomato toasties for dinner. I've lost 2 kilos so far - exactly like my 1st pregnancy. Hope this means I only put on 10 kg like last time too.

No Tam yet? Can't wait to hear her news. I checked the 1st bub born in 2006 and it wasn't her.

Trish - I was relieved to hear everything was OK. You had gone very quiet which usually means you're worried about something. Glad the bubs are well. I can't wait till my NT scan - you must be too.

Didge - welcome aboard. Great to see more girls coming through as some leave for motherhood.

Sal - the last couple of weeks felt like eternity for me. Just do whatever you have to do to get comfortable the bub will sort himself out when he's ready. I remember the midwives in my anti-natal classes saying to get down on your hands and knees if the baby was posterior. SURE!!! And who's going to get our whale like bodies back up from that position - perhaps Greenpeace? And it's a very useful position for doing various household chores e.g. vaccuuming, last minute dusting of skirting boards....

Wow - my longest post in a while - need to have a lie down now. Hope everyone else is well.

Ooh just saw you've reached 10 weeks Trish

Any news on Tam - maybe Nola has heard ?

thanks Justine -just a only a smidge behind me -hope you are feeling better but the nausea reassures me -though I hate the yukky feeling of inbetween nausea and waiting to V.

Yes over a quarter of the way - I have the constant nausea but less vomiting - hard at work today thankfully only Dh & I in office and if there are customers I will be Most vomiting has been last 2 nights right before going to bed and then my throat burns /bad taste even after another brush.

I haven't lost any weight and maybe gained 1kg depends when I weigh myself.

I eat when I feel sick too and it helps somewhat. I still love my food but not everything.

oh what to wear ? - I recently bought two smocked elastic type skirts -not maternity but loose and comfy.I can waer high or low.

Also, I have been wearing sarong and singlet at home for comfort.

Q I have nieces wedding in 3.5 weeks and no idea what I am going to wear - SIL said oh you won't be showing then - quite a formal wedding though and I almost have a half basketball belly now- I will be 13.5 wks by wedding.

Sal Guest

How annoying! My post yesterday was completely lost, what with the error messages. Anyhow, welcome Didge, your numbers are very high, wonder if there are yet another set of twinnies happening in this thread?!?

Speaking of which...Tam wouldn't be AWOL for so long without good reason, let's hope we here the good news soon.

Sush, thanks for letting me know about your pgs, you give me hope for an on-time bub plus one that turns during labour! And Justine, thank goodness someone else has pointed out why in heck a heavily pg woman would want to spend time on her hands and knees!!! It's been mentioned in the other threads and everyone seems to think it's reasonable and do-able. Not by this little brown duck!

Ooh Justine and Trish, you are getting close to the NT scan (and hopefully the m/s tailing off), very exciting!

Shell and Jo, you both sound VERY organised! I am only just starting to get my labour bag packed, and even then I haven't got it and the hospital bag ready to go. I just figure there will be time when the time comes...and if not, I'm going to be the last person in the world who is worrying about admin stuff like that!

Oh, I am getting the baby capsule rented and fitted in the car today (about time!).

Apart from that I am having heaps of vivid dreams, whereby my stomach is like stretchy rubber, so when bub kicks his foot appears to come out and can be grabbed...my mum thinks I'm going mad, but I think I must be having these dreams when bubs is kicking me during the night. At least I haven't had any bad labour dreams yet.

Hey Gorgeous Girls

I am back! Sorry to be MIA for a while. I decided to start tiling our kitchen, dining and entrance area on Boxing Day - took me 4 days of crawling round on my hands and knees only to run out of grout so I'm still not quite finished! Anyway, needless to say I was pretty buggered after all that - it looks **** hot though! We than had people arrive on the 30th to stay a few nights which was lovely BUT I was over it before they arrived - you all know how it is. Lovely to see them but even nicer when they leave...! So DH and I have just had a couple of days lying around watching DVDs as the weather has been crap, so my ballooning ankles have finally gone down and today I'm back at work!!! Can't believe how fast our time off went but not long till I'm finished up at work - hopefully the end of January or mid-Feb depending on how I feel.

Right I'll attempt to do personals!!

Sush - How exciting that you have put aside all your baby stuff, that is very cool. Your belly is gorgeous by the way! We're waiting for our cot and change table to be ready (we wanted it in white so has to be specially painted!!) and for our new carpet to be laid then we can seriously start putting the nursery together.

Sal - Sorry to hear your putas spat the dummy, hope it's only temporary. Not long for you now, am thinking of you heaps and hoping bubs turns sometime soon? Our baby had changed sides at our last midwife appointment and I reckon it's because I spent days crawling round on the ground. It's not attractive and can only imagine at 38 weeks it's nigh on impossible!

Tam - Hoping for some lovely news from you soon!

Tiggy - So glad to hear Ivy and Noah are doing so well, they are just absolutely adorable - not sure if I mentioned that earlier?? How exciting for you all to have them home soon.

Gab - Glad to hear you and Tomas are well. I loved your birth story by the way, you're a fabulous writer.

Jo - Sorry to hear about the hip hope the chiro helps. I am hanging out for a massage but we're so busy at work it's probably not going to happen anytime soon. Yay on the new car too!

Didge - congrats and welcome, this thread is well overdue for some newbies so wonderful to see you here!

Trish - Awesome to see you're at 10 weeks, sorry to hear about the m/s but also know how reassuring it is. Not long till your scan, that will be exciting. As for what to wear to the wedding, I am no help. I have a wedding this Saturday and nothing fits and I can't find anything! But it gets worse because I also have a wedding on the 11th of Feb and the 24th of March! That's ten days before my due date!! So might be reverting to a sack or sheet for that one! I'm sure you're not as big as you feel you look IYKWIM!

Hump - Sorry to hear about m/s too hope you're feeling better soon.

Kas - My DH and I have 'joked' about giving birth to a Jamaican baby because of a mix up at the fertility clinic. But I'm sure the chances are almost zero, like Mel (?) said it's just another worry playing on your mind.

Mel - I think I'm cooking an Olympic gymnast or something. Sometimes I wonder what the hell he's doing in there it gets so violent!

Shell - I hear you on the fat feet and hands, I've taken off my engagement ring and am probably going to take off my wedding ring sometime soon too, but it only gets to high twenties or low thirties here - can only imagine what 40 odd degrees must be like!! Hope you're taking it easy!

OK I really apologise if I've missed anyone - it's great to be back I've missed you all heaps. Anyway here's to 2006, what a great year it's going to be for us all!

Hey Ladies, just thought I would let you know that we are now trying a new system to get updated information onto the intro thread. If you can please email of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Sarah_H - [email protected]
    Sammi-j - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected]

We'll add your info as soon as possible. This way nothing will be lost in the thread.

Thanks lovelies

Oooh Trish, hehe, who knows, u might pop some more, I know I was showing enuf not to fit into most of my clothes at 12.5wks. :-)
    So we have 2 upcoming NT scans then, Trish & Justine, can't wait & hopefully the m/s will have disappeared too.

Jo, yep some chiro treatment is safe, they had to change my treatment methods slightly when became pg. The chiro DH & I now see won't touch u until xrays have been done & he showed us where our problems are & which are permanent & which are not & how much permanent damage we have done by not seeking help sooner (oops) but said it is a long term thing, so the next level of permanent damage would probably take 5yrs if left untreated & gave exercises to assist in keeping things in place (if u do them regularly). He said the usual chiro saying too, that cars/machinery/products need servicing & so does ur body/spine. It is hard to know where to draw the line on those that are for real & those that just want ur money. For me, he uses the actuator (clicker), blocks/wedges (under hips to align pelvis & lie there for 5mins) & neck adjustments occasionally. He doesn't do the push/crack, twist/crack, nor drop table whilst pg. Lets hope u get some relief quick smart :-)

Sal, hehe on the strange dreams, yep I've been havin wierd ones too, funny alot of pg women say they have wierd dreams, must be the hormones/anxiety. :-)
    And wow, only 2 more wks to go for ur official due date.

Yep, still no Tam, could be a birth announcement shortly then.

Amy, wow, tiling, Gab was tiling in late pg too. Hope u didnt over do it. Hope u find something u can wear to all those upcoming weddings, yikes. :-)

Good grief I feel like I've been riding a horse all day, my pelvis is so sore and I have jelly legs. I'm sure I'm walking like a pregnant woman already. My belly has popped already too Trish. I just want to get past the "look at her gut hanging out" stage and into the "aah - she's pregnant stage"

LOL - Justine that is what I feel about my belly

Hello Assorted Spunkrats,

Firstly - welcome Didge and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! Don't worry ... we all feel a bit weird moving over to the pg side at first. This forum is a safe haven after the agonies of LTTTC and assisted conception though so I hope you feel right at home soon.

Amy - fantastic to hear all is well with you. Sounds like you have been putting in a mammoth effort at home to get everything ready.

Shell - Yes, my feet and ankles are looking nice and puffy too. I love your pics ... some good ones of the baby too. And I see you are another talented seamstress like Gab. That little dress is exquisite. I've got an Angelcare monitor on layby too. I asked about it in Recommend a Product and a few people here spoke very highly of it too. It's good to hear you friend also recommends it. I think it looks like one of the best ones around. If you have trouble buying on Ebay, you can get them at KMart and Target for about $179.00 (a bit cheaper than $199.00, particularly if you catch them at 20 percent off time).

Humphrey - Good old DH and the toasties ... Jeff did a lot of the cooking when I was sick too. It's all too hard when you feel like death.

Trish - Hmmm ... not sure what you could wear to the wedding but I hope you find something you like. It would be so tempting to go for mat pants and a nice top but this is a formal do isn't it? Maybe now it is the end of the season, you might be able to pick up a nice bargain at one of the maternity boutiques or something.

Jo - best of luck with that hip. It sounds very unpleasant.

Sush - your nursery is coming along too by the sound of it. We will have to see pictures when you start getting it set up! Oh the joy of shopping!

Sal - hope you are feeling better today and getting plenty of rest. I agree that Tam has been gone a suspiciously long time so I'm hoping for some good news very soon.

I am back into the working life now like I was never away. Only a couple of months to go!

Love to everyone I have missed.

Mel

8-[ I'm also out hunting down Tam, to see if her twinnies are out yet!!!
    But seems thees no news yet!!!

Ok well not long now Sal.... I am keeping my eye on you ladies that i used to hang with!!! hee hee....

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Tam, where are yoooouuu? I hope the twins have arrived safe and sound, and that you're plotting the new pics on your website as we speak.

Tracey, glad to see you're still checking up on us!

Well, obgyn appt for me today, and I'll have to admit to Dr that I never did end up going on a diabetic diet. Oh well! Bub is a little slugglish this morning, not much movement, so I'm glad I'll be seeing Dr as well for that reason.

Carpets are coming in tomorrow so now only does my house look like a bomb's hit it, I'm also looking forward to a weekend of moving everything back in where they belong. Oh joy! (not)

Hope you ladies are all well and I'll talk more later. Started work early so I could leave early to see Dr and I haven't actually done anything yet.

BTW between Shell, Mel and me, looks like I'm going on leave the earliest. My last day at work is Feb 17th! Yay!

love
    sushee

thnx Sush, rub it in why dont u, hehehe, just kiddin :-)

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Shell,

Thank God for saved up annual leave! Lol!

And here I was when I started thinking I could work until I was 37 weeks. P'fah!

love
    sushee

Yup, too right, I'll have 5wks 4d saved up by due date, despite using 2wks last mth & 3wks Aug-Sept. At present, planning on taking all left-over A/L at from 36wks, then to return to work for 2-3mths to get my LSL (5yrs). U can start maternity leave b4 bub born, however can only take max of 12mths... :-)

Shell
    congratulations on counting down to double figures

Do you get any paid maternity leave ?

Sushee - goodluck at Dr's and you could say starting today - impossible over Christmas /New Years for Diab diet

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast