Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Pregnancy after LT TTC #13

Juniper, that's a tough one. On the one hand, it's good to be thinking long term and buying a pram that has the capability of adding another seat for your second child. Playing devil's advocate, if it takes a while for you to fall with your second child, you might want to buy a new pram when the time comes. As you'd know, there are so many more options if you want to buy a pram for only one child. Personally I would have loved to have had all the choices of single prams - I would have got a really funky one with three wheels so I could run all over town - well, the parks and surrounding suburbs at least I've seen the Strider Plus and from memory it looks pretty groovy and it has three wheels for all terrain I think? As well as the option of the toddler seat. I'll pass on to you what I was told by a young mum who worked at a baby store. She had twins who were about 4 months old and she bought the Strider Plus. Since then the Baby Jogger City Select had come onto the market, with the option of also buying a second pram seat, or buying adapters to go with a bassinette plus pram seat or a capsule plus car seat. Hope this makes sense? Plus with the city select there are 16 different options to place the two babies in - check it out on the net and you'll see what I mean. Of course this option is a tandem one, not a side by side option. Anyway, back to the story of the twin mum who worked in the baby shop. She wanted to sell her virtually new Strider Plus and get the city select. She said she hated having one baby virtually underneath the other one; there was little or no visibility for the second baby. I hope I've helped. I'm reading it back and it looks a little like a PG lady rambling

Hi girls,

Hope everyone is well.

Brunette, on the head shape, I know it is common in premi babies, so maybe something that will even out with more growth?? I would go with Dr's advice and try not to worry (I know it's hard).

Airline, funny you should mention it but my DH in bed last night was telling me that he just found out friends had one of those sad stories years ago, before we knew them. I was just like, 'why are you telling me this now??'. Then he was like 'oh yeah that was silly'. I have a constant niggly worry this preg which is a shame as I don't think I can enjoy it as much as I did the previous ones. Was actually thinking I might go to my psych and see if she can help me get rid of it (makes it sound like an ant problem or something that can be exterminated!!)

Juniper, on the pram thing, we were lucky to be given a pram for our first. Then when #2 was on the way we couldn't get a toddler seat to fit it, as it was an older model. I ended up getting a phil and teds (explorer??). It has been great, although the old 4 wheel one was alot easier to steer one handed. Phil and Teds converts so that you can have toddler / baby (from newborn as it goes completely flat - some of the combo ones don't so you need to check this) or 2 kids in it. Which is good because if we have a long way to walk our 4 year old will still want to hop in. Have you got a friend with kids you can take to the shop with you? I would think if you are thinking of two and are spending the money now I would be prepared and get a toddler attachment now, otherwise when you need it it may not still be available. And if you are thinking of having another in the next 4 years you will need it, especially if they are like my DD and happy to sit in the pram still! Hope this helps.

AFM - had a nice morning some friends over for morning tea. Kids had a great time both knackered now and crashed out. Should be packing boxes for the upcoming move but decided to check BB instead!

Have a great week all

Hey girls
    re the stroller Juniper, we went to the Aspley Bubs Baby Shop and they were very very helpful. They spent about an hour with us 'virgin on all things bambino'. Anyhoo...we settled on the Phil & Ted Dash model. The lady told us that they had a sale starting (may still be on, we bought stroller week and a half ago) and gave us all the price reductions. The stroller was reduced and they were including the 2nd seat. We said that instead of the 2nd seat could we have a voucher and they gave us one for $70.00 (the 2nd seat is retailed at $109) so we bought the drinks holder and the UV protection thing (you know what i mean, cover thingy). We figured if we decide/are lucky enough to have a 2nd bubba then we'll fork out the money for the 2nd seat then, but at least we have the option.

YEH!!! sorry for shouting, but I've had 2 days of being virtually nausea free....think DH figured pounce while the iron's hot and we did the dance....I went from not being bothered at all 48hours ago to gagging for it LOL!! So after just over 3 months the drought is over....DH was delighted ;-) xx

HI Juniper,
    When I was pregnant with DD, I had always wanted a Bugaboo even though I knew they were ridiculously expensive - it has actually been great as DD slept in it for the first 14 weeks using it as a bassinet, our car seat attaches to it and she still far prefers it to this day to her Maclaren lightweight one. I'm not suggesting you get a Bugaboo - but rather for me, I just got the single pram I really wanted with the idea that if I was ever lucky enough to have a second, I could sell my single pram and buy a double. The single prams give you so many more options and once you start having to use a stroller you realise how restrictive they can be with stairs and having to fit through supermarkets and in shops. I haven't gone shopping at all for this bubba yet but will be getting a back to back or front/back stroller as you can't fit double strollers in most supermarket aisles. The great things is that it really doesn't matter either way, but that's my thoughts for what it's worth - happy shopping

Airline - here's to being nausea free!

Brunette - I have to agree with going with your OB and not worrying - if he was worried, I would be too and I know it's not ideal having to worry about anything, no matter how small, but your bubba will be just fine with all your love.

Maggiepie - heres to NOT packing and enjoying your day!

Hi to all you lovely ladies

AFM - It's a beautiful day here today, I took my DD to music for the 1st time in 2 months and she had a lovely time. Another of my friends from Mothers group is pregnant which is just lovely as there are now four of us pregnant at the same time - I have never felt like a real Mum, even though of course I am already one, kind of feels as though I have cheated my way into this club.

Thanks ladies.

Brunette, that was one thing I didn't like - that the bottom seat had no view. I'll google the one you mentioned. Part of me is wondering if we should just by a single one and deal with the extra cost of getting a new one if it happens. But then the other part of me says it makes sense to use the extra money elsewhere...

MaggiePie, this one allows both seats to be fully reclined.

Airline, the shop we looked at was Bubs Baby at Logan. I'm actually annoyed to find out there's one at Aspley because when we asked the lady if they had a store northside (we live at Everton Hills) she only mentioned Fortitude Valley and DH considered going back to Logan easier than dealing with the traffic/parking in the Valley. Anyway, we've got to go back down that way the next two weekends, so hopefully the stuff we ordered will be in by then. Their sale is on until 14 Oct. Good to hear you've had a couple of days without nausea! FX you've seen the end of it!

Lairdoz, our friends with twins have a side by side (plus the toddler seat on the front!) and it's huge. I remember going to Australia Zoo with them and I had to stay outside the parents room with the pram while she went in and changed them all one by one because the pram wouldn't fit through the door...

I'm getting the impression I really haven't made up my mind, so maybe it's worth missing the sale to make sure we get what we want?

Hi Girls,

Hi Juniper, I don't know whether we have all hindered or helped with our takes on the pram thing. I think what everyone is saying is just go with your instinct!

Airline, great news about the morning sickness going! Funny story about doing the deed. My libido has been great this pregnancy, makes me think I am having a girl as it was with DD too!

Lairdoz, I know how you feel about the mum thing. It's like you are the same person, just with kids. I think before you have kids you think it is going to transform you to a different person or something! But then you just stay the same and the kids just seem to fit IYKWIM. I can't believe that my DD starts school next year. Now that is a spin out!

The last few days if I lean right over and my jeans dig into my belly (eg weeding) I have felt bub moving to try and get more room! So exciting to feel that and so much earlier than my other two, although that is the only time I can feel it.
    Well I am off to a course for three days, then straight to camping with the family. Will catch up on all the news when I get back. Have a great week everyone!

Hey Everyone, just quick-ish hello to all.

Juniper and all, my god, this talk about strollers/prams has got my head spinning. Big purchases are kind of stressful, but I guess there are pros/cons to them all. Well, that was an insightful comment! Anyway ...

Airline, know what you mean about ill-advised sad stories. My mum told me one really early on, and I was almost laughing, just incredulous, in the sense that it was SO stupid, to say that to someone who'd struggled to conceive and was bleeding every day. Aah, people are on another planet sometimes. Hey, great news about your scan!

Lairdoz, you are a mum as much as anyone. You didn't cheat! Though I know that feeling of disbelief. I feel disbelief sometimes that I'm pregnant, and I'm still kind of mentally with the LT-TTCers and feeling distance from "normal" pregnant ladies. Hope time flies til your DH finishes up at his job. Just crack the champers that night.

Brunette, it sounds like you've been rightly reassured not to worry, even though can be easier said than done. How's your carpal tunnel? I am a big typist (read: internet searcher) but haven't had anything to complain about since these night-time swellings and numbness (which is quite common). Hope it's improving.

AFM, getting a bit grumpy and impatient at my work (just bored, and needing a break). I am trying to lighten up though, which unfortunately involves mainly treating myself to sweets! I am a serious sugar-addict. Also, got a bassinet from my grandma (who had 13 babies), so the bassinet held my dad as a baby (and it's held something like 22 babies all up). It's lovely.

Take care all,
    WW

MaggiePie, I think all the feedback has really clarified for me that I don't know what to get yet and maybe we should wait rather than feeling rushed by the sale ending in a couple of weeks. I do appreciate all the feedback. I don't think there's another group who could understand the uncertainty in the same way...

WW, I'm totally with you on the work front! I'm reaching a point where I couldn't care less. If I planned to be a SAHM I'd be tempted to quit now rather than waiting until Christmas... But I want my maternity leave and I want a job later, so here I am on BB... I mean, at work... instead... On the sugar thing, does fruit satisfy the cravings? I'm having a small amount of sugar (ie chocolate - a fun-size bar) most days, but if I get a major craving I try to stick to fruit so I don't overdo the refined sugars... Just a thought... Great news about the bassinet! It must be wonderful to use something with so much family history?!

Well girls had a mixed couple of days. The celebration of 3 nausea free days came to a halt when yesterday on day four DH made a lovely healthy dinner of roast chicken, salad, potatoes. I had a slice of bread and a little dipping bowl of balsamic and olive oil. After about 4 mouthfuls, inc. some bread/oil..I heaved at table, ran to bathroom - just in time. Earlier in arvo I'd had a homemade banana milkshake (which was the first thing to appear!) but there had been no nausea or warning :-( I had some bread later and some strawberries and that was it. I had a headache most of the day too :-(

However, the good thing was my BFF came over and after having her 3 kids had a car full of stuff for me plus a suitcase of both genders clothes. Another friend is the 4th person to offer me maternity clothes...I guess this is the benefit of being the last one amongst your friends to have a baby!!

I hope the rain has stopped today............ hope you all have a good day. xxx

Oh Airline, You poor thing. Something kind of similar happened to me at around 13 or 14 weeks. Just suddenly threw up with no warning. I was attempting to eat a banana at the time. I think bananas are a bit hardcore. Oh, and the headache too. Horrible. It may not come back though. I hear that it sometimes gets a little worse before it gets better.

Juniper, thanks I will try fruit. This morning though, I had an emotional start to the day (just burnt my bum on the heater, and it's raining here again, and my bladder won't seem to let me walk the 45 minutes it takes to get to work without serious discomfort and pressure), so I got myself a chocolate & ricotta (I know, not the greatest choice!) pastry AND I then followed up with kiwis. Now I feel a tiny bit ill. Gotta stick to fruit only. I find this so weird, wanting sugar, because it made me so sick earlier on. The pram thing - yes, big purchases can wait a bit. Don't be pressured by the sale!

MaggiePie, lovely that you're feeling the kicks. Exciting. Enjoy the camping. Do you live somewhere warm? Lucky ....

Belly rubs to all,
    WW

Airline, that's so great that you're getting baby and maternity clothes from so many friends. It will certainly save you heaps of $$. FX the nausea buggers off for good! Re DTD, I am soooo not in the mood. Between the kicks, the swelling, the carpal tunnel, the sore back, sore feet, raging hormones and extra fluid, I don't want anything else coming near me! I don't think this drought will be breaking until weeks after the babies are here Poor DH. He has stopped expecting anything I think

Juniper, we laybied most of our baby gear at Bubs Baby Shop in the Valley. There is plenty of undercover parking, just to let you know, in case you're in the city and want to duck in. You'll know which pram is the right one for you after doing your research. Don't be pressured because a sale is on; no doubt another store will have a sale with similar prices later on. I hear you about the work thing; I'm exactly the same, and working only 3 days a week (2 days a week from next week based on dr's advice) makes it even easier to not stress about office politics.

WW, I saw a physio for my carpal tunnel yesterday, and he said the best thing I could do was to buy a splint, which I've already done. He did some manipulations and gave me some stretches which I'm to do 10-15 times a day. I'm seeing him in a week's time. He also said it's quite common for women to have carpal tunnel while pregnant and once the babies are delivered the fluid and swelling will go, and so too with the carpal tunnel So that's good news. Do you have carpal tunnel, or just swelling?

Maggie, yay on feeling movement esp so early. Enjoy your time away camping.

Lairdoz, of course you are a real mum! A second-timer, too Why do you feel you've cheated your way into the club, I don't understand. It's funny how other women react to seeing a pregnant women; definitely is a club thing, I am getting so many more smiles, nice comments etc from other women.

Hi ladies

Well back to reality after a very emotional and tiring week. Sorry so much has happened on here that i will just try and catch up from here. Hope everyone is doing well.

I had my first hospital app this week, finally, and booked into the hospital. This made it seem all that much more real!!! Although I can't not know it is real atm with bub going nuts all the time!!

Time for a new thread.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617