Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC ~ March 2006 #3

Ha! Mel, good idea adding those stupid comments. Of course I dont have any, but was shopping with a pregnant friend yesterday and an older woman looked her up and down and said " Gee there sure are a lot of people having twins these days, and you must be overdue now are you?".... she is having only one baby, is 5 months pregnant and is a perfectly normal (if not leaning toward small) size for that stage! How rude! My response to the woman was "thank you - we cant wait to be parents"..... she just about choked!

Good one Keen!!

Mel PMSL at "your life is going to change forever" - Ah, derrrr.....

My mum said to me: "the first one never comes early". Famous last words Mum.

Mel, I'm getting a bit excited for you !:bellyrub:

skyelar Guest

=D> PMSL Keen, good one, bet that stopped her in her tracks.

I used to hate the 15 or so phone calls a day I got once my due date came & went. I'd pick up the phone & get 'You still there???' Drove me insane ](*,)

Another good one was 'oh your belly is so little, you will be having a tiny bubba' 9lb 9oz later I don't believe that one anymore either!

Hehe, yep good one on those silly comments Mel. :-)

PMSL at ur comeback Keen, hehe.

Sarah, happy b'day. :-)

Strange thing happened earlier, could be bit embarrassing depending on what it is. 1am started leaking & jumped out of bed & onto loo, did have fluid in bladder, but felt more than that, so put pad in, 20mins later, similar thing again, felt leaking, got up & was more, clear this time. Dunno if waters or ah-em, u know what.

Happened another twice, lay down for 20mins & leak, so hospital said to come in so they can confirm it's waters & give antibiotics for GBS+ & monitor bub & see what is to happen. If is it, they dont let GBS+ people go longer than 18hrs from waters breaking. Will get sis to give updates when she knows them.

OOOOOHH Shell i know you won't get this message but here's to a speedy and gentle labour \/

Well I'm back, yep, membranes have ruptured (1am) & keep leaking. Have been given amoxil to take every 8hrs & sent home to let nature take it's course as only havin irregular BH so far. To go back Mon 8am for another CTG if nothing happens by then & to be induced that day.

Ooooh Shell, how exciting Do you have someone's mobile number so they can post for you?? And thanks for the birthday wishes as well!

Wow Shell - thinking of you. How exciting, hope it all goes well and you don't have to be induced. Can't wait to hear your news.

Isn't it funny how just as many people think you are huge as think you are small for whatever stage you are at??

Love to all XX

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

woo hoo Shell - \/ I am so excited - you might be the first of our April bubbas - hope you have a gentle labour :contract:

skyelar Guest

Aww Shell how exciting

Hope things go beautifully for you!

Yaye Shell!! Cant wait to hear all about it. :bellyrub:

Wonder how Mel & Sush are coming along...

Ugh I am so miserable
    I feel sooooooooo sick and Im exhausted and along with all my usual stuff I have 11 puppies to clean up after. Thankgod Dh's days off start Tuesday so I can have 4 days of rest and relax. I love the pups theyre so cute but I will be happy to see them grow up and go to good home's. Then I can use the proceeds towards the "Save Anna" fund for a holiday
    Good luck Shell, cant wait to see if you have bub soon! I hope you have a fast and easy labour!

Well I start my 15th week today I def look it now, I def feel it now. Just waiting on those first movements.

Hope ya'll are having a happy start to April!

Woohoo Shell, quite exciting. I won't be able to leave now!!
    This is quite a surprise given the earlier conversations about who was going first!

Hope all goes well.

Thnx girls, well still waiting waiting, nothin happenin as yet, might have to go for a walk.
    Thnx Sarah, yeah I've given my sis my BB login details so she can pass on updates. We've banned everyone from hosp until about 1hr after birth. :-)
    Anna, wow, 11 pups all up, that'll be keepin u very busy.
    Tam, it is quite surprising isn't it, never thought I'd be the first, although Sush mentioned it. However in saying that, no-ones heard from Sushee or Mel yet though have they? :-)

Shell - How exciting!! Goodluck for the labour - I hope the bubby goes easy on you.

All the best Shell \/

Oh my God, SHELL!! Best of luck my sweet!! I was only joking when I wrote on Friday that you might go first. Holly must have heard me!! I'll be thinking of you and waiting eagerly for news.

Sarah - I hope you're having a great birthday and getting thoroughly spoiled. :blowcandle:

Sam- Just saw that you are expecting another :boy: so CONGRATULATIONS! Sorry if I'm a bit tardy on this ... I just noticed it on your ticker!

Anna - hope you feel some movements soon. I started getting them around 13/14/15 week mark. Funny little things too ... like an invisible finger tapping me under the navel from the inside.

Keen - HA!! at your comeback in the shop. What a hoot!

Skye - I have to agree ... the comments about how big or little a person is seem to bear so little relevance to the eventual size of the baby. I'm hoping this one will be around 7lbs as that's what I was but he's hanging in there so who knows what size he will be when he eventually decides to come out?

So as you can see, no action on this front girls. Just waiting. Looks like I might come in at number 3 at this stage ... is that right Sush?

Catch up with you all tomorrow.

Mel

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast