Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ March 2006

skyelar Guest

OH WOW!!! So exciting, the first baby since I have joined this thread.

Congrats Amy on the arrival of Noah, :happybday: you big healthy boy!

Yah for Amy & DH, & welcome to Noah.

All I can say is OMG!!!!
    Hoping all is going well so far.

Congrats Amy and DH!!! Welcome to Noah...

Skyelar, know what u mean, DH's idea of quiet is definitely not the same as mine. :-)

Alicia, yeah BP is perfect & no protein in urine, so not pre-eclampsia, just bad oedema.

Melbo, used to be heat makin them worse, but now they swell daily, yeah not much longer. Yeah think we all better get used to these early morning wake ups huh, :-)

Amy, huge congrats on baby Noah, oh dear on the lengthy labour though, hope ur recovery is speedy. Thanx Sush.

xcellent news Amy and DH, congrats on the birth of Noah. All the very best. \/

Patient-Rose Guest

Congratulations Amy!!! And welcome little (bit really quite big!) Noah to this big wide world. :happy4u:

:wave: Hi Noah and welcome to the world.. no doubt you will bring much joy and happiness into mum and dads lives....

Love Leis xx

Afternoon ladies

i just got back from the hospital,

nothing much really to report or should i say nothing has changed bub still head down the doc did a quick scan in his rooms ( that was scan # 14 for this Pg and still more to come it's getting ridiculous) Bp - good blood sugars Not so Good but they have not up'ed my insulin dose as yet i go for my first growth scan tomorrow then back to do it all again next week

big wooo hoooo though we picked up the carpet for the nursery today so this weekend i will be painting the nursery ready for the carpet to be laid next week i can't wait \/

OMG Shazz, u certainly have had a few scans... :-) U'll probably have an album full of pickies then already, hehe. Yay on ur carpet.

yep Shell ~ i have got a fair few piccies but i haven't had any new ones taken in the last 5 or so scans , how are you going ?

Fine thnx, nothin major at all... :-)

Sorry to just do a quickie about me BUT.....
    I have dreadful hayfever, a naturopath recommended horseradish, garlic, vit c, fenugreek and marshmallow tablets. However, my research says that horseradish and fenugreek should be avoided in pregnancy. Do you ladies have any ideas?

Sorry Sheree, I have no idea on that sorta stuff... hope u find ur answer. Ooh, only 10 more days til ur NT scan. :-)

Me neither Sheree i hope it eases for you soon though

tiggy Guest

Sheree. Avoid Fenu greek - it releases oxytocin! (Contraction hormone) and is commonly used in increasing breast milk supply.

Amy BIG Congrats to you on the birth of your gorgeous Noah!! (Nice name BTW)

Morning girls,

Tiff - how are you darling? Been thinking of you and yours for what it's worth. And yes, we now have two Noahs in the forum!

Sheree - I think there are actually some meds you can take for hayfever during pg but I have not tried the herbs myself. My obstetrician said one of the nasal sprays was okay and something for my red eyes called Antistine Privine. I only had to use them a few times fortunately and then it cleared up. What a hassle to have hayfever now ... hope you are not feeling too sick.

Babydreams - new carpet is always nice (aaaaaah ...

softness).

Bet you'll soon have that nursery looking spick and span.

Shell, with Amy on the mother road, this must mean you, me and Sush are next cabs off the rank. I wonder which one of us will go first?

We did take some pictures over the weekend but I need to get some assistance from DH to resize them before I put them on the site. Might do a little reshuffle of the photos too and put some others up for you to look at.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm off to get my roots done.

Love,

Mel

tiggy Guest

Hey Mel,

We are all ok. Dad's funeral was yesterday. It was a very surreal experience to say the very least. My mum was there, she and my Dad were married for 25 years and were GF and BF for five years before that. Marion (my Dad's second wife) was there too. Boasting 15 years of relationship (five of which overlapped with my Mum and Dad still being married). It was weird and I didn't know where to be and I didn't really get to grieve my Dad in any way because I was so stressed about keeping the peace. Add to the mix my sister, who hadn't spoken to my Dad (except on his death bed) or me for three good years, playing the terribly beautiful, terribly distressed 'daughter' and you can imagine how the day was for me. The kids were told in no uncertain terms that they were not allowed to go (by Marion's family) and so I had to deal with their emotions on a different level. *SIGH* It's a good grounds for NOT getting divorced. Blended families just don't work at times like these.
    It's all ok now, all over and done with and I can grieve my Dad somewhere nice, like in the garden or on a beach or with people I feel comfortable with and who understand.

We are planning to go away at the beginning of April for William's second birthday and Angel day. I just don't want to be at home and I am wanting to go somewhere where I have happy memories. So that is in the pipeline now. It's going to take alot of organising with the two little babies travelling with us but I am hoping a family break is just what we need around that time. S, forgive me if I am not online when your precious little man makes his grand entrance.

Ivy and Noah are great. They have a cold but are still in good spirits. They both chose yesterday to give me their first real social smiles God bless their cotton socks, it's as if they knew I needed cheering up! They are starting to goo and gaa now and look around more, interact with us. Noah can't miss a thing, he is such a busy body. I feel so lucky to have them in my life.

How are you going Mel? Not long now. Although, now is the time when you start to feel it drag, I guess, wanting to meet your special little man!

Thanks for asking after us, Mel, it means more than you know!

Sheree, I forgot to mention, when I had allergic rhinitus (sneezin but not that often, ear infection, sore throat...) which is apparently very common in pg, my GP gave me a nasal spray but cant remember its name & some pennicilan. Wonder if they'd help with hayfever?

Mel, I know 'tis getting so close isn't it, oh & also KelliW & possibly Shazz may be April mummies too, so many in a few wks. And only 22 days to go for u, yay. Can't wait to c ur pickies.

Tiff, what a nightmare that would've been for u & the family, especially at a time like that. Can't choose ur rels huh.

Well some small news here, 3am Sat onwards, very mild cramps on/off, not that many really & wasnt bowels. Driving home from work yesterday (6:15pm - 7pm) 3-5mins apart had upper abdo cramps, nausea, mid back pain, mild though, but I definitely started to think well this is either it, or in preparation, but I guess as they say these sortof things can last for days or wks before hand. No sign of anythin else though. :-) Well as soon as I got home, I layed down to c if they'd subside, like midwife in antenatal classes taught us & well they disappeared, so not labour. Still gettin the usual BH but no more/less than usual.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast