Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ December 2005/January 2006

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I had my NT as Nepean Hosp last time and they gave me a 'pic' but it was unrecognisable as a 'baby' - and an odd angle

I hope they are using a 3D machine - but maybe they don't have one - oh well - less than 1 week to go now

Sal - sending more LV

goodluck to all those with GTT coming up - and all those Easter bubs

Sal Guest

Sush, great minds think alike! I took some pics of my belly this arvy and will post them asap. I'm pretty big now!

Well, an update from the midwife appt: basically bub hasn't engaged at all, is actually sitting quite high up (explains my diabolical heartburn and difficulty breathing). Quote from midwife: "gee that's a decent-sized baby in there". So I asked whether I should be concerned about a) bub not having engaged at all, b) baby's largish head measurements, c)hubby being a big baby with a big head. She went and spoke to the doctor, who wasn't too concerned. I asked about being past dates, and they don't allow women to go more than 10days post EDD (of course, a woman can refuse treatment, but that doesn't happen often). Anyway, the upshot is that I've finished with the midwife clinic, as next week I'll be due and so I'm going to the doctor clinic on Friday at which point I'll be 40+1 and they'll monitor the bub and work out a plan with me.

I don't want to be induced, but if there's a chance that the bub's head is too big then I'll agree to an induction and trial of labour as soon as it's offered. Bummer. I just feel sure now that labour isn't going to magically happen for me without assistance.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Sal my sweet,

I don't think there is a woman out there (bar those carrying twins) who believe bub is going to arrive on or before they're due, but it does happen and I will be praying it does for you!

Of my three I had 2 on the EDD (statistically amazing according to my Dr as only 5% of women deliver on their due dates) and Shay was 3 days early. I suspect that the odds are that I will now have an overdue bub but Dr reckons that most IVF patients don't go much overdue because overdue babies are usually just on-time bubs whose mums didn't calculate their dates correctly. So if you're confident of your dates, and bub is big-ish, you'll just as likely go early than late, I reckon!

Crossing my fingers for you. Would cross my legs too but we all know how impossible that is right now!

love
    sushee

Sal - try not to worry honey. I know how impossible this is but it's amazing how our bodies just get it right on their own. I had my DS on my due date too Sush! I had absolutely no symptoms before and was sure my pregnancy would go on forever. Sal I also have narrow hips and my boy had a largish head (still does ) and it all squeezed out no worries.

I actually think I'm dreading labour more this time around as I can still vividly remember everything and the pain is ... well ... you'll find out soon enough. It's such an amazing process we go through and our bodies are truly very clever little machines aren't they?

Rest up and enjoy your tummy for the last few days.

YvetteE Guest

Hi Everyone,

I'm just giving you an update on Jo (JOJA). She is unfortunately back in hospital as her bp has gone back up and some other tests came back with some not good results. Please keep her and the twins in your thoughts. Hopefully she will be home again soon.

Take care - and congratulations to each and every one of you. I myself have been through IVF and know how special and wonderful being pregnant with these little miracles is!

Yvette

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

thanks for letting us know Yvette - I hope Jo is feeling better and babies are all okay

Hello Justine - missed you buddy - how are you feeling ?

Sal Guest

Jo, am thinking of you, hoping all is going OK and you get back out of hospital soon.

Oh no. Jo I hope you're alright in hospital & that the bubbas are both ok.

We're thinking of you.....

Me too Jo - thinking of you heaps and hope it's not too bad in hospital. Hope those bubbies are tucked up nice and warm and you are taking it very very easy.

That's interesting Sush about IVF babies being pretty much on time, I said that to the sonographer when she said we were measuring 2 weeks ahead. Becasue we know EXACTLY when he was conceived that our due date should be pretty accurate and it probably just means baby is a good size.

Sal honey - try not to stress to much (I know - ask me how I'm feeling in 7 weeks time!). As others have said our bodies are capable of amazing things and very rarely is a baby "too big" to be birthed naturally, you will be absolutely fine.

Love and Hugs to everyone.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Jo,

We're thinking of you hunny, and of the bubs. I hope you're being well looked after.

Amy, it was the same when I went for my 19 week scan. Bub was measuring 3 weeks ahead, and the sonographer asked if I could have gotten my dates wrong. When I said I was an IVF patient, he then said that just means that bub is a whopper! Lol!

Despite this, my Dr reckons I'll likely be only a few days either side of my EDD, not weeks. And if it is weeks, I shall be cross with him!

love
    sushee

Jo - I'm thinking of you too and hope everything is Ok.

Trish - I think I may be slightly improving in the MS dept. Still exhausted all day but only :feelsick: once or twice a day now. I've already had to buy a couple of fat pants as I feel huge by the end of the day.

I've just got rid of relatives who have been visiting for a week. Great to have people to amuse DS but so tiring to keep up a cheery appearance all the time. Now I can realax and go back to being grumpy and moody with my darling DH.

Looking forward to hearing about your NT scan Trish.

Jo, hope ur takin it as easy as possible & that things improve.. :-)

Sal, there's always stories about incorrect size assumptions from measurements before birth. My sis had 9pd 3oz naturally, no tears/cuts & she is quite short. I'm sure everything will be fine, but all sorts of things rage thru our heads during this fantastic journey... :-)

Justine, glad to hear the m/s is easing up for u & a belly is starting to pop.

Gab, Tiff & Tam, hope to see more pickies soon, when u get time & can drag urselves away from lookin at those gorgeous bubbies... :-)

Hi All

Sorry it has taken me 10 days to post, but things kindadidn't go as planned.

Any more deliveries yet???? Sorry I have not read any of the pages.

Breifly and I will update in more detail in the birth stories, it was a 12 hour labour that ended in an emergency c/s at 9cm dialated due to Rylee going into severe fetal distress. To make matters worse I then went into severe Pre eclampsia and it took drs 5 hours to stabilise me.

However I have 2 wonderful babies. Rylee was born 5lb 8 oz at 1:08pm on the 2nd Jan and Declan 5lb 11oz at 1:07pm on the 2nd Jan.

We were able to take both of them home with us, after many tests to check for problems related to premiturity and they are both feeding very well at the breast.

Thanks again and more details and pics to follow.

Congratulations Tam, what wonderful news. You are a champ!!!!

So what's it like BF Twins????? :shock:

Great to hear from you Tam. Gosh sounds like a rather scary time for you all but awesome to hear Declan and Rylee are home and safe with you now. Take care love and looking forward to seeing piccies when you have the chance.

Justine - Glad to hear the m/s is improving, how did you do it with people staying?? What a trooper you are!

Sal Guest

Tam, it's great to hear from you! Your labour sounds scary, am glad you are OK and the bubs were healthy and such a good size! It's great you were able to take them home with you, can't wait to see bub pics.

No one else has delivered from in here, though Jo is in hosp with high BP so we are worried about her.

Is Trish's u/s today?? If so good luck! If not, well I'm a preg-brain!

Sal Guest

Oh Tam they are gorgeous!

Absolutely adorable!

Sal - yes I think Trishs' u/s is today, same as us!! Thinking of you Trish and look forward to hearing how it all goes.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast