Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ January 2006

Fingers crossed for you Sal that things speed up just a bit!! Sounds like it's all going to happen very shortly.

Good Luck for your scan today Trish.

Thinking of you all.

XX

Trish - I'm thinking of you today hon. Hope all goes well.

Sal - yay!!! Good luck sweets!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Sal,

I'm hoping that this is it, and whatever your ticker says, I hope today's the day! Woohoo!

Trish, good luck hunny on your scan today!

Well, I finally posted a new belly shot on the website. It was taken last night, and if you look carefully, you can see the new stretch marks!

On another note, I posted in the 3rd Tri thread a couple of days ago about this funny stitch-like feeling I've been getting since I was 15 weeks every time I slept on my left hand side. Lately I've been getting it even when I not sleeping, just when I'm sitting at my desk, or walking or something. It was becoming almost constant. Then yesterday, when it suddenly seemed to ease off, I felt silly about it.

However last night, I woke up on 4 occasions feeling like the left hand side of my belly was seizing up, causing me enough pain to not be able to move, cry out or breathe. Scared the cr*p out of DH each time he woke up with me beside him gasping! It didn't matter whether I was sleeping on either side or propped up on pillows, it just kept happening. Sitting up eased the pain off, but how do I sleep if I can't lie down without pain? And how am I going to labour if this pain seems to be always near?

So I've taken the day off and am going to track my doctor down for a visit. The little'un is fine, I gather, because s/he is still kicking furiously (almost constantly during the cramping) but I just want to know WTH this is! Waiting on 8.30am WA time now to get on the horn to my Dr's clinic.

Sal, I'll be back later and hopefully they'll be no news from you aside from that you're heading off to the hospital!

love
    sushee

Wow Sush, what a gorgeous belly but I can't see any stretchies - those beautiful butterflies of yours are sure growing though!! hehe. Definitely get that pain checked out, I don't really know but could the baby be pressing on a nerve or something?

I'm so hooked on BB today, just waiting for more babies to arrive!

Aw thanks Amy. I have to admit I was surprised by how big my belly is! Lol! And here I thought I wasn't growing! Had a squizz at your website. You've the most gorgeous proportionate bump. I feel huge compared to you!

And you're so wonderful to say that you can't see the stretchies. Hopefully they stay pale enough not to look like a map of North America!

Well, Dr's not in his office (what's new?) but have asked his receptionist to get him to call me back urgently. It's funny, I'm sitting here at the computer, and the stitch-like pain is starting again. I'm not even doing anything!

DH has just called me from work for the 3rd time since leaving this morning, wondering if I've spoken to anyone yet. Bless him, I think he's going to have a panic attack. He wants to come home and take me to the hospital if Dr doesn't call in 30 mins.

Sal, finding it hard to leave the computer without knowing what's going on. What's happening??

love
    sushee

Sal Guest

Sush, I second Amy - I see no stretchies, just a lovely rounded preggy belly with nice tatts! And Amy's belly looks like it's staying that nice rounded shape too, quite compact.

Well, contractions are getting to 5mins apart and quite painful, then they ease off for half an hour or so. DH is getting off work and coming home soon, so we'll go walking (in the rain) which seems to keep things happening. The spotting I have had the last two days is more approximating bleeding now. It's hard not to get excited, but I know that this stage could just go on and on. If things keep going, it may be that I join the Sushee club of 'on EDD' birth LOL.

I have a mobile number of another due in January gal, so I'll be SMS'ing her to let her know what's happening. I don't think she'll post in here, though, so you may need to watch the Due in January Buddy thread. The system falls down if she goes into active labour the same time as me, though!!!

Trish, not sure what time your appt was/is, but am thinking of you.

Sal Guest

Actually, if you have a mobile Sushee or another Platinum Aussie-based gal (and are online now), if you PM me your number I'll SMS you, too.

Edited to add: my Jan buddy has just broken her waters and found them greeny and dark, so I'm worried she won't be around to bother with updating on how I'm going (she was planning a homebirth, but I'm wondering if meconium changes things for her labour).

So if someone wants to PM me, then you'll be able to find out how I'm going.

Sal Guest

Thanks Sushee, I've sent you a txt back.

Sal, I just PMed you my mobile no. I was coming online to offer that very thing! Lol! I reckon the girls here will die of the suspense if none of us had a line to you!

Well just got a call from my Dr. He reckons as long as bub is kicking and I'm not bleeding, leaking fluid or had a change in discharge, that it's likely my round ligaments having a hard time coping with my (his words) "impressive girth". He reckons, yes, I'm growing at a rate of knots and he's not surprised that I'm experiencing discomfort. He has advised me to stop long walks, to try more gentle water exercises, maybe a support belt and wants me to see the hospital physio. He also thinks maybe after all that, it may just be one of those things you have to put up with, which may mean little sleep for me for the next 13 weeks.

DH is on his way home now. He won't let me drive myself now (oh dear) and he reckons he can't concentrate at work knowing I'm feeling under the weather.

Sal, just got your sms. We're cooking with gas now!

love
    sushee

Sal Guest

Sushee, I forgot to mention that I got those stitchy pains too, they wind me! And also only on the left-hand side. I'm sure you don't need to worry, but it's good that you'll see your obs for reassurance.

Oh and I got hold of Jillian's mobile number, so she will keep the Jan gals updated. I'll SMS you both.

Ooh DH home now, lots of walking so that we get things really moving!

Oooohhhh - this is getting exciting \/ \/

Sush - I'm sorry to hear about your pain. I'm sure you don't want to be hearing how you may have to "just put up with it". And I think your girth is gorgeous - I've looked and looked and can't see any stretchies.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Sal - LV to you honey - this is so exciting I will be glued to computer rest of day. I hope you friend is okay. You might be birthday buddies.

Sushee - ouch at the stretchy pains - will go to check out your gorgeous belly pics asap.

What time do you go to bed ? or will you be staying up late to post us Sal's news if bub comes today.

We had 12wk scan today too and all is well .Thank you everyone for thinking of me. I was so anxious I could ahve cried when the first thing she showed us was heartbeats -said that is what everyone wanted to see first.

The sonographer was excellent (maybe being pregnant herself) and took heaps of pics for us and explained and showed us everything on each bub - heart/brain/ each arm/hand/ leg/foot etc. Showed us in 3D too - we could see one twin sucking their thumb.Amazing the detail.
    Then told us not to show anyone the pics in waiting room because normally only print 2-3 pics.

Can't video tape at Hospital so maybe will have 18wk privately and they will left you videotape.

The d/s risk was lowered considering my age the measurements were great.

Had the bloods done too.Now to wait for BT results -not that I will ever consider an amnio - plus DR today said an amnio was difficult with twins. My scan was good anyhow so not worrying.

Just having a sneak peak at what is going on in here. Sounds like some exciting news with Sals birth being just around the corner. Trish, I am so glad to see everything is going really well and I can only imagine how anxious you must of been having the u/s.... i think of you often, and hope I can leave the 'dark side' of bb to make it to the bright side (here) and join everyone else...

Love to everyone

Leis xxx

Hi there,
    I haven't posted here for a while, feeling a bit ambivalent still. I have my first u/s tomorrow, will be 6wks and 6 days, and am now starting to worry that something will be wrong. Everything so far has been good, except for the all day sickness, would rather just throw up ](*,) but no unusual cramping or spotting.... I can't wait until I find out. Anyone else go through similar feelings prior to their first u/s?
    Cheers,
    Didge

Didge
    good to see you in here - and yes I put my hand up - I worry every time I have a scan.

The all day sickness and no other symptoms is GOOD !
    Thinking of you for tomorrow -when you find out how many bubs on board too.

Leis - hope you will be joining us very soon sweet - [-o<

Sal Guest

Trish, that's wonderful about the u/s result. Hoping to see bub pics.

Didge, yep I was a wreck before my 6w u/s, I was sure I had a blighted ovum (for no particular reason). Good luck for tomorrow, not that you'll need it. Please feel less ambivalent after the u/s and keep posting with us here.

OK I'm having some more ouchy contractions, but they are still 5mins apart, so am not going to hosp just yet. I couldn't bear to drive all the way to Lismore (30mins on highway) to be examined and told I'm only 1cm dilated and to go home and come back later!

Hi Leis, good to see you around, I sort of lurk a little in the LT TTC forum and know you are going to have an op fairly soon. I really hope that that is all that is holding you back from taking your (being kept warm) seat in this forum.

Sal - have you called them just to ask ?

mind you I have no idea :smt102

I am going to have c/s - so I will miss all this - keep us posted

I have to find old,ancient scanner and see if can work it on one of my computers (since changed computers)

Our other excellent HP scanner/printer went to repairer for a 'printer' problem and came back totally b*ggered - after 4 months. The printer part was too expensive to fix but he stuffed the scanner too while he had it.It was only just out of warranty too and we had paid a fortune for it.

We bought another printer but I would have just kept other for a flatbed scanner - it could scan/ resize / reduce etc and very good quality.

I don't think digital camera would work taking photo of prints. :-k

If that doesn't work :smt102

Thanks Trish and Sal,
    Thank you for your reassuring words, I've been worrying that they'll find nothing in there. I've been reading a bit too much on blighted ovums I think.... 8-[
    Thanks again,
    Didge

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast