Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ December 2005/January 2006

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

My HR dept and line manager have been really good though. They have both confirmed via email that should I wish to take further unpaid leave after my maternity leave is finished, that they will support this. So the 12 month cap is not so much of a worry for me.

In fact one of the chicks I work with had nearly 2 years off after having her baby and is now back part-time. That's, hopefully, my plan too. Unfortunately, whether they can find me a part-time position will have to be looked at closer to the time I return to work, but being from a big govt agency, I don't think I should have too many problems.

love
    sushee

Wow that's awesome Sush. Lucky govt employees, hehe. No paid maternity leave for us, just 12mths & apparently the law is that u can't take leave extending this (eg: add A/L to this) without permission from employers. Thankfully my employers are happy for me to take A/L + 12mths mat leave + A/L off.

Cool Trish, thnx, I didn't notice that, yay.

Trish,

I dunno. I am not convinced that a diabetic diet is the answer to trying to control whether bub is big. Even Dr has said that if I'm not actually diabetic, the baby is likely to be big no matter what I eat. He wanted me to diet just in case I am diabetic.

But I don't have any of the other symptoms of GD, like thirst or weght gain (I've only gained 4.5kgs so far) and have kept my exercise levels up, all things considered. My blood pressure is actually on the low side, there's been no glucose in my urine so far and I didn't have GD with any of my other kids. So I am pretty sure I'm not diabetic, and so why diet?

I figure we'll find out today if bub is still 3 weeks ahead in size, and I would rather be talking about contingencies for labour for a big baby than about dieting. So we'll see what sort of bun-fight I end up having with Dr today.

Also, I get 8 weeks paid mat leave where I work. An unexpected bonus for sure, coz I didn't expect anything!

love
    sushee

I'm am so SICK of writing/saying this, but here goes....

I have developed PE (again!) BP is high, swollen ankles and the protein in my urine went from a trace earlier on today to 2 plus' later on. Blah blah blah.

ATm, I will be admitted to our local hospital (as soon as John arrives back from the airport, which should be any moment now) for observation with the view that if it deteriates further will be moved to one of the city hospitals.

things have been frantic here, I have had to get my dad to do a 2.5 round trip to pick Jack up, pack his stuff, repack my stuff, make phne calls and send a couple of emails. Now all that needs to be done is to play with the kittens

My mum will email one of on friends with any further developments and she will let you know whats happening. Hopefully I will be out tomorrow (there goes a pig........)

Take care all, and hopfully the doctor has made a big mistake........

Jo ~ i will be thinking of you hugs and best wishes for a fast but healthy escape from hospital

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Hope it is all under control Jo and you are back on deck *resting* asap

Hi Shazz - your ticker is speeding by \/

I wonder Tam & her twins are ?

Sush - how did it go at OB ?

Shell - yay for a very understanding employer

Sal Guest

Jo, fingers crossed that your BP settles down and you get out of prison, er hospital very soon.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Tamwatch is looking like the same as Gabwatch... bummer that there isn't someone in contact with her who could update us as to what's going on (or what date she had her bubs, most likely).

WOW Sal, 13 days, that has gone so fast, how exciting!!!!

I think Nola is away, hence no news from Tam!!!!

AAARRRGGGHHHH, I am gonna blame her & her twins on my grey hairs when they come!!!! 8-[

Sal Guest

Yeah, Tracey, it is amazing! I remember seeing a post from you when YOU got to be double digits in your pg, and boy did they go so quickly. But I'm not getting too excited about it being 13 days really, deep down I think I'm psyching myself incase I go 2 weeks over.

Oh, Nola away, that explains the info vaccuum surrounding Tam and her bubs.

Jo, hope everthing is ok with u.

Salwatch still on too, hehe.

Sal - you are almost single digits honey - the Sal watch is getting hot

Jo - yes hope you are okay as well

Check the birth annoucements ladies \/

Wow Huge congrats to Tam and Dh

and a big hi to all you lovely ladies

Sal Guest

Tam, that's so wonderful! :boy:

*shudder* so that means that I'm the next in line...

I can't wait till Nola or Tam tells us more news

Sal - tell us when your are ready for the labour vibes - how do you feel ? has bub moved from posterior ?

Sal Guest

Oh I'm happily accepting all labour vibes, would have been happy to have bub a week ago! Bub has moved from posterior, to being on his side again. I'd like him to engage, if only that meant that he was on his way! My sister's first child didn't engage at all, and she was induced at 42w 1d. I really hope that this isn't my fate!

Yay Tam and DH on the arrival of the twins! I haven't checked out the birth annoucements yet but intend to the minute I finish this post!

Jo, I'm so sorry to hear about the PE. I hope the hospital won't be too bad for you. By the time you get this, hopefully you'll be relaxing there being taken care of.

Sal, we're all watching you now! Lol!

As for my Dr's appt, he reckons bub is still big, but he just shrugged, asked if I was on a diabetic diet (I said no) and he said we'll send you for the test and see how it goes.

So I'm doing a full GTT test around the 24th of Jan (I have to call to book) and then I see him again on the 2nd of Feb.

He seems really happy with things, aside from checking my fundal height, taking my BP (110/70) and asking me if bub is active, he didn't bother with any other tests. He checked my rash - probably the kero he reckons since it's almost all gone - and told me he's expecting an uneventful coming 14 weeks.

So I'm happy if he is!

love
    sushee

Sushee - you hit double digits too - great news bubs is growing well

Sal - hope bub engages soon - then we can send Labour vibes
    I didn't know they let you go much past 41 wks - I wouldn't and lucky I won't be

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast