Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ December 2005/January 2006

Sal Guest

Hi girls!

Gab, loved your birth story, was very REAL somehow. Women who have pie-in-the-sky ideas and over the top birth plans should read about a real birth story and realise that it may not go as planned. Ouchie at the episiotomy, I am really really hoping that I don't need that (or forceps, which terrify me, lucky you *only* required ventouse).

Tam, so you're still with us! Bummer about the swelling, I sympathise, my feet have swollen with the heat. I predict you won't make it to your 5th Jan appt, Declan and Rylee will appear before then.

Well, upate from me: I had my 37w midwife appt, I am measuring 38w and my BP is great, all is well. The downer is that bub is posterior I don't know if he'll turn over at this stage. I was advised to sit forward in chairs etc but with my little short torso it is just too uncomfortable to do so. Oh well. DH is spending New Year in Sydney, will be back Monday, so now I have to cross my legs and stop willing bub out for a few days!

Sush, that's great that your DH has finally felt bub kicking! My bub seems to detect whenever it's my DH's hand that's on my tummy and he goes very still LOL!

Humphrey, great that you have joined us officially. I really feel for you with m/s, um did you get such m/s with your first bub? Perhaps you are having a girl (the theory being that girls make one more nauseas).

Tiff, it is so lovely to read posts from you and find out that the bubs are making absolute leaps and bounds. That's so wonderful that there haven't been any health hiccups and Ivy and Noah are packing on the weight. Hope you get them hope very soon. More pics appreciated!

Shell, hope your feet don't swell up too much (shoes are expensive!). Bummer about the speeding ticket, that is such obvious revenue raising, no wonder the public is cynical about such police activities, huh?

Mel, Jo, Trish hope you had a lovely xmas, check in with us soon!

Thanks Sush.

Gab great birth story!!!

Tiff glad to hear that Noah and Ivy are travelling well.

Big hello to everyone!!

Can a Moderator please update my details too please... :-)

Due: 14 Apr 06 (Good Fri)
    Ultrasound dates: 20/8, 31/8, 12/9, 4/10, 17/11
    Gender of Baby: Girl (75% sure)

Happy 2006 everyone. I posted my mthly belly pic too (3 days late). DH finished fencing posts & rails after 5pm yesterday (every post hole they hit rock), now they're back into it again this morning to cut & fit the panels, & it's forecast to be 42c, yikes.

Happy 2006 everyone

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

hello ladies

Happy New Year 2006
    wishing you all and your bubs a year ahead filled with much love,laughter,peace and wellbeing

Sal & Tam - how are you going -hope you have air conditioning. Not long till your hold your precious miracles

Gab - I will get to read your birth story tomorrow

Tiff - Noah and Ivy are little champions and so glad they will be home soon. Go the BF's.

Humphrey - how are you going ? hope you are feeling better

Sush - yay at the movements and your DH's surprise

Shell - hope your DH didn't work too hard and is okay- my Dh had to dig post holes for huge steel posts Thursday/Friday (HOT/HOT) but had FIL's tractor and it was still hard work. Now we have our shade sail up but need more sails- it doesn't cover much.

The nausea is constant - thankfully- not much vomiting - but is reassures me IYKWIM - if I have a good day and no N & V I WORRY - already had another scan last Wednesday after some spotting (though waited 3.5 hours for it -it was worth very scary minute) -babies were okay and I was so relieved. Have thrush now which I can't take anything but acidophilus caps. Will see gP on Wednesday when they reopen.

My anxiety is sky high but I feel alright generally.My appetite is good despite the nausea I just know I have to eat to make my babies big and strong.

Heat is unbearable out of house but air conditioning is a Godsend.

:wave: Amy,Jo, Cailin,Felix,Kelly, Mel,Shazz, Amanda and Flash.

Default IVF baby - can i be 100% sure he is mine??

Firstly HAPPY NEW YEAR ladies.

Ok this might not be the right place to post this so if not feel free to move it!

I don't want to cause any concern to anyone but was wondering if anyone else had had the same thoughts during pg.

