Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after LT TTC #13

Well done Paula and congrats to you and your DH on the safe arrival of Miss Tiana.

Can't wait to see photos! Rest up and enjoy your babymoon.

xxx

I understand Juniper...I'm just really not into politics...and it does astound me that people feel so passionately about it that they volunteer their time. I guess I used to volunteer at RSPCA..each to their own. Poor you having to hand 'em out, but good on you to support your folks.

Glenny, I've just checked out the NW website and I work every alternate Saturday....yup every one in August / September I'm working! Will have to sort something out. right off to the big lunch yeh!x

Just wanted to say congrats to Paula - welcome Tiana!

No news from this side at the moment, hope everyone is having a great day!

xxxx

Ha ha you girls are funny I don't look at BB for 2 days and I have about 3 pages to read!

Paula congratulations on the birth of Tiana, hope everything is going well.

Airline oh my god I was laughing thinking about you hiding in your house from your parents!!! Hilarious. Even more hilarious that they came around even when you said you wouldn't be there (and that you knew they would and were prepared).
    Oh and on the poo issue when you are a bit constipated it is normal to then have runny stuff afterwards, it is the overflow and it's like everything has built up then the body goes a bit overboard getting it all out. Gross. I have been so regular, more than normal which is great - can get the order right in the morning ie toilet then shower (sorry tmi but I hate getting the order wrong!!)

On the gum thing, my dentist told me your gums can shrink considerably when pregnant, dehydrated or even when you are stressed. Then you get sensitive teeth as the dentine is uncovered or something. I thought I had a hole last time I went but this is what is was. And staying hydrated definately helps!

Last time the election was on it was really awkward as I know the local Labour person, and I saw him at the polling booth and he came up and talked to me and handed me the voting stuff and then I had to get it from the NP person who I actually wanted to vote for! Awkward moment really, but no way I was voting for him he is a tool! And I am in a pretty safe national seat anyway so I don't think it really matters. Although the nat party member is a bit of a tool as well!

Obviously the baby bonus thing has changed since I had DS - it used to be a one off NOT means tested payment. Oh well, hopefully we will still get something. There is a new hospital being built here and the move is in March - so I could either be the last person in the old hospital or the first in the new, but unsure of dates it changes just yet so won't hold my breath. Last time when I had DS I had a cold shower the whole time as there was no hot water in the maternity unit. Which is very uncomfortable at the best of times. This year the pipes in the hospital have frozen several times meaning there was no water at all in the hospital until midday.

Anyway enough *****ing about our local hospital, where I actually have to work tomorrow!

Take care everyone

just a quickie as we're about to leave for our 'non-dirty' dirty weekend! The thought of anything physical is way too daunting...luckily DH is v.understanding.

Glad I amused some of you with my folks' antics....how much did we pay them out yesterday after we gave them the news!!

Anyway, it was an emotional event, with mum unwrapping the babygro, seeing the word surprise then holding it up and realising what it was on....my dad gave me the biggest, hardest and longest hug and got all teary - unusual for him, as did my mum. They know all we've been through and are just delighted. It was special and I took a quick photo just after which shows them still with pink noses and wet eyes holding the babygrow.

right, DH has done everything! vacuum, animal husbandry etc so I must get off here!!
    enjoy your weekends xx

Congrats Paula on the birth of little Tiana, hope you are both doing well.

I will have to catch up with everything soon. My grandfather took a turn for the worst on Wed so i have been back and forth to Wollongong and sydney in the last couple of days and i am now exhausted physically and emotionally.

Have a great weekend.

Just a quick one as I'm off to Sydney in a couple of hours...

airline, I'm glad to hear the lunch went so well! I hope you have a great weekend!

Maggie, FX you get to be one of the first in the new hospital. The current government brought in the means testing of the baby bonus mid last year I think(?).

Renee, sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope he improves soon.

Afm, we had our 2nd OB appt yesterday. Everything is going well. The midwife couldn't find the HB with the doppler, so she did a scan - turned out bub was swimming around upside down... She said we should put in it's diary that it presented it's bottom to the midwife. Once she knew where to look she could find the HB so we got to listen to it for the first time!

Anyway, better run. Off to Sydney for a week. Hoping for some warm weather (not likely from what I've heard)! Not sure if I'll get to check in, so I'll wish you all a wonderful week now!

Paula, big congratulations!!!!!

Renee, hope things start to look up with your Grandfather. Question for you if you get time: my friend is 8 weeks pregnant and has day long MS, she said that she's been put on chemo drugs for the MS, a tablet that is dissolvable in water, about $12 a tablet. I figure you're the best person to ask re terrible MS - did your doc ever suggest anything like that? Apparently the drugs are safe for baby, but I just read 'chemo' and got a bit worried about side effects.

Juniper, have a good time in Sunny Sydney ;-)

Airline, I love what you did to surprise your folks, you put so much thought and effort into it. Re North West, I did the tour and found out the new maternity wing wont be ready until around January, so unfortunately Brunette and I will be in the old wing, whereas if you select NW as your hospital you'll be in the brand spanker!! nice! And I filled out the online form and then wondered why I hadn't heard from anyone, then found out you also need to fill in the paper form. I think with the pre-natal classes you book in after 12 weeks but before you hit 15 weeks (from memory) to secure your spot. It's $200. With pregnancy yoga you don't need to have done any yoga beforehand. I meant to book in at about 15 weeks but just never got around to it, and now finances are tight I don't think I'll be able to anyway. There's yoga on the wii fit so maybe I can do a bit of that, or see if I can ebay a pregnancy yoga dvd or something.

MaggiePie - that hot water situation in that hospital doesn't sound that great, I would hope that they have other perks that would make you choose it as your hospital?

My DH tells me that his Dad spoke to him yesterday and asked how I was going and if I was showing yet? Um, I'm a week off being 6mths pregnant, nothing fits, I'm normally small, so um, what do you think? ha ha, men! I just hope that he shows more interest in this grandchild than he does in his other 2 (DH's sister's kids).

I have got a pile of washing and folding to get to, so I hope you've all had a great weekend, and big belly rubs to all.

Chrissy

Hi all, sorry I have been quiet of late. Very confused atm, still no m/s, my breasts not as sore as they were, and today every time i go to the loo and wipe there is brown discharge, looks like start of a period, slightly red last night. Not sure what to do, my GP currently on holidays, my first scan with the fertility clinic is on Thursday, will be 7 weeks. I took a pregnancy test this morning, just to check and still positive. Just have to wait and see I suppose...

Great to see everyone's stories and everything going so well for you all! Hopefully, I'm just make a fuss over nothing :-(

CK77 - Has your friend been put straight onto this or has she been on any other medication which hasn't worked? Is she vomiting all day, everyday or is it just a couple of vomits then constent nausea? Is she even being physically sick? I know that the chemo drug is given in really bad situations but usually after a number of hospital visits due to severe M/S. I would have thought that only being 8 weeks if she is just vomiting occasionally but really nauseus maxalon would have been the first thing that would have been given to her. My Doc has mentioned the other drug and i had a girlfriend who had to take it. But my girlfriend was vomiting up to 20 times and day and was in and out of hospital before they would give her the drug. It does work very well but is as you said very expensive. Like i said it depends on the severity of her M/S but i would be trying maxalon before i jumped to that drug, especially being only 8 weeks. Hope that helps

Here is the most updated version!!!

Loula 19th Aug 2010 - it's a ???
    Nix76 24th Aug 2010 - It's a ??? - Lil Bub

Emerald Star 26th Oct 2010 - It's a ??? - ???

Miss K 5th Nov 2010 - It's a ???

CK77 Dec 19th 2010 – it's a ??? - Munchkin
    Brunette Dec 24th 2010 - it's a ??? - Double Trouble
    Renee Dec 28th 2010 – it's a ??? - Little Bug

Glenny C Jan 5th 2011 - it's a ???
    Leabie Jan 11th – it's a ???
    KitKat Jan 19th - it's a ???
    S’Rose Jan 20th – it's a ??? - Little Monkey

Juniper76 Feb 2nd - it's a ???
    Maggie Feb 2nd -it's a ???
    Worrywart Feb 7th - it's a ???
    BJ*81
    MissAma – LHB
    Lairdoz Feb 24th - it's a ???

Lisa B Mar 5th - it's a ???
    MaggiePie Mar 22nd - it's a ???
    Jaki80 Mar 30th - Little Man
    Airline Mar 30th - it's a ???

BABIES BORN

Paula---Welcome Tiana!!!
    Sonyalouise--???
    Dusty---Welcome Freya!!
    Ninah---Welcome ???
    Seachange---Welcome Thomas!!
    Londonmiss --- Welcome Charlotte!!
    Wantbaby#2 ---Welcome Ellie!!
    Wishes --- Welcome Casey!!
    Mitf --- Welcome Luke!!
    Lise --- Welcome Finnian!!
    Mrs Slyder welcome two lovely girls!
    Persephone --- Welcome Archie!
    Kyrawolfe--- Welcome Tristan!
    LilMissHaveachat --- Welcome Ethan!
    Sammiejam - Welcome Colt!
    BOC - Welcome Jagger Dylan!
    BDT---- Welcome Sophia & Aria!
    Saph----Welcome Xavier!
    Greenslw---- Welcome Lincoln!
    Smithy---- Welcome Charlie!
    Ella'sMum---- Welcome Emme!
    Poppyfairy---- Welcome Robin!
    Grub17---- Welcome Ashton!
    Laniwantsababy---- Welcome Jett!
    Bella55---- Welcome Jack & Samuel!
    Miss Magpie---- Welcome Trent!
    Murph01----Welcome Jasmine!
    Neptune----Welcome Adam!
    KellyD---Welcome Tara Rose!

Our thoughts and prayers go to those beautiful mothers whose precious babies have been taken too soon.
    Much loved & wanted son of Frosty'sMum, Benjamin born sleeping @ 14 weeks 4days. Our thoughts are with you.
    Much loved & wanted daughter of Hippy Mum & Hippy Dad, Georgia Ariela taken too early from this earth 12-03-09 @ 22wk 6d
    Much loved and wanted son of Chez67 & her DH, Ryan Patrick, born sleeping 17-03-09 @ 18wk 1d

Wow! I can't believe I'm halfway up the list! That's insane!!

Just a quickie because I've been MIA over the weekend and haven't had time this morning at work to read everyone's posts. I will do more persies next time I'm on, promise.

Renee, OMG you're scaring me: I can't believe I'm sixth from the top of the list! Aaaaagh, scary. Sorry to hear about your grandad.

Sweetie, Can you call your OB and move the appointment forward from Thursday to tomorrow or even Wednesday? If it helps to reassure you, I had bleeding - red and brown - very early on - about four days after finding out I was PG, so four weeks and a couple of days. I didn't have much red blood but this happened on at least two occasions and I would get brown blood when wiping after going to the loo. Our FS scanned us at 5 weeks and we were able to see two blobs on the screen and he could see their heartbeats. I had a subchorionic haemhorrage and a blood clot was bigger than the size of each bub so was put on bed rest till week 12. I'm now 22 weeks. I think I still got brown spotting/bleeding till about week 8 or thereabouts. I won't tell you not to panic because if you're anything like me that would be a pointless exercise But definitely call your OB and tell them you've had bleeding and you want to see him/her tomorrow.

Hi ladies, hope your Mondays are all going well!

Sweetie - I'm with Brunette, see if you can bring your appointment forward, so you don't have to wait so long. You may not have an OB yet, the FS should be able to help you though. You poor darl, it must be stressful. Like Brunette said, try not to stress too much (easier said than done), plenty of women have had spotting/bleeding during their pgs.

Renee - hope that everything is going OK with your grandfather, and the travelling isn't taking too much out of you.

Airline - hope you enjoyed your non-dirty "dirty weekend"! You had me in stitches with the story of your parents, sounds like something my mum would've done, god rest her soul! And as someone else said, no, you don't need to have done yoga to do prenatal, its nice and gentle, lots of stretching and toning (and relaxing, I liked that bit!). Do it if you can, its great.

Brunette - hehe, no, didn't find out the sex of bub at the 19 wk scan, and at the end of it the sonographer said she couldn't even tell us if we wanted her to, there was no "evidence" one way or another. Now I've just got to get through the next 11 appointments with the OB (he scans me every time)... FX I don't accidentally see something!

MaggiePie - hope you get to have your bub in the new hospital. Its a bit scary that in the 21st century in Oz we have hospitals that have no hot water / water at all! Keep your legs crossed til the new one's finished

glenny_c - hate to tell you babe, but we're MORE than halfway up the list! I def agree - scary! Where is the time going?

Juniper - hope you're enjoying your week here in Sydney. At least we put on a couple of good days for you on the weekend, today is another matter though

Chrissy - the story about your FIL made me giggle - you're right, men! Hope you're doing well.

Paula - a massive congratulations on the arrival of little Tiana! Hope you're both doing great.

Hi to anyone I've missed, to everyone.

AFM - all good here. DH sort-of felt the baby kick on the weekend, he wasn't quite sure that he wasn't imagining it, so didn't have a very OTT reaction. Hopefully as the kicks get stronger, he'll get a bit more excited! I got worried the other day because I didn't feel much kicking for a couple of days (even though I know that this is common at this stage). Worked out it was because I'd been really stressed in the previous week and the baby was going bananas, so when I calmed down, so did bub, hence not as much kicking. Note to self - v. important to try and keep calm for bub's sake! The poor little thing.

Have a good week everyone!

Sweetie - how you going?? if they won't move the scan you could go to a GP - I went to any GP if mine wasn't available at the practice, and get 2 BTs done 48hrs apart. That's what I did before our scan as the m/s had subsided and we got worried. It was just what I needed to feel better to see the figures still going up. I had those BTs at just over 7 weeks.

Renee - I think Jaki80's due date is 28th March BTW.

Leabie - crazy parents eh?! what can you do! :-) thanks for info re. yoga, gotta go find somewhere now. I can't wait till I can feel bubba move, but equally excited for DH to feel it too. You just want them to understand and be included as much as possible don't you.

AFM - weekend was lovely. Discovered not much point eating out right now, DH gets to eat most of my portion even if it's what i 'fancied'. Had my favourite Thai red curry - chicken not prawn - ...managed some chicken, carrot, boiled rice, that was it! Had steak another night...normally have it medium-rare, but had it medium ....what a waste! lesson learned there. Was jealous of the couple tucking into tapas - said to DH, 'that's normally us'..... but couldn't physically look at what they were eating though...made me queasy!!! LOL ;-)

Told my boss and a lady who I've not worked with for a while due shifts and she got teary and said she felt like she was going to be a grandmother again! I work in a small office and due to our history they all knew what has gone on previously, I found it easier if I wasn't coping sometimes. Everyone was v. sweet, and my boss even said it felt like they'd all had a hand in it! I laughed, and said, well actually many people have been involved- just none of them.

I was awake from midnight to 1.30am ish arrrrgghhhhh. Normally I don't feel queasy but did last night. Munched loudly on a biscuit while poor DH rubbed my back (he was up at 4.15 for work bless him). Trying something different today. Instead of coming home and going to bed at 3pm I've taken dog for a walk and mooched about to see if it makes a difference. Not convinced it will, but willing to try anything.

Random statement time - I am LOVIN' OJ right now!! Naval oranges cut up and orange juice is awesome right now. x

Thanx Airline it is the 28th. I'm feeling ya with the juice too! I'm loving the golden circle stuff

Well thanks girls, I'm feeling ok. Only some slight brown spotting now. I was so busy at work today, had no time to make any personal calls... I'll try the clinic tomorrow see if they can fit me in earlier. Now I'm just feeling aching right hip and legs. Maybe sign of ectopic pregnancy, but suppose I should stop the self-diagnosis and see the doctor asap...

Sweetie - I hope you are feeling a wee bit better. As someone else said, it doesn't matter what people say, you will still worry. big hugs and let us know how you go with clinic. x

Jaki80 - Funny how i put in due date of 30th march as per FS, and yours and my ticker say same thing?! I know I keep talking about it, but it's just odd:-) I don't care when bubba arrives, as long as he/she is happy and healthy. xx

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast