Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ February 2006

Hello Lovelies,

I know, I've been slack with posting and I'm sorry. Starting mat leave at the end of this week so that should help with my tiredness a bit. Glad to see everyone is going well and welcome back Ali!!

Going to make myself a Milo and try to rest on the couch till morning. This broken sleep is a real pain.

Sorry for lack of personals but just wanted to let you know I am still alive.

Love to all,

Mel

Welcome back Alicia, wow, ur passed the half way mark already, great.

Didge, how exciting about ur upcoming scan. Yikes on ur friends though.

Mel, awesome, only 2 more days of work for u. Know what u mean bout broken sleep, it's always around 3 or 4am for me too, funny how our bodies react huh.
    Fri up 3am-6am, then up for work shortly after, so was in a great mood at work that day, hehe. Wow only 6 more wks to go for u.

Amy, how u doin?

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

17 weeks 1 day~

I had my booking in appointment at hospital and ante natal check.

I got to hear my babies heartbeats again and my Bounty bags (2).Thank goodness.

The midwife didn't know I was having twins. The funny thing / coincidence was the midwife had already brought 2 bags in with here when she normally brings 1. Someone said to her - 'have you twins' she said NO ! - Then she calls me in and I tell her "twins" - she is amazed. She had to go and tell the other lady (going to get another form anyway).

Then I was talking to midwife about past medical history -we saw my old notes from many yrs ago and found out my parents had me put in hospital on my 4th birthday :shock: - for tonsils & adenoids . I am going to see if my mum remembers - how unfair !

Then my dear friend (school) who is a fraternal twin G / B set popped into work for a quick visit.She had her dear Mum (80) in the car who has just had hip replacement. I asked her Mum a few questions about her twins.

She only found out as they were delivered :shock: (afterwards actually :sleeping: GA) via C/S. C/S was because they thought she was having a whooping 12lb baby and her age (40) at the time. She said she thought to herself in might be twins because of all the odd movements all over. She already had 4 previous children. She said 'twin boy' was lying over the top and 'twin girl' was underneath so that is why they only ever heard one heartbeat.

Ali - welcome back -wow 22 wks - congratulations on getting back on net

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi Ali and welcome back to BB. I'm so glad you're 22 weeks along now and am joining us in here. We've been waiting for you!

Mel, fantastic news about finally going on maternity leave. I have to say I'm not quite used to being an at-home mum just yet. But not missing the tiredness of working either. I hear you on the broken sleep. Not getting much here either, but at least being home means I can have a nanna nap if I choose.

Shell, what about you? Surely only a couple of weeks to go?

Didge, excellent news about having a scan date. Are you finding out the flavour? I figure you're going to, aren't you, Trish?

Sheree, bugger about the bleeding. I am positive too that all is okay with you and that bub is safe and none the wiser.

Tam has her BT today so hopefully she'll be here shortly too!

well, I got some good news yesterday. I've inherited a lump sum of money from my nan and it's enough that I'll be able to take another 12 months unpaid leave after my 12 months maternity, meaning I'll be at home with this bub until it's 2 years of age! It's just such great news I still can't believe it! Don't feel so bad now about spending so much money on baby stuff! Lol!

love
    sushee

Woohoo Sushee

Wow Trish, congrats on hearing both little and wonderful hbs - so reassuring isn't it. Also wow re the 40yo lady and twins. In my local town there is a family who feel pg for the third time, well when the babies were born (triplets who are now 30) they had to trade their brand new car in for a mini van. They had 5 under the age of 6.

Excellent news about the scan Didge.

oooohhhhhhh come on Tam, [-o< to join us. Tick tick 2pm (perth time)!!!

It's only early, just found out, but I want to be able to say:

I WAS HERE!!!!!

And here for the long haul, Tam! Wooohooooo!

Congratulations again on your BFP!!!

love
    sushee

skyelar Guest

Congrats again Tam that is fantastic news

Enjoy your time at home Sushee, work is horrible for me atm, I just can't wait to say 'bye' to this class

Trish I am so glad you are happy with the hospital! I can't believe you are 17 weeks already, the time is just flying by! A lady at my DD's swimming lessons is 20 weeks with triplets at the moment :shock:

Mel, ohhh I am so jealous about finishing work! Rest up & enjoy your sleep ins \/

Hi ya Didge! I am doing ok thanks, sooo tired & a little queasy in the morning & at night but nothing major!

Sheree, hope you are feeling ok & the spotting has settled. It will be September before we know it!!!

Hi Alicia~nice to 'meet' you!!

Is Amy next for line for labour vibes?? I wonder how she is!

How exciting BFPs and labour vibes \/

Didn't Amy say in a previous post late last week that she might have to be induced sometime this week?

love
    sushee

oooowwww inducement - me wonders!!!!! :-k

Tam -fantastic news I am so :happy4u:

I got DH to ring for me, ask for HCG & P4, this is what he gave back:
    1661 that one
    28 progesterone
    73 hormone

going on that my ET of a blast was on Friday 10/2 I think that makes me 17dpo

Please help, does that sound ok (obviously besides the P4)
    I will double check tomorrow morning

Tam,

so your HCG was 1661? Mine were 200+ only at 16 dpo, so that's huuuge. I know you only had one emby put back but hmmmm.

Or was the HCG 73?

love
    sushee

Yeah, it could be DH getting it wrong, so info could be a bit off.

was going to guess, but probably best not to. I'll get it right tomorrow morning.
    Still in shock.

OOOOhhh Tam - so excited for you.. It'd great to have you here. Plus a new av - you sexy thing!!!

if that is your beta it is huge - I was 448 at 15dpo - I know another lady who had one embie but now preg with identical twins.

LOve that avatar - woo hoo stunning

:-k is this I look in my dreams - some I know are better looking in real life LOL but hey it makes us look and feel good. Who is going to have an ugly mug on their avatar anyway.

Congratulations Tam!!! I agree, that's a bloody huge beta...mine was 988 16dpo and I've twinnies on board....wow! Perhaps they've divided into 4

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast