Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after miscarriage or loss ~ July 2010

Hope - Welcome darl fancy seeing you in here lol I mean it in the nicest possible way of course, it's nice to see someone else from our group in here even though the reasons for it aren't what anyone wants. Don't mind me if my foot is finding it's way into my mouth, I never really know what to say in here and just spout off at the mouth a lot without thinking

Porsche - Welcome darl, and congrats on your BFP!!! Your levels look excellent!

Tegam - Thank darl, and WOW! You are wonder woman at the moment, I hardly have the energy to tend to DS and you've been busy redecorating! Any chance you could send some of that energy this way? lol

MsKara - They were really yummy too lol I know how you feel about getting to the EDD's etc. September 5th (which is fathers day too I've just remembered I need to get hubby a present and card from DS lol) is my first angels EDD... He woud have been 5 this year. I'm not looking forward to it very much at the moment.

Mildez - I'm so sorry about your little foal It' not fair when the things we want so much and have been looking forward to for ages are taken away from us.
    I hope your cramping eases off soon, I've been having issues with cramping this pregnancy too, so I know how scary it can be. Sending huge hugs & lots of sticky vibes out your way!

Hi everyone else, and sorry if I missed anyone.

afm - I have a toddler having a major temper tantrum at the moment just because his daddy has gone out for a motorbike ride and didn't take him with him. So frustrating and it makes me wonder how I'm going to cope with 2 kids under 2 and a 1/2, but I suppose I'll just have to manage... and try not to let those angry pregnancy hormones get on top of me... Anyone else found that their hormones are making them yell at people/things a lot more? I'm normally one of those people that holds everything in and only cries to let it out in bed late at night, and lately I've just turned into MrsAngry-At-Everything. I feel sorry for hubby and DS having to put up with me, I was never like this when preg with DS, it's really scary sometimes.
    Anyway, I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow! Only another 2 weeks until the 12 week mark, and then I can aim for the next milestone of 16wks
    I'm starting to get excited now, we're looking at getting a bassinet next week, so that's a big thing. Makes it all the more real.

Anyway, I hve to go and try and put DS to bed and hope he'll get over his hissy fit.
    Have a great sunday ladies!

Hi Ladies

Murray - I would love to do a ticker but I have no idea how far along I'm classed I mean I had EPU on the 10th Aug and the ET on 13th Aug. So am I 4 weeks????

Hello All

Just want to say thankyou for all your warm welcome's. You are all so lovely.

JennaJayen: lol, I know exactly what you are saying. Dont worry, your foot didnt make it anywhere near your mouth.

Hope - Thank god for that! I was at the point of deleting the entire post before I posted it lol I didn't want to say anything wrong, but I couldn't think of anything to replace it.

hands up everyone that gets a little crazy when pregnant

I dont admit that to anyone IRL tho

Porsche- i noticed your ticker i had worked your weeks out to be roughly the same 4 weeks 4 days so i think its safe to say if we both got the same weeks then that is what your are.

Hi Ferrals

You were right. I was wondering how I was going to do a ticker knowing I couldn't go with the LMP date haha. But good old lilypie had it all sorted.

Gracefully putting my hand up Tegam LOL

Porche, Love'n your ticker!!!!!XXXXX

Got a little bored at work yesterday so got the Doppler out, Love that sound!! EEEEKKKK!

Morning ladies,

Just wanted to say hi not much happening with me just counting days and freaking out cant shake this feeling i wont be in the pregnancy threads for much longer.

I hate this waiting it is torture.

Quote Originally Posted by Tegam View Post
    hands up everyone that gets a little crazy when pregnant

I've turned in to road rage woman Don't dare tailgate me or cut me off lol. I also snapped at my best mate the other day who I usually have infinite patience for. He looked pretty shocked by it and I had to quickly apologise .

Mildez I hadn't thought about the NT scan. Thanks! I'm sorry about your foal. Make sure you take it easy.

Jenna Yay 10 weeks!!

murray: I've been thinking about getting a doppler. Do you mind if I ask where you purchased yours from?

ferrals We're all counting the days with you. Have you tried some form of distraction to take your mind off things? I've been playing sudoku and card games on my phone every time I start getting anxious. It's obviously not going to change anything, but at least you're not constantly focused and anxious about it?

AFM I successfully distracted myself yesterday by putting together my new dining chairs, long enough to get my positivity back. It seems like I just can't shake the overall feeling that things will be ok this time. I'm right.

Did anyone else have strong aversions to certain foods?? For the last week the thought of lettuce/spinach makes me gag. Even typing it now makes me feel ill. It's so weird because it's food that I would generally eat daily and love!

MsKara yes I have foods that I can stomach. I have drunk like 4-5cups of tea a day for years and now the thought makes me sick. Plus there are foods I feel like that also. I'm also eating cheese (I hate cheese unless its on pizza or potato bake) and gerkins WTF? Anyway I am enjoying it but I am finding it hard drinking as drink makes me feel off. Water does, I wont try Coffee even know I think I might like it (I normally dont drink it) and the only thing I want is Apple juice diluted.

Ferrals I have everything crossed for you for a fantastic result in a few weeks and then hopefully you will beable to enjoy your pregnancy. Keeping everything crossed for you so tightly.

I discovered I am almost 1/5th of the way through lol FX anyway. I don't want it to end early.

Okay-- big step-- I needed a dress for work and started to look at maternity dresses on-line. whoo-hoo! Is it me, or do all maternity dresses have that "baby doll" look?
    MMMMM---

Regarding the food craving/aversions: I am having trouble with cooked meat (ha ha), but craving milk the last few nights. Can't stand cauliflower. Can drink water-- but only with lemon slices. Go figure. Love potatoes-- as in baked or mashed potatoes. This has been consistent-- maybe the little one is actually a little spud!

Trying not to be anxious-- trying to ride the wave of our last good news...

Best wishes to everyone wherever you are on this crazy journey!

Hi ladies

Ferrals - I agree with MsKara. Is there some distraction you could do? I'm praying all is ok with bubs.

Murray - Has the doppler helped ease some fears? I'm tossing up weather to get one or not? I'd have to convince DH first though lol.

sunshine i too also have had trouble cooking meats. It never bothered me before. Also here with the pototoes also i dont care what kind i want them all the time i am thinking that there is something that i am missing that they have

As for the dopplers they are great once you are far enough along and you can get the hb i have one and i swore at the frist that i would never use it again when i was having trouble finding his hb. But once i did its a everynight thing

It is so good to drop in and see so much action in here including 2 newcomers, although I recognise the names - welcome PORCHE and HOPE! Congratulations on those bFP's and the snuggley little bundles growing inside.

Murray - thanks for asking after the cat. His BT's came back today, good on his thyroid function... so the treatment has been successful, but he had some elevated liver enzymes... could be something, might be nothing. Another BT test in 3-6 months. Poor little cat. But he was remarkably brave during his ordeal ( trip to the vet) so I am really proud of him.

Ms Kara - I am so so sorry about your foal, poor dear sweet little blossom and your cramping - hope the 6 hr trip in the ute was manageable and that your cramping has subsided.

Ferrals - hugs... it is a really tough journey... I know you will find a way through...but just sending you my love.

Tegam/Jenna - I have been amazingly calm, except in relation to stupid drivers... LOL. Today I saw a bus driver try and cut in front of a fire truck with its lights and sirens on. DUH.

Mildez - thanks for the words of advice... it's more that I've had relatively pain BH contractions for a long time now, so it's more about taking more notice of them rather than just dismissing them. Suture out at 38 weeks, although am seeing the Ob this week and will talk about it some more. I had read that 37 weeks is most common for suture removal though. Sorry you're doing it tough right now.

AFM - sorry not many persies today, although I enjoyed reading yours! It's Sophie's first angel versary today and I feel a bit all over the place. Spent yesterday morning in hossy as I was worried as I hadn't felt bubs move for a considerable about of time.. but all was ok (phew ...only in retrospect did I realise the anxiety had contributed to me feeling cranky the day before) and bubs was fine, and has been moving and kicking like normal today. It was pretty awesome, once we established bubs had a heartbeat and it was ok, to just lie back and hear bubs heartbeat for almost 30 mins. So I can understand why a doppler would help, but I chose not to get one, cause I didn't want to be at home bymyself and not be able to find a HB. My Obs door was always open for a reassurance scan, so I thought I'd leave it to an expert. Am hoping that I don't get to 41 weeks like in Jenna's dream.... I have an aversion to leather... in all pregnancies ....makes me gag ( so no leather handbags, wallets, sofas, shoes, car seats, coats/jackets...etc) and I also had hankerings for potatoes, rice, custard, and ice cream but not all together! I was lucky not to actually go off any food, so could still eat my fruit and veges. Perhaps with all this modified bed rest it would have been good for my figure if I'd gone off most things!

Belly rubs to all.

Dory big for Sophie's first Birthday.

I'd have to discourage doplers also. We learnt doing our midwifery that dopplers mearly tell you bub is alive and nothing else. They can actually be reassuring bub is ok because you hear the heartrate in the normal range when in actual fact bub is unwell. You really need to go on how your feeling and how active bub is and have a CTG is your worried about movements etc. I guess they definately have there place but not so much in the home. CTGs are good in telling you you have a happy baby. Have you had a scan recently Dory to see the stitch? Not that its needed but I just thought if the cervix was showing signs of preparing for labour he might remove it sooner. The ones I've seen removed has been either due to labour already starting or around 37weeks and all the women have come into spontaneous labour within a few days. I guess 38weeks is a more mature gestation then 37weeks which would probably be why he/she wants to wait that extra bit. Either way you are so very very close. Can't wait to read your BA.

I'm baaaack! Hey guys, sorry I've been quiet, me and my gut have been out seeing the world!

dory - funny with your leather aversion, I had a bit of a thing for rubber. I just wanted to chew on rubber bands or rubber tubing in the early second tri. Seemed a bit weird, so I resisted as much as I could and then cracked out a jelly snake when I couldn't hang on any longer. I totally hear you on the choice not to get a Doppler.

mildez - good info on the doppler and CTG. No danger of no movements here though, this baby has been having an all night disco party! I don't know where it is getting all the energy from!

sunshine - I have a couple of good maternity dresses; I am living in dresses! They are not all baby doll - that style just makes me look fat instead of fabulously pregnant. What sizes are you looking for? I got mine from ebay and second hand shops, and I've made two of them myself.

MsKara - I went off broccoli during the first tri. Usually my favourite thing in the world, so I kept trying it, and gagged every time! Back on it now, but I don't love it the way I used to. Sad.

I go a little bit batty when I'm pregnant. I was SO rude to someone today at the airport. She walked in front of me and I "accidentally" kicked her in the shin. Not proud. I'm a little overprotective of this old belly!

Dory: Happy angel versary Miss Sophie! Beautiful Girl your mummy misses you very much! Will light a candle for you! Always missed, never forgotten!

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast