Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ December 2005/January 2006

FOR SAL.......

:contract: LABOUR VIBES :contract: LABOUR VIBES :contract: LABOUR VIBES

Good Luck chooken,
    I am keeping my eyes peeled on the announcements, there are a few old pals coming close now......

Bestr wishes & hope you arent anything like your sister 42w1d... YUCK!

Sal Guest

Ooh thanks, Tracey, I reckon I'm going to need all available LVs to get this bub moving if he continues not to show interest in engaging at all.

Jo, am hoping that you're out of hosp and recuperating at home, please check in with us when you can.

OK my preg-brain tells me that there are a couple of scans coming up for girls in here, but I can't remember when 8-[

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

LV to Sal

Jo - hope you are home and resting

My 12 w scan is Wed 18th

How is everyone else this morning ?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Sal, sending loads of LB for you hun! :contract:

Trish, I am in double digits now! Omigod, you think finally DH will let me start getting baby stuff? Lol! I knew I was only a few days behind shell, so when she hit that '99 days left', I knew I wasn't far behind!

Good luck for the NF scan on the 18th, you won't need an iota of it, of course, coz everything will be perfect!

Jo, hoping you're being pampered.

love
    sushee

LV to Sal again, only 1wk 3days left I see... :-)
    Do they pre-book inductions b4 hand for the 'just in case nature doesn't work on time'?

Sush, yay on double figures... :-)

Jo, hope ur ok.

I posted some info here on nursery wall borders, if anyone has any other handy links, I'd love to know: http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/view...hlight=#344851... :-)

Sal, I was also havin a look at the fluffies nappies on ebay, as I remember u mentioned u can get all sorts of fitted nappies. But the prices go up so fast.

Sal Guest

Big YAY to Sush (and belatedly for Shell) for reaching double figures!

Shell, I haven't tried buying nappies (or anything, for that matter) on Ebay, I just went to outlet sites. I ended up spending an absolute fortune on fitted and pocket nappies, which I really regret now... I should have stuck with trying one or two, and mainly using terry flats and prefolds, both of which I have.

Hi lovely ladies!

We were released on Saturday after our enforced 48 hour rest and indeed I have been keeping up the good work! Had a dr appt this afternoon and while there is still a trace of protein and my ankles are still resembling balloons, my BP is a cool 135/85.......*phew* On the downside, they are fully expecting another visit from me at the hospital sometime in the very near future, both my hubby and myself are taking bets on when it happens They did another uric acid bt and a 24 hr pee test but as yet the results are not through yet. Next appt is on Wednesday and i think it will be every second day appts from here on now. The main thing is that I'm home, I'm resting and getting closer to that 37 wk mark every day!
    However some of these medics are off their trolleys! They fully expect me to be resting 24 hours, 7 days a week, with a toddler.........!

Sal - I'm sticking with the prefolds for the minute, mainly because most of the fitted nappies are for big babies, i just ordered the preemie sized and also have some flanelette flat squares which I will use with snibs and the nappy covers.

Shell - I got my stickarounds from decorating heaven. Just do a search and there will be heaps coming up. I was a bit limited as we wanted jungle animals and we wanted everything to be brightly colored, we ended up getting the bang on the door jungle animals and the matching border which i have not seen anywhere else.

Tam - Yahooooooooooo!!! I will post in the birth announcements!

A big hello and hugs to all, i'm trying to limit my time with my feet on the floor, so it is all going to be quick!

Hi Girls,

Sorry to have been missing in action...

Soon, you'll all have your little bundles and will understand exactly why MIA is so easy....

I am also computerless at present - it had died so hubby has to rebuild it (helps being married to a computer nerd - term of endearment really!!)

I just borrowed his (interrupted his work, but oh, well....) - just to let you know I am thinking of all of you, and cannot wait to hear of all the arrivals!! Tam has had hers already!! Sal you must be next!

Tomas is doing great! Had another midwife visit today - he has put on 1.1 kg in the last 3 weeks, grown 5cm in length and head 4cm.... Leaps and bounds. It now means he weighs 5.6 kg at 6 weeks of age! He is gonna be a big man....

So far, keeping up with all the expressing - Tomas won't take the boob (except on special occasions, when he is not ravenous!) so I have to express the milk and bottle feed. Takes extra time, but it is obviously doing him good, so I cannot whinge. He is already taking about 1L of breast milk a day, so I am a bit worried about how much he will need as he gets even bigger. My poor old boobs.... LOL!

Well, the expressor is calling.... so, I better go, but miss you all,

Cannot wait to catch up a bit!

PS: New photos will come when I get my PC back - next few days!! Promise!!

Hey Gab - Glad to hear all is well with Tomas and looking forward to the new piccies.

Jo, Hope you are doing ok that sucks about the PE, keep those feet up as much as possible.

Awesome news Tam!!

As for me I'm doing good, swollen hands and feet but doing my best to keep them down. Have had to take my wedding ring off though as it was getting VERY tight!! We have a scan on Friday to check the placenta position so fingers crossed everything is ok there. Once we're given the all clear there I can start getting stuff organised for the birth, still have to buy or hire our birth pool and get other stuff together.

So exciting here with lots of babies due soon!!

Sal Guest

Yay Jo on getting the green light to return home. I have all fingers and toes crossed that your BP can be controlled long enough to make it to the magic 37w mark.

Amy, good to hear from you, bummer about the swollen hands and feet. My feet are now permanantly swollen, I have just got used to them now (amazing what you can get used to, huh?!)

Gab, can't wait for more pics. Lucky you having a computer nerd at hand...my laptop completely died and at the moment I use my mum's computer, but once we make the move to Canberra, we have to save up for a new computer, so I'm going to be MIA then. Hey, how come Tomas won't take the boob?? What a big boy he is!

OMG I am in single digits! Am now getting BHs quite regularly, I started noticing them about 4 days ago. During the night I got some lower back pain, I'm sure bub is now fully posterior (naughty bub!)

tiggy Guest

Sal,

Thinking of you and sending huge labour vibes your way!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear your news

Hi girls

Just a quick visit, hope you don't mind.

Jo - we were relieved to hear you are back at home and hope the hospital thing wasn't too stressful for you, DH and Jack. It's hard to believe how close you are to the end!! Try to keep feet up and at the idea of being able to stay in bed 24 hrs with a toddler!! What's he going to do - sit there with you??

Amy - sorry about the swollen hands and feet, but not too long to put up with it. At least it probably isn't as hot over your way as it has been here in Sydney, I don't think that would help much. Good luck with the scan and I hope the placenta has moved. Our scan is in a couple of weeks.

All the best to you other wonderful pg ladies. I'll go back where I belong now!!

Jo,

yay on being out and your bp being more manageable. Hopefully it stays that way for another 5 weeks!

Sal, omg single digits! I can feel the excitement mounting in here. Sending you more LV.

Amy, good luck for your scan. I'm sure the placenta would have behaved enough to move to where it belongs.

Everyone else, hope you're all well.

love
    sushee

Oooh, excitement is mounting in here once again with SAL the next cab off the rank. Looks like it will be really soon pet ... those BH contractions sound like a good sign!

Trish - It gives me such a thrill to see you are nearly 12 weeks. I hope that morning sickness is starting to ease a little and that your ultrasound brings you some reassurance too. You are always close in thought.

Tam - congrats again ... it's great to hear the twins are here and you are all doing well.

Jo - I'm glad things are settling down for you and that you are out of hospital. Now you've just got to take it easy until the birth (a big ask I'm sure with a little one tearing around).

Amy - good luck with your scan. Your poor swollen feet and hands ... eek! Take it easy won't you?

Sush and Shell - Our dates are approaching. Kind of scary and exciting at the same time!

Had a doctor's appointment today. Everything is fine with Willmartin in head down position. His heartbeat sounds nice and strong. I took the glucose challenge this morning so will find out the results tomorrow. Not expecting anything untoward though. Otherwise, it's all uneventful here which is good.

Thinking of you all, lovely ladies. I must go and do some stretches because I'm doing too much sitting now that I'm back at work.

Talk to you all soon.

Love,

Mel

Sal Guest

Hi girls,

Well, am checking in, so as to avoid rumours of my having snuck off and had a baby! I tried to psych myself into having my waters break during the night, meaning that bub's arrival would be inevitable and soon, but alas it didn't happen. I have my midwife appt today, so am going to ask whether I should be worried about bubs not being at all engaged, and also posterior. Also I'm going to find out at what point they would offer intervention (not that I want any, but I don't want to go to 42w either).

I think the next exciting event in this forum is Trish's NT scan, hope you can get a pic up for us!

Good luck for the midwife appt Sal!

Morning all,

Sal, I really honestly hope that your little boy arrives before Trish's scan, for your sake and to ease our suspense! Trish's scan date is not variable, but your event is!

Mel, with you, shell and I all due within 2 weeks of each other, April is going to be exciting I think! I'm last in line, which I don't really mind as I quite like having the little'un safely ensconced in my tum.

I hope your GTT test comes back fine - I'm sure it will - I'm having mine on the 24th, which I'm not looking forward to.

Got to get another pic of my tummy on my site soon. I have definitely gone from 'cute bump' pg to 'omg you must be due soon?' pg. And of course I want to share this lovely bloated, cumbersome milestone with you all! Lol!

BB tomorrow to check up on everyone again.

Much love
    sushee

Sal, hope ur midwife aptmt goes well. I too am interested in what the pre-birth plans are for bubbies just in case not born on time... :-)

Sush, yep it sure is gonna be busy mid april, also KelliW is expecting twins in April, so that makes 4 of us but 5 bubbies... :-)

Mel, hope that GDD test is good. I assume I'll get my request form at my next obgyn aptmt on Mon.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast