... 31112131415 ...

thread: Pregnancy after Miscarriage or Loss #2

Dec 2011
    Perth

Yas, tilygirl and Saffy - this isn't fair, all I can do is send huge hugs
    What a day! I'll be thinking of you three and hoping really hard

Apr 2009

Ladies

Firsly sending all my love and thoughts to you all Yas, Tillygirl and Saffy thinking of you all GL I hope all the scans go well and the bleeding/cramps and just yuckiness goes away

Mich8 - I totally understand re the doppler, I would be the same. I havent got one (YET) but am tempted LOL re more testing I prob wont have another scan until I see the OB on the 12th of June again as he always does one on his little machine at each of our visits.
    Do you have to wait until 20weeks for morpholigical scan? I will have to ask the OB re that and when we can find out the sex of the baby He already told me yesterday that baby looks like a girl so I think I'm almost 100% now sure its a little girl. Do you know what you're having or are you having a suprise ending?

Diamond - YAY to you and being this far along

Hello to all you other lovely supportive ladies sending sticky vibes to you all

AFM - update, today finally the bleeding has stopped, I had a u/sound yesterday with my ob, baby is all good living it up in there LOL meanwhile he told me I just have to "put up" with it but if it continued to go see him again.
    They think it could of been a little vessel in my bladder which burst but they cant confirm it as they cant see such tiny things on an u/sound. All they can tell me is that its not the baby so as they have told me "just enjoy your pregnancy"
    I'M TRYING TOO! a little hard when you get a bleed and your a first time mum! Anyways aslong as baby is well thats all that matters.
    At home chillaxing today cant get too used to it back at work on monday boooo LOL
    I hope you all have a great weekend and again to you all
    Last edited by Mia01; May 25th, 2012 at 10:46 AM.

Rach83 Guest

I had my scan today. All is good and I saw a heartbeat. Dr has changed my DD to jan 4

Apr 2009

Thats great news Rach83

Dec 2011
    Perth

That's wonderful Rach! Your good news is very welcome
    Hoping for some more good news on here today but we'll be here to listen either way...

Mia- so glad the bleeding has stopped for you, phew! Exciting about a possible little girl. I have girl feelings too! Yeah, I have no ob appointments or scans booked until the "20 week" one which I'm having at 19 and a bit weeks. I definitely want to find out the sex when we can. DP is desperate to find out the sex ASAP so wants to go to some non-medical scan place his mate went to in the meantime to try to find out. I don't know if I'd trust their verdict but am tempted to go just to see baby again. I dunno! I've also just weaned off the progesterone over the last week (from 5 a day to nothing!). I know things should be looking after themselves by now but am still nervous about it and wish I had another scan soon!

Platinum Subscriber

Apr 2010
    coastside, Vic

hi girls, thanks for the thoughts,

mich- 5 a day? How did you fit that in? ( not literally I meantime-wise) You will be fine without the prog, enjoy the clean knickers!
    mia-I completely understand your nervousness, try and put it behind you but I know its impossible. I hope things settle, it sounds like your baby is living it up in there!
    yas- sorry hun, I hope the scan brings good news, you must be petrified xxx
    rach- hooray, good scan result, are you happy about 4th Jan compared to 29th Dec??
    tilygirl- crossing my fingers for you xxx

afm- well after convincing myself it was all over ( I have had no symptoms for 1 1/2 days now), my baby is still alive! Had a scan this morning, good heartbeat but he wasnt using a very good machine so it was hard to see growth, he thinks it was 7 wks, which is the same as my dates, but 3 days less than last scan, so I don't know if this is a problem, but i'm sure I will stress over it. So, I have been d/c from IVF dr to Obstetrician (who I haven't even booked in with yet too scared), that is a big step for me. my nerves are shot after this last week!

Dec 2011
    Perth

Wohooo Saffy - you must be over the moon but still nervous I'm sure. Any explanation for the spotting? My mild symptoms came and went for the first 11 weeks too so try not to panic too much about that
    I was so nervous when I saw you'd posted and the computer kept freezing - ugh!! Oh and thanks, yes I've finally stopped having to wear huge pads for the progesterone overload

Apr 2009

LOL Mich8 imagine we both have girls with how close our EDD's are?! How cute re your DH, mine is the same impatient to know aswell but I have to admit I'm excited to know 100% also I havent booked in for my u/sound yet but I'm sure my OB will let me know when I see him. I would like to go to this u/sound place near his office (he always sends me to the hospital he works at) because they do 4d and dvds for you to take home which would be unreal. Hopefully he's ok with it if not I'll go on my own, only difference is if he gives me a referral I can claim the $$ back (some of them) but if not I have to pay it out right. Ahh well either way with your scan keep us updated!

Saffy - thats fabulous news hun, I know its always daunting. I made that leap myself a few weeks ago and gladly all has gone well. Your little one is fighting and showing you he/she is there BIG to you!

Dec 2011
    Perth

He he Mia - maybe the babies would have some sort of connection! I'd really be thrilled with either, it's just the knowing that's exciting. Though I will genuinely want the person doing the 20 week scan to check for heartbeat, growth, organs etc first, the sex can come second! Maybe if your ob won't give you the referral, you can have the morphology stuff done at the hospital, then go to a place that just does the pictures/ dvd thing seperately. The place DP wants to go is $75 to have a look, pictures and a dvd - or something like that!

Dec 2008
    Leongatha - South Gippsland, Victoria

Hi Ladies.

Just been catching up and my heart aches for all you ladies going through such a stressful time - you deserve better than that.
    Fingers crossed and sticky vibes to you all

Saff ~ glad to hear the scan went well - feeling for you hun, with everything. Hope you and bubs can hang in there. will be thinking of you. all the best.

Mar 2007

Saffy, thats great news!

Yas - Are you ok sweety? Im a bit worried about you.

Mar 2007

Oops, I accidently hit post, so heres the rest:

Mich & Mia - I love the Morph scan because by then you can usually feel kicks so you know your baby is alive. I find it much less stressful than any first trimester scans. Its so amazing to see how big the baby is compared to the NT scan, and so wonderful when they tell you the sex of the baby (if you want to find out).

AFM - Im 13w now and my NT scan is on Thursday. My vomiting got out of hand on Friday so I had to go to hospital and be on a drip for two days. M/s is still here now, but Im hoping it starts to improve soon. Now for my vent, I asked them to do an u/s while I was in hospital because Im still worried about viability. They kept telling me just to wait until Thursday because I have my NT scan. I told them that I literally feel like Im dying and if the baby is gone I want to know now. Then they said I wouldnt be so sick if my baby had died. Well, that is NOT TRUE! Last time at 12w I was vomiting 6-8 times per day, even after the u/s showed that my baby's heart had stopped! They wade me wait 3 days to have the D&C because I wasnt bleeding or cramping so it wasnt an emergency. Vent over. I guess I'll just have to wait until Thursday, a least I feel more human now that Ive had some nutrition.

Dec 2011
    Perth

Oh DG - what a terrible experience. I just can't imagine morning sickness that bad! How frustrating that they wouldn't listen to your concerns and just give you a scan! Did they listen for a heartbeat? It's not like you have no reason to be concerned! Anyway, I'm glad you're physically feeling better. Can you eat anything now? Thursday is so close yet so far, will be thinking of you

Oct 2009
    In a House in a Street

DG - How awful for you. That surely is no way to make you feel better. Have they got an early pregnancy clinic? My public one does and I'm just tossing up weather to give them a call or not. I hope your feeling better now and I know Thursday is still so far away but I hope it comes really quickly for you. Good Luck.

Dec 2011
    Perth

Very quiet in here girls! I hope no news is good news?
    How are you feeling now DG? I'll be thinking of you tomorrow for your scan!
    How's everyone else doing? Any updates?

I've been having lots of strange pain the past few days - low central aching pressure in the day and stronger pain at night that wakes me up! No spotting though, phew. I'm really glad I've had the doppler handy to check on things! A lovely friend from BB suggested I get checked for a UTI and from the initial pee screen, it appears I have one. So on antibiotics now and I hope that was what was causing the pain. It was worse with a full bladder so I'm really hoping!

Oct 2005
    North Queensland

Hi All,

Thought I would pop my head in and say Hi!

We found out (very suprisingly) last week that we're expecting again.

Feeling very blaze and detached at the moment.

Been having some cramping and some very light old brown blood on wiping so I'm kinda expecting either a chemical pregnancy or a sac and no babe when I go for the dating scan next week.

I feel sad with myself for feeling this way as I am usually over the moon when I find out I'm pregnant.

I guess the fact of the matter is that I am absolutely terrified of losing another babe.

I guess its a normal way to feel conidering.

My attendance in here will probably be sporadic so I'll apologise now for that!

Hope you're all well!
    xx

Sep 2006

Congrats Sara...... It is only natural to feel detached and I think many of us did! To be honest I look pregnant and feel the aches and pains already but apart from that I don't feel pregnant.... which is sad because this is my last time .... I know I should be more excited but I am scared, I dream that this baby doesn't survive and all these other horrible things..... Gee I sound lovely hey! Guess what I am trying to say is that I understand how you feel xoxox We are all here for you xx

Mich - hope those antibiotics kick in soon and you are feeling better xx

DG- good luck for tomorrow!! Hope you are too feeling better

Hi to everyone!! BBL dinner is ready and the kids are hungry!!

Love to you all xx

Oct 2009
    In a House in a Street

Hi Ladies

DG - Good luck for your scan today.

Sarah - Welcome. I feel detatched as well. I'm not excited or happy just very neutral about it all. Still worried like heck because I have lost all my MS. SO for me that is a big alarm bell but I'm stalling cause I don't want bad news again. I need to ring FS but to worried. Totaly normal to be feeling like you are.

Mich - ah a UTI. What a pain for you. They always come at the worst time. My last 2 came right before I was due for EPU. Just typical. Maybe it had soemthing to do with all the drugs I was on?? Who knows. Hopefully the AB kick in and you get some relief .

Chepie - Hope all is going well with you. You must be coming up for your 19-20 week scan soon?

... 31112131415 ...