Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ February 2006

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Sheree,

I'm so glad you checked in and will be having a well-deserved rest over the next few weeks. Pg for us long termers is stressful enough even when it's textbook. I'm glad you're taking it easy and concentrating on you and your bub.

Shell, it's good to hear that you sorted the mattress situation out. As for the cat, I am very unhappy with her at the moment. I know she's just doing what cats do but after my DH assembled my brand new rocker/glider chair yesterday, first thing she did was try to claw at the cushion. I have put my foot down now and told DH the cats are banned from our room as well, esp since bub is sleeping there for the first 6-8 months! I woke up yesterday with the boy cat sniffing at my bbs. Okay I know I'm leaking milk but really!

Well, after my last post, I went to the toilet only to wipe away a 5 cent piece sized bit of streaky bloody mucous. It wasn't much so it didn't bother me, but DH almost had a coronary. He is now even more convinced that I'll go early and has insisted that the hospital bag gets packed today. I reckon even with all this excitment, I'll go over!

last but not least, I love seeing you about Keen, and still miss you. I love it when you pop in to visit.

love
    sushee

Hi Girls,

Sush - I'm here ... glad to hear things are okay with you. LOL at the cat taking a shine to your boobs. Little bugger.

Sheree - rest up and take care.

Shell - I'm great friends with a box of Anusol wipes at the moment so I think we have something in common. You poor thing ... if you have three days off, it must be a nasty case. I'm glad you've settled on your boy's name (just in case of course).

Keen - good to see you around and to know you are doing okay.

Trish and Humphrey - I'm getting excited about your scans. I think boy and girl for Trish and girl for Humphrey. My crystal ball is broken so I pulled this off the top of my head (there's more oxygen up there).

Tiff - Your avatar should be wearing a WonderWoman cape. I hope the little butterfly can go back in the picture. Cripes, that bath story ... you poor thing. It's hard enough getting off the couch sometimes without the added problem of vacuum suction.

Tam -best of luck for that BT tomorrow. I'll bet you're looking forward to that ultrasound.

Amy - one week to go!!

All quiet on the western front here. My bag isn't quite packed. There is stuff spilling out of it. I'm thinking of putting Willmartin's things in his own bag (the backpack I bought for after he is born). It's a GR8X ... has a nifty design with smaller detachable pack at the front. The only anxiety I have about the birth at the moment is whether my pelvic organs will stay inside or slither out along with the baby. Crikey, there's so much pressure.

Hope you are all well.

Mel

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Melbo - you are next after Amy & Cailin -OMG is has gone so quick the day I had my OPU was day you had 18 wk scan. I can still remember the day you got the BFP. Better get finished packing.

There are so many bubs due in next month or so - so exciting

Sheree-take care and rest up sweet

Keen lovely to see you

tiggy Guest

OMG Mel!!!

LOOK at your ticker go!!!

I can't wait to hear that you have birthed your beautiful William.

Tiff and Trish - yeah, isn't it scary how quickly this time has gone!

Tiff - the recent pictures of the kids are beautiful. Noah looks like he was spotted, sleeping under a mushroom in the garden like a little pixie. And you can see what a graceful little lady Ivy already is. They're just exquisite.

I just got my mobile phone in the mail this morning (Virgin don't muck around). I finally relented and got one after my last payphone experience at the train station in Collingwood. Something never to be repeated. It's so small I can't believe it (the mobile, not Collingwood). The first one I ever had years ago was like a housebrick. This will be my new toy for the day.

Hope you are all going well. I'll log back in later to see how Tam went.

Cheers,

Mel

Why am I so tired??? I've got my dog baby sitting my son outside as I have no energy to play with him. As long as I can hear him laughing I figure he's alright. Does this make me a bad mother?

Just want to sleep.......

Hi guys, sorry to say it was just a visit here this time, it was a chemical pg, so now just the wait for it to be over.
    Thanks for the big welcomes, it was nice while it lastest.
    I will be back but not at least for a couple of months, it's another IVF cycle after a month off (I assume).

Take care

Oh Tam ... I'm so sorry. There's nothing I can say really.

Love,

Mel

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Tam
    I am so sorry for your CP - it is so heartbreaking to see you go. Like Mel said - what else can we say -please know we are thinking of you.

Tam you poor thing!!! It's just not fair. I'm so very sorry honey.

So sorry to hear that Tam but Im sure youll be back here very soon

skyelar Guest

Take care Tam I am so sorry :hugs:

Patient-Rose Guest

Tam, I am so sorry to hear your news, it really, really sucks. Look after yourself and I'll be [-o< that you are back here soon.

Heeeeeeellllllooooooo... :-k :-k

Where is everyone? Hope not giving birth (Amy excepted).

I'm very excited as I have just booked my first holiday in 4 years!!! Nothing exciting - just a week up in Yamba on NSW north coast. But they are a kid friendly resort with lots of water slides (for me and DH of course) and lots of water activites. It seems we spend all our holidays either visiting DH's family interstate or taking time off when they come over to visit us - blah! This time 4 years ago we were hiking the Inca Trail and patting alpacas in Peru. How my life has changed since becoming a mother - and it just gets better! I'm so grateful for my boy and little bubba and can't wait for the rest of you to hold your own little precious gifts. But where are you all?

Morning all,

How are we this morning? This forum is particularly quiet since Tam's news. I know I've been a little sad the last few days, but now firmly believe that success is not far away for you, Tam.

I hope everyone is keeping well. Nothing much to report on my end. Bags are now packed, and am now getting accustomed to having a nanna nap in the arvos. Lots of BHs too. But otherwise all uneventful.

I have a feeling that Amy has had her baby already. I don't know. Just a feeling. Has anyone organised with her to get some news?

love
    sushee

Justine

snap, I think we posted at the same time! It has been quiet in here though.

Fantastic news about the holiday. DH and I are going to Singapore in Dec, but can't book anything until baby arrives as they need bub's name for the booking and we don't know if it's a Lila Andrea or Brendan Charles yet!

love
    sushee

skyelar Guest

I am with you Sushee. It is horrible to think that ppl are doing it so tough atm :flower: Tam I really hope you are ok, your spot is nice & warm for you when you get back. :hugs:

My m/s seems to be easing off a little, just comes in waves during the day now. Am getting a bit anxious about my scan next Wednesday. My heart is in my throat the whole time.

I wonder how Amy is? Hope to hear some exciting news from her soon.

Take care & have a great day!!

Oh dear, on puss sniffin ur bb's Sush, hehe. Hope that spotting is nothin to worry bout.

Mel, thnx, yeah least I can sit down now, but usin a cushion, hehe.

Tiff, yikes on the suction, it'd be hard enuf gettin out of bath with 1, let alone twinnies.

Tam, sorry, that really sux.

Justine & Sush, those hols sound great.

Amy, hope ur ok. C ur ticker shows 3 more days to go.

Skye, hope the m/s isn't too bad, but hey, they say it is a good sign. :-)

So many upcomin scans & births, & hopefully looooottts of new recruits/graduates to join us.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast