Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ March 2006

*lines up to fill a soon to be empty seat*It's getting so exciting in here!!!!! Good luck to all you wonderful women!!!

*Beccy* Guest

Hi Everyone

I'm (very) new ~ may I take a seat in your thread?

DH and I are very excited, and yet cautious this time round. Have only told very close friends and going to see family on the weekend to give the good news!
    I know my mum will scream with joy and my dad will cry! We've been holding off talking about the pg around DD (4yrs) because we know that she'll be chatting on and on at her kindy about mummy having a baby in her tummy....and we know it would be horrible to have to tell everyone "again" if we m/c. I have a very positive outlook this time around. This pg feels completely different from last year and the pg symptoms are very strong.

Anyway, enough of my babble...I hope to get to know all of you in the coming weeks.

Night
    Beccy :flower:

Nice to finally see you here Beccy! Course you can have a seat, more the merrier for us!!

Morning Ladies,

Beccy, welcome to our humble thread and congrats! Hope it all goes well for you.

Shez - your seat awaits, my sweet!!

Tiff - It's sad how funerals sometimes bring out the worst in people. I'm just relieved for you that you now have some time and space to yourself to think about your Dad and just cry if that's all you want to do. I totally understand it. The break with just you, Dave and the kids sounds like a good idea too. Hope you find somewhere beautiful to calm your senses. So good to hear that the little ones are doing well ... how amazing that they both smiled on the same day!

Hope everyone else is doing okay. Shall pop back in later to see if there have been any developments ... (one never knows)

Love,

Mel

Hey Mel, I just realised you're next in line.... Not long to go now

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi girls,

sorry to have been MIA lately. Have had a horrible few days, as my DD got assaulted by a group of youths Fri night and was pretty badly beaten up. It was completely unprovoked, and while she was with 3 friends (all guys) no one came to her aid when she got jumped, as one of the people who got stuck into her was 27yo and much bigger.

I've spent the last few days virtually living at the Police Station and the Drs getting her injuries assessed for the Police. They intend to lay serious aggravated assault charges on these people.

But while the Police are plodding along, some of the parents in the neighbourhood have contacted me to say that this group have been terrorising kids here for months. Some of the dads were talking about getting together and going down to the skate park, where this group hangs out, and 'teaching them a lesson' So on top of everything, I've been constantly on the phone to parents to try to stop any vigilante action that's been fuelled by testosterone.

DD will need to be ferried up and down from work until the offenders get arrested and charged, and honestly, she is too scared to venture too far away from me now. We've also started proceedings to get a restraining order out.

So at this point, I don't have time to go into labour! Lol! Have had many BHs, they're getting more and more uncomfortable every night, but, again, I am praying for some time to sort things out for my DD so that I can relax and have this baby, and enjoy it for heaven's sake!

I'm off to drive DD to work now. Poor thing still has what's left of a black eye. Will be back later.

Love
    sushee

Oh Sushee what dreadful news. I hope that the guys are caught and that you DD gets some peace of mind soon.

And Tiff, so sorry about your news.

Omg :shock: Sush what is this world coming to :shock: i hope your DD is coping alright is is on mend i hope the police get these thugs and they get what they deserve and your right now is probably not the best time to go into labour i hope [-o< you get things sorted so you can relax and peacefully have the ending you want to this long waited for pg take care

sheree ~ how are things going with you ?

Thanks for asking about me Shazz. I am back at work. Spotting has stopped. I have dreadful hayfever, my ob said it was OK to take the vitamins but I'm not game yet! I have increased my calcium and omega3 vitamins though and my energy has increased and M/S seems to have eased (knock on wood).

How is everybody this fine fine morning?

Sush, so sorry to hear about your DDs assault. Shazz is right what is this world coming to?? So sad that no one felt they could intervene.
    Love and hugs to you and yours xo

Back from dropping DD off.

Sheree, am so glad to hear that the spotting has stopped. I remember when I got that rash, everyone I spoke to told me that only Polaramine (sp?) was safe on pg women, but like you, I wasn't game to try anything. I hope the hayfever eases. Probably aggravated by your pg too.

As for me, now that DD and DS are safely off to work/school respectively, can have a minute to catch my breath. Had some more mucous come away yesterday, about 50 cents worth, but am still hoping that it doesn't mean bub is coming earlier than expected.

As for the thugs who jumped my DD, have had lots of help from people in the neighbourhood and the parents of DD's school mates, all of whom have managed to get the names, addresses and ages of the offenders. 2 of the four are under 18, and so not much will happen to them. But the other two should get some time, esp considering they're already known to the Police, and two other parents are going down there today to lodge complaints of the harrassment and bullying of their children.

Poor DD just met some friends for dinner at Maccas and was going to walk to a party across the park. It was only 9pm and there were tonnes of kids around. Yet not one person helped her. This is what makes me so angry!

Urgh, there I go ranting about it again. Am taking the day off today, no cooking, no cleaning, just resting. Am hoping to enjoy these last few weeks of being pg after all the drama of the last few days. Haven't been sleeping at all well lately either so maybe a nanna nap would be in order! Lol!

Mel, 3 weeks or so left for you. When do we start Mel-watch?

love
    sushee

skyelar Guest

Sush that is just disgusting. Your poor DD, I can imagine how terrified she must have been & still is! Fingers crossed the police can nab these [email protected]@rds and put them away. Great that they seem to know who they are after.
    Stay put for a little while longer bubs Let Mummy have a nice rest first :flower:

Sheree I am so glad your spotting has stopped. Only a week & a day till your NT scan

Mel you are up soon! Can you believe it! How are you feeling?

I had my first appt with my Ob yesterday. Saw our little bubba again, already measuring a week ahead. My Dr recommended a Low GI diet to try to keep babys' size down. He said it may not work & I might just be destined to have big bubbas. Even though my labour was rapid with her I tore badly & recovery was a bit 'ouchy'. [-o< for a little one this time. I got the form to book in for my NT scan. He said go anytime from 11.5 to 12.5 weeks, am I better off waiting till 12.5?

A big :wave: to everybody else, hope you are having a great day!

Sheree ~ i am glad the spotting has stopped bugger about the hayfever though i think sometimes hayfever would make you feel a whole lot crappier ( is that a word lol ) then MS take it easy

Sush ~ Mel watch sush watch Shell watch we are going to be very busy in here geez even i'm counting down the days should be about fifty now i think at this point i'm out of the April race they informed me yesterday that going by yesterdays scans that they may Not induce me middle of april after all bugger bugger bugger but as long as bubs is healthy and remains that way i can plod along ( even if i have to drag myself to the finish line )

Skyelar ~ Glad your appt went well
    I got the form to book in for my NT scan. He said go anytime from 11.5 to 12.5 weeks, am I better off waiting till 12.5?
    not sure about this one sorry i wouldn't think it would make a huge difference as long as you went in that one week window

Skye,

I went at 12 weeks 2 days, but anytime in that window would be fine. I would have gone in sooner if I was able.

love
    sushee

Tiff, meant to say this b4, oops, that holiday sounds great, just what the Dr ordered.

Becky, welcome & congrats on ur xclnt news.

Shez, can't wait til u can take ur seat here too.

Sushee, oh no, I was wonderin where u had got to. I hope that all is sorted out quick smart & that ur DD is recovering well. Yikes on the 3 boys she was with & all the other onlookers not helping her out at all, thats terrible, not to mention these bullies have been going at it for sometime & still are.

Sheree, yay on spotting & m/s easing for u, just hope the hayfever does too.

Skye, hope u dont have tearing this time, ouch. NT scan, hmm, not sure, I was told 12-13.5wks from memory & I had mine at 12w4d. :-) It was the morph scan that they told me to wait longer as more growth, but couldn't help myself, they said 18-20.5wks but no earlier than 19wks preferably, I went at 18w6d.

Shazz, hehe, u never know what nature will do huh, may be late april for u, but like u said, so long as bub's is healthy. :-)

Yeah I think it is time to start Mel watch too. :-)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast