Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after miscarriage or loss ~ September 2010

Happy birthday Forshelby for your little angel
    Six weeks till our first angels 2nd birthday they truly never are forgotten its hard to believe all that time has gone by

Ferrals it makes me sad too to hear about the preparation youve made. Huge hugs and we are praying that your little girl is healthy - im sure Abbi is looking out for her little sister. How stupid they dont recognise Abbi as existing it just makes it more cruel

Angelfish i hope bubs starts giving you some big kicks soon

Reet hope your scan was great today

yes im choosing to ignore her. maybe its not the baby but it was the way she said it and where she pulled 18 weeks from i have no idea. she made me feel so stupid

Hello to everyone i have missed

Hi Girls! Just a quickie from me.. u/s went great today! Find out on friday the NT results, hopefully its all good.. i just cant imagine something being wrong with something so cute!
    I have put a link to my album on facebook.. i have finally announced our pregnancy to the world! Yay!
    Our beautiful baby! | Facebook

Will be back tomoro to do persies

xxx

Oh Reet thats great news! Glad you got to see your lovely little baby!

Ferrals: Oh your killing me Cant believe that you are having to put yourself through these thought proceses because on some idiot tech. person that had the dropsies!
    Hope the time away with your family is as nice as it all can be for you at the moment!!

everyone! Im 28weeks tomorrow so that means DD2 came in just 8 weeks! Holy cow, need to start getting organised! Just still cant imagine that im going to b lucky enough to hold this baby soonish! GCT test results tomorrow and MW appointment...

Hi girls!

Got a scan today, and appointment - can't shake that nervous feeling!
    Tegam, I hear you on needing to get organised. There's so much I have put off because I don't want to get too excited, but I really don't have that long to go now. Eeeep!

Good Afternoon,

ferrals - thinking of you. I wish I knew what to say to make things easier for you.

reet & audax - I hope you scan results are perfect.

hi everyone else. x

I'm just home from my first scan this time round. the tech had trouble initially finding a heartbeat, which delivered a wave of panic and an 'omg here we go again' feeling. but thankfully the wand found 142 bpm. tech said my bladder was full and obstructing the view !

sending everybody good vibes. x

Reet - OMG I can't believe you are self conscious about that tummy. I haven't been that thin since I was 18 or so! By the time I was 12wks my tummy was at least double that size. Maybe triple Beautiful u/s pics, bubby looks very cute and very fat-tummied.

Tegam - Wow you're almost there!

Audax - Good luck for your scan hun.

Kmm - Oh how scary for you. I'm glad they eventually found that hb for you.

Kellie - Thanks Kell, it is hard to believe how much time has passed, isn't it? The m/w in the office sounds like a cow....... I can tell the difference between my bowels and a baby LOL. Also, I never had these kinds of feelings before bubby was in there. I would have told her to shut her face, hehe.

AFM - We got some really cute little baby shoes at the markets today, and also a few pairs of socks. I don't know if there's anything cuter than baby socks... except maybe baby feet. DP was proudly showing Grandma the shoes when we got home..... very cute.

Forshelby- Trust me that tummy pic was on a good day.. its normally triple that size! I had *ahem* quite a few toilet trips yesterday so before i ate dinner last nite i said to my dh u have to take a pic before it expands again!!! Right now i cant get it back to anything like that! haha. Oh i love that ur buying baby stuff! When did u buy ur first piece?? My sisters are saying they want to start shopping for some now but i just dont feel ready yet! Its scary!
    Oh and u made me so excited saying that u cld feel babies movements so much better lately! I CANT WAIT!! Hopefully only 6 or so more weeks for me to wait tho. Can ur dp feel them yet??

Kmm- Oh u poor thing! So glad they found it tho! How far along are u?? U shld make a ticker so we can see ur progress!

Audax- What?! Ur still feeling nervous before scans?! Oh no!! Im really scared now! So those nerves never really do go away huh?! How did it go today?? And ur right.. not long to go now!!

Tegam- Wld u prefer to go to full term with this pg or wld u be happy with another 36 wk'er?? Hope ur appointment goes well tomoro and ur test results come back perfect!

Kell- Yeah man that midwife sounded horrible! Just ignore her! U know what ur feeling. I for one might get confused with babies movements and bowel movements because my bowels havent been the best lately.. but u have been thru it all before.. u know what type of feeling to expect! Not long to go now for ur u/s.. i hope the nerves arent back just yet for u.

Angelfish- I really hope u start feeling those movements soon! I think ur ob. is right in saying ur baby has a strong heartbeat so not to worry too much.. did he say there cld be a reason for u not feeling baby move..other then the anterior placenta?? Like are there any other medical conditions? If u had to get monitored twice a week wld it just be to check that the baby is moving around?? When u have had scans done have u seen the baby moving around?? Like i said tho.. i bet everything is just fine!

Ferrals- U made me so sad reading some of the preparations u have done just incase I cant wait til this next week is over and u have ur answer. I really hope this few days that ur away help to relax u a bit. Enjoy the time with ur family. I hope being away is also making time go a bit quicker!

Sunshine and stars- Have u had ur scan this week yet?? I hope everything goes well with it.

MsKara- So glad that ur feeling more alive and energetic now!! And woohoo for hearing ur babies hb!! Its such a cool little noise hey!

AFM- Started getting a bit worried today.. i have to wait til the 8th nov for my next checkup now.. oh no!! I was loving seeing my ob. every 2 weeks, he only wanted to get me past that 12 week mark tho and then make the appointments monthly.. dammit!! He did say tho if i do start getting worried just to call and i can pop in for a quick u/s.. i really hope i dont have to do that tho! This will probably be the hardest month to get thru.. hopefully after 16 weeks i can start feeling the baby move so that will be my reassurance!
    Oh and i had a really good friend tell me she was 6 weeks pg yesterday.. i was so happy for her because they have been trying for a while.. but then about an hour later a huge amount of jealousy crept over me! Why!!! I am EVIL! Seriously!! I dont get it. I called my dh and tried explaining my feelings to him.. like what happens if her pg is all smooth sailing and ours isnt.. etc etc etc.. i dont think he really understood because he got a little angry and said having a baby isnt a competition u know.. And i do know that! But i dont know.. like i said Im a bad friend and evil! A huge big Grrrr at myself!!

Reet-- I totally understand what you mean...where do these feelings come from? I think that it's because we experienced loss and we understand the crappy feelings that go along with it when we anticipate or get anxious about not-so-happy outcomes. The thought of somebody else going to term when we ourselves can not is painful (hypothetically). Feelings are complicated...and it's so possible to be happy and jealous, delighted and "evil" at the same time. And if that is too stupid an explanation, then blame it all on the hormones 'cause that is what I plan to do!

Ferrals-- Thinking about you and sending you positive vibes to reassure you that you will be able to handle anything that comes your way. I think that your determination to be prepared is admirable-- it gives you *some* control over an incredibly difficult situation. And I pray that your preparations will be totally and utterly unnecessary because you will have this beautiful child--living and breathing and completely whole-- squirming in your arms when it is ready to come.

Angelfish-- It sounds like your Doc is being reassuring about letting you come into the office more frequently if necessary. I hope that you feel lots of baby movement soon.

ForShelby-- Thinking of your little one's "angelversery" You're right; we don't forget. But look at Mommy now...and you have someone looking over both you and your bub.

About me-- I am up again in the middle of the night. This time I was definitely hungry and uncomfortable. Ate some cream of wheat and warm milk. Still not sleepy so I am on the computer. My DH bought a doppler to measure the heartbeat at home and surprised me with it. He wanted to get one sooner, but waited 'cause I wasn't sure how I felt-- not knowing if it would make me more anxious if I didn't hear the HB or whatever. We used it for just a couple of minutes last night-- and we found the HB right away. I still haven't had my scan yet-- it's Friday-- and I am anxious (not too surprising). Furbaby tried to sleep on my belly tonight-- drove me nuts-- so I put him out of the bedroom. Still couldn't sleep. What is up with that??? I keep getting up between 2:30 and 3:00 am !!!! Maybe it's practice for night-time feedings. LOL.

sorry that I missed some of you with persies. I read everything and then forget what I want to say! I am going to try to keep a list.

Oh-- one more thing-- my DH and I decided to buy flowers and a pretty card for the in-vitro office docs, surgeons, and nurses once I pass the 20 week mark (in a few weeks). I haven't let myself buy any baby stuff yet 'cause it was just too painful to look at that stuff after losing my first. And I still don't feel ready yet. But we want to celebrate and look forward...so we thought we'd send the medical team that helped me to get pregnant a small surprise to celebrate the half-way point. What do you think??? Most people probably wait until the baby is actually here...but they were so good to us, and even though we thanked them, we thought this might be a good way to "check-in" and say thanks again, at the same time.

sorry so long!

Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
    Hi girls!

Got a scan today, and appointment - can't shake that nervous feeling!
    Tegam, I hear you on needing to get organised. There's so much I have put off because I don't want to get too excited, but I really don't have that long to go now. Eeeep!
    I love but Hate scans all at the same time...I even hate the doppler coming at me and thats when the baby is kicking! Gee we really are a mess arent we hehe!

Hey yes you should get your act together and get organised or your going to have one undressed baby! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by kmm View Post
    I'm just home from my first scan this time round. the tech had trouble initially finding a heartbeat, which delivered a wave of panic and an 'omg here we go again' feeling. but thankfully the wand found 142 bpm. tech said my bladder was full and obstructing the view !

sending everybody good vibes. x
    How scary but so glad they found the little one!! Congratulation!

Quote Originally Posted by forshelby View Post
    Tegam - Wow you're almost there!

AFM - We got some really cute little baby shoes at the markets today, and also a few pairs of socks. I don't know if there's anything cuter than baby socks... except maybe baby feet. DP was proudly showing Grandma the shoes when we got home..... very cute.
    LOL i went back to check i hadnt written 38weeks seeing you said "wow you're almost there' Then had a HUGE shock that yes i guess i really am getting to that stage where its probably less that 10weeks! eeekkkk!

How cute are baby socks, even my DD1 miss 6 almost had a cry when she saw some i washed the other day and said she use to wear them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reet View Post
    Forshelby- Trust me that tummy pic was on a good day.. its normally triple that size! I had *ahem* quite a few toilet trips yesterday so before i ate dinner last nite i said to my dh u have to take a pic before it expands again!!! Right now i cant get it back to anything like that! haha. Oh i love that ur buying baby stuff! When did u buy ur first piece?? My sisters are saying they want to start shopping for some now but i just dont feel ready yet! Its scary!
    Oh and u made me so excited saying that u cld feel babies movements so much better lately! I CANT WAIT!! Hopefully only 6 or so more weeks for me to wait tho. Can ur dp feel them yet??

Audax- What?! Ur still feeling nervous before scans?! Oh no!! Im really scared now! So those nerves never really do go away huh?! How did it go today?? And ur right.. not long to go now!!

Tegam- Wld u prefer to go to full term with this pg or wld u be happy with another 36 wk'er?? Hope ur appointment goes well tomoro and ur test results come back perfect!

AFM- Started getting a bit worried today.. i have to wait til the 8th nov for my next checkup now.. oh no!! I was loving seeing my ob. every 2 weeks, he only wanted to get me past that 12 week mark tho and then make the appointments monthly.. dammit!! He did say tho if i do start getting worried just to call and i can pop in for a quick u/s.. i really hope i dont have to do that tho! This will probably be the hardest month to get thru.. hopefully after 16 weeks i can start feeling the baby move so that will be my reassurance!
    Oh and i had a really good friend tell me she was 6 weeks pg yesterday.. i was so happy for her because they have been trying for a while.. but then about an hour later a huge amount of jealousy crept over me! Why!!! I am EVIL! Seriously!! I dont get it. I called my dh and tried explaining my feelings to him.. like what happens if her pg is all smooth sailing and ours isnt.. etc etc etc.. i dont think he really understood because he got a little angry and said having a baby isnt a competition u know.. And i do know that! But i dont know.. like i said Im a bad friend and evil! A huge big Grrrr at myself!!
    Funny about the tummy. I had days a few weeks ago that i could say, looks see the baby has gone on holiday cause finally the bloating stopped!

I dont know if there is a good time to buy stuff. Just when you are ready i say. I dont think it makes a loss more difficult. They are all horrible. So it gifts makes you feel happy about this little one then give your sisters the go ahead!

Yes most of us still get 'funny' before a scan! Sorry it doesnt go away in other pregnancies either!

Oh dear its almost the other way around, i CAN NOT imagine that this one will be on time. Crazy i have never made it there. I wouldnt mind another 36weeker, she was fine and i took her home after 4hrs.

I keep saying to DH what if this on comes at 42weeks and i have a long labour Longest pregnancy so far was 39weeks and longest labour 6hrs or so!

About your friends pregnancy NO you are not evil and just a little hint....we share those thoughts here cause no one in real life either 'gets' it or wants to admit that they understand. We do so vent away here! We are all nut jobs when it comes down to our losses and we all deal with these things in different ways on different days!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine and stars View Post
    About me-- I am up again in the middle of the night. This time I was definitely hungry and uncomfortable. Ate some cream of wheat and warm milk. Still not sleepy so I am on the computer. My DH bought a doppler to measure the heartbeat at home and surprised me with it. He wanted to get one sooner, but waited 'cause I wasn't sure how I felt-- not knowing if it would make me more anxious if I didn't hear the HB or whatever. We used it for just a couple of minutes last night-- and we found the HB right away. I still haven't had my scan yet-- it's Friday-- and I am anxious (not too surprising). Furbaby tried to sleep on my belly tonight-- drove me nuts-- so I put him out of the bedroom. Still couldn't sleep. What is up with that??? I keep getting up between 2:30 and 3:00 am !!!! Maybe it's practice for night-time feedings. LOL.

Oh-- one more thing-- my DH and I decided to buy flowers and a pretty card for the in-vitro office docs, surgeons, and nurses once I pass the 20 week mark (in a few weeks). I haven't let myself buy any baby stuff yet 'cause it was just too painful to look at that stuff after losing my first. And I still don't feel ready yet. But we want to celebrate and look forward...so we thought we'd send the medical team that helped me to get pregnant a small surprise to celebrate the half-way point. What do you think??? Most people probably wait until the baby is actually here...but they were so good to us, and even though we thanked them, we thought this might be a good way to "check-in" and say thanks again, at the same time.

sorry so long!
    I think that the flowers are a lovely idea! Its always nice in the medical feild to get a thank you! You think that everyone would feel the same as you but i bet they dont get alot saying thank you after the jobs done! It will give them the energy to keep up the good work for the next couple they help!

Sunshine- That is so lovely that ur dh surprised u with a doppler!! i wish mine was thoughtful like that! I am seriously still thinking about getting one.. even tho everyone has warned me off them.. even my ob. I wld love to sit and listen to the hb every few days tho.. hhmmm i might just buy one in the next few days.. sadly i cant find any shops that seel them here so ive gotta get it off the internet.. hopefully the wait wont be too long.
    I think thats a beautiful idea about giving the staff flowers.. i wanted to do something like that for my gyno. and midwife when i first fell pg!! U just feel so much happiness and love for the ppl that have helped u achieve ur pregnancy. I defintely think u shld do it
    Thanks for ur words about my jealousy too.. everything u said is so right. Hopefully i get over it.. i start getting scared that if i continue being negative in my mind about other ppl that it will cause something bad to happen to my pregnancy. Jealousy is a curse!! But yes if all else fails i will defintely blame it on my hormones!

Tegam- U still get bloating when ur that far into pg.. wow!! I was hoping mine wld disappear soon and be gone for good! I will just have to work on keeping my bowels going i think. I hate being bloated! altho i am starting to get used to it.
    I dont think i am ready for ppl to start buying baby stuff for us. If they did it means i wld have to find somewhere to put the baby stuff and i dont want to even start thinking about a nursery for atleast the next 2 months.. it all just seems so far away.. even tho i know easter will be here in no time at all. And i keep thinking imagine if something happens i cldnt bare to look at baby things in our house... im hoping my family can hold out for a while longer.. altho this is the first baby out of all of us so it is a bit exciting!
    I will defintely only be venting in here about my negative horrible thoughts.. i now realise no-one else will ever understand! And i will just look like a nasty witch! Today i had lunch with my friend and it annoyed me even talking to her about her pg.. now u cant say thats not evil!! haha. She made one comment about how she is going to be 12 weeks when she goes away and then she added.. thats if i dont miscarry ofcourse.. That comment really got to me.. im not sure why but i think it was just the way she said it..like it wasnt even anything.. oh i dont know.. I have realised this is why i have been spending alot of time by myself at home for like the last 6 months.. i cant stand a lot of ppl at the moment!! I hope i become a happier more positive person soon!
    I love u girls on bb!! I love that i dont feel any jealousy whatsoever.. i am always just so happy to hear everyones stories etc!
    Last edited by Reet; October 14th, 2010 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reet View Post
    Sunshine- Thanks for ur words about my jealousy too.. everything u said is so right. Hopefully i get over it.. i start getting scared that if i continue being negative in my mind about other ppl that it will cause something bad to happen to my pregnancy. Jealousy is a curse!! But yes if all else fails i will defintely blame it on my hormones!
    I think you are doing a great job! And its not really jealousy, its not like you want something to happen to her baby, its just our minds trying to understand "why me' "why did my baby have to go"

Scan went well girlies! Everything was perfect, absolutely perfect. Sonographer was really persistent in trying to get a face shot, we actually had to tell her not to worry about it - the baby puts its hands over its face at every scan. I think it really doesn't like it. In cool news though - it has hair! Enough that you could see it on u/s! Tooooooo cute!
    Yes, Reet, the nerves hang around for ever! Mostly I'm fairly relaxed, especially since I have the most active baby in the universe, but this scan has been booked since July, and I was terrified of a Caesarean more than anything else; but the what ifs did come in to play a little.
    So... countdown is on!

In other news, I went way too hard today. Walked to the pool and back, swam 20 laps while there, came home, vacuumed everything, got dinner more or less ready, walked to the hospy, walked back and now I am shattered tired. Having a quick foot soak and then an early night, I think! (which really just means an earlier than normal middle of the night toilet run, and probably more than normal, but whatevers...)

reet~ the only underlineing medical condition i have is that i had dietities before i got pregnate you can have a big baby or a tiny baby. He did not go to much into what the motering would for. Also on us the baby would always be sleeping the tech would have to wake her up to get her moving but once she was a wake she would move LOL the opsite way that the tech needed last us the baby kept on hitting me everytime the tech would try gmeet her to move. The other problem is that i am on kolopin its an anti aneixty med and its dangous for me and the baby to come off of it with becouse of the withdrawl but i saw a gentic dr and she said that they did an indepentend study and nothing bad happened during the study.

sorry my computer has a mind of its own and love to post before i get done lol

Thank you everyone who has put postive thoughts down it really does help. I have to keep thinking postive i have made it this far and all the test and the us have come out perfect

Angelfish for trying to stay positive!

so happy the scan was ok Audax! Sounds like you did way too much! Hope you rest up today!

28weeks today!

Reet - LOL, You probably still look all slim and trim compared to me. I think I bought my first little 'romper' type suit for baby when I was about 15 weeks. Maybe a little earlier. I waited until now to get more things, and when we get back to the GC we're picking up the cot etc. DP can't feel the movements yet, but he's getting more and more 'attached' to my belly, lol. This morning he kissed it good morning, and yesterday he was tickling it and rubbing it all the time, it was really cute. It shouldn't be long until you get those first flutters. YAY! You aren't a bad friend for feeling a bit jealous. Try to look at it this way though: You're further along. You're past 12wks now. You're technically out of the 'danger zone'. Your chances of mc are about 0.5% now. I hope that helped. I would have found your friend's casual mention of 'oh if I don't miscarry' REALLY irritating. Obviously she's never had one, or she wouldn't mention it so casually. I would have made an excuse and gotten the heck out of there. You don't have to feel evil for admitting your true feelings. It takes courage to face up to some of our more 'dark' feelings..... and it's ok. We all have them from time to time. So far you're doing just great, being supportive of her etc.. so don't beat yourself up. I'm here to do that for you if you ever need it, lol.

Sunshine - How exciting that you have your own doppler. I find my furbaby tries to sleep on my belly too, and it does feel uncomfortable. I'm trying to train him to just put his head on my belly and sit on my lap. I think sending the IVF doctors a present is a lovely idea.

Tegam - Hehe, I can see how baby socks might bring on some tears. Your DD must be a sensitive little thing. How cute. And yes, you ARE nearly there! How exciting is that.

Audax - Aww, how sweet that baby has hair. Did you have much heartburn? Apparently that means bubby is growing hair. Sounds like you ran a marathon today.... get some rest, woman!

Angelfish - Stay positive, hun.

AFM - Starting to get a little bit homesick for my furbabies, and just feeling a bit bleh. In other news, I've had a great opportunity to catch up on my knitting (baby blanket) and it's looking great. I hope everyone is well.

Quote Originally Posted by forshelby View Post
    AFM - Starting to get a little bit homesick for my furbabies, and just feeling a bit bleh. In other news, I've had a great opportunity to catch up on my knitting (baby blanket) and it's looking great. I hope everyone is well.
    What have i missed? Why are you missing your furbabies?? I love hand knitted goods for babies, pity this one is a January QLD baby!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast