Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Pregnancy after miscarriage or loss ~ September 2010

Tegam - i am knitting for this baby! Just doing it with larger sized stuff, so that if next winter is like the last one was, we'll be well armed!

forshelby - yes I have had crazy heartburn! Mind you, DH's cousin didn't have any, and she had the hairiest baby in the world.

I had the best night's sleep last night, but am already tired again! I'm going to lie down in front of the telly and chill out for the day.

Had MW appointmnet today. GCT was good, heartbeat was good, had antibodies needle....then... she measures my tummy, only 22-23weeks. She is worried about baby! Scan first thing monday morning....Now the wait is on. And only you ladies know what that feels like

Oh tegam why do these things have to happen when its almost the weekend so u've got to wait When was ur last u/s and midwife appointment??
    Ive never had a baby before so i dont really understand how they measure ur stomach and go off that?? Doesnt everyones tummies grow at different rates?? Sorry if this is a really silly question.
    Have u got plans for the weekend so u are kept busy?? I hope it goes really quickly for u, thinking of u xxx

Tegam if your tall then its very normal to have a smaller measurement. I'm almost 6foot and measured 16cm at 26weeks. All cause your abdo tends to go up not out and up like someone with a small waste. And my 36weeker was still 8lbs. Its funny as although often your fundus is where you expect it to be in cm's it actually measures alot smaller if your tall.

oh Tegam I have everything crossed for you. I hope the weekend flys for you. thinking of you. x

Tegam: I was told that I only measured 26wks when I was 29wks I asked for a second opinion as I knew I was 29wks, the next measurement they told me I was 32wks... Audrey was born at 37+6wks yet she had already started peeling.... The MW's assumed she was a few days over her due date... Docs n MW can get the measurements wrong, try not to stress too much over the weekend, like me it could be nothing honey... I have my fingers crossed that the scan will show a happy healthy baby!!!

Tegam i was going to say what everyone else has said mesaurement can be done wrong. My dr does not even use a measuring tape he just feels were everything is becouse everyone is different. And yes it hard when you find this out on a weekend.

afm i wanted to hold off until i defently knew but i have defently started to feel the baby move and i also have saw the baby move it was quick movements on my stomach TMI at frist i thought that it was gas but gas does not move your stomach like. It was actually kinda of funny becouse i was laying down on my back and talking to my bf about how worried i was he was watching tv and i saw my stomach jump. I ask him to look and she did not move then she did it again and it has been an on going thing.

Tegram-- Thinking of you...I hope that your weekend passes quickly so that you can de-stress and be reassured.

Hello to everyone-- our scan went well... so far so good. Things appear to be in their proper places, so to speak! WE HAVE BOY BITS!!! We asked the tech (and also the doc) and they said, "Yes, definitely a boy." Which makes choosing a name easier...as we already have one "sort of" picked out...but I won't say just yet as who knows if my DH will change our mind. LOL.

We celebrated by going to a baby store (for the first time since the last pregnancy) and my DH picked out a little boy outfit for a newborn.

I am exhausted; I have been awake since around 3 am. My sleep still hasn't gotten straightened out. What is up with that??????

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine and stars View Post
    WE HAVE BOY BITS!!!
    Woohoo Boy bits thats lovely news!

Thank you everyone for your warm wishes. Weekend will be a bit of a slow one as DH is away so just me at home with this kids. Movements are good so thats nice. You know what its like i swing from "it will be fine, it doesnt make sense" to "OMG i knew i wasnt going to get to love this baby".....

I am tall and my measurements have been out before but only ever by a week or so. She only got the tape after having a feel and saying baby felt small. Had a scan at 5weeks to check for ectopic so i know my dates are right and everything was measuring perfectly at the 20 week scan. You can see by my belly pics that nothing been happening for a few weeks and everyone is calling me small or compact....

I know i know, no point stressing but its the NICU nurse in me, a million different situations are running thru my mind.

Please please please let everything be ok!

Tegam - DP and I are in Melbourne visiting Grandma I hope everything is ok in there and baby is just tucked in a tight little ball, seeming smaller but not actually being too small. I hope that made sense. Good luck!

Audax - Yay I'm not the only knitter Maybe the heartburn thing isn't as true as I thought? I seem to only get it in the afternoon/night.

Sunshine - Congrats on the boy bits!!!

AFM - Another freezing windy rainy day in Melbourne. Pfffffttt..... get some sunshine, people, LOL. Luckily we didn't have a whole lot planned. I'm really looking forward to getting home and seeing our furbabies and giving them a huge snuggle. I may or may not cry, I haven't decided yet.. hehe.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718