On and off for the last few weeks, and the closer I get to meeting our son i can't help but occassionally have the thought or the odd dream that maybe, like a billion to one chance that either my DH's sperm was mixed with someone elses egg and vice versa or that the blast that was transfered back is not ours. I know it sounds silly with all of the preparation that goes into fertilizing and watching them grow before transfer but how can i be 100% sure that he is is ours? Would it be rude or completely insane of me to question the IVF clinic? Would i be out of line to request testing at birth if i felt strongly enough about it?

I am sure it is just another side of the whole pg brain playing tricks and everything is fine but it seems to be in the back of my head. Does anyone have any advice or ways to overcome the fear I have?

Kas

Kas,

I have to say I haven't had those thoughts myself, mainly because our boy looks so much like his Dad already!

I've noticed our clinic describes their OPU and embryo storage processes on their website as a way of reassuring patients. I imagine all of the clinics would have very stringent procedures for ensuring that the right embryos and gametes go where they should. If you can't dispel the worries, maybe have a chat to one of the counsellors at your clinic as that might help.

I think it's pretty natural to worry about all sorts of things as the birth approaches, maybe as a way of displacing anxiety about the birth itself. Also those vivid dreams (and God, did I have a few of them last night) can be disturbing enough to intrude on your every day thoughts.

I'm sure that once you see your beautiful boy, all those feelings will disappear in an instant when you start to see the family resemblance!

Love,

Mel

Hello Lovely Ladies,

Happy New Year to all!

Gab - that was a wonderful birth story. Ditto what Sal said.

Trish - It's great you are still eating pet. It's a strange feeling the sickness isn't it? It's hard to believe you can feel sick and hungry at the same time but somehow it is possible! I'm glad you have air conditioning to help in the heat. I had thrush too in the early weeks of pg. Doctor and pharmacist said it was okay to take Canesten so hope your GP can help.

Humphrey - thinking of you. The memory of the sickness is still with me so I truly empathise. Hope you are coping well in the heat.

Tam - how are you going darling? Fingers crossed for some good news very soon.

Sarah H - I'm glad someone else has had that trampolining experience! Any tips on how I can stop myself going cross-eyed while he's doing it? =)

Tiff - the babies are doing great ... they sound very robust and it won't be long before they are home with you all.

Shell - your website is nice and up to date ... I'll check out the belly shots! I had to remind DH last night to do another one. This week, I should post them on the site.

Jo - how's the back going? Hope you are getting plenty of rest.

Sush - YAY that DH finally got in on some of the movement action. You poor thing with that itch. You can get a soothing topical gel from the chemist that might help ... I'm struggling to remember the name of it now but I used it when I was having my desensitisation shots and it worked really well. It's really just a means of cooling the area down (I used to keep it in the fridge for full effect). Hope your doc can help.

Not much happening here. I'm still hoping DH will pull his finger out while he's on holidays and clean up this room. He was supposed to clean the windows in here and reseal them (along with the ones in our bedroom). I washed them in preparation but he has waited so long I will now have to wash them again. Grrrr.

Back to work tomorrow for me. God that went quick.

Hope you are all doing well.

Love,

Mel

Sal Guest

Hi girls!

Well, no news from Tam and my imagination is going wild, I picture her with Declan and Rylee in her arms, enjoying her new family. Tam, please check in with us!

I sort of have aircon, but it's an old clunky model that is SO noisy it's like being on a jetplane IYKWIM and it *only* cools the air down to about 25C, which is better than 33C which the house would otherwise be. Bring on the cool front, I hear Sydney has already got it!

Trish and Humphrey, poor things with the m/s, not the best thing to have at xmas time, huh?

Well, DH has been in Sydney, so I've been willing bubs to stay put, but I'm picking him up from the airport in a couple of hours, so I'm subliminally issuing eviction orders to him. Gee he is uncomfortable to wear! I do love when I can feel his leg or foot (can't help but press down and try to stroke it) but otherwise I just want him out. As he's posterior and I've given up trying to get him to turn, I now think I'm going to go past 40w. I'm a little concerned about how big his head is, for the first time it has occurred to me that I could end up with a c/s, which I used to be ambivalent about but now really really don't want one.

Hello to all, Tiff am sending *grow bigger and go home SOON* vibes to Ivy and Noah.

*sigh* my computer is totally stuffed, very depressing. It means that once I move to Canberra I will be incommunicado until we scrape the money to see if it can be fixed, or buy a new one.

Anyone got any plans for this public holiday?

Sal - it's going to be a sad day when your computer packs it in. Dang it, these things happen right when you don't have the cashola to get a new one!

Re going past 40 weeks ... I predict you'll have an Australia Day baby. Does that sound like too long a wait though at this point? Isn't it amazing how many babies get into that posterior position? I've been told to perch on the edge of my seat to make sure the head gets into the right position but I can't spend my work day, teetering on the brink so I may be in the same pickle in about 90 days time.

Hope the cool front hits you soon.

Love,

Mel

Sal Guest

Mel, anything past the 19th of Jan sounds WAY too long for me! IKWYM re the sitting forward, I had read about and was told in antenatal classes to sit like that, but from 25w it was just too uncomfortable for me to sit any other way than leaning backwards. But I read in a birth book that 10% of bubs start out in labour posterior (so it is considered completely normal) and most turn in labour to be anterior. So rather than make myself miserable and uncomfortable sitting hunched forward, I am going with the flow and sitting leaning back and being as comfortable as I can be.

Yep, it really hurts to lose the computer, especially as for months I had been talking about how we needed to back all our files and data up, and did I do it??? Of course not!! Although money was part of the problem in the backup planning issues (how ironic, it is going to cost us waaay more now anyhow).

Mel, how much longer do you have at work?

It's the end of February at this stage Sal which will be here in no time at all. Luckily I have a tonne of work to get through before then to keep my mind occupied!

Hey Trish, I hear N & V can be worse with twins. I only got all day N luckily no V, only dry-reaching twice, from 5-11wks & spotting from 6-11wks. The GP said N is a good sign. Lucky u only had to wait a few hrs for ur scan, I was at hosp for 5-6hrs Fri night then 4hrs Sat & finally got scan, but like u said, it was truly worth it to see the hbeat. Hang in there, it is scary though :-)
    As for thrush, yep, I've had several bouts, each about a mth apart & usually combined with UTI. I now use vinegar douching per my obgyn's advise, so I don't become immune to all the medications I've tried for it (was freq b4 pg). 1/4 cup vinegar & 3/4 cup water in a douche bottle (from chemist) & slowly squirt in there every 2nd day. Changes the PH balance inside, hope it brings u some relief.
    Well DH was doin our side fence again yesterday til 1pm, 44 degrees it got to, yikes, I was inside in the a/c & had it cranked up flat out but wasnt as cool as it normally gets. Hopefully our DH's can relax more today.

Kaz, nope can't say I've had those dreams, although I only had IUI, so know my eggies r mine, but like Mel said, they have such stringent practices now, everything double or triple checked... :-)
    Sal, hope bubby moves into place asap & pops out soon.. :-)
    Tam, hmm, is Sal right? hehe
    Mel, cool, not long til u finish work then. U too Sush, & I'm not far behind either, mid March, although if my feet (& hands) keep ballooning like they have been daily (even in a/c), maybe I'll finish earlier. Hmm, back to work tomorrow, doesn't sound too appealing huh, hehe.

Hope everyone else is well & enjoying the break.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Kas - WE always laugh about it in this house. Actually just before we started IVF-ing with Jack in this country, there was a horror story over in the UK where an IVF mum gave birth to one white baby and one black baby.....have no idea what the outcome of that was. It was pretty scary, comsidering that we had just moved back from the UK.

Tiff- Everything sounds brill at your end of the world.

Gab - will get around to reading your birth story.

Tam - Hope your feeling ok and coping with the heat ok.

Everyone I have missed, hope you are all doing ok.

It is not my back that is causing me pain and strife, and i really do mean strife, but my hip. G-R-E-A-T, very painful. Dr seems to think that it will just "go" when the twins are born and recommended massage. There was no place open except the chiro who do massage as well, so I went there on Friday. It eased it a little but the next day it was back worse than ever. It is almost impossible to get myself out of bed without assistance and i can't roll over to my left side. Still hobbling along and to top it off my RHS ankle and foot is swollen to about three times it's size, probably due to me favouring that side. Grrrrrr, I am so fed up with it. It is so hard to look after Jack as well. I have another appt on Friday but to be truthful don't see the point if I'm going to feel worse.

And I am SICK TO DEATH of this weather.

Apart from that, all is well

Good morning! And Happy New Year.
    I feel a bit apprehensive posting on this board, however, I'm trying not to be superstitious. I received my 16dpo beta back on New Years, and it was 988. I had two embies transferred. Will find out in 2 weeks just how many tenants I have in there
    Nice to meet you all, and I hope I'm here for the long haul!
    Cheers,
    Didge

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

welcome Didge
    all the best -you can keep me company for the next 6 months

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hello all and welcome didge!

Happy New Year to everyone and I hope you all had a wonderful transition to 2006.

Sal, I don't know how much I can reassure you with this, but both Ariani and Zaki was posterior up until birth and were both born on their due dates.

Jo, I completely empathise with the hip thing. I had it with Zaki (so far so good this time round) and even after birth, couldn't get out of bed unassisted the first 3 months. But it did get better. The Drs then reckons it was the progesterone loosening things up a tad too much. It was very painful and it stretched me to the limits of my endurance. I feel for you, my sweet.

Tiff, I love hearing how Noah and Ivy are doing, and I can't wait until you have them at home. It certainly sounds like everything is going swimmingly after their early entrance, but you all deserve nothing less.

Mel, Trish, humph, I shudder too to think of the m/s I had in the first 12 weeks. I kept telling myself how lucky I was to be having it and almost managed to convince myself that it wasn't all that bad. But when it was over with, I could admit to myself that it was definitely not one of the best symptoms of pg. Though Trish, I understand too how it reassures you. I remember getting worried coz it disappeared at 12 weeks, despite hating it so much!

Shell, looked at your website and how clearly you can see you've grown! I have been slack with the picture taking and it feels like I haven't grown much at all! Though everyone else reckons I have, can't see it myself.

Well my news is that I never did get in to see Dr. Turns out he's in Sydney on hols. And couldn't get a GP appt to save my life. In the end, I just bore with it, and miraculously, the rash is starting to fade. I suspect now it was definitely the kero and I won't be going near the stuff again!

We also put baby's furniture on layby on the weekend. A cradle, a cot, a dresser/change table and a Bertini Shuttle Sport pram. The room that is to be the nursery eventually is completely painted, with new curtains to go up once the carpets come in on Friday. DH is in the process of moving our bedroom furniture out to the front lounge room, and then Thurs night he starts ripping up all the old carpets. Once everything's in, and the furniture is moved back to their rightful places, DH has agreed that I can start to shop for baby's layette and its and bits! Finally! Lol!

Gee, when I'm away a few days I end up writing a novel. Thinking of you Tam, and of Gab and Tomas. Also, wondering where you are Amy?

To anyone I've missed, huge from me!

love
    sushee

Jo, that was what my hips/pelvis were like a few wks ago, & my chiro is helping to keep my pelvis in alignment with preggy safe adjustments, otherwise will get worse & is pinching on nerves which can is classified as serious he said. It still keeps popping out of place however is easier to walk, just painful when trying to roll over in bed. Also he said it will lead to a long, hard labour if left untreated. However ur situation may be diff again...so hope urs comes good again soon, so u can enjoy whats left of preggy time. :-)

Didge, how exciting, welcome & congrats.

Sush, not everyone likes takin belly shots, dont feel bad that ur not takin regular ones, I didnt really realise how much I'd grown each mth without looking at my pickies, hehe. Excellent progress on bubby shopping & nursery, but don't u work too hard, I paid for it when I did too much when our carpet was laid & the kero rash is also telling u to not do too much, but it's tempting to get in there & get it done, hehe. :-)

Well my girlfriend has convinced me to buy an 'Angelcare Sound & Movement Monitor', which alerted them once in the 18wks since her sone was born, to no movement, so I'm watching prices on ebay. The 2 sensor pad ones are $199 new normal price at most dept stores & online.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast