Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after LT TTC #13

Eeek! Just booked the dentist for tomorrow. It's embarrassing to say, but it's been 17.5 years since I saw a dentist, so this may be scary...

Maggie, GL eradicating those nits. I remember mum buying this orange stuff when my sister's class had an outbreak...

Chrissy, good work on the weight management! I hope I can do as well as you.

Brunette, good to hear the appt went well! Sounds like you're doing a great job!

Afm, aside from facing my fear and calling a dentist, today I'm quite hungry. I bought some muesli bars to keep in my desk and at this rate they may not last the week. So, I think I'll go make a cheese & tomato toasted sandwich...

ok ladies a few things happened today. I shaved my legs for the first time in 2weeks since my last acupuncture appointment (welllll, it's winter and I can't be bothered doing much right now!) but it was in honour of my appointment with my FS. I had an internal scan and yes, yes, yes we saw a strong heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soo soo happy. Tears were shed by me and DH.
    We didn't hear or know beats per minute, but Dr said it was a good strong one. Before he scanned he asked how I felt and when I said nausea and fatigue, he said he's not really interested in the nausea, it's the tiredness that means a healthy pregnancy going on. He said he was confident we'd see a heartbeat and he was right. He also amended the due date from the one his receptionist gave me. He took the tranfer date of FET and subtracted the no. of days old the embryo was and so he predicted 7wks 4days today, which was corroborated with the scan. So new due date, therefore new ticker (again!) of 30th March!! ;-)

He was very reassuring and said once you've seen a heartbeat then 98% pregnancys go to healthy full term. I gave him a big hug when we left....even though he was on holiday when I had the transfer, he made us feel better about the whole situation we were in.

Moving up and down the screen doesn't make me feel very well, so I'm going for a nap and will write some persies tonight when DH is working.
    Yeh I get to tell my parents on Thursday x ps ok soooo confused. FS said 7wks 4 days, scan said the same, but when I put in due date for ticker it says 7wks 6 days!!?? I give up, but we all know baby will come when it wants to!
    Last edited by airline; August 17th, 2010 at 03:14 PM.

Airline - congratulations!! Were you told your due date or your gestation? If you were told your due date is the 30th of March, then you are indeed 7 weeks and 6 days, but if you were told your gestation was 7 weeks and 4 days (hope this makes sense as some of the ultrasound machines tell you your gestation not your due date) then you would be due April 1. They tend to tell you your gestation rather than your due date as it's not really much concern to the FS when you due, but rather than your bubba's measurements match their gestation.

Either way - everything looks great for you! Hope you are enjoying this exciting time, albeit with the joy of nausea and lethargy!
    xxx

Juniper - Good luck with the Dentist, my DH never goes and loves telling me he has no fillings
    Brunette - How cute, your little bubbas head close together. That must have been magical.

HI to everyone in here - I find I get interrupted writing persies from a certain small person so apologies if I miss people as I try to race my thoughts down to say hello!

Airline, that's great news! I agree with Lairdoz about the dating. In reality, a day or two either way doesn't matter much now, but could matter if bub is late at the end. Then again, you may want to be induced a couple of days early by that point?

Thanks Lairdoz. Good to know I'm not the only one with keen avoidance skills. I've got fillings from the school dentist (which they did without any anaesthetic because I wouldn't let them near me with a needle and they didn't have gas). The school dentist also tried to break my jaw because my bite is wrong. So, there's a reason I've avoided dentists over the years...

Here is the most updated version!!!

SonyaLouise ??.??.2010 - It's a ??? - ???

Paula 14th Aug 2010 - it's a girl – Tiana
    Loula 19th Aug 2010 - it's a ???
    Nix76 24th Aug 2010 - It's a ??? - Lil Bub

Emerald Star 26th Oct 2010 - It's a ??? - ???

Miss K 5th Nov 2010 - It's a ???

CK77 Dec 19th 2010 – it's a ??? - Munchkin
    Brunette Dec 24th 2010 - it's a ??? - Double Trouble
    Renee Dec 28th 2010 – it's a ??? - Little Bug

Glenny C Jan 5th 2011 - it's a ???
    Leabie Jan 11th – it's a ???
    KitKat Jan 19th - it's a ???
    S’Rose Jan 20th – it's a ??? - Little Monkey

Juniper76 Feb 2nd - it's a ???
    Maggie Feb 2nd -it's a ???
    Worrywart Feb 7th - it's a ???
    BJ*81
    MissAma – LHB
    Lairdoz Feb 24th - it's a ???

Lisa B Mar 5th - it's a ???
    MaggiePie Mar 22nd - it's a ???
    Jaki80 Mar 30th - Little Man
    Airline Mar 30th - it's a ???

BABIES BORN

Dusty---Welcome Freya!!
    Ninah---Welcome ???
    Seachange---Welcome Thomas!!
    Londonmiss --- Welcome Charlotte!!
    Wantbaby#2 ---Welcome Ellie!!
    Wishes --- Welcome Casey!!
    Mitf --- Welcome Luke!!
    Lise --- Welcome Finnian!!
    Mrs Slyder welcome two lovely girls!
    Persephone --- Welcome Archie!
    Kyrawolfe--- Welcome Tristan!
    LilMissHaveachat --- Welcome Ethan!
    Sammiejam - Welcome Colt!
    BOC - Welcome Jagger Dylan!
    BDT---- Welcome Sophia & Aria!
    Saph----Welcome Xavier!
    Greenslw---- Welcome Lincoln!
    Smithy---- Welcome Charlie!
    Ella'sMum---- Welcome Emme!
    Poppyfairy---- Welcome Robin!
    Grub17---- Welcome Ashton!
    Laniwantsababy---- Welcome Jett!
    Bella55---- Welcome Jack & Samuel!
    Miss Magpie---- Welcome Trent!
    Murph01----Welcome Jasmine!
    Neptune----Welcome Adam!
    KellyD---Welcome Tara Rose!

Our thoughts and prayers go to those beautiful mothers whose precious babies have been taken too soon.
    Much loved & wanted son of Frosty'sMum, Benjamin born sleeping @ 14 weeks 4days. Our thoughts are with you.
    Much loved & wanted daughter of Hippy Mum & Hippy Dad, Georgia Ariela taken too early from this earth 12-03-09 @ 22wk 6d
    Much loved and wanted son of Chez67 & her DH, Ryan Patrick, born sleeping 17-03-09 @ 18wk 1d

Airline i added you to the list hope that is ok.

Also does anyone know SonyaLouise? Her name was on the list before i joined and there is no due date so not real sure if she has had her bub or not.

Renee, sorry can't help you with Sonya Louise. I don't think she's posted since I've been on the thread.

Juniper, OMG I can't believe it's been 17 and a half years since you've been to the dentist. I'm my dentist's best friend (due to number of root canals and crowns) but she's just lovely. The best. If you want a good dentist, let me know and I'll PM you her details. GL for your appt tomorrow!

Airline, that's fantastic that you saw your baby's heartbeat. It is very emotional, isn't it? That's a really high stat that your OB gave you about 98% chance of a viable PG once you see a heartbeat. I wish my FS had told me the same thing at 5 weeks when we had bleeding and a pretty big blood clot (threatened miscarriage) because it would have been extremely reassuring. We had heaps of scans from 5 weeks to about 8 weeks and the heartbeats were seen each and every time! I was put on bed rest until 12 weeks and given virtually no reassurance as to what would happen. Aaaagh, doctors! Bet you can't wait to tell your parents the news this Thursday. Interesting, too, what your OB said about fatigue (as opposed to MS) being an indicator of a healthy PG.

Re the gestation versus EDD, I thought the gestation date indicated on US machines was effected by the size/measurement of the baby. In other words, it can be an earlier date than your EDD if the baby is going well in the growth stakes, and it can be a later date than your EDD if the baby is a little slower in the growth department. Is my understanding right in this? I'm confused now.

Renee
    cheers m'dear, that's great, v. happy to join such and esteemed list :-) I meant to write that but my bed was calling me!

Re. dentists, I used to be really bad at going, but now go every 6 months and sadly have a lot of fillings at back of mouth. I had pain for a while and had the first part of root canal done :-0 the same week as my transfer!! I had to tell the dentist about the IVF so he could pack the tooth to hopefully last the whole pregnancy, cos he didn't want me to have x rays whilst pregnant. I said to him, bet you didn't think you'd be talking about IVF at your work today!!

Lairdoz & juniper, he used the phrase due date so i'm guessing due date not gestational.

The other thing that was comforting about this FS/OB was his easy manner and relaxed attitude. He said eat and drink whatever you want, the baby will take what it needs from you at this stage, so due to nausea eat what you fancy. I immediately thought of pizza! Pleased with myself tonight though, had baked salmon - well only ate half and a roll with cheese and vegemite. Had a night off vegies.

Sorry Brunette....there was def. only one little heartbeat in there, but I'm sure someone will join us soon who will have two squirming away inside!

Ok, so 7wks and 6days eh?! That decision's been made, and very happy we are! Thank you Lairdoz for advice on that.xx

Brunette, I suspect those percentages only apply when they see a heartbeat on a scan and no evidence of complications. In your case, I doubt the same statistic would have applied - it would be hard to apply the 98% success rate and the term "threatened miscarriage" at the same time. For what it's worth, I was told 95% at the first scan and 98% at the second (with everything looking normal).

Juniper, you're right; makes no sense to be talking about a threatened miscarriage and giving a 98% chance of viability. I'm trying to remember now what odds he gave us, but placenta brain is playing havoc with my memory! .... No, I can't remember but I do remember it was higher before having another bleed and then he dropped the percentage again. Still, we have two little stickies inside and FX they stay put at least until 36-37 weeks.

Airline, I think we may have posted at the same time. Drat that you're not having twins! It's funny, though, how both DH and I both felt pretty sure we were having twins as soon as we got the initial HcG level, even though our FS wouldn't comment when we put it to him about possibly having twins. We just knew that we were. You've certainly got strong levels there for one bubba!

Hi everyone,

Brunette, thanks for the info about finding out the sex. DH is really keen, he wants to see if he can work it out himself on the US! So we will probably find out just for something different, although I am still unsure. But then I don't want DH knowing if I don't either...

Worrywart - I did get one of those combs but now they are plastic and don't hurt at all. I do remember them from primary school. I can't remember getting nits alot but my cousins all had really long hair and they had them all the time. Checked again today and can't see any so FX.

Chrissie - your job sounds tedious, I hope that you aren't wearing yourself out too much. Maybe stretch every 15 minutes to keep the circulation going? How do you manage in the after lunch sleepy time?

Juniper - good luck at the dentist! I'm sure you will be fine.

Airline - fantastic news about the heartbeat, I am so happy for you! Your numbers were so high I am surprised you aren't having twins but there must be one strong bubba in there. Your OB sounds so good - eat what you want etc. What a great Dr to put you at ease. Great about the tiredness thing too, must mean I have a strong bub as well.

AFM - had long day a work today. Had a committment tonight but cancelled as just too tired to go. Feeling on verge of sinus thing again, just can't get it to go away completely. M/S has set in just about all day, especially at night. And if I wake up in the middle of the night feel so hungry it's insane! Anyway time to hit the lounge.

Take care everyone

% stats? I think at my blubbery 6w3d first scan (was due to be scanned a week later but due to the bleeding I panicked and rushed myself in) I was told about 75-80% or so, because of the bleeding.

Airline, your FS sounds awesome, is he also an OB that you'll go to once you are classed as an obstetrics patient, not an IVF patient (which I think was about 12 weeks or so).

Sorry Renee, Sonya Louise doesn't sound familiar - wonder if London Miss is lurking in one of the parenting threads and could tell you? I wonder how she's going with Charlotte? I sure do miss her wit.

So I've been meaning to get to the dentist for a clean, and I think I might have a hole or two as occassionally gets a bit sensitive - anyone know what is safe to get done?

Oh, I've been checking out Family Assistance etc and some of you might recall that I'll have a redundancy payment this year (end of November), well because I'm earning my salary plus getting my redundancy in this financial year I won't qualify for Family Assistance A or B. Thankfully the Baby Bonus is based on your earnings in the 6mths AFTER baby's birth (obviously I won't be earning anything then), so at least that's a little something for me. Oh, and the Paid Parental thingee that all the pollies are talking about - well you have to have (or adopt) your child on or after 1st Jan 2011. So Renee & Glenny, hopefully you can cook your buns a little longer and then you'll have that up your sleeve to help with costs.

Belly rubs to all, Chrissy.

ok the m/s has not been as bad tonight,so I'm gonna do a bit of scrolling up and down so I can write some replies....then bed, for the 2nd time today;-)

brunette...yeh, I just realised we posted at the same time! Juniper's probably right though re. the %s being completely different for a singleton compared to twins, esp. if there were any complications like bleeding. The good news is though you're happy and healthy..all 3 of you! My girlfriend had twins (one boy one girl) this year with IVF. They got baptised on Sunday and it went well. She's doing a marvellous job and I'm very impressed with her capability. She goes to a multiple birth group, so that'll be something for you to look into at some point.

yeh, interesting what FS said re. m/s but I guess noone really knows what causes m/s. I can have it when I'm eating or just eaten, so it's not an empty tummy etc. My girlfriend had 3 pregnancies with 3 healthy bubs and no m/s whatsoever. I think we all complain of fatigue though ;-)

Maggiepie - you're right my new FS is a treasure. I would heartily recommend him to anyone, and his receptionist is a doll too, which when you freak out and phone up about extra BTs etc is really important. My last FS's receptionist was his wife, and although he was fine, we didn't take to her much.

I know just what you mean about being hungry in the middle of the night. Twice this week I've woken up and had a couple of slices of hard cheese, at midnight and 3am!.....I figured if I keep eating a dry biscuit everytime I'll be the size of a house before long. That reminds me, I must weigh myself tomorrow, I have no idea how much I weigh right now and I'd like to keep track.

CK77 - sadly cos he's in the city and we're northside, we've decided to go with a different OB. I just hope I like him as much, but I guess I could always change.

That family assistance malarky sounds pretty confusing. I know folk with kids who don't really know how it works. Am I right in thinking that the Paid Parental is instead of the baby bonus, not as well as?

Right off to bed now, sweet dreams ladies and bumps xx

I've not really looked into the paid parental leave yet but I'm curious as I've heard it's means tested. My hubby earns to much so I don't think we will get any family assistance or baby bonus. And I expect to miss out on the leave pay too
    Its kind of annoying when we already got ripped off with our latest Ivf Medicare rebate. Which I've heard will be going back up! I think if it does we shud all be backpaid for K-ruds dumb desision!

Renee I just thought I'd let you know for your next list posting my EDD is 28th march.

I'm also going to the dentist soon! Aren't we all brave soldiers!

My m/s is getting worse too. And like some of you it's all day and night sickness. I can never figure out what I want to eat!
    My insomnia is getting worse too

x

Jaki- I believe the paid leave is means tested on Your income- not combined. I believe it goes on your income for the 12 months prior to having the baby and is $150K.

That's the advice I've been given anyway as we are in the same boat as you- DH earns too much for us to get the baby bonus but we've been told we can get the paid leave.

good luck juniper at the dentist today!! and to the rest of you who are heading to that scary place!!
    Jaki I think glenny is right re the paid leave so hopefully you will be alright for it. My insomnia's bad too! It's always about 3 something till at least 4 something I'm awake. I wonder if it's preparation for that night feed?!!

off to acupuncture today....hopefully I'll snooze there too :-)

Ah ok thats great cause since we moved to the outback ive not made alot of money but hubby does so yay for me! We will finally get something!!! LOL

I think I get a grand total of $150 for the immunisation payment which I don't get in full until my DD turns 4 - will be hanging out for that! We don't get any family benefits, nor the baby bonus and as I am on unpaid maternity leave, I get no paid parental leave so we get a grand total of NOTHING but a HUGE IVF and obstetricians bill courtesy of the Labor government and of course the fertility clinic, although I have to admit that even though it directly impacted us to a huge extent, I know why the government made the changes because the clinics and obstetricians were milking medicare in order to increase their fees each year. None of us really cared before because Medicare (which is all of us anyway) were absorbing the majority of the extra costs.

When the fertility clients (us) had to pay for their costs directly without being able to get anywhere near so much back through medicare (like this year) the majority of clinics froze their costs and I saw a report in the last week in the AGE newspaper which said that demand for IVF has dropped this year where it normally goes up by 10% as it has in subsequent years.

I'll hop off my soapbox now
    Last edited by sunshine 11; August 18th, 2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Typo!

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast