Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ July 2005

Sal Guest

Hi Amy! Yes, very quiet. Gab is obviously very busy with work and/or house reorg (or was it moving?), must be a quiet time for us all.

Well I am posting less as semester 2 has started and I try to limit my BB'ing (though it's very hard).

I am officially in the second tri which is very exciting. It is an eternity to my next scan (Aug 22...may as well be next year :-s )

Hey, when is your scan (I really hope I haven't missed it)? Still thinking there may well be twins in there? I popped into the March thread to see how you were doing, read you were getting m/s... hope it isn't too bad.

How is everyone else?!?!

tiggy Guest

Yay Sal!!
    Congrats on second trimester!!! Can't wait to be there too. Only 23 weeks left for me, so will have to get moving organising thigs!

Sal Guest

Thanks Tiff! You're not far off being second tri yourself! Gee, I hadn't thought about it but I guess with twins you have to be that much more prepared than a mum-to-be of a singleton.

OK am hanging out to hear how Tam's NT u/s scan goes...she has promised piccies of the twins plus an updated belly shot.

Tiff, have you got a preg belly yet (or is that a silly question )?

tiggy Guest

Sal,
    I DO have a preggy belly!!

The top of my fundal height was 16cm yesterday at 11 weeks! It's not even meant to be above the pubic bone yet!! Ha Ha!!!

Sal Guest

Wow!! You need to get your supermodel av fitted out with a snazzy belly asap then!!

Sal Guest

Tiff, I hadn't visited your website for a while, just had a peek - that is so cute, calling them bean and sprout! And the 3D pics are just amazing.

Hey Everyone

Yeah everyone is busy busy at the moment, I've been at home with a cold so have had too much time to be on BB!

Sal - I had my scan on Wednesday, it was so nice to finally see there is something there. There is only one bubby, the sad thing is there was an empty sac where the second bubby had started to grow but couldn't hang in there. Heartbeat was 130 though so everything looks good.

Anyway, huge congrats on hitting the 2nd trimester - heres to huge bellies!! Yay!

Tiff - going to have a look at your website now, glad to hear everything is going well for you.

Take care all.

Awww Tiff - two very precious wee bundles. Those 3D scans are amazing!

Sal Guest

Amy, I'm so glad that your bubby is doing well, though sad to hear that you did have two for a while there. I hope you and your DH are OK, I know I'd be sad about the 'what if'.

Sal - Woohoo on reaching the second tri! Oh how I cannot wait!!!!!

Tiff - I'm so glad that you have a preggy belly! I am sure I have a small "pot" atm, well I am hoping otherwise, I'm going to be in trouble after the deed if it's just fat!!!!

Amy - Hugs again!

Not much happening here with me, went to my GP today and checked in and worked out dates etc.. Have a BT in 2 weeks and my 12 week scan in 4 weeks.

I am really driving myself demented atm. I am obsessed with "missed" miscarriages atm and are sending myself round the bend imagining that one or both babies are not doing so well 8-[ Not sure I can wait for another 4 weeks for a scan and come out the other side, sane! Why is there so much waiting for us????? it is giving me the $hits!

Oh and my cold is wearing me down as well, grrrr!

tiggy Guest

Jo,
    You know, you can go and have another scan, don't you?
    Some women even make up excuses like, I fell over or I was in a car accident because they don't want to say, I feel really weird and worried that somwthing is amiss.

Amy, hugs to you girl. Sorry to hear that you lost one little one but glad to hear that your other little bub is strong with a great hb!

Sal, You won't find any belly shots on my site, sorry. It's already pendulous and ugly from having the girls and William and then having a classical (up and down) abdo op when my uterus gave up! It's stiped and spotted and has no shape other than floppy. Dave wanted to do one of those plaster casts of my tummy and bbs but I am doubtful that it will look anything like the above mentioned! But look for more shots next week when I have the NT scan. I love seeing them, it's still sinking in. WOW you are 14 weeks! That is fantastic! I STILL remember the night I got on to find that you were pg!!

girls, just a quick and most probably dumb question, but what is a NT scan? 8-[

tiggy Guest

hey Keen,

sorry,writing one handed whilst rocking a very unhappy 2 day old! Nt is nuchal translucency. The ultrasonographer measures the thickness of the nuchal fold at the nape of the neck of bubs. depending on thickness,it give you a risk assessment for downs syndrome.You also have a bt, unless you are having twins, then it won' work. hth.

Sal Guest

hehe Tiff, I understand about you not putting belly shots up. I won't be, either. I don't have the excuse of having had three kids already (two of them twins) plus major abdominal surgery - which is truly understandable - but I've always hated my belly, never worn a bikini and am destined for many stretchmarks (my sis and mum have shown the way on this)!!

I've seen about those plaster cast things, I wouldn't do one of those either as I think my bbs are too big and ugly. Nope, no 'body issues' with me at all

Jo, I was completely obsessed with the idea that I had a missed miscarriage, especially as I had no pg symptoms. I was sure that it was going to disappear once I had the NT scan and hit the majic 12w mark, but I must say that I'm still worrying about it....I guess when I feel the bub kicking me then I'll feel better. Actually, I am probably going to worry right up until I hit the 28w mark.

Well just wanted to let you all know that the NT scan went very very well and pics are on the web.

Sal Guest

Tam, that is wonderful that everything went well - the pics are great, so clear. Are you still feeling that they are both boys?

TamB - That is soooo fantastic and they look beautiful.

Thanks Girls

Yeah still thinking both are boys. But maybe that is a little bias as well, who knows. I played around with the scanner to get a good quality print, so I might try re doing the others over the weekend too. Plus add in the belly pic.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast